Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I wonder... are the F2P games also launched in Eu?
    Just wondering if between the F2P and free games you get with PSN, people are just happy playing those.
    Afew guys at work have stuck to the F2P games and PS+, most noticeably Resogun and War Thunder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wonder... are the F2P games also launched in Eu? Just wondering if between the F2P and free games you get with PSN, people are just happy playing those.
    You act like nobody is playing games on PS4. Its 4.8 vs 4.2. Not exactly a landslide. I think youre making a way bigger deal out of this than what it is tbh.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-18-2014 at 01:10.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I just still can't get over the fact that the worldwide consoles sold is the same as the, I'm guessing US, US software sales.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    First of all, that's speculation that it's due to PS4 supply issues. Second, I don't think I have ever heard of anybody going into a store to buy a $400 console and decided to spend $100 more on a different console simply because the $400 console wasn't in stock. I'm sure a couple idiots have done this, but certainly not enough idiots to explain the numbers. Especially when the Xbox 360 sold like gangbusters too this Christmas season.

I've never heard of a kid asking a parent "Mom....dad..... I want a next-gen console. I don't care which."..... OR..."I want a PS4. And if there aren't any, then go ahead and get me an Xbox One instead". People....be it children or adults, usually know what they want. Especially when it's a purchase that's $400 or more. I can't see a kid asking for a PS4 and a parent shelling out $100 more just so the kid has SOME next-gen console under the tree in time for Christmas. Especially when kids are willing to wait until after Christmas to get a lot of the things they want through gift cards given to them at Christmas.
    That is bull$#@! though. I have spent more money buying TV's because the one I wanted was out of stock. Or I purchased more expensive shoes, games, laptops, etc. All because the model or whatever was out of stock. I guess in your eyes I am some sort of "idiot"..

And how would you know what kids are telling their parents? You are assuming kids are patient and will wait for a PS4 in stock. I sure as hell was not that type of kid growing up. If 2 consoles released, I wanted one of them right now!!
    Last edited by Lethal; 01-18-2014 at 01:16.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I just still can't get over the fact that the worldwide consoles sold is the same as the, I'm guessing US, US software sales.
    what does that mean?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what does that mean?
    The last word from Sony was 4.2 million consoles sold. This is 4.2 million games sold. Like I said, I'm assuming this is games sold in US. I didn't see it saying that on the op. I might have missed it though. It's just coincidental if that is the case.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Why are people getting mad at people who bought a cheaper console being a savvy shopper?
    We can't all be mindless spenders.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-18-2014 at 03:00.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Is npd a US only thing?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Is npd a US only thing?
    Yes
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yes
    Ok that makes sense now. I was so confused. It is crazy the coincidence of the global console total and US software numbers.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    That is bull$#@! though. I have spent more money buying TV's because the one I wanted was out of stock. Or I purchased more expensive shoes, games, laptops, etc. All because the model or whatever was out of stock. I guess in your eyes I am some sort of "idiot"..

And how would you know what kids are telling their parents? You are assuming kids are patient and will wait for a PS4 in stock. I sure as hell was not that type of kid growing up. If 2 consoles released, I wanted one of them right now!!
    A television, shoes, etc etc are not platforms that you will get games on that the other platform doesn't have. A television will be able to watch all the same channels as the competitor's television. That's a key reason we choose one platform over another. The CONTENT differentiation. It's why Nintendo fanboys stick with a platform that is always last in specs and features. In my case, it's the only reason I'm getting a PS4 as my secondary console cuz it has games that won't come out on Xbox One. If PS4 didn't have exclusives, I'd stay strictly an Xbox One owner even if the PS4 has higher specs.

As for seeing you as an idiot? I see people that impulse buy another product than the one they wanted to buy simply because they were too impatient..... yes.... IMO they are idiots. Especially if the impulse buy is more expensive than the product they wanted.

I'm a little more lenient on the issue if it's small $#@!. For instance if I need some energy cuz I'm tired and I pay 50 cents more for an energy drink that's not the brand I like cuz they are out of my favorite. But the energy drink isn't a long term purchase and it certainly isn't $100 more then the brand I prefer.

It's the reason I own credit cards, but never go into debt with them unless it is an emergency like a water heater dying on me or a major car repair. Everything I want, I save for. I've bought all my vehicles and possessions in my house upfront. Never did payments. While all my friends were willing to impulse buy things on a credit card, I would simply save up for it. My mantra is "Pay as you go and you will never owe". For my Xbox One....I saved up for it. I'm patient.

As for kids? The fact that these days kids know they will get a sizable chunk of their presents AFTER Christmas (through gift cards for Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc etc) is even more reason to wait. They aren't THAT impatient.

If 2 consoles released, you wanted one of them right away? That tells me that you didn't care which one you got. But especially in these days of online gaming where the kids want consoles that the majority of their friends own so they can play with them online...... getting a $100 more Xbox One in time for Christmas simply because the kid couldn't wait until after Christmas to get the PS4 that all his friends own, is just stupid.

Most parents will say.... I'm not paying a $100 more for a console so that you can have a gaming system on Christmas day.... just so you turn around and say "I wanted the same console as my friends....a PS4! Send it back to the store, I'm unhappy with my gift".

I'm sure there are some idiot parents that pay $100 more for a console that their kid never wanted in the first place, but I'd say that's pretty rare. Especially on such a long term, high ticket price item. They would more likely search the net for stock elsewhere or put the extra $100 towards the markup of a PS4 on ebay.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Koaster, you should just speak for yourself. You keep saying "kids" and "people", and "idiots". There are many people out there that will buy the Xbox One if the PS4 is sold out. Just because you wouldn't, does not mean other "idiots" will not. You seem to think it is okay to pay more money for everything else in this world if the product they are looking for is not available. Everything but home consoles lol.

I am done in here..

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    You act like nobody is playing games on PS4. Its 4.8 vs 4.2. Not exactly a landslide. I think youre making a way bigger deal out of this than what it is tbh.
    Err, 2 vs 2.66? is a fairly big deal, especially when the WW tie in for Sony is higher.

Just trying to figure why its about 2 in America and way higher elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Why are people getting mad at people who bought a cheaper console being a savvy shopper?
    We can't all be mindless spenders.
    People are mad that Americans didn't buy more games with their PS4?

Really?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Err, 2 vs 2.66? is a fairly big deal,.
    I'm sure it is to you. lol Anyway carry on.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Koaster, you should just speak for yourself. You keep saying "kids" and "people", and "idiots". There are many people out there that will buy the Xbox One if the PS4 is sold out.
    Agree

and lets be honest about a few things.

1. Parents will always out buy the "gamers" when it comes to consoles. So if their kids wants next gen and they can not find a rdx3200 but can find a xquz4000 then they will buy that to give their kids a merry Christmas.
    2. We still early gen and PS4 may not have enough retail games the gamers are interested in yet, but they still sold more units(last I checked). So you got people like me who got a PS4 but nothing interested them but rather have it now then fight later( Tomb Raider, Thief, Infamous all juicy goodness).
    3. A number of gamer (big, small we do not know) first thing was switch hard drive and attempt all digital this gen. Will it pay off? who knows but seems NPD does not count them.
    4. Merica $#@! yeah!!!(no point just would not be a thread with America mentioned with out someone saying it).

Superior Member
    Koaster, you should just speak for yourself. You keep saying "kids" and "people", and "idiots". There are many people out there that will buy the Xbox One if the PS4 is sold out. Just because you wouldn't, does not mean other "idiots" will not. You seem to think it is okay to pay more money for everything else in this world if the product they are looking for is not available. Everything but home consoles lol.

I am done in here..
    I never said NOBODY would. And saying MANY doesn't mean it's not a mere fraction of the whole. If 200 people do it, that can be considered "many". But out of millions of sales, that's a mere tiny fraction. Certainly not enough to account for the Xbox One's large sales.

Cuz if you think that the reason for the big numbers is people forking out $100 more for Xbox One cuz of PS4 supply issues, I want the $#@! you are smoking. I worked part time at Gamestop (mainly to get the large employee discounts at Christmas time) and I don't recall any customers coming in and deciding to get another console cuz the one they wanted was out of stock..... let alone for $100 more.

Like I said.... I'm sure a few have. But certainly not enough to say it's any kind of a major deciding issue due the One's large sales in light of the PS4 supply issues.

Among other words.... you are overstating the PS4 supply issue in relation to Xbox One's sales.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 01-18-2014 at 03:18.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    You're right, no one ever does that.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Economics 101. Supply and demand. Demand is definitely here, but supply isn't.

Edit: Wait... This is about games and not consoles sold.
    Economics 101. Supply less so that you can fake demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I don't recall any customers coming in and deciding to get another console cuz the one they wanted was out of stock..... let alone for $100 more.
    if it's like me or the people i know, you most definitely don't buy the console your kids don't want, unless you want to piss them off.

anyway, i'm sure MS are mighty pleased to see there new box doing so well.
    just a pity Sony felt the need to remove the camera to keep the price down, as it looks like it would have still sold well at a higher price.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 01-18-2014 at 14:41.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

if it's like me or the people i know, you most definitely don't buy the console your kids don't want, unless you want to piss them off.

anyway, i'm sure MS are mighty pleased to see there new box doing so well.
    just a pity Sony felt the need to remove the camera to keep the price down, as it looks like it would have still sold well at a higher price.
    -_- Really. Your argument is Sony is faking supply in order to fabricate demand?

That may work in some markets, like diamonds, but with consoles? C'mon man. They want to sell as many as possible to customers who want them so that they don't 'jump ship' to available alternatives.

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    -_- Really. Your argument is Sony is faking supply in order to fabricate demand?

That may work in some markets, like diamonds, but with consoles? C'mon man. They want to sell as many as possible to customers who want them so that they don't 'jump ship' to available alternatives.
    It happens, and the console market isn't immune to it. I'm not saying it IS happening, but hey.. I wouldn't doubt it.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Sounds like a fake argument to me. PS4 was the largest console launch ever. Way to "supply less", Sony!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

24. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    why would they need to fake it? they sold more. i guess all those PS4-favored polls were fake too that overwhelmed Xbox One.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol America > worldwide numbers argument again? Sigh Fox News will be proud

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol America > worldwide numbers argument again? Sigh Fox News will be proud Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Well you know, the US is the world. lol But seriously Sony still has the lead in the US and we still dont know by how much the X1 outsold the PS4 by in December because we dont even have the PS4 NPD numbers for that month. GAF estimate is PS4 - 865k vs X1 908k. But we have nothing official.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-18-2014 at 20:16.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sounds like a fake argument to me. PS4 was the largest console launch ever. Way to "supply less", Sony!
    Lets not let facts get in the way of the FUD. lol

Thread Information