Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    IGN's people's choice results

    A clean sweep for Sony as it beat the Xbox One in every category.



    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    Last edited by Lethal; 01-17-2014 at 16:55.

  2. #2
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,492
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    47,450 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well deserved


  3. #3
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,294
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    225,736 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Very surprised by a clean sweep to be honest but it looks like Sony have completely turned things around on Microsoft and fair play to them!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  4. #4
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,879
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    21,767 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Clean sweep indeed.




  5. #5
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    8,484 (0 Banked)
    But it's the EYE GEE EN "people's choice" awards. It's not that PS4 is or isn't, though a total clean sweep in the States when the X1 outsold the PS4 in the States is a little weird. It's that IGN will stuff the ballot box to serve this year's editorial.

    http://youtu.be/JIKeQTjeo0M

  6. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Just for kicks.

  7. Likes Kauldron likes this post
  8. #7
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,340
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    48,963 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    But it's the EYE GEE EN "people's choice" awards. It's not that PS4 is or isn't, though a total clean sweep in the States when the X1 outsold the PS4 in the States is a little weird. It's that IGN will stuff the ballot box to serve this year's editorial.

    http://youtu.be/JIKeQTjeo0M
    Maybe. Just maybe. Not all IGN readers are American.

  9. Likes Kauldron, Christopher likes this post
  10. #8
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,717
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    74,308 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Maybe. Just maybe. Not all IGN readers are American.
    lol.....and what were those worldwide numbers again? Not so strange after all.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  11. #9
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Maybe. Just maybe. Not all IGN readers are American.
    It's almost as if they have branches all around like Australia and the UK and an international audience on YouTube where this was pimped.

  12. Likes Serinous , Lefein likes this post
  13. #10
    Veteran
    Pong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,408
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    4,071 (0 Banked)
    Here are the numbers if anyone is unable to see the video.

    Controller:
    PS4 68%
    XB1 32%

    Hardware:
    PS4 71%
    XB1 29%

    Games:
    PS4 59%
    XB1 41%

    System OS:
    PS4 59%
    XB1 41%

    Online:
    PS4 62%
    XB1 38%

    Overall:
    PS4 68%
    XB1 32%

    I have to say I'm pretty shocked at this because I expected a few of the categories to be much closer. Namely, the Controller, Games, System OS and Overall.

    The controller is really more about preference and should be split. Both systems launched with a couple of good exclusive games and have a good looking 2014 lineup. The System OS is another category that I expected to be a matter or preference with no clear winner. Last, Overall I expected to be closer based on the other categories that I mentioned being closer than they were.

    What I would really like to see if it were possible, is a poll like this from people that own both consoles. That would eliminate the fanboys scueing the results and provide a much better measure of what the preferred console is.

  14. #11
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm on a 50/50 between the two right now. Both have pros and cons.




  15. #12
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,668
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    7,798 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    As far as controllee goes..I $#@!in love the new pad. . I have large hands so to me, I can really get a grip on the pad, without my thumbs slippin off the sticks. Xbone one pad I have never liked..period. I have used it however with dead rising 3 and I have no issues with its functionality..I just don't like the pad itself.

    Edit: $#@!in hell...there's alot of 'pad' in there. My Bad..

  16. #13
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,073
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,543 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    As far as controllee goes..I $#@!in love the new pad. . I have large hands so to me, I can really get a grip on the pad, without my thumbs slippin off the sticks. Xbone one pad I have never liked..period. I have used it however with dead rising 3 and I have no issues with its functionality..I just don't like the pad itself.


    Edit: $#@!in hell...there's alot of 'pad' in there. My Bad..
    Yeah I love the new pad lol. They redesigned it perfectly imo. Just wish there was more support for the touch pad. I really like how it has been used in the games that support it.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  17. #14
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    11,608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post

    Edit: $#@!in hell...there's alot of 'pad' in there. My Bad..
    Must be that time of the month.

  18. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  19. #15
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Here are the numbers if anyone is unable to see the video.

    Controller:
    PS4 68%
    XB1 32%

    Hardware:
    PS4 71%
    XB1 29%

    Games:
    PS4 59%
    XB1 41%

    System OS:
    PS4 59%
    XB1 41%

    Online:
    PS4 62%
    XB1 38%

    Overall:
    PS4 68%
    XB1 32%

    I have to say I'm pretty shocked at this because I expected a few of the categories to be much closer. Namely, the Controller, Games, System OS and Overall.
    the only thing that surprises me about the above, is how well MS have done considering all the hate they get.

  20. #16
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,712
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    137,059 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    But it's the EYE GEE EN "people's choice" awards. It's not that PS4 is or isn't, though a total clean sweep in the States when the X1 outsold the PS4 in the States is a little weird. It's that IGN will stuff the ballot box to serve this year's editorial.

    http://youtu.be/JIKeQTjeo0M
    it gives a hint that PS4 just wasn't available.

  21. #17
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,130
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    24,641 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The people have spoken.
    /thread

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  22. #18
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    the only thing that surprises me about the above, is how well MS have done considering all the hate they get.
    Same here. They're doing better than i thought they would at this point.

  23. #19
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    currently there is a games drought. Since there are not many games right now, the touchpad can't be used to it's potential, so what we are seeing currently is a drought. This has nothing to do with the touchpad since a drought is currently here. I'm 100% sure the touchpad will get used more and more as the boom in games happen.

  24. #20
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,668
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    7,798 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    currently there is a games drought. Since there are not many games right now, the touchpad can't be used to it's potential, so what we are seeing currently is a drought. This has nothing to do with the touchpad since a drought is currently here. I'm 100% sure the touchpad will get used more and more as the boom in games happen.
    So, if I am reading you correctly, since there is a games drought right now, your saying the touchpad is underused because of that?

  25. #21
    Superior Member
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    532
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    11,742 (0 Banked)
    yeah ign knows the superior games console when they see it. can't argue with that.

  26. #22
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm on a 50/50 between the two right now. Both have pros and cons.
    Agreed. And as a big racing game fan I'm a little annoyed that PS4 doesn't have one good racing game and Drive Club has gone completely dark. If that game gets cancelled then I may as a racing game fan have to do something drastic. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-20-2014 at 19:36.

  27. #23
    Fire the space harpoons!
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,277
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    22,029 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Agreed. And as a big racing game fan I'm a little annoyed that PS4 doesn't have one good racing game and Drive Club has gone completely dark.
    Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Definitely needs a good racer.

    And on the subject of Drive Club announcement of the release date appears imminent
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/drivec...nced_soon.html
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 01-20-2014 at 20:31.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  28. #24
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Definitely needs a good racer. And on the subject of Drive Club announcement of the release date appears imminent http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/drivec...nced_soon.html
    Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed.

  29. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Finally! The People's Champ HAS COME BACK to PLAYSTATION!

  30. Likes Omar, x_terna likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.