Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

What do you hope to see in Resident Evil 7?

I know some people will say that they want the old Resident Evil to return and Capcom have commented a while back that the series will return to its survival horror roots. That said, what do you hope to see in Resident Evil 7? Are there any stories they could explore or character(s) that you want to see return? Could a great game like The Last of Us have influenced the upcoming Resident Evil?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-18-2014 at 01:53.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

Sonata Dusk
    As long as it strides closer to survival-horror again and takes itself more seriously then I'll be very happy.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I want to see nothing about RE6 in the next game. I would love to see Resident Evil 2 in the over the shoulder view have now with the series.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Whilst they've said that they're going back to its roots, they've also said that the traditional Resident Evil demographic is now 'too old', so take from that what you will. I wouldn't hold my breath with it being anything specular, no matter how much I hope on the contrary.

I'd like:
    - ATMOSPHERE.
    - That pervading sense of dread.
    - A city. Again.
    - Barry Burton.
    - Survival. No points crap, no ammo stockpiles at every corner.
    - Slow, scary zombies.
    - A traditional, interesting story. Not some half-baked drivel.

I won't hold my breath, though.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Whilst they've said that they're going back to its roots, they've also said that the traditional Resident Evil demographic is now 'too old', so take from that what you will. I wouldn't hold my breath with it being anything specular, no matter how much I hope on the contrary.

I'd like:
    - ATMOSPHERE.
    - That pervading sense of dread.
    - A city. Again.
    - Barry Burton.
    - Survival. No points crap, no ammo stockpiles at every corner.
    - Slow, scary zombies.
    - A traditional, interesting story. Not some half-baked drivel.

I won't hold my breath, though.

A Resi 2 reboot.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Effectively, but I go through flutters of really wanting that, and then just hating the idea since they'll screw it up badly in all probability.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I know some people will say that they want the old Resident Evil to return and Capcom have commented a while back that the series will return to its survival horror roots. That said, what do you hope to see in Resident Evil 7? Are there any stories they could explore or character(s) that you want to see return? Could a great game like The Last of Us have influenced the upcoming Resident Evil?
    Give it to Ninja Theory to reboot.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I'd love to see another Resident Evil 4-like one. 5 was similar but it strayed too far from what made 4 awesome and 6 was well...

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Give it to Ninja Theory to reboot.
    Good god no.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Resident Evil 2 for me was the best in the series, so anything that resembles it would only be a good thing, but they need to stop with all they put in 5 and 6! Was great to see Leon back and it had almost got there with his part of the story, but then it got all action film and lost its appeal for me, so something like Resi Evil 2 would be a refreshing change!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Oh and scarce save points!

Superior Member
    I want Claire!

I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed RE5 and 6. However, there was too much action in those games and not enough emphasis on survival and fear.

Bring back inventory management ( la RE4)!

PSN ID
    James21291
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    I want Claire!

I'm in the minority of people who actually enjoyed RE5 and 6. However, there was too much action in those games and not enough emphasis on survival and fear.

Bring back inventory management ( la RE4)!
    A lot of people liked RE5 myself included it's just that the fans of the old RE games didn't like it. Because it's a bad RE game but if you just judge it by itself it's a pretty fun game. RE6 on the other hand is a bad game period IMO. As for what id like to see in the new RE games i am pretty much like everyone else scarier better atmosphere, etc.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    It's a fun enough game, and I did enjoy 6. I just don't think they hold a candle to the old ones. The issue is they disregarded everything that established the franchise as first-rate; instead of building on the famed aspects like atmosphere, creepiness etc, they just went for a macho-shooting-fest.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    I want the 7 dropped off. I want to see it rebooted. I don't mind action, but I really think they should just make their 3rd person COD wanna be separately from survival horror.

Capcom is not in great shape so ideally, that wouldn't happen.

It is time to go back to the drawing board on Resident Evil.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3rules07 View Post
    A lot of people liked RE5 myself included it's just that the fans of the old RE games didn't like it. Because it's a bad RE game but if you just judge it by itself it's a pretty fun game. RE6 on the other hand is a bad game period IMO. As for what id like to see in the new RE games i am pretty much like everyone else scarier better atmosphere, etc.
    I liked RE5 as well. I kind of laughed at the whole racism talk and them backtracking. Like you'd find Asian zombies in Africa...

Anyway, RE6 was not good. ORC was abysmal. As I mentioned in my post, Capcom needs a creative infusion and reboot on the whole thing.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    There's only one man for the job.

Ultimate Veteran
    I wanna see 7 go back to its roots like the frist 3 resident evil games. I wanna see resident evil 4 remake

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I'd like for the entire RE franchise to
    rest in peace already.

It just isn't the same without Shinji Mikami. Wait for The Evil Within instead.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Yup, The Evil Within's my most anticipated game. Hopefully it'll be and do incredible, which may finally show Capcom that survival horror can be profitable.

Superior Member
    Apparently Revelations was a step in the right direction. I haven't played it myself however.

The Evil Within does look great but RE has always held a special place in my heart of horror. It'd be a shame for them to do away with the IP. I love a lot of the characters and its such a well known franchise. Like someone else said, what they should really do is reboot it.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    I played it a bit on 3DS and it just seemed a little stale. Reboot is certainly what's needed.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    It needs a reboot, just like TR and DMC. The story is a mess, core fans are at 30s already.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Martijn_
    Remake RE 2 for the fans and then release 7 as to end the current story. after that leave the franchise alone for at least 5 years and reboot or create a new Survival horror IP.
    Games playing online PS4: FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghost, The Last of Us remastered.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    A quick tangent: imo RE6 was easily twice the game RE5 was. The controls and gameplay have never been stronger in the series ever before. Call it dude bro or whatever but I've spent 60+ hrs on RE6 (30hrs sp and +30hrs mercenaries) and platinumed RE5, everything in re6 just works so well. I went back and played re4 and re5 a couple of months back and the controls were appalling to me. I loved how the different character stories intertwined in the campaign aswell. Leon and Ada had the best campaigns though.

What I want from Re7 is for it to be more focused and not padded like 6 was. From recent interviews, they aim to do just that. Focus on one or two characters and make it like Re4. Honestly I think the Evil Within is the RE we deserve

EDIT: Black mentioning TLOU reminded me that RE7 should implement a similar aim sway and limited ammo
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-20-2014 at 19:05.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Martijn_
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    A quick tangent: imo RE6 was easily twice the game RE5 was. The controls and gameplay have never been stronger in the series ever before. Call it dude bro or whatever but I've spent 60+ hrs on RE6 (30hrs sp and +30hrs mercenaries) and everything just works so well. I went back and played re4 and re5 a couple of months back and the controls were appalling to me. I loved how the different character stories intertwined in the campaign aswell. Leon and Ada had the best campaigns though.

What I want from Re7 is for it to be more focused and not padded like 6 was. From recent interviews, they aim to do just that. Focus on one or two characters and make it like Re4. Honestly I think the Evil Within is the RE we deserve

EDIT: Black mentioning TLOU reminded me that RE7 should implement a similar aim sway and limited ammo
    I agree with you, the way it plays is a huge improvement. The only problem I have with 6 is that the campaigns are separate. I think it would have been better if they did one big story campaign, it would have done the story more justice imo.

I hope Capcom studies the Last of Us ad take RE back in that direction.
    Games playing online PS4: FIFA 14, Call of Duty Ghost, The Last of Us remastered.

Thread Information