Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim

Rumor: PS4 Version of Final Fantasy XIV Being Adjusted Towards 60 FPS at 1080p

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/...-fps-at-1080p/

In a recent interview, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Director Naoki Yoshida mentioned that the PS4 version of the game would run at 30 frames per second in order to display as many characters as possible, but things may be changing.
    Today the PS4 version of the game is playable at the “Full Active Time Event in Osaka” fan gathering that will culminate in the latest Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, and attendees are reporting that a switch towards 60 FPS.
    Still thinking whether I will get into it. MMOs are such investment of time and some money

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    If you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series then you should absolutely get into this game. At the very least get it and try the one month trial. It is a beautifully realised FF world with many throwbacks to the past titles, and is already a solid experience. I find the return of more traditional roles nice, like the bard, dragoon etc etc as opposed to these new flashy CGI wannabe emo types of the past few single player FF games.

Yeah it's €10 a month but that's akin to 2 retail games a year and I have gotten way more mileage out of FFXIV than just about all the €60 retail games I have (bar Fallout 3, Skyrim and a few others ) and unlike those games, the time you invest will persistently stick with you as the game grows and evolves over time.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series then you should absolutely get into this game. At the very least get it and try the one month trial. It is a beautifully realised FF world with many throwbacks to the past titles, and is already a solid experience. I find the return of more traditional roles nice, like the bard, dragoon etc etc as opposed to these new flashy CGI wannabe emo types of the past few single player FF games.

Yeah it's €10 a month but that's akin to 2 retail games a year and I have gotten way more mileage out of FFXIV than just about all the €60 retail games I have (bar Fallout 3, Skyrim and a few others ) and unlike those games, the time you invest will persistently stick with you as the game grows and evolves over time.
    Sounds enticing! However, the problem for me is not really money, but more about time -- with work and family and other responsibilities :/

I'll consider it though.

Veteran
    When is this coming out?

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    14th of April.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Sounds enticing! However, the problem for me is not really money, but more about time -- with work and family and other responsibilities :/

I'll consider it though.
    you don't have to worry about work, family or other responsibilities. they won't exist once you're into an MMO.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you don't have to worry about work, family or other responsibilities. they won't exist once you're into an MMO.
    It's scary what some video games can do to a person , isn't it?

Forum Overseer

yup. i've seen two divorces of people on SOCOM myself, and have heard numerous accounts of people splitting up due to guys spending too much time on games.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    OH and Ghost - the dragoon is on Lightning Returns as well!!!!!

BUt yeah, this is worth playing at least the free month. But say goodbye to your social life - either that or level quite slowly like me.

Thread Information