Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    ...and while i was in there i put in an 1800mah battery too.
    Yeah does look fairly good tbf. Where did you get your up-rated battery from please? I do find the stock one runs out a bit too frequently for my liking. On a weekend session i have to plug it in to re-charge at least once. Longer life battery would be a good mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    I use KontrolFreek (Ultra). Takes a while to get used to, but after you do they are great, imo. I think it would feel really wierd to play without them now. But these are extenders, not just covers, they make your analog sticks about double the height. The thing I like the most with these is that you can be really fast (play with high sensitivity) and still be able to make smaller more precise movements than you could without them on (with lower sensitivity).
    Thanks Libra. I always wondered how some seemed lightening quick to turn and shoot me in BF4, guess that's probably one reason, up the sensitivity. Looking forward to having a play around with them and see how i get on. Not planning much FPS gaming in near future tbh, still after TLoU multiplayer trophy's though so may come in handy on the multplayer.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorCynik_ View Post
    Thanks Libra. I always wondered how some seemed lightening quick to turn and shoot me in BF4, guess that's probably one reason, up the sensitivity. Looking forward to having a play around with them and see how i get on. Not planning much FPS gaming in near future tbh, still after TLoU multiplayer trophy's though so may come in handy on the multplayer.
    Yeah, they are most likely using some kind of extenders (like KFs), if they can turn really fast on you. Before I got mine I played BF4 at sensitivity 40, now play at 70.

3. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    gonna be honest, no such thing as "turning around quickly and shooting me". my sensitivity is 15%, my KDR is more or less 2.0...that is when i'm not trying to survive but taking objectives. otherwise i'd think it was at least 4. i don't have people that turn around and kill me unless i messed up. i also don't turn around quick enough (15% sensitivity) and i still turn around and kill people. it's nothing special.

PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    gonna be honest, no such thing as "turning around quickly and shooting me". my sensitivity is 15%, my KDR is more or less 2.0...that is when i'm not trying to survive but taking objectives. otherwise i'd think it was at least 4. i don't have people that turn around and kill me unless i messed up. i also don't turn around quick enough (15% sensitivity) and i still turn around and kill people. it's nothing special.
    Maybe there's no such thing to you but by the look of those stats you're a lot better than me so you wouldn't think like that My KDR never got above 1.1. I was happy enough when moving from BF3 to BF4 that i managed to get my KDR above 1! It's pretty unforgiving game though, slightest mistake and you're the holiest of swiss cheeses.

I'm not looking to improve my gameplay tbh, if that happens then great. To tell you the truth i've deleted BF4 now anyway, going to trade it in asap, not finding the fun anymore just grind grind grind.

6. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Maybe there's no such thing to you but by the look of those stats you're a lot better than me so you wouldn't think like that My KDR never got above 1.1. I was happy enough when moving from BF3 to BF4 that i managed to get my KDR above 1! It's pretty unforgiving game though, slightest mistake and you're the holiest of swiss cheeses.

I'm not looking to improve my gameplay tbh, if that happens then great. To tell you the truth i've deleted BF4 now anyway, going to trade it in asap, not finding the fun anymore just grind grind grind.
    Oh I didn’t mean to say that I was badass and you guys sucked lol. My point was to show that I turn very slow in the game and yet I have gotten plenty of people trying to kill me, where I turn around and shoot them back quickly.

And you’re spot on about the game being unforgiving because it really is very unforgiving. Your aim can mess up with the slightest changes (strafing even sometimes) and if you lose control of your burst, you’re practically shooting blanks (which is where people think it’s the hit detection issue when it’s not).
    What my point was that playing the game myself, being a low look speed/sensitivity user, I can safely say that it’s everything to do with how you handled your weapon, I have yet to notice anything where I felt that the other guy turned around too quickly and shot me.

I have also messed up plenty of times where the person turns around and shoots me. So many times where I thought I was hitting the guy first but I died first…at the same time, I’ve done the same and so being a user with low look speed, this pretty much shows that it’s not to do with special devices but more like the nature of the game where things can become random/luck.

So don’t feel bad if you feel like a newb because even though I feel like I know the game inside out, if I’m not playing with some sort of defensive manner, it’s very easy to have a 1.0 KDR. At the same time, I’ve seen people get 50 kills and 0 deaths…that’s not impossible, generally these people have a vehicle of some sort, it’s not hard to get a high KDR in BF, it’s just that you’d have to play a very specific way and that’s not fun. I like to be in the middle of the chaos and save lives, goddamn, I’m saving lives out there!

So don’t feel bad about a 1.1KDR, that’s great. It’s more important to do things that help your team win rather than sitting in a corner waiting for someone to come by so you can kill them.

yeah I know what you mean about the grind, I’m not playing much of it either even though new DLC has come out.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Happens to me all the time that people turn around and shoot me, and it was even more frequently before I got the KFs. I don't know if I just have really bad luck (with delay and/or hit detection) or if I just suck at the game. For example, I can start shooting someone from behind at close range and they quite often manage to turn around and kill me. But I play the objective really hard and don't really care about KD.

How much do you play BF4? I only play a couple of hours (2-3) a week tops.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Yeah does look fairly good tbf. Where did you get your up-rated battery from please? I do find the stock one runs out a bit too frequently for my liking. On a weekend session i have to plug it in to re-charge at least once. Longer life battery would be a good mod.
    I've only had the battery in about a week. It definitely lasts longer only time will tell if they hold up for the long run though because they are very cheap. They are ds3 replacement batteries and are slightly longer than stock so very minor trimming on the battery tray is necessary. Anyway this is where I got mine. Idk if better ones are out there. http://www.amazon.com/eForCity®-1800...ds=PS3+battery

10. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    PSN ID
    M4jorCyn1k
    Oh I didn’t mean to say that I was badass and you guys sucked lol...

yeah I know what you mean about the grind, I’m not playing much of it either even though new DLC has come out.
    That's cool Omar, i know i kinda suck at it Was more bout the fun with friends that i enjoyed but my main gaming mate is going Destiny soon (which i'm not) and i'm sure he'll never bother with BF after that. No worries though, like you say about the new DLC, I got turned off around the time that came out. Have had TLoU to keep my company recently and there's plenty more of that to be had before i'm done with it. I was more the objective chaser in BF though and Sniper class 99% of time. Even with low KDR i somehow managed to get into league 1 for sniper kills, pistol kills + knife kills so i did OK. Normally sitting in middle/upper section of scoreboard so all good by me, wore the Middle King dog tag with pride lol Anyhow, that's history, time for other games to suck at

Forum Overseer
    Happens to me all the time that people turn around and shoot me, and it was even more frequently before I got the KFs. I don't know if I just have really bad luck (with delay and/or hit detection) or if I just suck at the game. For example, I can start shooting someone from behind at close range and they quite often manage to turn around and kill me. But I play the objective really hard and don't really care about KD.

How much do you play BF4? I only play a couple of hours (2-3) a week tops.
    does it happen to you in other games?
    That's cool Omar, i know i kinda suck at it Was more bout the fun with friends that i enjoyed but my main gaming mate is going Destiny soon (which i'm not) and i'm sure he'll never bother with BF after that. No worries though, like you say about the new DLC, I got turned off around the time that came out. Have had TLoU to keep my company recently and there's plenty more of that to be had before i'm done with it. I was more the objective chaser in BF though and Sniper class 99% of time. Even with low KDR i somehow managed to get into league 1 for sniper kills, pistol kills + knife kills so i did OK. Normally sitting in middle/upper section of scoreboard so all good by me, wore the Middle King dog tag with pride lol Anyhow, that's history, time for other games to suck at
    well that's pretty good then, yeah, KDR is probably the worst way to describe a player's skill. it can be somewhat of an indication but definitely does not show the whole picture.

13. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    does it happen to you in other games?
    It's not as common as it is in BF4 at least. In Killzone I don't experience this problem at all for example. I suck at it because I almost never play it, but that's another topic, lol. In BF4 everything feels glitchy and random in a way that I have a hard time adjusting to. Probably mainly because I play it way too little. I have a good internet connection (100/10) with good ping (5ms), so that shouldn't be the problem. Might be packet loss, haven't checked that yet. But I'm finished with BF after this one, have lost most of my interest in it. I'm moving along to other options (Destiny and such) soon.

Forum Overseer
    It's not as common as it is in BF4 at least. In Killzone I don't experience this problem at all for example. I suck at it because I almost never play it, but that's another topic, lol. In BF4 everything feels glitchy and random in a way that I have a hard time adjusting to. Probably mainly because I play it way too little. I have a good internet connection (100/10) with good ping (5ms), so that shouldn't be the problem. Might be packet loss, haven't checked that yet. But I'm finished with BF after this one, have lost most of my interest in it. I'm moving along to other options (Destiny and such) soon.
    ah, i wrote a longer reply but my stupid work browser sucks.

anyway, i was going to say that i'm fairly certain that it's not your connection or your skill, it's just that the game is random like that. i think in some ways it's probably not a very polished game if you know what i mean. i'm very good at shooters and i'm very good at BF4 but there are times the game baffles me, some things just don't make sense to me how they're possible. so trust me, it's the game.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    ah, i wrote a longer reply but my stupid work browser sucks.

anyway, i was going to say that i'm fairly certain that it's not your connection or your skill, it's just that the game is random like that. i think in some ways it's probably not a very polished game if you know what i mean. i'm very good at shooters and i'm very good at BF4 but there are times the game baffles me, some things just don't make sense to me how they're possible. so trust me, it's the game.
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. BF3 was never this bad, efter the initial bug fixes, imo. BF4 feels rushed and almost like it's still a beta.

Thread Information