Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    they redid the console versions. Lara looks better on next-gen consoles.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    This is a good comparison vid by IGN

Nice. Wish they would focus on a couple of consoles at a time though. Jumping around between 5 platforms.....hard to focus on the graphics while keeping up with which version I'm looking at.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Nice. Wish they would focus on a couple of consoles at a time though. Jumping around between 5 platforms.....hard to focus on the graphics while keeping up with which version I'm looking at.
    i would say the same to the developers as well lol.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    There is that mysterious haze again on the PS4 version now. Why do they keep on turning the gamma up on the Playstation version of games. They did it with PS3 and now with PS4. The PC version even has over gamma'd visuals. They are setting those up on purpose. I hate comparisons when they do that.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    There is that mysterious haze again on the PS4 version now. Why do they keep on turning the gamma up on the Playstation version of games. They did it with PS3 and now with PS4. The PC version even has over gamma'd visuals. They are setting those up on purpose. I hate comparisons when they do that.
    PS4 looks similar to the PC. Its probably the XB that is adjusting the gamma.

personally, i prefer the PS4 gamma levels. The blacks get silly on the XB at times.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    i have never tested this out myself as i've never owned an xbox console but i would not think that was incorrect or anything because i have seen just about every comparison that way, they all can't be doing that.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Looked at a lot of HD image comparisons- Xbox One is having some serious problems with this game outside of framerate. It's missing DOF in many instances or using a really cheap alternative, textures are blurrier in many places..
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Looked at a lot of HD image comparisons- Xbox One is having some serious problems with this game outside of framerate. It's missing DOF in many instances or using a really cheap alternative, textures are blurrier in many places..
    noticed the lack of DoF on the XB1 version in the vid Lethal posted too.

However, this was ported by two different studios. there will probably be the odd missing effect here, and funky texture there.

Omission of proper DoF was absent in NFS too.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Saw this on another forum, the game in general doesn't look as good IMO neither framerate aside:

Wonder how it would have turned out if the same dev did the port

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Saw this on another forum, the game in general doesn't look as good IMO neither framerate aside: Wonder how it would have turned out if the same dev did the port
    Actually I read that the dev who did the PS4 version helped the other dev with the X1 version. So in a way the X1 version was a joint effort. So I think the result still would've been the same. Dont see how anyone can honestly think the spec difference between the two consoles wouldnt have an effect on multiplatform games.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Hahaha..! All the recent comparisons have really put me off this game now. Think I'll have to wait till it all dies down

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    This is a good comparison vid by IGN

Am I the only one that feels that the original PC look (face only, not hair etc.) looks better than the Xb/PS4 counterpart?

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    ^yes. unless you mean to talk about the art direction and not the technical side. in which case, it's subjective so i can't disagree there. the new lara is more goth.

13. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Courtesy of ElTorro via Gaf:

Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

15. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster

the ending could've been slightly better but the better part of the gif made me almost laugh out loud at my work.

especially when he cuts off his first arm and the other guy claims it's fine lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I saw on N4G that DF has released their face off. Looks like the PS4 version has the leg up in graphical effects as well as performance.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-29-2014 at 18:17.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    LMAO! Sounds like some of the Xbox fans on this forum in the comparison threads.

Extreme Poster
    the rumored 8% should be able to at least take care of the graphical differences in multiplat games moving forward. though i'm skeptical if and how that's possible. kinect integration is as important to MS as keeping it bundled. if they take out the reserved resources, i don't know how they will be able to track people at all times (for various profitable reasons). they might as well not bundle if they take that out. so we'll see how that turns out.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    the rumored 8% should be able to at least take care of the graphical differences in multiplat games moving forward. though i'm skeptical if and how that's possible. kinect integration is as important to MS as keeping it bundled. if they take out the reserved resources, i don't know how they will be able to track people at all times (for various profitable reasons). they might as well not bundle if they take that out. so we'll see how that turns out.
    I dont think that 8% is going to magically bring parity for the weaker hardware. And its not like the PS4 hardware tools arent going to move any further forward.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I dont think that 8% is going to magically bring parity for the weaker hardware. And its not like the PS4 hardware tools arent going to move any further forward.
    it's not. but the smaller differences like we saw in TR, I supposed those can either be eliminated or negated for the most part. 8% is a lot of resources considering how much resources the X1 would already has.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's not. but the smaller differences like we saw in TR, I supposed those can either be eliminated or negated for the most part. 8% is a lot of resources considering how much resources the X1 would already has.
    Again that argument operatesunder the assumption that the PS4 hardware wont be moving forward any further with tools, optimization, etc. This whole 8% thing is just MS PR reassuring their more gullible fans that this will be the magic pill that will make everything equal. I doubt we'll see anything significantly different as a result.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Again that argument operatesunder the assumption that the PS4 hardware wont be moving forward any further with tools, optimization, etc. This whole 8% thing is just MS PR reassuring their more gullible fans that this will be the magic pill that will make everything equal. I doubt we'll see anything significantly different as a result.
    it's not going to be anywhere equal for sure. and we won't notice this change much because these are two different scenarios with partial changes.

but games like these (that aren't necessarily pushing the hardware far but are for the time being i guess), basically not winning any awards for it (next-gen awards mind you), will likely have more parity than without 8%. how much? it depends on the developer of course and how easy/difficult the console is to develop for.

are we going to see an 8% increase in game quality? (everything else relatively the same) probably not. again, people should not confuse this 8% increase with the "normal increase" games will receive moving forward, i think this is what's confusing people.

The X1 games will look immensely better than their previous counterparts moving forward, just like they will on the PS4. that's not going to change, that's not what i'm talking about here. just a disclaimer. i'm speaking about the relative change.

the 8% increase, say in TR's case, could've given a more solid FPS, likely would've had all the effects/details that are either degraded or missing. though how much of this would've been better, i don't know, that all depends on how easy it was for the developers to go and get all of the 8% resources. just like PS4's -additional- resources are likely not being used completely yet, they are likely not easy to extract. the same goes for X1, i'm sure it will improve better post software/driver issues.

none of that is going to bring an absolute parity but if the 8% is given back, it will definitely bring more of it. we will still likely see the resolution/fps differences. moving forward, we may still see graphical differences as well. but the X1 could use some of those resources...like that gif states.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Am I the only one that feels that the original PC look (face only, not hair etc.) looks better than the Xb/PS4 counterpart?
    I think it's the eyes. In the PS4/X1 version it looks like they lost something.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

25. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Analysis continues....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

So some of the X1 cutscenes cut to 900p?

To begin with, let's address the differences between the two versions of the Definitive Edition on offer. PlayStation 4 users get a comfortably delivered 1080p presentation backed up with a post-process FXAA solution that has minimal impact on texture quality, sporting decent coverage across the scene, bar some shimmer around more finely detailed objects. Meanwhile the situation is more interesting on the Xbox One: the anti-aliasing solution remains unchanged, but we see the inclusion of what looks like a variable resolution framebuffer in some scenes, while some cut-scenes are rendered at a locked 900p, explaining the additional blur in some of our Xbox One screenshots. Curiously, the drop in resolution doesn't seem to occur during gameplay - it's only reserved for select cinematics - suggesting that keeping performance consistent during these sequences was a priority for Xbox One developer United Front Games.
    Hmmmm, interesting stuff. Too much to copy and paste right now.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Analysis continues....http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...t-gen-face-off So some of the X1 cutscenes cut to 900p? Hmmmm, interesting stuff. Too much to copy and paste right now.
    Yeah I was surprised by that too.

Extreme Poster
    that's likely because those cutscenes may be (as they usually are nowadays) real-time, meaning using the actual processing power of the hardware and cutscenes tend to be more detailed than gameplay so it's more taxing on the hardware.

Thread Information