Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Once both companies have shipped to all territories is when we can truly know how good or bad the numbers are. PS4 has not released in Japan yet. XB1 has lots of countries it has not released to as well. With that said, however, on paper it only looks like Sony will pad the lead since Japan is a major market for them and only a small blip on the radar for Microsoft.
    I don't think at any time during this new gen will Xbox One "out sell" the PS4 world wide.

PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't think at any time during this new gen will Xbox One "out sell" the PS4 world wide.
    Well, after a bad start with the Xbox One, its no wonder why Microsoft fell behind this Generation. The reason why the PS4 is selling like hotcakes is because of what happened at E3'13. Yes, Microsoft did the "180" and removed all restrictions, but there are some people who still don't trust Microsoft, even if they removed the restrictions. The Xbox One costs about $500 and not many people are willing to pay that much just for a Console. Sony realized this mistake when they sold the PS3 for $600. Also, can somebody tell me why the Kinect is required to USE the Xbox One?

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Neither do I. The best Xbox can hope for is to regain control over the US and some other western markets. But even in those areas, X1 will be doing well to stay neck and neck with PS4 considering the price gap. But they have a couple of aces to play with Titanfall and Halo. And I am still not convinced that Kinect will be a permanent fixture in X1 SKUs this gen. Eliminate the price difference and it is a whole new ballgame.

We are going to see a lot of cards laid down on the table this E3. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Well, after a bad start with the Xbox One, its no wonder why Microsoft fell behind this Generation. The reason why the PS4 is selling like hotcakes is because of what happened at E3'13. Yes, Microsoft did the "180" and removed all restrictions, but there are some people who still don't trust Microsoft, even if they removed the restrictions. The Xbox One costs about $500 and not many people are willing to pay that much just for a Console. Sony realized this mistake when they sold the PS3 for $600. Also, can somebody tell me why the Kinect is required to USE the Xbox One?
    I don't think it is.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

4. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    To be honest, I hope both consoles do well this generation, better for the industry to be gaming on the "other" console then gaming on a Mobile platform...

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    To be honest, I hope both consoles do well this generation, better for the industry to be gaming on the "other" console then gaming on a Mobile platform...
    I like gaming on just about every platform available lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Kinect is not required to use the X1. MS is just passing the cost of the camera onto their customers.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    4.2 is it....thats all folks.....

3.9 vs 4.2 official from both companies now.

Well.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/fina...q3_sonypre.pdf
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

^ WOW i looked on VGCHARTZ and i saw that the ps4 had nearly sold 5 million, based on that article is the ps4 being massively overtracked?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSmile64 View Post
    ^ WOW i looked on VGCHARTZ and i saw that the ps4 had nearly sold 5 million, based on that article is the ps4 being massively overtracked?
    VGchartz are just predicting, these figures are official up to the 31st Dec.
    Since then? Who knows.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    VGchartz are just predicting, these figures are official up to the 31st Dec.
    Since then? Who knows.
    True that, well based on VGCHARTZ estimations for the Xbox One Europe sales, things are not looking to good there in comparision with ps4. Hopefully they can improve over the coming months

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sony is in the lead. Will it stay that way? I'm thinking the gap will increase... by how much? Hard to say. I'm going to guess by a million once it's out in Japan.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    4.2 is it....thats all folks.....

3.9 vs 4.2 official from both companies now.

Well.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/fina...q3_sonypre.pdf
    Was someone expecting that 4.2 number to change?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Was someone expecting that 4.2 number to change?
    I thought it was going to be a little higher since the report of the 4.2 came out before Dec ended.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Theres little chance Xbox one will reach PS4 or even keep up. They simply won't carry the same level of exclusives unless they buy them out and regular third party games will always run worse.

The Wii to me is a non-contender at this point, those into Nintendo games likely has one, with a few that will pick one up when it reaches rock bottom prices.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Theres little chance Xbox one will reach PS4 or even keep up. They simply won't carry the same level of exclusives unless they buy them out and regular third party games will always run worse.

The Wii to me is a non-contender at this point, those into Nintendo games likely has one, with a few that will pick one up when it reaches rock bottom prices.
    Yeah, Wii U isn't even a competitor in the sales war.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I thought it was going to be a little higher since the report of the 4.2 came out before Dec ended.
    that's still as of Dec though. the Sony report saying "6 weeks since launch".

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    that's still as of Dec though. the Sony report saying "6 weeks since launch".
    Oh I know.. just sayin'. A week before Dec ended, 4.2 was released. I figured the FULL month of Dec. would make it a little bit more than 4.2. It's like they didn't report any sales for the last week of Dec. The only thing that means is that they didn't ship any systems to retail for the last week of 2013.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Wait for the end of march, they will likely post a minimum 5million sales figure with 6.5million WW sales being my guess.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Oh I know.. just sayin'. A week before Dec ended, 4.2 was released. I figured the FULL month of Dec. would make it a little bit more than 4.2. It's like they didn't report any sales for the last week of Dec. The only thing that means is that they didn't ship any systems to retail for the last week of 2013.
    probably the supply constraint for that week

PSU Technical Manager
    huh? I saw that number reported the first week of January. Where was it reported prior to January?

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    huh? I saw that number reported the first week of January. Where was it reported prior to January?
    There was an article with the 4.2 in December. I'll have to go and find it again.

Extreme Poster
    so both of these numbers are from the same interval?

we need two comparisons. one where it's showing both sales at the same time. one that shows the number of days both have been out for.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so both of these numbers are from the same interval?

we need two comparisons. one where it's showing both sales at the same time. one that shows the number of days both have been out for.
    Well, yes. They are quarterly reports from 2013. Since the launch was in the same month through December.... well, no much else to figure out here.

Just look at the first do***ent in the pdf lol.
    Q3 FY 2013 Consolidated Financial Results
    (Three months ended December 31, 2013
    Last edited by F34R; 02-06-2014 at 15:26.

Extreme Poster
    so nothing new then but confirmed. does this confirm that X1s were all sold? does it refute those articles that were talking about the 900k left on shelves or was that not substantiated anyway.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so nothing new then but confirmed. does this confirm that X1s were all sold? does it refute those articles that were talking about the 900k left on shelves or was that not substantiated anyway.
    That was all bs. We go through it every single month it seems, over the past 5 years lol. Sony reports how many are sold to retail, same as MS. That's all it is. Neither of the two have any clue as to what is sold from store to customers. Does Sony know that there were three PS4 systems in Wal Mart in a small city? Does Msoft know they had 5 XB1's there?

C'mon.

This is the report:
    The company sold 7.4 million Xbox console units into the retail channel, including 3.9 million Xbox One consoles and 3.5 million Xbox 360 consoles.
    That is all you need. The other crap came from Microsoft reporting that they SOLD OVER 3 MILLION. That was blown way out of proportion and some PR guy says something that doesn't make any sense at all. Then that was taken for what people wanted it to be taken as. Microsoft never reported they had 3.9 million sold to retail and only 3 million sold to customers. It just didn't happen.

So...

3.9 Msoft
    4.2 Sony

done.

27. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information