Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I'm trying to dammit. :X

2. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Veteran
    The PS3 had a very rough start too but I think that the inclusion of blu-ray was one of the keys to the success of the console. If the HD-DVD/BR war would have ended differently, I think the PS3 would have flopped. Even after losing the HD war, the x360 was able to hang in there because MS had a good lead and install base.

This time around is a lot different. Both consoles launched at the same time and neither has anything significantly different (such as BR vs. DVD). This has opened up a lot of analysis on the specs and comparisons of multi-plats. The performance and visual differences are already showing that PS4 is a better equipped machine. This information is not hard to come by as nearly everyone looks to the internet for information on gaming. I think ff MS is to compete well this gen then they will have to secure a number of must-play exclusive games or come up with something so innovative that gamers will choose a weaker console.

I think a lot of the XB1 sales so far are from MS faithful and multi-console gamers, but the question is if this can be sustained. It is no secret which console is better equipped so it will be interesting to see if MS can find a way to convince people to choose the XB1 over the PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Of course PS4 is going to lead, Tomb Raider pretty much solidified that, but by how much? 20, 40, 60million units?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Who really cares about tomb raider though!?
    It's a rough indication of the power differences between Xbox and PS but we already played that game on ps3....

In the end it'll all boil down to which games you prefer.
    You simply can't get halo on the PlayStation.
    You can't get Uncharted or God of War on Xbox.

And although I love my PC right now i laugh at PC people that keep going on about their mighty mighty hardware as if it's all that matters.
    "Yeah nice - now tell me how good Gta5 looked on your PC "

So no Xbox is not dead - how could it be with such a large community?!
    People are just waiting for the must have titles.
    Same as me with the PlayStation.

It's the "ps3 more powerful then x360" discussion all over again.

Tapatalkin'
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 01-29-2014 at 10:24.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Who really cares about tomb raider though!?
    It's a rough indication of the power differences between Xbox and PS but we already played that game on ps3....

In the end it'll all boil down to which games you prefer.
    You simply can't get halo on the PlayStation.
    You can't get Uncharted or God of War on Xbox.

And although I love my PC right now i laugh at PC people that keep going on about their mighty mighty hardware as if it's all that matters.
    "Yeah nice - now tell me how good Gta5 looked on your PC "

So no Xbox is not dead - how could it be with such a large community?!
    People are just waiting for the must have titles.
    Same as me with the PlayStation.

It's the "ps3 more powerful then x360" discussion all over again.

Tapatalkin'
    this is completely off the mark. except the PC part.

it's not the same discussion that we had last generation. the power differences are not the same.

it is not a rough idea of the power difference, if anything, it gives us a much more raw idea how much difference there must be if there is so much in a multiplat game that should "not" have so much of a difference. it basically supports all the rest of the facts.

no one is saying Xbox is going to die due to this. yes, some people feel that this will mean that they just won't sell many, which i don't agree with but i definitely will say that this is going to hamper their chances with the hardcores which drive the industry to where the product can be sold cheaper to the casuals/mainstream.

though with the new rumor that Xbox might be getting about 8% of the resources back. i think they should at least be able to deliver the same visual quality if not the resolution or fps. we will likely see more parity in certain B-level games (as in, ones that aren't pushing these consoles very hard). basically this increase would likely be the best thing for X1 right now as far as power difference is concerned. extra RAM would not have been a big deal...but that depends on how much extra RAM and then it's down to how much the dev will utilize...whereas resources when speaking about CPU/GPU processing power is a lot more raw in benefits.

Super Elite
    The Xbox One has a high RRP. Microsoft does not use compatible HDD's and still use batteries for their controller. Compare this hardware to Sony's and you will see that they use industry standards. Microsoft thought they could do an Apple but it failed. The majority of console owners realise that what they want is a cheap console that can play games, that is how the PS3 failed at launch time and it was only over numerous price drops that they maintained ground.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information