Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
  1. #1
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,000
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,888 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Insider: Xbox One has no hope, will lose this generation of console war to PS4

    Insider: Xbox One has no hope, will lose this generation of console war to PS4

    By Zach Epstein on Jan 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    Email @zacharye

    Gaming







    Most would agree that the console war for this generation of video game systems is far from over… but it may have been over before it even really started. According to comments made by well-known industry insider Ashan Rasheed, who goes by the name “Thuway” on Twitter and video game forum NeoGAF, Sony’s PlayStation 4 is the clear winner in this generation of video game consoles. He also says that will continue to be the case for this entire console generation according to his sources, suggesting that Microsoft did not build its Xbox One with the future in mind.
    “Xbox One will be behind all generation, and not buy [sic] some small trivial margin. It will be enough to show up distinctly in exclusives,” Rasheed wrote on Twitter, quoting one of his unnamed industry sources. He continued in a separate tweet, “The PS4 has more left in the tank that will start showing up going forward. It was designed with more forward thinking hardware choices.”
    The tweets were picked up on Monday by DualShockers.
    Rasheed also noted an instance where Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward asked Microsoft to allow the company’s title Call of Duty: Ghosts access an off-limits portion of the Xbox One’s graphics processor that would have increased performance by 8%. Microsoft reportedly refused. The anecdote is seemingly intended as an example to illustrate Microsoft’s unwillingness to help developers address some of the hardware limitations of the Xbox One console.
    Early numbers show that the PlayStation 4 was indeed the clear winner in the early days of the current console war. Microsoft managed to ship 3 million Xbox One units in 2013 while Sony’s PlayStation 4 shipments totaled 4.2 million consoles last year. If Rasheed’s sources are accurate and gamers start to see huge gaps in the quality of exclusive games available for each console, the sales gap we saw in 2013 may indeed grow even wider moving forward.

    Tags:PlayStation 4, Xbox One Via:DualShockers Source:Twitter [1], Twitter [2]
    http://bgr.com/2014/01/27/xbox-one-v...specs-insider/

    This article set off a few of the other boards. In the interest of fairness, I won't weigh in with my usual "Ha ha, see I told you so." and whatnot.

    Long story short of it, no matter how much optimization is done (in light of the 2% GPU usage footprint et al), the PS4 has far more legroom than has been let on by the industry at large.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,208
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    46,230 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I doubt it. Maybe to the hardcore (and that's debatable).

    But they/re strong in the casual and dudebro-dads (NFL, fantasy, TV stuff etc). Considering they've sold well/healthily even with the $500 is my basis on this.

    Will they overtake PS4 sales lifetime? Maybe/most likely not. But to me that isn't a "loss".

    Much like the PS3 wasn't a loss previous gen.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  3. #3
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Soooo.... the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One?

    This declaring a winner is about as dumb as eating cow $#@!.
    What is the basis?




  4. #4
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,743
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    14,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MEH. Even if that would happen, too early to make such claims.
    Clickbait.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  5. #5
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    8,066 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

    This declaring a winner is about as dumb as eating cow $#@!.
    Or blowing it up...?


  6. Likes Lefein likes this post
  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,684
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    83,445 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Look at it this way. The PS3 had a horrid first 2 years and was considered dead. We all know how that ended for the PS3.....

    The Xbox One does not have to be the best console to do well. The 3DS is weaker than the PS Vita, yet it dominates in sales.

    Do I think the XB1 will outsell the PS4? No. Will it be close? Yes.

  8. #7
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Look at it this way. The PS3 had a horrid first 2 years and was considered dead. We all know how that ended for the PS3.....

    The Xbox One does not have to be the best console to do well. The 3DS is weaker than the PS Vita, yet it dominates in sales.

    Do I think the XB1 will outsell the PS4? No. Will it be close? Yes.
    I don't think it'll be that close. However, I'm still interested in what the basis is for declaring a winner lol. I've yet to see any reason whatsoever, that is appreciable.




  9. #8
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,000
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,888 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think the Console Wars are officially in full swing. It's not on until the online gaming press starts flinging ye poo.

  10. #9
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lol This sounds like another N4G classic.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,684
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    83,445 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't think it'll be that close. However, I'm still interested in what the basis is for declaring a winner lol. I've yet to see any reason whatsoever, that is appreciable.
    It will be just as close at the 360 vs PS3. The 360 had a dominate lead at one point. Eventually gamers sell their console to get something new to them. 360 owners were selling their consoles to buy a PS3 because it was a new system to them. Same goes for PS3 owners. Nothing will change this gen.

  12. #11
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    In the interest of fairness, I won't weigh in with my usual "Ha ha, see I told you so." and whatnot.
    you just did though.

  13. #12
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,000
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,888 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    you just did though.
    That was the joke, of course. But I have been saying that the PS4 has tech in it that lends itself to optimization over time. There will be lots of driver revisions or even custom drivers to run certain games over time.

  14. #13
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    It will be just as close at the 360 vs PS3. The 360 had a dominate lead at one point. Eventually gamers sell their console to get something new to them. 360 owners were selling their consoles to buy a PS3 because it was a new system to them. Same goes for PS3 owners. Nothing will change this gen.
    Price + Japan = PS4 wins a decent margin with sales lol. That's my prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    That was the joke, of course. But I have been saying that the PS4 has tech in it that lends itself to optimization over time. There will be lots of driver revisions or even custom drivers to run certain games over time.
    Both consoles will do better over time. If the premise behind the idea that the PS4 will win the console war is based on tech, then sure. I don't see any reason why that claim couldn't be made. That's the only thing going for it, it's more powerful than the Xbox One. We've seen how the more powerful console will win a console war. Oh wait.. what would that be based on? lol They win because they have better looking games?

    What defines a console war "win"?




  15. #14
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    This was done when it was the 360 and the PS3, yet the people on the 360 side didn't see a probably with it. I'm on the PS4 fence and honestly, I don't see a problem. That's just keeping it real because the reality of this, is that some people are going to be upset about it because they are the ones behind the Xbox One while the others are happy as they are behind the PS4, the people in the middle and to be honest, there aren't many in the gaming world. everyone leans to one side more than the other. I'm smiling over here.

    There is no such thing as a gaming saint, people should just stopping acting like it. I hate when people on other forums go, they are both great, just enjoy both. It honestly makes me roll my eye's at the monitor as if I'm suppose to believe they aren't bias. LOL
    Last edited by Demi_God; 01-27-2014 at 23:30.

  16. #15
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,022
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    40,379 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haha yeah right mr. Thuway, lets not forget ms developed direct x. Have you seen Gears of war?

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  17. #16
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    This was done when it was the 360 and the PS3, yet the people on the 360 side didn't see a probably with it. I'm on the PS4 fence and honestly, I don't see a problem. That's just keeping it real because the reality of this, is that some people are going to be upset about it because they are the ones behind the Xbox One while the others are happy as they are behind the PS4, the people in the middle and to be honest, there aren't many in the gaming world. everyone leans to one side more than the other. I'm smiling over here. There is no such thing as a gaming saint, people should just stopping acting like it. I hate when people on other forums go, they are both great, just enjoy both. It honestly makes me roll my eye's at the monitor as if I'm suppose to believe they aren't bias. LOL
    Yep we all have bias. Ironically some of the biggest fanboys I've ever seen were dual console owners hiding behind the "but I own both consoles" defense.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-27-2014 at 23:41.

  18. #17
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    This was done when it was the 360 and the PS3, yet the people on the 360 side didn't see a probably with it. I'm on the PS4 fence and honestly, I don't see a problem. That's just keeping it real because the reality of this, is that some people are going to be upset about it because they are the ones behind the Xbox One while the others are happy as they are behind the PS4, the people in the middle and to be honest, there aren't many in the gaming world. everyone leans to one side more than the other. I'm smiling over here.

    There is no such thing as a gaming saint, people should just stopping acting like it. I hate when people on other forums go, they are both great, just enjoy both. It honestly makes me roll my eye's at the monitor as if I'm suppose to believe they aren't bias. LOL
    I don't have any preference to a brand. I also don't go with that "enjoy both". I do think, to some extent, that both are great. I'm 65/35 on that right now though. PS4 being the 65.

    Some of us exist.

    What do you consider "biased"?




  19. #18
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,251
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,915 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    too early to decide who the winner will be or if it will even matter (360/PS3 anyone?). what i will say though, is that, so far, Sony has been easing into their supposed struggles that I feel they were going to get. MS so far are moving towards it but we still have to see if it will continue. if they can get past the barrier (selling their console to the core) while competing with PS4 (meaning, more or less sell about the same) then i think they have a good chance to lower the price without taking much of a hit.

    right now the momentum is with the PS4. and my prediction is that it will continue because the PS4 is for the core user first and the casuals immediately. X1 is more about the casuals then core immediately and then non-gamers. it will be interesting to see things unfold.


    Oh and,


    "Xbox One will be behind all generation, and not buy [sic] some small trivial margin."

    Yup, I said this.

    "It will be enough to show up distinctly in exclusives,”

    Said this.

    "The PS4 has more left in the tank that will start showing up going forward. It was designed with more forward thinking hardware choices.”

    Said it.

    Am I an insider?! :O

    Profit.
    Last edited by Omar; 01-28-2014 at 15:49.

  20. Likes Lefein likes this post
  21. #19
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't have any preference to a brand. I also don't go with that "enjoy both". I do think, to some extent, that both are great. I'm 65/35 on that right now though. PS4 being the 65.

    Some of us exist.

    What do you consider "biased"?
    You say you don't have any preference, but I don't believe that. Try as you might, I won't change my mind on that at all. Everyone has a preference. To be bias, you will be in favor something. I'm bias as I prefer the PS4 over the Xbox. In fact, I just don't like the Xbox One and because of that I'm bias. People can also be partially bias. That may not make sense to some, it just means they will be a bit more in favor of one console over the other as they actually want that other console to win.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 01-28-2014 at 16:08.

  22. #20
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,251
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,915 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i agree with demi, there's a difference between rating a system, which is what you're doing F34R but it's crystal clear that you prefer MS consoles. nothing wrong with it, I have bias towards Sony consoles as well. You just have to realize it.

    off-topic.

  23. #21
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,000
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,888 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    On that note, I think that having either console at launch shows a strong affinity for it. I believe Fear when he says he may have a preference towards whichever one he says, but it shouldn't be lost on anyone that shelling out full launch price for any console itself shows a much stronger like for the console than the people who buy it after a revision or two, which is the majority of the console market.

    I don't think people need to defend their preference, but in that light, I also think that people who have both consoles in the here and now do need to admit they shelled out almost a grand for the luxury of doing so and are VERY unlikely to be strongly critical of either machine.

    Fair is fair?

  24. #22
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    meh, a person will always be more critical to one machine over the other.


    Anyway, The PS4 will win /thread :X

  25. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,000
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,888 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    meh, a person will always be more critical to one machine over the other. Anyway, The PS4 will win /thread :X
    Hahaha! Not likely. This thread shall endure! But seriously, if you just splashed $500 on an XBone like Fear has, would you be a little miffed at the thought of no Halo 6?

  26. #24
    Superior Member
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    532
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    11,512 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lets not forget ms developed direct x
    [IMG][/IMG]

  27. #25
    Forum Guru
    Beast of Bourbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Blighttown
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,510
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    12,505 (0 Banked)
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I can see the PS4 pulling ahead but first they should try to actually get it to the stores ffs. You can't find it anywhere right now and the booth only has knack on display which looks like a ps3 game IMO.

    Killzone was a good start but I also need more asskicking exclusives to pull me away from my PC atm.

    Tapatalkin'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.