Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
  1. #26
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i agree with demi, there's a difference between rating a system, which is what you're doing F34R but it's crystal clear that you prefer MS consoles. nothing wrong with it, I have bias towards Sony consoles as well. You just have to realize it. off-topic.
    This. This post and demi post are dead on the money.

  2. #27
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i agree with demi, there's a difference between rating a system, which is what you're doing F34R but it's crystal clear that you prefer MS consoles. nothing wrong with it, I have bias towards Sony consoles as well. You just have to realize it.

    off-topic.
    How is it crystal clear? Explain this please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    You say you don't have any preference, but I don't believe that. Try as you might, I won't change my mind on that at all. Everyone has a preference. To be bias, you will be in favor something. I'm bias as I prefer the PS4 over the Xbox. In fact, I just don't like the Xbox One and because of that I'm bias. People can also be partially bias. That may not make sense to some, it just means they will be a bit more in favor of one console over the other as they actually want that other console to win.
    I don't have any preferences between the two consoles.

    Within each console I prefer certain things, but that doesn't have anything to so with console preference.




  3. #28
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,689
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,121 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How is it crystal clear? Explain this please.

    I don't have any preferences between the two consoles.

    Within each console I prefer certain things, but that doesn't have anything to so with console preference.
    i'm sticking to my observation. i wasn't expecting anyone to admit it lol. all i know is that you seem to give more benefit to the doubt when the information is against the Xbox but not when it comes to the PS.

    a perfect example is when you were interested in the DF comparison for Tomb Raider, I immediately assumed (knowing your preference and the context of that post) that you were thinking that the result wasn't going to be what people were thinking (the two versions having arguable differences that mattered or not), again that was my assumption, after knowing you for years.

    you had immediately jumped on my assumption that it had nothing to do with anything you disagreed with, just that you were curious to see how that would look. fair enough.

    then the DF article came out and what do we see? you make a presumptious statement that you can't decide which version would be better (but leaning towards the PS4 version) when the PS4 version dipped to 18fps at one point, again, not having proper knowledge (as it's not about the dip but about avg fps) and not giving benefit of the doubt when it comes to the PS. not realizing that the X1 version also suffers from degraded details.

    now it's pretty clear to me what your motive was, you denied it, disagreed but i could tell. your post on that thread was fairly clear to me that you were trying to find things that would bring the two closer, so there is more parity than people had realized... because you "prefer" the Xbox platform. this behavior is very common in people and happens everyday. not an outlier.

    it's the same idea when you believe (without supportive argument or elements) that the X1 will close the gap in usable resources (or power), whichever word you want to pick. you somehow ignore the facts (which are specs/architectural differences/usable resources) and feel that the "drivers alone" will fix this gap (or a considerable amount) while you feel that PS4's own efficiencies will not be able to negate that. not understanding how little the drivers means when compared to the hardware and structural differences.

    now i did say that there will be some gap that will be closed, I agree there but it will not be anywhere near noticeable with the rest of things in play. and yet, you want to give X1 the benefit of the doubt whereas ignore everything going for the PS4.

    just saying. just an observation. now you can deny my observation but it's not going to change it.
    Last edited by Omar; 01-28-2014 at 18:59.

  4. Likes Leviticus, sainraja , mistercrow likes this post
  5. #29
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm inclined to think that things will be more or less the same, but PS4 will always be ahead. NFL fans, Gear/Halo Fans, etc. will stay with the Xbox. Heck, my friend is a big halo fan and intended to get a PS4 until he saw that Halo CGI trailer and bought a X1 instead.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  6. #30
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It isn't an observation. That's your assumption. You've made the wrong one.

    Just because I have an open mind, means I prefer one over the other??

    I don't take simple articles or other opinions, etc, as the be all in regards to something.

    I give the benefit of the doubt where it is due. You lack the desire to include all the $#@! I've given Microsoft over the XB1.

    I've criticized them just as much as anyone else here. However, because I don't jump on the XB1 hate wagon, I prefer it.

    You're "theory" about my preference doesn't hold water at all.

    I'd agree with you 100% if I were buying the multiplat games on the XB1 over the PS4 versions; or if I've been criticizing the PS4/Sony without any merit.

    Neither of those has happened.




  7. #31
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,854
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    37,747 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

    I don't think people need to defend their preference, but in that light, I also think that people who have both consoles in the here and now do need to admit they shelled out almost a grand for the luxury of doing so and are VERY unlikely to be strongly critical of either machine.

    Fair is fair?
    This is actually a very fair statement - does not apply to all, but I can see this being the main reasoning as to why people tend to get over-defensive/aggressive.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  8. #32
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I'm inclined to think that things will be more or less the same, but PS4 will always be ahead. NFL fans, Gear/Halo Fans, etc. will stay with the Xbox. Heck, my friend is a big halo fan and intended to get a PS4 until he saw that Halo CGI trailer and bought a X1 instead.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see madden games possibly sell more on the PS4 regardless of the silly deals that Microsoft have done with the NFL. This is another one of those odd sports deal that could backfire and it's not uncommon for these types of things to backfire. I can get a sports package on cable TV that's just as good if not, better.

  9. #33
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,689
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,121 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It isn't an observation. That's your assumption. You've made the wrong one.

    Just because I have an open mind, means I prefer one over the other??

    I give the benefit of the doubt where it is due. You lack the desire to include all the $#@! I've given Microsoft over the XB1.

    I've criticized them just as much as anyone else here. However, because I don't jump on the XB1 hate wagon, I prefer it.

    You're "theory" about my preference doesn't hold water at all.

    I'd agree with you 100% if I were buying the multiplat games on the XB1 over the PS4 versions; or if I've been criticizing the PS4/Sony without any merit.

    Neither of those has happened.
    I don't take simple articles or other opinions, etc, as the be all in regards to something.
    Do you think of DF articles as simple? It has nothing to do with the amount of $#@! you have given to MS over their hurdles, that doesn't equal to not having preference.

    also, i've clearly stated the two examples where you did not give benefit of the doubt towards the PS console. it is an observation.

    to not go off topic i have kept my post simple, we can talk it over through PM if you wish to continue.

  10. Likes mistercrow, sainraja likes this post
  11. #34
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,083
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,599 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It isn't an observation. That's your assumption. You've made the wrong one.

    Just because I have an open mind, means I prefer one over the other??

    I don't take simple articles or other opinions, etc, as the be all in regards to something.

    I give the benefit of the doubt where it is due. You lack the desire to include all the $#@! I've given Microsoft over the XB1.

    I've criticized them just as much as anyone else here. However, because I don't jump on the XB1 hate wagon, I prefer it.

    You're "theory" about my preference doesn't hold water at all.

    I'd agree with you 100% if I were buying the multiplat games on the XB1 over the PS4 versions; or if I've been criticizing the PS4/Sony without any merit.

    Neither of those has happened.
    I think you can be reasonable -- most of the time (that doesn't mean you don't have bias/preference.) I've always seen you as the guy who prefers Xbox, but likes gaming in general. Having a preference isn't really a bad thing.

    In conclusion, I also think that you have a preference towards Xbox. We all have preferences (some admit it, others don't.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 01-28-2014 at 21:22.

  12. Likes Leviticus, Omar, mistercrow likes this post
  13. #35
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,863
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    20,540 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    there's is strong fear around here towards being labeled as someone with preference. as if having preference or bias means being close-mindedness.




  14. Likes Admartian , Omar likes this post
  15. #36
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    there's is strong fear around here towards being labeled as someone with preference. as if having preference or bias means being close-mindedness.
    Personally, I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I just thought it was interesting that the world is lumped into a complete generalization; and then done so with baseless assumptions. If that wasn't in the thread, I wouldn't have replied as I did.




  16. #37
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,743
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    14,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why are we discussing about F3AR's preferences? Especially when whole thing is going off topic.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  17. #38
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,689
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,121 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    EDIT: ^agreed mael.

    @F34R. i think i had a pretty good case
    Last edited by Omar; 01-28-2014 at 21:51.

  18. #39
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,083
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,599 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Why are we discussing about F3AR's preferences? Especially when whole thing is going off topic.
    I think we're done discussing that. If you really want to know, you can follow how the conversation started. :P

  19. #40
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,240 (0 Banked)
    I have preference towards PS based off 19 years of gaming experience with them. If sega were still around I would be a 2 console owner.


    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #41
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,689
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,121 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I think we're done discussing that. If you really want to know, you can follow how the conversation started. :P
    oh good one lol. the question is, why did F34R bring his preference in this thread! all jokes guy.

    i think i know of...maybe a handful of people that truly have no preference. you can have preference and still be unbiased. i try to be. it's not always possible but you have to keep pushing at it.

  21. #42
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    oh good one lol. the question is, why did F34R bring his preference in this thread! all jokes guy.

    i think i know of...maybe a handful of people that truly have no preference. you can have preference and still be unbiased. i try to be. it's not always possible but you have to keep pushing at it.
    Because I don't like being generalized. Ya know, when we get the all cops must die comments, etc. It's like trolling bait to me. It's hard for me to stay out of it. I tried, I really did.




  22. #43
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,689
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,121 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Because I don't like being generalized. Ya know, when we get the all cops must die comments, etc. It's like trolling bait to me. It's hard for me to stay out of it. I tried, I really did.
    i'm trying not to generalize. trust me, when there's something i need to know, as far as comparison, i take your word for it straight up. i'm not saying in any way that you're a blind follower or that you are not impartial. you may be one of the only people here that are completely impartial. i don't kno what others are thinking when they say preference but to me it means that you just prefer one console over the other for whatever reason.

    sometimes that can make a person's views more favorable and that can be in various ways, i pointed out a couple that i felt were by you due having preference and i feel sometimes we can overlook things in products we prefer. in no way i would try to generalize though. this is a very common thing and i've seen myself do it as well. if you don't realize it, you can't fix it.

  23. Likes sainraja likes this post
  24. #44
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Because I don't like being generalized. Ya know, when we get the all cops must die comments, etc. It's like trolling bait to me. It's hard for me to stay out of it. I tried, I really did.
    All cops must die.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-28-2014 at 22:21.

  25. #45
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'm trying not to generalize. trust me, when there's something i need to know, as far as comparison, i take your word for it straight up. i'm not saying in any way that you're a blind follower or that you are not impartial. you may be one of the only people here that are completely impartial. i don't kno what others are thinking when they say preference but to me it means that you just prefer one console over the other for whatever reason.

    sometimes that can make a person's views more favorable and that can be in various ways, i pointed out a couple that i felt were by you due having preference and i feel sometimes we can overlook things in products we prefer. in no way i would try to generalize though. this is a very common thing and i've seen myself do it as well. if you don't realize it, you can't fix it.
    I think the only preference I have is enjoying the best experience I can with any given game.




  26. #46
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    this is about the consoles though, not the games. You know this. LOL

    It still doesn't take away the butt-kicking that the Xbox One will suffer.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 01-28-2014 at 22:21.

  27. #47
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,689
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,121 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think the only preference I have is enjoying the best experience I can with any given game.
    you can still have preference for a different platform. i have the same mentality as yours but i also prefer PS consoles because Sony generally tends to make decisions i agree with. as simple as that.

    it's the same when i prefer asian cars as opposed to the rest. i don't care to give benefit of the doubt because i don't intend to waste my time. they would need to do something big enough for me to take notice. i do put italian/german cars as an exception though.

    and i think this disucssion has ran its course lol. we obviously will not agree here.

  28. #48
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,058
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,369 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    how about that xbox one?! It is......um......hopeless. Yep......no hope there! completely.....hopeless.


    (sigh....I suck at getting threads back on topic)
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  29. Likes Demi_God likes this post
  30. #49
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I think the article shows how microsoft is when it comes to games. yet again, a company that refused suggestion from another developer. This isn't at all hard to believe, and even if they are going giving 8% of the GPU performance, it isn't going to be enough. I think they are just going to do it to try and get some sort of favor to the developers. It isn't going to help much in the long one.

    I remember reading on here from some people that do like the Xbox One and other forums as well, stating that the Xbox One isn't just a gaming console but a media console or an "all in one" type of thing. Right there they just admitted that while it will play games and focus on that, it isn't going to be 100%. I think this is actually a safe bet in saying that the PS4 as won this gen. of consoles already. Even if it's premature, it's a safe assumption.

  31. #50
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    how about that xbox one?! It is......um......hopeless. Yep......no hope there! completely.....hopeless.


    (sigh....I suck at getting threads back on topic)
    LOL! Your efforts are showing some hope!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.