Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haha, it's the same all the time. People said they couldn't tell the differnece between 720p and 1080p now suddenly that a console can put out at 1080p every one can tell the difference. The same went for frame rate last generation. Now suddenly everyone and their dog can tell the difference.

Personally I think there is a big difference between two and i refuse to play games at anything less than 60fps. Hell, most the time i try to make my games run between 90-120fps assuming i have the grunt to do so. This is why I can't wait for 120Hz G-Sync. Going to make everything that much smoother.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Can't wait for the df performance comparison.

Superior Member
    semttulohgsnw.jpg

the gaf thread has become a goldmine for this stuff lol

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    wow. lol

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Can't wait for the df performance comparison.
    what are you expecting other than the PS4 (or even X1) dropping a few frames?

or do you mean to say that X1 is likely not 30fps and closer to 60fps and this is all rumors...is it all rumors? i'm not sure. i'm just going by whatever people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Haha, it's the same all the time. People said they couldn't tell the differnece between 720p and 1080p now suddenly that a console can put out at 1080p every one can tell the difference. The same went for frame rate last generation. Now suddenly everyone and their dog can tell the difference.
    there are genuine reasons for it I think. 1) TVs have gotten a lot bigger. 2) console users are mostly casuals so they still can't tell the difference. 3) i can see why fps would be difficult as i described earlier. most mainstream console gamers don't have much to compare it with. 30fps can confuse you into thinking it's the highest a game can go if done well (UC series for exmaple).

all of these things need better perspective.
    Personally I think there is a big difference between two and i refuse to play games at anything less than 60fps. Hell, most the time i try to make my games run between 90-120fps assuming i have the grunt to do so. This is why I can't wait for 120Hz G-Sync. Going to make everything that much smoother.
    i don't have a huge problem with 30fps, in fact, i was just thinking that i would have preferred BF4 at 30fps with more details but we'll see moving forward as these weren't taking up much resources anyway or should not be. i mean they are taking resources up but they're not optimized well from the ground up.

GTA5
    it's like GTA5, do i want it to be 30fps and not have all the little details? MAYBE, i'd have to look at it, i wish it were 30fps (it's not, it's around 26-28 and still can dip at times) but what would i lose? i want to know that. because my experience with GTA5 has been amazing for a PS3 game.

I would buy this game again with big changes to online gameplay and 1080p at 60fps with same details. they got the game down well, it was an amazing experience. it just falls short in many ways it didn't need to.

would i have preferred it 60fps with a massive change in the way it was even built? probably not. why? this is the only game i know on prev gen consoles that not only has the best car damage but also has the best lighting/shadows i have ever seen.

"everything" and I mean "everything" (almost everything) has shadows. realtime shadows. even BF4 doesn't have real-time shadows on next-gen consoles.

that alone can bring such a huge difference in the way it looks. i love looking at all the tree/leaf/branch shadows, buildings making shadows, light going through making accurate dynamic shadows. it's just $#@!ing amazing. i'm still more impressed by GTA 5 than BF4 on PS4. that's a big statement.

while BF4 is almost technically better in every single way, it just falls far short of how much power it has to work with. it's very very unoptimized for a next-gen (cross-gen) title. GTA 5 is a legendary technical achievement on prev consoles, especially considering it's a multiplat game. i have no doubt that they could've added more details (better LOD) with a locked 30fps if the game was built from the ground up for the PS3 or even the 360.

they have absolutely created magic out of these machines.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what are you expecting other than the PS4 (or even X1) dropping a few frames?

or do you mean to say that X1 is likely not 30fps and closer to 60fps and this is all rumors...is it all rumors? i'm not sure. i'm just going by whatever people are saying.
    It will be interesting to see it, that's all. Not sure where the rest of that came from. Goodness.

Forum Overseer
    It will be interesting to see it, that's all. Not sure where the rest of that came from. Goodness.
    well considering you were not expecting this to happen as evidenced by our long discussions, what else would you need DF for? lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    well considering you were not expecting this to happen as evidenced by our long discussions, what else would you need DF for? lol.
    /facepalm

I'm interested in the comparison. Goodness. This doesn't have anything to do with what we discussed about the differences in the next wave of games. That'll be something we can address in the fall.

This thread is about Tomb Raider, and I'm interested in seeing the df comparison. Got it?

Forum Overseer
    /facepalm

I'm interested in the comparison. Goodness. This doesn't have anything to do with what we discussed about the differences in the next wave of games. That'll be something we can address in the fall.

This thread is about Tomb Raider, and I'm interested in seeing the df comparison. Got it?
    i don't get it. are you saying that you want to look at the DF just for the sake of interest?

10. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    i don't get it. are you saying that you want to look at the DF just for the sake of interest?
    Is that not acceptable?

Forum Overseer
    Is that not acceptable?
    short answer? nope.

13. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    short answer? nope.
    Lol Sorry. I don't think I've missed a single df comparison since they started them.

Since we "know" the frame rates are going to be pretty different in the game, seeing how they affect the game is interesting; all w/o having to rent or buy. Hope that helps.

Forum Overseer
    Lol Sorry. I don't think I've missed a single df comparison since they started them.

Since we "know" the frame rates are going to be pretty different in the game, seeing how they affect the game is interesting; all w/o having to rent or buy. Hope that helps.
    nope lol.

but yeah, i can't say if it will be a huge deal. it's not a shooter. though there is going to be more smooth controls with 60fps. that's for sure.

in a scenario where the game likely wasn't going to benefit much from extra resources, i would always go for the higher res or fps. though i don't always want 1080p at 60fps because some games would likely be more fun at 30fps because they are giving up resources to make a game that is different from the core.

that game would not be possible (by the skill of the devleopers at least or the engine) at 60fps in the state it is.

sort of like GTA 5, would rather take something close to 30fps with all the amazing $#@! they threw at us than a very different game it would've been if they had targetted 60fps. i don't think they would be able to do half the stuff they did at the lower frame rate.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    lol, all this rage on a game you won't get, couse you finished 2 times because it is awesome on 720p
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    In a game like this, 60fps vs 30fps is pointless. This is not a fast paced online FPS, or a sports game. 30fps will be just fine. Unless you are one of those people that complain that the ambers from the fire did not float by at 60fps......

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    In a game like this, 60fps vs 30fps is pointless. This is not a fast paced online FPS, or a sports game. 30fps will be just fine. Unless you are one of those people that complain that the ambers from the fire did not float by at 60fps......
    What's going to be hilarious is when it's found out that the info about the framerate from the dev was something they were able to see before they locked the frame rate @ 30fps.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    What's going to be hilarious is when it's found out that the info about the framerate from the dev was something they were able to see before they locked the frame rate @ 30fps.
    Sure.

But the argument here wasn't seen actual differences - it was console capabilities. And whether it was before or after the dev locked it, don't believe changes that.

We'll see I guess.

EDIT:
    Also wasn't this confirmed?http://thegamingadvisory.com/index.p...0fps-and-1080p
    At the 50 min mark apparently.

SCOTT AMOS (exec producer on TR:definitive)

Last edited by Admartian; 01-23-2014 at 19:55.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    lol, all this rage on a game you won't get, couse you finished 2 times because it is awesome on 720p
    it's 1080p on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    it's more than just something going by faster. it also affects your controls. again, i'd say in a situation where a higher fps can be achieved without sacrificing game design or for some (like myself) resolution, then it can be a fairly big icing on the cake.

any game would benefit from it, some do more than others. for me, i would never choose 30fps over 60fps if everything else was the same.
    see i knew something was up lol. no, you can't tell the difference between 60 and 30 on the web unless the video went up to 60fps. most do not. i hope i'm understanding you here. you're saying that people are going to now notice the differences after having found this information.

so i assume you must be one of those that can't tell the difference anyway?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    For a single player experience, I will always choose better graphics at 30fps over less graphics at 60fps. Thankfully the PS4 will have the best of both worlds. Although in a stealth type game, the 30fps would be just fine.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Sure.

But the argument here wasn't seen actual differences - it was console capabilities. And whether it was before or after the dev locked it, don't believe changes that.

We'll see I guess.

EDIT:
    Also wasn't this confirmed?http://thegamingadvisory.com/index.p...0fps-and-1080p
    At the 50 min mark apparently.

SCOTT AMOS (exec producer on TR:definitive)

My post was about reactions throughout the web when/if the game gets a locked 30fps. That's all. There are plenty of posts in the thread about the differences, if people can tell, etc. Read back through the thread. Almost the entire posts 21-40 are about differences, etc.
    it's 1080p on both.

it's more than just something going by faster. it also affects your controls. again, i'd say in a situation where a higher fps can be achieved without sacrificing game design or for some (like myself) resolution, then it can be a fairly big icing on the cake.

any game would benefit from it, some do more than others. for me, i would never choose 30fps over 60fps if everything else was the same.
    see i knew something was up lol. no, you can't tell the difference between 60 and 30 on the web unless the video went up to 60fps. most do not. i hope i'm understanding you here. you're saying that people are going to now notice the differences after having found this information.

so i assume you must be one of those that can't tell the difference anyway?
    Nothing is up. That post wasn't about PSU.com/forums, and yes, I can tell the difference just fine.

Forum Overseer
    My post was about reactions throughout the web when/if the game gets a locked 30fps. That's all. There are plenty of posts in the thread about the differences, if people can tell, etc. Read back through the thread. Almost the entire posts 21-40 are about differences, etc.

are you saying that fps is all of a sudden important after this news or are you saying that people did not notice this change from the videos before this news was revealed?

Forum Elder
    I highly agree with sufi on the control part. I can't play bf4 on ps3 because of it. I must be one that can see it very well because a 60fps game looks feels and plays so smooth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    They can tell the difference. I think it's just a matter of people trying not to sound bias, so they say they can't tell the difference between 30 - 60fps.
    i can't tell the difference and i'll tell you now. i'll be buying multi-plats for the system that gives the best version and if the interwebs say PS4 offers the better fps, thats the one i'll get (other conditions aside).

f$%k trying not to be biased. its about the games. not the frigging badge on the box.

Forum Overseer
    @chris. you are correct about BF4 on PS3 but that also is because BF4 on prev gen consoles goes well below 30fps and has input lag to begin with.

basically, yes, the controls will be smoother on the PS4 version of TR but it's not going to be as large as you saw going from BF4 (PS3) to BF4 (X1/PS4) but it will be there.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Haha, it's the same all the time. People said they couldn't tell the differnece between 720p and 1080p now suddenly that a console can put out at 1080p every one can tell the difference.

I think this is a bit different though because there is another factor involved when it comes to resolution, and that is picture quality. You can buy bluray movies with crappy picture quality but it's still playing in a 1080p resolution. In this case a person can say they don't see a difference because the picture quality is in the way. If you have a good picture quality with good resolution it makes it that much better.

TV shows like Conan O Brien were recorded natively 720p I believe but the picture quality was outstanding, so much so that it was crystal clear. Now if people are seeing picture quality of that magnetude, it's no wonder why people say they don't see a difference between 720p & 1080p. If it was native 1080p, you would still see that difference. Spiderman III in 1080p is completely insane the picture is so clear. The picture quality and the resolution basically have to compliment eachother to notice differences between different resolutions.

Thread Information