Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style

I can quit with the best of them....

So, I've noticed that that in Madden ppl some shady $#@!.

Just now I was in a game with a guy that never ran the ball and scored on his second possession. I was getting the feel of him and on my second possession I mixed it up and scored quite easily.

His next time having the ball....again...kept throwing the ball. So I played all out passing defense. Stopped him....4 and out.

There was 1 minute left to the half and I had the ball on the 35 or something. I figured he might be guarding the out of bounds lines so I picked a play where I was going to throw in to the inside route.

Right after I snapped the ball...about 3 seconds after...the game lagged. The game had not lagged at all...not one bit the whole time...but the first time it lags...was right when I was about to throw the ball...when I had the last possession in the half...and when I had the ball of offense.

For me...since this has happened a several times...I was pissed. So I got on my mic and told him that it was quite convenient that it happened. By the way....he intercepted the pass and got the ball back.

I then sat and thought..."you know...if I'm going to worry the whole game if this person is going to lag at opportune times...then I shouldn't play."

So I quit.

I don't care about my quit %.....I quit if someone is doing onside kicks all the time, going on 4th down every time, or seems to be lagging on purpose.

I'd rather quit in a game that seems to be being played with an asshole than lose points to him (if I lose) the regular way.

Veteran
    Could have been coincidence or he could have a lag switch or something. Were you wining at this point in the game ?

Forum Elder
    Lag switches still exist? And they work?

That's one of the reasons I'm not a big multiplayer guy. The ability to cheat.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 01-30-2014 at 18:19.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    The lag switching won't cause you to lag if the other person has the lag switch. It will cause him to lag making it harder to see the spot he's in, in a FPS games it's harder to shot him since he is skipping out the map, and on football it's hard to tackle him or whatever because he will instantly go from 1 yard to 2 yards and technically he was already at that 2yrds.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    It sounds like one of the following:

1. You were playing with some kid who hasn't the foggiest idea of how football work and goes for the stupid plays that return the best results and the lag was just a coincidence.

2. You were playing with an adult who just plays Madden to screw with people who actually want to play serious (I'd say it's this one)

3. You were playing with a person with a lag switch

These are all reasons why I quit Madden anyway.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I try and play private online games. Seldom will just do a random online game.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Could have been coincidence or he could have a lag switch or something. Were you wining at this point in the game ?
    I had just scored and then stopped him on the 35 yd line...so I had the ball with 1 minute left till the half....on the 35 yd line.

I'm betting I would have scored. Then, I kicked off to start off with so I would have gotten the ball to start off the second half. IF...I would have scored both those times...I would have been up 21 - 7.

All that makes me believe, especially with the timing of it....the lag was on purpose.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    The Madden community is the lowest of the low. Bottom of the barrel scrubs who rely on glitches and exploits to win, as evidenced by Madden Nation a few years ago where some wigger wannabe douche used the onside kick glitch twice in a row to win the championship. If you play this game online, you're just asking for a bad time.

Forum Elder
    So I looked up lag switches and they do sell them for X1 and PS4. I have only read about BF4 and some say they work some say they dont.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Pathetic that people would even spend the money/time on a lag switch. Just play the game legit!!

Dedicated Member
    One reason I never play online.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Madden online has always been cheese every play and abuse every tactic that is guaranteed to get the W. I enjoy it when my opponent plays like a good sport.

Things I hate about it:

Onside kicking every time with somewhat good success.
    Triple Option Dsync glitch when losing (possible with a couple of teams)
    People only ever picking the best (read: cheese) teams (Hawks, Broncos, 49ers)
    The stiff arm glitch

There's even a tutorial on how to block the extra point kick on YouTube, I actually had some guy block every single one of mine one game. I wasn't impressed.

Thread Information