Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I think this is a bit different though because there is another factor involved when it comes to resolution, and that is picture quality. You can buy bluray movies with crappy picture quality but it's still playing in a 1080p resolution. In this case a person can say they don't see a difference because the picture quality is in the way. If you have a good picture quality with good resolution it makes it that much better.

TV shows like Conan O Brien were recorded natively 720p I believe but the picture quality was outstanding, so much so that it was crystal clear. Now if people are seeing picture quality of that magnetude, it's no wonder why people say they don't see a difference between 720p & 1080p. If it was native 1080p, you would still see that difference. Spiderman III in 1080p is completely insane the picture is so clear. The picture quality and the resolution basically have to compliment eachother to notice differences between different resolutions.
    the problem there would be that people that can't tell the difference, probably have not seen a movie in a perfect 1080p set up.

Elite Sage
    I was actually talking about gaming where it is easier to spot, for me personally

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i can't tell the difference and i'll tell you now. i'll be buying multi-plats for the system that gives the best version and if the interwebs say PS4 offers the better fps, thats the one i'll get (other conditions aside).

f$%k trying not to be biased. its about the games. not the frigging badge on the box.
    You see the difference, not graphically but in case of physics with screen movement, you would see the difference. You can't tell me otherwise, I know you are telling porky pies now. There is a reason for your justification, I don't know it yet, but there is a reason for why you are saying this.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I was actually talking about gaming where it is easier to spot, for me personally
    it's definitely easier to spot in video games i agree. i have sometimes struggled with older movies with 720p vs 1080p. maybe i'm not seeing the true signals, could be.

with games, you are always looking at the native signal so it's easier to see the differences.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's definitely easier to spot in video games i agree. i have sometimes struggled with older movies with 720p vs 1080p. maybe i'm not seeing the true signals, could be.

with games, you are always looking at the native signal so it's easier to see the differences.
    Yeah sometimes I find movies are a bit harder to tell. Games stick out very easily though from 720, 900, 1080 and 1440p

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    With games you are concentrating more on what's in front of you, trying to find an object in an RPG, fight 1v1 in street fighter, shoot baddies in COD, so you are looking hard at the screen to see every movement, whereas a movie you sit back relax and enjoy.

Forum Overseer
    well also movies naturally have low jaggies because those images don't consist of polygons. so another way we check for resolution differences is jaggies and rough edges.

Forum Elder
    Just talked to gamestop. They are selling tomb raider tomorrow.

The street date has been lifted.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member

Tomb Raider Definitive Version Less Definitive on Xbox One

http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/exc...ates-revealed/

There seems to be performance gap. I rather have the power gap manifest in 60 to 30 fps than lets say 1080P vs 720/900P. Or gap manifesting in texture, lighting differences.

I think 30 fps to 60 fps would be far less noticeable than above things I have mentioned. For a slow moving game like this, 60fps is not mandatory anyways.

Trouble really begins, if a dev decides to really push the hardwares.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Merged threads FYI.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member

oh. Thanks

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Just talked to gamestop. They are selling tomb raider tomorrow.

The street date has been lifted.

For real? I thought the release date is 28th?

Forum Elder
    Yep. There's a guy playing on twitch now. PS4 version

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    At the end of the day , why are you all getting so worked up about about a game that you can already play on a 360/ps3 and wont take that long to complete?

I enjoyed it on my 360, but i aint shelling 50 for the same game with some shine!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    At the end of the day , why are you all getting so worked up about about a game that you can already play on a 360/ps3 and wont take that long to complete?

I enjoyed it on my 360, but i aint shelling 50 for the same game with some shine!!
    I think the argument is that since it's simply that (a last gen) game neither console should be struggling. Mind you, it is a little bit more than that - upgraded textures, added effects (to which either 360 or PS3 couldn't handle) etc - but the point stands.

At least that's what I gather or perceive.

Me? I'm with you in a way. I'm not getting this game on PS4 a launch, but I will get it on discount down the road, as it was in my top 3 of 2013.

16. Likes Malt, 33x likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

My willy is bigger than yours

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Just read on IGN that two different studios worked on the PS4 and XB1 ports. I'll find the link...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...different-devs

Nixies Software did PS4 and United Front Games did XB1. Interesting strategy.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-24-2014 at 11:27.

In my opinion, 60 dollars for this game is an absolute joke and a scam. Serisouly how can anyone be fine for paying full price for a game with slightly better graphics and THATS IT!!!! Ican understand those that havent bought it yet but you can get it for like 10 -20 dollars on the 360 and ps3 and save yourself 40 bucks and use it to buy another upcoming game. Also the x1 version is reportely 30fps or something like that so what are we (myself) XBOX ONE owners getting for it? better textures in 1080p GTFO, aboustely agree with Review Tech USA repsonse to this........ RANT OVER

Elite Sage
    I think it is aimed at those that didn't play it on the previous consoles. You'd have to a very big fan to buy it on 2 platforms when the other one only released last year.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSmile64 View Post
    In my opinion, 60 dollars for this game is an absolute joke and a scam. Serisouly how can anyone be fine for paying full price for a game with slightly better graphics and THATS IT!!!! Ican understand those that havent bought it yet but you can get it for like 10 -20 dollars on the 360 and ps3 and save yourself 40 bucks and use it to buy another upcoming game. Also the x1 version is reportely 30fps or something like that so what are we (myself) XBOX ONE owners getting for it? better textures in 1080p GTFO, aboustely agree with Review Tech USA repsonse to this........ RANT OVER
    I guess they think the price is ok because it includes all the DLC as well.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Regardless of 30 or 60fps - you'd best be waiting to get it on discount even if you are a fan.

However, haven't played it/finished it? Id' say it's totally worth it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Regardless of 30 or 60fps - you'd best be waiting to get it on discount even if you are a fan. However, haven't played it/finished it? Id' say it's totally worth it.
    Yep, I only rented it on PS3 and was less than halfway through it so I may pick this one up for PS4. I watched a guy playing the PS4 version on live from PS (twitch) and it looked pretty awesome.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-24-2014 at 12:35.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    I think the argument is that since it's simply that (a last gen) game neither console should be struggling. Mind you, it is a little bit more than that - upgraded textures, added effects (to which either 360 or PS3 couldn't handle) etc - but the point stands.

At least that's what I gather or perceive.

Me? I'm with you in a way. I'm not getting this game on PS4 a launch, but I will get it on discount down the road, as it was in my top 3 of 2013.
    There you go!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    My willy is bigger than yours
    $#@!ing isnt and pc gaming can DUSS and SPLURT

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Sage

Rumor: Tomb Raider Definitive: PS4 ~60FPS - XB1 ~ 30FPS -both 1080p

I was agreeing with you I didn't even mention PC gaming! I've learned not everyone appreciates being told how much better PC gaming is (And how wrong everyone else is for thinking otherwise ) so I keep that talk for the PC section now.

But yeah. TR isn't the best example to show the difference in power between the platforms. We know the gap is there, I want to see the gap shown on built up games not rehashes of last gen games with current gen features added.
    Last edited by BBK..; 01-24-2014 at 12:50.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I can understand those that havent bought it yet but you can get it for like 10 -20 dollars on the 360 and ps3 and save yourself 40 bucks and use it to buy another upcoming game.
    If you hadn't played Halo 4 on the 360 and MS rereleased it with better textures and graphics for XB1, would you pay €20 for the inferior version or €60 for the definitive version?

People always hate on these games because THEY have already played it and it has no value to them but for someone who hasn't played it, it's a no brainer, especially Tomb Raider which was quite a few people's/site's GOTY.

27. Likes Malt, mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information