Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    I'm playing now pretty much till around 4pm GMT (5 hours) after some breakfast and a fag.
    Also anyone have any tips for unlocking the M1911 for the trophy to get 45 kills with it?
    Obviously use pistols, I'm assuming the Shorty 12G doesn't count because it's levelling up shotguns. I'm always using my primary I barely ever switch to secondary :/

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    I'm playing now pretty much till around 4pm GMT (5 hours) after some breakfast and a fag.
    Also anyone have any tips for unlocking the M1911 for the trophy to get 45 kills with it?
    Obviously use pistols, I'm assuming the Shorty 12G doesn't count because it's levelling up shotguns. I'm always using my primary I barely ever switch to secondary :/
    play team deathmatch or domination. you will be in close quarters...you should be able to do it in a day or two even if you aren't able to kill much with pistols. sometimes people just appear in front of you out of nowhere with their backs turned to you. you will get kills

PSU Technical Advisor
    Do TDM and use EXP multipliers. Winning using a pistol actually isn't all that hard at all.

Also, don't keep swapping out pistols while you do this, focus on one you like until you unlock the 1911. In my case, it was the P226. Unfortunately, the 1911 in this game really isn't that great. It is eclipsed by the Compact .45, even post patch.

Although they've tweaked the recoil a bit more considerably (1911 is easier to shoot).

Forum Overseer
    exp multipliers won't help with the kill count though. but yes, another way is to swap it to finish off enemies. you can do this with snipers too.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    exp multipliers won't help with the kill count though. but yes, another way is to swap it to finish off enemies. you can do this with snipers too.
    Kills don't unlock weapons, just attachments. The only thing that counts are points.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Kills don't unlock weapons, just attachments. The only thing that counts are points.
    yup. but the trophy he's talking about, it's just about kills.

though now that i'm thinking...do those assists count as your weapon points or no? i never pay attention to it but i always wonder.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I assume you know the pistol is unlocked now and you purely need the 45 kills, you do not need to accumulate the 34,000 points that was initially required to unlock it? I just went on Squad death match, didn't take that long tbh once the pistol was unlocked

Incase you didn't know; http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/323674-Battlefield-4-Appreciation-Month-%28Pistol-Nade-shortcuts%29-More?highlight=

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    I assume you know the pistol is unlocked now and you purely need the 45 kills, you do not need to accumulate the 34,000 points that was initially required to unlock it? I just went on Squad death match, didn't take that long tbh once the pistol was unlocked

Incase you didn't know; http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/323674-Battlefield-4-Appreciation-Month-%28Pistol-Nade-shortcuts%29-More?highlight=

The pistol for the trophy is locked? Until I earn enough XP in pistol class to unlock it..
    Or I'm missing something.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Forum Overseer
    The pistol for the trophy is locked? Until I earn enough XP in pistol class to unlock it..
    Or I'm missing something.
    you got it. it's locked until you unlock it through normal progression and let me tell you, it's a $#@!. it took me 4-5 hours to get through. constant play. and i'm very good with the pistol. for those that are not, it might take days, especially if you don't play a lot. could take more than a week of play.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    you got it. it's locked until you unlock it through normal progression and let me tell you, it's a $#@!. it took me 4-5 hours to get through. constant play. and i'm very good with the pistol. for those that are not, it might take days, especially if you don't play a lot. could take more than a week of play.
    Yeah thought so, I'm up to the Shorty as I don't use them all too often; but noticed even though it's in pistols it's levelling up shotguns
    Which is a shame cause I've been playing brilliantly with it paired up with a DMR! But no I'll continue with the first pistol, definitely gonna be playing some more TDM for more close quarters combat, thanks guys!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I will be on around midnight tonight if anyone wants to play some conquest. I fell in with some good squad mates last night and actually had FUN playing this game. Hell, I even got revived a few times!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I will be on around midnight tonight if anyone wants to play some conquest. I fell in with some good squad mates last night and actually had FUN playing this game. Hell, I even got revived a few times!
    I'm up for that, just got in from work!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Veteran

PSU-BF4: Wants you

Sorry if my previous post was confusing, I thought you were passed the necessary rank for the pistol.
    You shouldn't need 34,000 pistol points to unlock it though once you reach the relevant rank?

From the appreciation month post:

"Shortcuts
    We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items."

I thought it'd be unlocked? Unless if they haven't made it live yet?
    Could be worth waiting so you don't waste time getting pistol XP when it's going to be unlocked anytime soon...
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 02-07-2014 at 00:09.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Sorry if my previous post was confusing, I thought you were passed the necessary rank for the pistol.
    You shouldn't need 34,000 pistol points to unlock it though once you reach the relevant rank?

From the appreciation month post:

"Shortcuts
    We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items."

I thought it'd be unlocked? Unless if they haven't made it live yet?
    Could be worth waiting so you don't waste time getting pistol XP when it's going to be unlocked anytime soon...
    Hmm I knew it was 'player appreciation month' but didn't have a clue what the hell it was or what they were doing, do you have a full article? Cool stuff though, you think that's downloadable or just implemented automatically?

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Veteran
    Hmm I knew it was 'player appreciation month' but didn't have a clue what the hell it was or what they were doing, do you have a full article? Cool stuff though, you think that's downloadable or just implemented automatically?
    Details here mate:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ore?highlight=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    OP updated.

With over 40 hours in the MP I now feel that my play makes a difference in the outcome of every match, unless I am having a tough round of course lol. I'm glad I made the switch from COD.

Does anyone know what impacts your skill number when you look at your stats in battle log? I am at 228 but have no clue how that's measured or whats it based on.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    OP updated.

With over 40 hours in the MP I now feel that my play makes a difference in the outcome of every match, unless I am having a tough round of course lol. I'm glad I made the switch from COD.

Does anyone know what impacts your skill number when you look at your stats in battle log? I am at 228 but have no clue how that's measured or whats it based on.
    i think it's probably something stupid like how many points you are getting in how much time...or headshots or whatever...basically it's useless and only correlates with certain types of play styles.

it's idiotic that they still haven't figured out a way to develop a system that gives preference to those that really "won" that game. it's too limited.

i'd just play the game and pat myself on the back lol if i were you.

but yes, keep playing, the game has endless possibilities. almost.

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    i think it's probably something stupid like how many points you are getting in how much time...or headshots or whatever...basically it's useless and only correlates with certain types of play styles.

it's idiotic that they still haven't figured out a way to develop a system that gives preference to those that really "won" that game. it's too limited.

i'd just play the game and pat myself on the back lol if i were you.

but yes, keep playing, the game has endless possibilities. almost.
    Gotcha.
    Hopefully they'll develop a new system for BF5 cause patting my own back doesn't give me any recognition when I am part of the difference makers lol.

Veteran

PSU-BF4: Wants you

For the first time ever in a FPS I thought i'd try the shotgun. What a beast Decimating anything on Operation Locker it's frickin awesome Hainan Resort at C conquest point in the hotel area is another great point for the shotgun.

Should mix my play up abit more often really, definitely added another edge to it, find Assault rifles abit boring now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Shotguns are super op. Playing last night I got one shooted all the time. Reminds me of the cheap sniper guns in cod.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Shotguns are super op. Playing last night I got one shooted all the time. Reminds me of the cheap sniper guns in cod.
    Remind me again how you wouldn't die being on the receiving end of a shotgun shell.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Remind me again how you wouldn't die being on the receiving end of a shotgun shell.
    Same reason I can shot you 4 times close and you can still walk away after firing one shotgun round at me. Its a game.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Same reason I can shot you 4 times close and you can still walk away after firing one shotgun round at me. Its a game.
    I was kidding, to be completely honest though in all games a shotgun class upto a certain range is one hit kill.
    It's the same in 90% of FPS games so quit your whining.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    OP updated.

If you look at your battlelog score report, you'll see that your skills are based on how well you performed on that map. If you had a positive kdr, if you supported your squad, objectives performed...but i think kdr is the one that affects it the most. Game modes don't really impact skills point

SPM (score per minute) is determined by how many points you get in a minute. I think it averages it out. This one is effected by game modes you play. Play a lot of tdm and your SPM will be low, play a lot of conquest or domination and your SPM will be high...depending on if you're actually doing the objects or just sitting on hills sniping

Lol for giggles, he was mad as $#@! because he kept on getting c4'd and running into my claymore

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Miqo'te Bard
    I was kidding, to be completely honest though in all games a shotgun class upto a certain range is one hit kill.
    It's the same in 90% of FPS games so quit your whining.
    The old bf they where not that powerful. Well 3 was after a patch. Which does make sense as shotguns use to suck in fps games so glad they got a boost. You know joking does not get translate over the net by reading which is why people usually add in an lol or 😄😜

Thread Information