Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Santa Cruz, Trinidad(& Tobago), West Indies(the Caribbean)...
    PSN ID
    LuckierParadox

Non player abuse in gaming......

For me it began whilst playing one of those popular COD games... I'd join a game & somene would curse "f you" just like that, for no aparent reason... At first I thought nothing much of it - I thought those guys were messing with me(\us in the game)just to trow me off my game so they can win - but then it became somewhat of a, 'ritual' & I realized it was......personal...
    So I started a ritual of my own - muting all players as I play... This did the job of avoiding, 'it', but they adapted - they'd refresh some of the players on the game server & the new ones who I didn't have a chance to mute yet would curse me... It moved on from MW2 to Black-Ops - same, 'crap' - until the final day of COD for me...
    That day, I had my best game ever of Hardcore TDM where I scored 36(37)/0... As I played I counted my killz & told my buddy at that time I was going to make a video with it... Then later, at the end of the match, I heard yet another "f you" which I payed no real attenion to(I was in a good mood), until I attempted to access my recording of the game, which was GONE - deleted, before I could save or make a video of it...
    Then......I realized that it wasn't players cursing me... Apparently it was one of those game server 'chaperones' or whoever, who deleted my replay - 'that guy'(with the bad attitude - how do such people get to be company representitives is beyond me)mentioned they'd have people monitoring games with COD 'Elite' & that they'd also have the ability to delete a player's stats...
    Very Soon After, I sold my copys of MW2 & Black Ops, & now, I Will Not Play Any Game Made By The Creators Of The COD Series...
    [Note: Not too long after my game replay record was deleted, & before I even thought of taking any sort of legal action, 'certain parties' - I use the term 'certain parties' when I don't want to call names - changed their terms of agreement(or else I may have been able to hold them responsible & sue them etc for, 'it')... How convinient - it's almost as if They Knew what was going on & took the necessary steps to, 'save their asses'... The change in terms however was said to be due to their network being hacked, so I guess it was just coincidence - If only I believed in coincidence...]
    Meanwhile - in another popular game - the rules of said game were being changed against my style of play...
    Again, at first I thought nothing much of the fact that one was now forced to wait for several seconds before one could attack the remaining objectives in Bad Company 2 - in fact, I laughed when I realized it - but then came Battlefield 3...
    Battlefield 3 was the first of the series to come 'changeable', where it's creators could make(seemingly necessary as they'll claim)changes to the game during the course of it's 'life'...
    Playing Battlefield 3 made me realize These Guys Don't Like Me(etc - as seen on my Battlelog profile) - y-know, like how lots of players For No Good Reason dislike snipers &, 'campers?' ('camper' being a new version of the 'N' word in my not at all humble opinion)
    In Battlefield 3, the ability of the Recon class to remotely call a mortar strikes - a tactic of mine, executed simultaneously as I planted charges in Bad Company 2 - was gone... Mortars alone could be used at a time, & they were given to the Support class who were extremely vulnerable as they used them in their now 'nerfed' state... & not only did they eliminate the ability for players to destroy objectives with rockets(another thing I was good\smart at in Bad Company), they increased the size of the Radio Beacon from it's original state in the Beta, so that it could not be hidden in the bush like I(alone - I'm certain)hid mine...
    By the way - I Am A Master At Placing\Using The Radio Beacon - see the pattern?
    Now I Know, they'll try to hide behind their Beta rules & say it's their right to make such a change - which may be true - but was that necessary? How does that change improve the game? Where was the fault in that? Betas are primarily used for testing server load & optimizing the settings of same for smooth game play - to identify & sort out glytches etc - not to modify the game against stealthy play - or am I missing something?
    Anyways, I accepted it - yet aother 'adjustment' of a Battlefield game, against my......brilliance - excuse me - against my style of play...
    Now we're in the(supposedly)completed Battlefield 3 game... I'm spawning as Recon, strategicly placing my Radio Beacon & T-UGS & when I get fragged, respawning as either an Engineer or as Support depending on the game mode(I adapt, a lot)& havin' a good time...
    Guess what - they changed the game, so that I could no longer respawn on my own Radio Beacon with it remaining & me using another class, because it, AND my T-UGS now expired when I respawned... I was forced to adapt AGAIN &......wait, where did those guys come from? Where did that come from? ......on top of that, they added a staircase to a structure on the Gulf Of Oman map where I used to dominate in Squad Deathmatch...
    Imagine that... They altered a structure on a map against my playstyle... Nothing wrong with the map - it was not a glitch or fault or problem - they just changed it because they 'felt like it' or rather - as I came to realize - because they don't like me & wanted to kill my fun...
    [Note: These unnecessary changes were made to the Finished game whilst actual problems like the 'whilst prone, your legs would disappear into walls' glitch & the fact that one - well, at least I - could not mute other players weren't ever adressed...
    And you know there were more "f you's" with that right? Again, how convinient - I can't mute anyone & people are cursing me(but - for those who give a damn - don't worry, I adapted to that too)...]
    These guys - who OBVIOUSLY Are Monitering Me As I Play Outside Of Betas Where It's 'Normal', & Making Unnecessary Changes To The Game On What I Dare To Call A 'Hater's Whim' - actually made me regret I was smart with those game changes(& I tweeted same)... But that would be stupid, & I Am Smart, so I acknowledged, that the problem was not my cleverness, but rather, their bad attitudes towards it...
    [NOTE: CHANGING THE RULES OF A GAME AFTER A GAME IS MADE\FINISHED & IT'S RULES SET(changing Knights to play like pawns for example)BECAUSE YOU CAN'T COPE WITH HOW ANOTHER PLAYER PLAYS AGAINST YOU(because said player keeps beating you with his Knights & you can't think of any counters)IS BAD, & REFLECTS BADLY ON YOU/YOUR MIND/YOUR ATTITUDE...]
    Anyways(yes I say that a lot), like the COD series, the 'crap' moved onto the next of their series - Battlefield 4 - the last I'll be playing of the series & 'brands' as you may have guessed...
    In Battlefield 4 they changed the reloading rules - & I reload A LOT(something they'd know from monitoring me as I play)... Reloading before a clip was empty would be at the cost of the remaining bullits - so with this new rule, I would run out of bullits quickly if I didn't adapt... [Note: The new reloading rules were mentioned before the game came out & I accepted the 'challenge'(as they'd like me to believe)...] They also altered the structure of the elevator exit on the roof near Objective C in Conquest on the Siege of Shanghai map which I did sweeps around to it's rear in the Beta... Again, no glytch, no fault, no problem, yet they altered it - you can no longer pass behind that structure... There was another surprise change made, namely changes to player movement, which negatively affected my aiming tactics, & to top things off, they removed the minimap(& it's server option)from Hardcore mode...
    [Note: Being a Master at optimizing use of the T-UGS, the minimap was of Paramount importance to me(which they knew - let's emphasize)& they removed it......Further, 'Nerfing', Me...]
    Now, I'm Being Properly\Blatantly Spited... Now I'm feeling Grief, but not from other players... & why? Because I am against Spectators & a Commander's ability to spectate me as I play(with Good reason)as well as his\her ability to designate HVTs(which IS Victimization - see definition)? Was there a problem with my protests against same on the Battlelog? Was my request for confirmation as to weather or not there would be a 'Commander\no Commander' server option(so I could cancel my preorder as the case may be & save myself $125USD\$805TTD)the cause? Or is it simply because you don't like me(probably noone of my race)& you desired to antagonize etc me? Well, it worked - & now, here we are...
    & what makes me certain of their spite etc are the facts that:
    1. It was said that there Would be a Commander\No Commander server option, before the Beta came out, but there was none when the official game was released(me, now, apparently, deceived into wasting the better part of $175USD/$1127TTD)...
    2. I didn't get the Dog Tags promised with my preorder...
    3. I was also denied access to their supposed preorder bonus replacement(I was denied access when I attempted to log into EA's code redeeming website)...
    4. I was ignored by All Parties concerned with same when I attempted to contact them about it...
    So, no preorder bonus, no preorder bonus replacement(due to denied access), no response on the Battlelog, or Twitter, or Facebook, from ALL parties concerned with same - & when I asked if the minimap would ever return to Hardcore mode, I was also\further ignored...
    All the time I'm tweeting about their game(their company etc), complementing it, promoting it etc, I'm getting responses - but all of a sudden, It's 'ignore him' time... These guys are soo spiteful, soo indecent, soo intent on 'screwing me over' they denied me the ability to keep my money(which I don't have to spare), instead of wasting it on a game which they knew I wouldn't play under such circunstances... They deceived me into spending money on their game knowing I would not be able to get a refund on the game, it's DLC etc(shipping & taxes), Even Though They Do Not Need My Money as they'd make millions otherwise...
    That clearly marked the end of me in the Battlefield series & with it's creators...
    [Note: Yes - I did ask 'certain parties' for a refund regarding my unused Premium content but they(who've made millions on their game etc)refused to issue it - <$50USD - hiding behind their self serving rules(& showing no decency)...]
    I only hope Customer Support considers my request & hence, that 'certain parties' look into providing a means for players to voice complaints against those who make games, their associates, employees, etc, as the case may be - ABUSIVE, BAD(ETC)ATTITUDES, ARE NOT LIMITED TO PLAYERS IN GAMES - THEY ARE EVERYWHERE...
    Additionally, I believe that 'certain parties'(& companies in general)should give more consideration to consumers when drawing up their mostly self serving 'terms of service' agreements - refunds, should be issued, in certain instances...
    So - anyone interested in a slightly used copy of Battlefield 4?
    Keep it positive...

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Are you serious? You think that everything done in a multi-million player game was done specifically with you in mind? Feeling a bit self-conscious aren't we?
    Furreal...I think you should just calm down..dont take multiplayer gaming so seriously...so what someone say something you don't like?
    It's a game, you are gonna piss people off...if you can't deal with that, then maybe you should only be in single player games where you don't feel so "picked on"...

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

3. Likes Malt likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Yeah with all due respect dude, people swear. It's nothing against you, maybe you're just misunderstanding the context and it's abit of a culture shock. Try not to take it personally this is the reality of online gaming after all.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have deja vu.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    $#@! you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

7. Likes Bruce Vayne, MartyRules likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    $#@! you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Aww, you're new to the world of online gaming. It can be rough for a virgin the first time. It sure was for me. My jimmies were rustled and I was so butthurt, I bled out my asshole. But hang in there, because there's always gonna be some obnoxious little $#@! of a troll online. Especially in COD! And games that have chat support enabled, with the virtual keyboard. Remember, stay safe and hit the mute button if there is one.

10. Likes Bruce Vayne likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    And sometimes the recording feature doesn't work as well as you would hope. Ive had matches that I wanted to save not record. It wasn't someone from Infinity Ward accessing and deleting my videos.

I only got half way through this post. But put away your lawyer's phone number and take off your tin foil hat. No one is out to get you.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    10/10

Good troll post.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Too $#@!ing long to read.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

14. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    People shout and swear online, I just at them! It's entertaining more than anything!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Sounds like your typical day on COD. Nothing to worry about. Just ignore them and hope for better luck in the next server.

Forum Elder
    It is a shame that there are so many of these idiots. Most people don't even use mics because of them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    It is a shame that there are so many of these idiots. Most people don't even use mics because of them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Mostly american I have noticed.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

Last edited by keefy; 01-19-2014 at 18:03.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Now thats what I call a wall of text, a wall of confusing text. Dont take seriously what people say to you online, never do so, its the best advice I can give you.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    Then don't join the BnW in any games cause then you will really get offended for $#@! sake....
    Last edited by NYFAN75; 01-20-2014 at 02:34.

Elite Sage

Grow a pair

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Mostly american I have noticed.
    Edit: in the name of fairness, when you do get a mouthy uk guy, they are almost always racist..

PSN ID
    MortisMelis
    When I play COD especially free for all.. I get the feeling everyone's out to get me too! People back stab or snipe all the time... Best learn to bite the bullet....

Enough puns?

25. Likes darky89 , -Shafty- likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I'll legitimately never understand how people will allow someone, over the internet, get them riled up and angry. IT'S THE GOT DAMN INTERNET! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! My God this world has gone to complete and utter garbage. Soft politically correct pansies. Grow a pair!

And I didn't even entertain to read that wall of bible-thick text.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Overseer
    1. You are delusional. Seek help.
    2. The world does not revolve around you. refer to #1.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Sorry to hear about your gaming misfortunes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    MortisMelis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    +1

It's amazing how many people think that these companies carry personal grudges... Bet the op also thinks his phones are tapped too....

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

Thread Information