Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I was also guilty of the "press x to go faster" lol, but was never one to tilt the controller to go round a corner lol!
    To be fair I only ever do that if i'm really into it, like at Abi Dhabi last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    sometimes you just can't help it!

I remember when you could racing modify EVERY car on the first Gran Turismo, shame that option is not still available! Hopefully they bring that back for GT7!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    GT is overrated IMO :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I forgot that you could do that Duff. Yeah that would be cool if they brought that back.

I really hope they allow the share feature on the ps4 to work on the ps1 and ps2 classics when they arrive on ps4. We could set up time trial events on classic racers and put it up on twitch and see who goes fastest! PSU's very own star in a reasonably priced car type thing lol

5. Likes Duffman likes this post
    Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That would be awesome, I would imagine the share and live stream would still be available so if it is then it HAS to be done

Nice to see there are a few racing game fans on here, just hope I can keep this thread going!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    We need to have a meet up on F1 2013 :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    When I practise more and get better at it, then sure I'm up for that Jordie

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    We need to have a meet up on F1 2013 :P
    If I had it I would love to lol

Can't wait to see what Codemasters do with F1 2014 on the PS4, so many things I hope they put into it I don't know where to start lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I don't have to F1 2013 on the PS3 so I won't be able to join you guys at all.

To this day though I still play Grand Prix 4, it's a shame that it never made it across to consoles but my word the Grand Prix series was astonishing, still yet to come across an F1 game like it. In fact here's a nice video of F1 games from 1982 to 2011:

I first started off with Revs on the BBC in 1986 then went onto the others. Accolade GP in 1988 was the first F1 game that got me addicted to F1 games though then along came the person that made me want to become a games designer in the first place, his name is Geoff Crammond and he made the Grand Prix series. Grand Prix 2 though was an ultimate addiction during school, I must have sunk well over 1000 hours into that game, fine tuning setups and more. Grand Prix 4 though IMHO is the pinnacle of F1 simulation games.

There are so many classics that I can easily still play and still love, but I think there's also a Rally game that not many people have probably ever heard about and that's Network Q RAC Rally Championship, I swear this is the only Rally game to have stages that lasted over 45 minutes in some places! IT really was way ahead of its time.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Grand Prix 4 though IMHO is the pinnacle of F1 simulation games.
    Even better that Rfactor? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    If I had it I would love to lol

Can't wait to see what Codemasters do with F1 2014 on the PS4, so many things I hope they put into it I don't know where to start lol
    Yeah, problem is the fact that the dev team is pretty small. I'd really love a paddock and garage you could walk around and go into other teams garages, get stopped by the media ect. Surely they gotta have podium celebrations in this years game?!?

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    Yeah, problem is the fact that the dev team is pretty small. I'd really love a paddock and garage you could walk around and go into other teams garages, get stopped by the media ect. Surely they gotta have podium celebrations in this years game?!?
    You would hope so wouldn't you, so many people where crying out for it last year and the year before they would be mad not too, plus warm up and parade laps where a massive request so I hope they include them as well! I really liked the first couple of games where your trailer was the menu system, I hope they bring that back this year and include a lot more detail! I could go on for hours about what detail I would love in the next game lol

I remember Network Q Rally, I also had that on the Amiga and some of the stages where massively long, I remember one taking about 22 minutes to complete!
    Last edited by Duffman; 01-31-2014 at 09:03.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Go on what detail would you like to see in the new F1 game?

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Now your asking lol, are you sitting down?

I would like to see the trailer as the menu system come back, with a much busier pitlane outside. Pre season testing at Jerez and Bahrain. Busy grid before the race, we are talking people and mechanics everywhere just like in real life, then they rush off as the grid needs to be clear, then you can head off on a warm up lap and warm your tires. More mechanical failures and punctures for other cars, and when they retire you still see them at the side of the track. More cars going off because of suspension or wing failures, causing more safety cars and even red flags. Full pitlane during the race, not just one or 2 mechanics standing there but as busy in real life, with people walking to and from the pit wall. Once the race has finished if you complete the race in the podium or points positions you can go round on a parade lap. Marshall's properly waving flags and the chequred flag at the finish. Choosing from a load of face choices or putting your own face in the game so you can be seen on the podium and have pre and post race interviews. Have a proper rivalry with another driver or team mate so you can taunt them or congratulate them in interviews. If I think of anything else I shall note it down but I suppose in short as close to the spectacle that it is in real life!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    You don't want much do you

Seriously though, those changes would definitely make it a much better game and make it more realistic.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    no not much!

I just think it can be done because I have seen some of these things done before! F1 Championship Edition on the PS3 had podiums and warm up laps. Jeff Crammonds GP4 had parade laps (I think) where if you won the driver would go round slowly waving at the crowd so I think because it's been done before I know it's possible!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah I mean those are just little minor touches really but the hardcore F1 fans would cream there pants over if implemented lol

I would like to see the classic mode side of things, added and expanded. Maybe even do challenges from past F1 seasons where you have to emulate what happened in real life or relive some classic seasons with full circuits and drivers.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Yeah I mean those are just little minor touches really but the hardcore F1 fans would cream there pants over if implemented lol

I would like to see the classic mode side of things, added and expanded. Maybe even do challenges from past F1 seasons where you have to emulate what happened in real life or relive some classic seasons with full circuits and drivers.
    See now that would be a very cool idea, like a classic challenge mode almost!

I would also love to see another Le Mans 24 Hour game but I just can't see one being made anytime soon which is a shame. I suppose GT comes close and Race Driver Grid included it but I would love a proper game dedicated to the GT Championships and Le Mans!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The classic cars are so meh for me, couldn't care less about them. They haven't even been done properly, since when did cars in the 80's use LED rev lights? :L

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I don't know about anyone else but the PS4 really needs a decent driving game other than NFS, why did bloody Driveclub have to be delayed

Dug out my DVDs this evening and found TOCA Touring Cars for PS1 and NFS underground 1 and 2 for PS2 Shame I can't play them lol

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    In time, the ps4 will have some quality racers. I'd rather Driveclub was delayed to ensure there aren't any bugs and done properly. Look at Battlefield 4, don't want anything like that happening.

Going to try some Gran Turismo 2 this weekend

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Think my missus has a PS2 hidden somewhere, might have to get her to find it so I can play some Need for Speed Underground

Man I bet that will bring back some memories, you will have to let us know how that goes

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I really hope the early Gran Turismo's are available on the ps4 digitally. That would be epic to replay them.

I will indeed mate and you too with your replaying of Underground

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    That would be awesome if they where part of PS Now or the supposed emulator, same with the F1 games and Le Mans 24 Hours

Cheers mate, if I can find the PS2 lol, shall post my memories on here if I do

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

Classic & Current Racing and Driving Game Discussion Thread!

A guy at work keeps going on about how good Le Mans 24 hours was. Never even knew it existed never mind play it but it would be a game I'd try if it was available

How do you think the handing dynamics will hold up against the newer console racers?

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Was he on about the PS1 or PS2 version?

Not many people seemed to have heard of it, probably why no one has bothered to do another one lol!

That's a good question, depends if they decide to change it but I guess it all depends on how quickly you get used to racing games.....

Thread Information