Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

Microsoft: both PS4 and Xbox One will "sell a ton", online hate "needs to go away"

For once I actually agree with Major Nelson...Microsoft took jabs at Sony when the Xbox360 came out, Sony took jabs at Microsoft when the PS4, now it is time to stop all the BS, respect each other and play some GAMES!

http://www.oxm.co.uk/69631/microsoft...ds-to-go-away/

This morning it was revealed that the Xbox One was December 2013's best-selling home console in North America. In related news, the internet has become a cauldron of fire. Now, Microsoft's PR chap Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has taken to Reddit to applaud PS4's success, calling for diehards on both sides to cool their jets.
    According to Nelson, we should all just be glad that the consoles are selling well, whichever machine we favour. "Both new platforms are off to a great start," he wrote. "We all should be celebrating a healthy vibrant industry. Sony has done a good job and they should be commended. The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away." Daww.
    "Sony will sell a ton," Hryb added down the page. "We will sell a ton. The industry is doing well...and consumers have choice."
    This echoes recent comments to OXM by Microsoft Studios headman Phil Spencer, who said of Sony that he "really respects their focus on investing in new things and creative things". Spencer also had praise for Nintendo, observing that "their first-party is such an amazing asset."
    There was certainly room for doubt about the fortunes of both Xbox One and PS4 last year, given slumping sales of big budget console blockbusters. As Bioshock Infinite designer Shawn Elliot told OXM last January, "where games are at now - the big budget games - you have the potential to be extraordinarily and unpredictably successful, but the risk, the bet you're taking is that you can also fail utterly."
    Some argued that the general sales decline had more to do with the age of the supporting platforms. Others claimed, however, that consumers had simply fallen out of love with the idea of a console full stop - lured away by powerful smartphones and tablets. Fortunately, the optimists appear to have prevailed: Microsoft has now sold well over three million Xbox One units worldwide.
    The problem of "online hate" is another kettle of fish, of course. I spoke to a number of developers about how they deal with toxic rancour back in 2012. The answers in brief: angry people may shout louder, but they aren't the majority, and the situation is improving.
    In the spirit of Nelson's remarks, here's your agenda for the afternoon: find a PS4 or Wii U owner and give him or her a nice, big hug. I'll start by hugging Joe Skrebels, former OXM intern turned Official Nintendo news editor - hopefully, he won't think I'm just trying to steal his wallet.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    short story.

console warz are for insecure kids

everyone else should revel that the gaming industry is charging ahead

3. Likes BBK.. , Pong, MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I guess Major nelson felt he needed to respond from the twitter hate he got after he posted xb1 US sales figures. All that crap from both sides need to stop. I place a lot of the blame on gaming journalism.

5. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I guess Major nelson felt he needed to respond from the twitter hate he got after he posted xb1 US sales figures. All that crap from both sides need to stop. I place a lot of the blame on gaming journalism.
    Yep, gaming journalist do alot to stir the pot with bait articles that often have baiting and sensationalist headlines. Both consoles are and will continue to sell very well which means a healthy industry. Gamers are the winners here.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I guess MS don't think it's as funny as they though back in 06, 07 etc..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

8. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    $#@!in fanboy idiots...why can't people just enjoy what they have...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    $#@!in fanboy idiots...why can't people just enjoy what they have...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I don't think that question can ever be answered.

Props for Nelson though.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Yay consoles!! But...

In the spirit of Nelson's remarks, here's your agenda for the afternoon: find a PS4 or Wii U owner and give him or her a nice, big hug.
    ...I ain't huggin' any of you $#@!ers.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

12. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yay consoles!! But...

...I ain't huggin' any of you $#@!ers.
    Whaa!!??? Dude. I'll change your username back to what it was if I don't get my $#@!ing hug.

14. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Whaa!!??? Dude. I'll change your username back to what it was if I don't get my $#@!ing hug.
    sigh.....ok....but keep your hands off my ass this time.

My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

Back to the OP lol.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    yay consoles!! But...

...i ain't huggin' any of you $#@!ers.
    Quote Originally Posted by f34r View Post
    whaa!!??? Dude. I'll change your username back to what it was if i don't get my $#@!ing hug.
    lol!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Lol Chris. But I completely agree with Larry here. It's very childish the amount that some people put into this $#@!.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member

I thought you liked to be hugged from behind.

Anyways... Major Nelson is right. To me, preferring a platform shouldn't have to be an excuse to trash another. It's the same thing that pollutes the iOS vs. Android crowds.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit

And thats why MS get so much hate lately. The typical reaction for this company: If you canīt beat them, buy them. MS always threw money on everyone and everything that stands in their way. Yes other companies doing that properly too but for now our hate is concentrate on MS and they deserve every bit of it.

Not long ago when Xbox360 beat the crap out of PS3, MN and all the other spokesman from MS had no problems to bash their competitors and put fuel into the fire when ever they could. Pathetic how they now claiming peace and happiness for everyone.

21. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post

And thats why MS get so much hate lately. The typical reaction for this company: If you canīt beat them, buy them. MS always threw money on everyone and everything that stands in their way. Yes other companies doing that properly too but for now our hate is concentrate on MS and they deserve every bit of it.

Not long ago when Xbox360 beat the crap out of PS3, MN and all the other spokesman from MS had no problems to bash their competitors and put fuel into the fire when ever they could. Pathetic how they now claiming peace and happiness for everyone.
    You just said other companies did it. How are MS spokespeople any worse than Sony's people trash talking during those same years? You want to conveniently forget the shots they took at both MS and Nintendo. It's business. Nobody is any worse of a trash talker than the others. You talk up your products and downplay the competition's products. Happens all the time.

You just said other companies throw money too. Where's your hate for the money Sony has thrown around? Those PS3 DLC exclusives or timed exclusives were due to Sony money-hatting publishers. Sony bought Gaikai even though they could have come up with their own game streaming technology. I guess if you can't beat them, buy them. Pot... meet kettle.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    They both already are.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    short story.

console warz are for insecure kids

everyone else should revel that the gaming industry is charging ahead
    LOL uhhh yea....okaaaay

The jabs need to keep on going. I remember during the PS3 and 360 wars Microsoft didn't let up one bit and neither did the stealth trolls.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Yes other companies doing that properly too but for now our hate is concentrate on MS and they deserve every bit of it.
    pew pew.... not "our" hate. please dont count me in on that.

Got both, don't care what some 15 year old says.

Haters gonna hate.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Funny how Major Nelson was a major $#@! talker when the 360 was king. Now the One is getting some MAJOR competition in the form of the PS4 and now his stance is "can't we all just get along?" What a tool. These "warz" are fueled by the gaming media's chicken$#@! attitude towards the new consoles. EVERYONE knows which console is packing the most horsepower, but they always say that this isn't the case. There is so much misinformation out there because these sites don't wanna piss of MS or SONY. So that just leaves gamers to educate the masses, and that's never a good thing when it comes to new consoles. And for the record, I own both systems.

28. Likes Demi_God likes this post

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Journalism? If you want to call it that nowadays.. loll

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Thread Information