Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Disc titles bring in real money xD

It'll come soon enough with 1080P 60fps and a PS+ edition.
    Yep. Bottom line. Driveclub being delayed cost Sony money. As much as I would love to get another free game, there was just no way Sony was going to sacrifice a retail title in place of Driveclub.

I get it though. Sony set the bar extremely high with PS+ and the PS3. Personally, I think Sony has done a pretty good job of balancing its need for retail revenue and fulfilling the services that PS+ promises.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    It could have been at first, but they might have been looking at the game since their showing and decided they should work on it more.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    It just wasn't ready like infamous. Consoles always over promise and under deliver at launch. Or with it being the only playstation exclusive racing game they decided to up the graphics to compete with forza, the builds I seen over the summer looked good but not great. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Judging from the recent vids I've seen over the last 3 months or so its already far surpassed Forza 5 in graphics.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Drive Club was scheduled to be released alongside PS4 but we got reso-gun and a few other indy titles as well as DC UNIVERSE online instead... now that PS4 is well and truly out there I highly doubt Drive Club will be coming to PS PLUS at all now... it never got confirmed as 100% coming to PS PLUS, it got announced as a free playable game with the PS4 as a part of the PS PLUS membership.

Now that many people have forgotten about it... Sony will more than likely just release it as a stand alone paid title and continue dishing out Indy stuff for a couple of years, it saves sony money in the long run... they won't gain anything by releasing Drive Club free as a PS PLUS title, it's gonna sell well anyway so they likely have little interest giving it away for free.

I highly doubt Drive Club is coming to PS PLUS for free, I can see a trial version and a nice reduced launch price, but I can't see it being a free PS PLUS title... sony changed their minds.

BINGO there's something up and sony's not telling the whole story.
    Not exactly. Sony always announced the version being released with PS+ would be the full game minus a few cars & tracks. Until they say otherwise, you shouldn't assume that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    DC got a lot of crap after having been shown so they decided to polish a lot more, which I don't mind. I just wish they were working on a next gen Motorstorm instead. (ala Motorstorm 2)
    They never got the controls right after the first. I feel the controls in the first one were the best.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Judging from the recent vids I've seen over the last 3 months or so its already far surpassed Forza 5 in graphics.
    Most definitely. Dat lighting, wow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Most definitely. Dat lighting, wow. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Yep plus the highly detailed racing environments.

Not to play devil's advocate but it SHOULD at half the frame rate. Now, if Evolution Studios is able to achieve that level of detail at 60fps THEN I'll be impressed!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    With Drive Club, it was never in the plans to give you the full retail version, it was going be a stripped down version for Plus, think of it as a hyped demo of sorts, Plus it's been said that we will still get that Plus version when the game does end up coming out.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedOne View Post
    Not to play devil's advocate but it SHOULD at half the frame rate. Now, if Evolution Studios is able to achieve that level of detail at 60fps THEN I'll be impressed!
    But it wasnt half the framerate. It was over 30fps and they said they were still aiming for 60fps. And on the flipside of that argument Forza 5 SHOULD be hitting 60fps with such barren tracks like Laguna Seca (and many others) with not much onscreen. Not to mention being built on a graphically enhanced Forza 4 engine. Drive Club uses a next gen graphics engine from the ground up.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-28-2014 at 22:15.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    I think Sony are going for a stealth launch. I have no evidence to base this on whatsoever, I just think it would be super cool for them to update the PS Store and BANG "Drive Club: Prologue" (or whatever the PS+ version will be) available to freely download for PS+ members.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    I highly doubt Drive Club is coming to PS PLUS for free, I can see a trial version and a nice reduced launch price, but I can't see it being a free PS PLUS title... sony changed their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by EU Blog
    To be clear, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...veclub-update/

Dedicated Member
    I wouldn't think it was a conspiracy to get more pre-orders, racing games aren't exactly system sellers. sony learned later down the down from evolution and their development schedule that the game won't be ready for launch so they announced the delay.They could have offered something better as an alternative to make up for it than what they offered. Now i hope with the delay drive club has got, it is worth it and the game gets a decent graphical boost because of it. I'd really want evolution to hit 1080p60 now when the game releases.

But it wasnt half the framerate. It was over 30fps and they said they were still aiming for 60fps. And on the flipside of that argument Forza 5 SHOULD be hitting 60fps with such barren tracks like Laguna Seca (and many others) with not much onscreen. Not to mention being built on a graphically enhanced Forza 4 engine. Drive Club uses a next gen graphics engine from the ground up.
    Hmmm, this is the first I've heard of the game running over 30fps. What I have always read was "game is currently running at 30fps, Evolution is still aiming for 60fps."

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Hmmm, this is the first I've heard of the game running over 30fps. What I have always read was "game is currently running at 30fps, Evolution is still aiming for 60fps."
    I remember reading it awhile back but it doesn't matter since 60fps is the goal and propably why they delayed it. And I already explained why 60fps should've been easy to achieve on Forza 5 anyway. But I'm definitely getting Drive Club on day one 60fps or not.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-29-2014 at 23:01.

Forum Sage
    He said the exact thing in the post you quoted of his.

Forum Elder
    It's going to be 60. From all the videos we've seen anf articles weve read there isn't any reason they can't hit it. Everything we have seen was running 30 and not optimized at all.

I really hope so at least. Racing games need to be 60fps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    The more I think back to February with the PS4 announcement and the reveal that DriveClub would be a PS+ launch title, and now with no confirmed release date, the more I think Sony always new DriveClub would not be a launch title but it was used as a ploy to get pre orders as well as to try and sugar coat the cost of PS+ being required for online play. Like, let's tell them they're getting a top exclusive PS+ title for free and pull the rug from under their feet nearer the release date - knowing full well DriveClub will not be ready for release.

I understand games get delayed, I have no problems with that but with how soon they announced it being a launch PS+ title and the timescale it had already been in development for I feel they new it would never be ready for release, especially now with no whisper of a confirmed date in site.

Maybe it's just me looking too much in to it and I'm abit bitter about the whole thing but does anyone else think anything similar?
    I completely agree. Just kind of ranted on the PS4 launch in a topic about the headsets supposedly being functional in the next update......but I'm concerned that they only mention the new one and the Pulse, not the First Official Sony PS Virtual 7.1 SS Headset that I bought for $100, still use and is just a Pulse without an audio jack and slightly better looks/button placement.

As for games, I spoke of that as well. I have owned a PS4 since I F5'd like crazy for 2 hours on Amazon one Jan 4th and somehow beat everyone doing the same on my second try. It arrived on Jan 13th. I opened it, turned it on, it self updated and then........nothing. No War Thunder in NA as promised. No demos outside of crappy, glorified 4 minute looks at Fifa/NBA Live. Contrast, etc didn't feel worth downloading.
    I just think Sony kind of crapped out on the launch as my PS4, that was on for a total of about 10 minutes, is now neatly back in the box and I'm debating selling it just for my money back. Truly. Especially if they don't support my headset and games don't start coming REAL SOON. I'll admit that February PS+ seems to be looking good and is by far the best it's been for the new console since launch if, in fact, NA is getting Outlast on the 5th like the UK is. However, does that excuse the (IMHO) fact that they HAD TO KNOW Driveclub was not going to be ready? HAD TO KNOW basic features told would be ready at launch back in April don't work yet (share button being only the smallest, IMO)? Does it excuse how THEY HAD TO KNOW half the games they promised would be launch titles are now delayed with some saying they may not even make 2014?!?
    A console devs lovingly say is SO MUCH easier to code for and some have had dev kits since 2012 and it's February and not even a load of PC title ports are flooding the store. I can understand console devs using time to get used to it, change software, etc but the PS4 is basically a very legit gaming PC, unlike the PS2/3. How are great PC titles from the last 3 years not being ported over and maxed out like crazy from day one? Outlast and War Thunder devs said it not only "wasnt hard at all" but "took very little time at all" to port their PC games over to the PS4.
    I honestly think if there is not widely available stock by April and the games are still lacking and the features promised are still lacking that I'll just sell it as it's just sitting nice and neat in its box right now. Turned on for enough time to look at it and then wipe it clean. Not so much as a disc has been inserted because I'm not a FPS nut and that is all that is out there.

Elite Guru
    Well, it worked (kinda) with BioShock for the Vita...

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I'm just glad it's free...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I never expected this not to be free after the delay. Sony would have created a media $#@! storm for themselves if they went back on their word because of the delay. I'm just ready for a release date!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    What are the actual benefits of racing games in 60fps as opposed to 30fps?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    On the official PS boards, their 'official-un-official' DriveClub thread has a release date of March 3, 2014. If that's the real date, march is going to be absolutely absurd for me. lol

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Thread Information