Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Does machinima have an app on X1 or something? It makes no sense for them to do this otherwise. If MS had nothing to do with this then machinima had to have done kind of incentive to do this without MS. If they had an app available for it I could understand it. If not MS had to have a hand in it in some form or fashion.
    Yes.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Better back down, cheap asses... EA/Ronku offers between 10$-15$ CPM and up to 6 million views... I'm against this kind of practice regardless of who does it but as a gamer/dude in need of cash, I sure would want to cash in on all the action!
    Last edited by snooper71; 01-22-2014 at 04:35.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yes.
    Ok well that makes sense why they would want to promote it without MS backing.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    i don't either but i know this stuff happens all the time.

did you not listen to the entire video?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Damn. That's done crazy $#@! about the review contract clauses. All of it just sounds like a cess pool of dirty tactics.

Forum Overseer
    we all know this is just something that became public, they probably have been doing stuff like this for years...i'm sure Sony has done it too but they generally don't spend a lot on adverts.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I know but someone coming out and saying it is much different than thinking it's going on. No one has a halo over their heads for sure. Business is business and they are going to do anything to get the leg up on their competitors.

I notice it's a uk advert. I wonder how many of the reviewers didn't really notice the apparently obvious tv flicker ( I don't own an xbox so can only go off what I have read). Stupid thing to do which was always going to come out and get bad press I would think sony are doing similar or though about it but well with all the free good press that have gotten off the back of ms maybe they haven't bothered

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Better back down, cheap asses... EA/Ronku offers between 10$-15$ CPM and up to 6 million views... I'm against this kind of practice regardless of who does it but as a gamer/dude in need of cash, I sure would want to cash in on all the action!
    Yeah, Sony/MS/EA etv as;ready pay for lavish hotels for reviews etc. And while that no doubt ash affected reviews etc; I think that's less explicit than someone actually saying not to do something (i.e. be non-negative).

Still morally gray - and imo, it's only 'gray' because it's "everybody else does it" - if it weren't for that, it'd just be flat out dodgy.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    we all know this is just something that became public, they probably have been doing stuff like this for years...i'm sure Sony has done it too but they generally don't spend a lot on adverts.
    Well... since you brought up Sony:
    Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. has agreed to pay the state $326,000 for using fake reviews attributed to a Connecticut newspaper in promoting its films.http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sony-pays-for-fake-reviews/

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    F34R that was from 2002 and i'm sure they got $#@! handed to them for it just like Microsoft is.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    F34R that was from 2002 and i'm sure they got $#@! handed to them for it just like Microsoft is.
    That was just a reply, and an example. Nothing more, nothing less. Moving on.

Forum Overseer
    Well... since you brought up Sony:
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    that's why i said that they both likely do it, just that you wouldn't expect Sony to do much of it because they don't spend much on advertisement.

MS has been more controversial when it comes to advertisment since the beginning of Xbox 360.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    that's why i said that they both likely do it, just that you wouldn't expect Sony to do much of it because they don't spend much on advertisement.

MS has been more controversial when it comes to advertisment since the beginning of Xbox 360.
    Everything is controversial from each side of the fence.

Forum Overseer
    Everything is controversial from each side of the fence.
    i never said otherwise lol. which is why i'm sort of meh on this subject. i'm sure Sony did stuff back in PS2 days that we don't know about. you don't just get to the top without connections, preferential treatment or gifting etc. i'm sure it happens. we just don't hear it and it is likely either pushing the lgal boundaries or even crossing them but they know they won't get caught.

EDIT: did you see what kojima said about MGS5? he wants you to play it on the PS4 lol. seems fishy.
    Last edited by Omar; 01-22-2014 at 14:36.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I use to believe bad press affected sales due to the way the ps3 was recieved. Maybe it does a few units but MS has been getting nothing but bad press for quite a while and has sold a record number of units despite it all. Baffling..
    Didn't we see an example of that with the PS3 last last/this gen? PS went from an 150 mill to a 80 million install base while XB went from a 25 million to a 80 million install base?

And are we really that surprised that early adopters are buying any available unit of either of console at launch?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see sales plummet after the winter holidays..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Didn't we see an example of that with the PS3 last last/this gen? PS went from an 150 mill to a 80 million install base while XB went from a 25 million to a 80 million install base?

And are we really that surprised that early adopters are buying any available unit of either of console at launch?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see sales plummet after the winter holidays..
    i would be highly surprised if they did plummet. the X1 will likely gradually slow to a certain point but i think the PS4 will either go up or it might also gradually slow to a certain point (but a much higher point) in WW terms at least.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Well, the Japan launch will probably make up for the PS4s WW sales. We'll see how the Xb fares after the holidays.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Well, the Japan launch will probably make up for the PS4s WW sales. We'll see how the Xb fares after the holidays.
    to not be PC, i think people are going to be eating some humble pie once the holiday craze is over. the x1 likely doesn't have the hardcore support that it needs in order to get their hardware cheaper so that it is cheap enough for the casuals, which is their target anyway.

it's the perfect example of catch 22.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    That's a reference I need too look up lol

Edit: "Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle."

*whistle*

Edit 2: I'm not afraid to be taught something new once in a while. In the course of the last decade and the dawn of social media, I've felt that intellectual conversation has been put more and more on the back burner. Rep+
    Last edited by K2D; 01-22-2014 at 15:42.

21. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    i never said otherwise lol. which is why i'm sort of meh on this subject. i'm sure Sony did stuff back in PS2 days that we don't know about. you don't just get to the top without connections, preferential treatment or gifting etc. i'm sure it happens. we just don't hear it and it is likely either pushing the lgal boundaries or even crossing them but they know they won't get caught.

EDIT: did you see what kojima said about MGS5? he wants you to play it on the PS4 lol. seems fishy.
    he said 8th gen consoles i.e ps4 and x1 I believe, not ps4 specifically but who knows right?

Forum Overseer
    “At the end of next month PS4, the long awaited next generation console will be released in Japan. Ground Zeroes will also be released at the end of the month after that. Ground Zeroes will also be launch on current generation consoles, but I want you to play on PS4 if possible," said Kojima-san.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I'd never sell out....

25. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I'd never sell out....

Reminded me of this

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Yeah, Sony/MS/EA etv as;ready pay for lavish hotels for reviews etc. And while that no doubt ash affected reviews etc; I think that's less explicit than someone actually saying not to do something (i.e. be non-negative).

Still morally gray - and imo, it's only 'gray' because it's "everybody else does it" - if it weren't for that, it'd just be flat out dodgy.
    There is difference between get this for free and review it however you like and I give you this money and you cannot write negative things about us. And make sure you are completely partial and dont let anyone know we paid you to not say negative thing.

Thread Information