Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

The next major multiplatform game Battleground - What do you think?

So seeing as the PS4 version of Tomb Raider: DE won by a landslide and with the meltdowns that occurred because of it, where do you think the next battle will be fought?

IMO the next major comparison will be when Bungie's DESTINY finally comes out. This is a game that many people are keeping a close eye on as the excitement for Destiny continues to build till launch day. Once analysis sites like Digital Foundry gets their hands on boths X1 and PS4 versions there will be salty tears, ****storms, butthurt, excuses yadda yadda yadda. I wonder just how big the disparity between both versions will be.

It'll be interesting to see (and have some laughs while i'm at it).
    Last edited by Peregrin8X; 01-30-2014 at 05:42.
    ALL 3RD PARTY MULTIPLATFORM GAMES WILL BE SUPERIOR ON PS4 NOW AND IN THE FUTURE!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    So seeing as the PS4 version of Tomb Raider: DE won by a landslide and with the meltdowns that occurred because of it, where do you think the next battle will be fought? IMO the next major comparison will be when Bungie's DESTINY finally comes out. This is a game that many people are keeping a close eye on as the excitement for Destiny continues to build till launch day. Once analysis sites like Digital Foundry gets their hands on boths X1 and PS4 versions there will be salty tears, ****storms, butthurt, excuses yadda yadda yadda. I wonder just how big the disparity between both versions will be. It'll be interesting to see (and have some laughs while i'm at it).
    Yeah I've been having a laugh at the sorry excuses and damage control in these comparison threads (especially the Tomb Raider one). Makes for some entertaining reading. But yeah Destiny will be the next big one as far as major multiplatform game comparisons go. I'll have the popcorn ready.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-30-2014 at 06:56.

3. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Master Sage
    I'm thinking Watch Dogs will be the next major multiplatform title.
    Can't be too far away now.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    my fav excuse so far is that 30 Fps is better for cinematic story telling experience. lol.

I think either watchdog or destiny. will show some disparity.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Probably mega textures...lol.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Like TR, you'll prolly see the difference in the next game to use GP Compute heavily.

While Destiny and Watch Dogs will certainly have similar differences to what we've seen so far (AC. COD, BF). I don't think they have the refinement to 'push' the systems and truly show differences. Destiny is a cross-gen game too, right? So is Watch dogs? which would further distance it from effective "battleground" - as the OP would put it.

NOTE: TressFX is sufficient enough to distance PS4 to PS3 in my TR comparison. i doubt you'd get 2FPS running the effect on a PS3.
    Also, according to DF, Tomb Raider renders compute heavy scenes with TressFX at 900p, while the PS4 remains 1080p.

Maybe witcher 3 will show the difference? Dragon Age 3?
    If i recall, these will be using some form of GPU compute.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    my fav excuse so far is that 30 Fps is better for cinematic story telling experience. lol.

I think either watchdog or destiny. will show some disparity.
    Oh geez. That guy needs to be smacked upside the head. This goes back to "why do movies captured on film look so different than those captured digitally? 24 FRAMES PER SECOND", which as it turns out is not even true.

I don't think the next battleground game has even been announced yet. Final Fantasy XV maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    I'm thinking Watch Dogs will be the next major multiplatform title.
    Can't be too far away now.
    ive heard contradictory stories of that game being pushed back till later in the year or as soon as a couple of months. not quite certain which ones i believe in. Ubisoft better have it ready when it ships.
    ALL 3RD PARTY MULTIPLATFORM GAMES WILL BE SUPERIOR ON PS4 NOW AND IN THE FUTURE!

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Thief comes out next month.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    thief won't be a good example. the game looks like an upgrade over last gen assets.

watch dogs will give a decent indication. destiny might be pushed more so it might show more. witcher 3 will be a far better indicator.

Apprentice
    i was thinking what if Rockstar announced GTA V definitive Edition coming out prior to Destiny, then that would be the next big one.

Extreme Poster
    i wouldn't expect that to come out for a good while.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Definitely Witcher 3.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Definitely Witcher 3.
    they even hinted it. it's a big open world game, it is going to require a lot of resources and fast RAM.

but they also appear to be skilled developers so i would not expect the differences to be as large as TR.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    The next one will be Thief.

Think of this console war with fans from both sides as football. Right now The Xbox One + fans are playing defense while the PS4 + fans have the ball.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 01-30-2014 at 17:16.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If TR is any indication of how it will just be throughout, there really isn't much of a battleground.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    they even hinted it. it's a big open world game, it is going to require a lot of resources and fast RAM.

but they also appear to be skilled developers so i would not expect the differences to be as large as TR.
    technically, open world games are CPU bound more than GPU bound.

It depends on the tech they employ as to whether there will be anything in those titles. If i recall, Witcher is quite GPU demanding in spite of the CPU heavy nature, and has some interesting tech to run.
    Dragon Age will be using GPU compute for its cloth physics (unless im mistaken)

But likewise, I think Witcher 3 or Dragon Age will show the difference more so than Destiny or Watch Dogs.

I expect titles doing any compute on the GPU to be where we'll see the differences though.

As with the case with TR on XB1. the up close TressFX required a 900p framebuffer, where the PS4 stayed 1080p.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    The next one will be Thief.

Think of this console war with fans from both sides as football. Right now The Xbox One + fans are playing defense while the PS4 + fans have the ball.
    PS4 will dominate in terms of time of possession as well as points scored throughout this gen

20. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    technically, open world games are CPU bound more than GPU bound.

It depends on the tech they employ as to whether there will be anything in those titles. If i recall, Witcher is quite GPU demanding in spite of the CPU heavy nature, and has some interesting tech to run.
    Dragon Age will be using GPU compute for its cloth physics (unless im mistaken)

But likewise, I think Witcher 3 or Dragon Age will show the difference more so than Destiny or Watch Dogs.

I expect titles doing any compute on the GPU to be where we'll see the differences though.

As with the case with TR on XB1. the up close TressFX required a 900p framebuffer, where the PS4 stayed 1080p.
    all good points. i don't know much about development, just the basics. my question is, what do you mean by requiring a framebuffer of 900p? i thought the gameplay was 1080p for both consoles?

Thread Information