Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm proud to be recognized!!

So you're saying, even though there hasn't been an actual screen shot of the email, and the place this came from is that cesspool of fanboys that is Gaf, it's still legit?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm proud to be recognized!!

So you're saying, even though there hasn't been an actual screen shot of the email, and the place this came from is that cesspool of fanboys that is Gaf, it's still legit?
    No, I'm saying there is nothing out there saying it is fake except you. And I'm saying business insider claims to have a taken a screen shot of the ad. Is it possible that it is fake and business insider is lying? Sure. But just because you didn't get the email isn't proof. If it is real then they probably only sent it to folks who have a Microsoft Store in their area. Again, considering the sheer amount of coverage this thing has gotten and that ad being plastered in every single article, you would think MS would have come out and called the ad bull$#@!. But they haven't.
    Last edited by Christopher; 01-31-2014 at 13:39.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

3. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    No, I'm saying there is nothing out there saying it is fake except you. And I'm saying business insider claims to have a taken a screen shot of the ad. Is it possible that it is fake and business insider if lying? Sure. But just because you didn't get the email isn't proof. If it is real then they probably only sent it to folks who have a Microsoft Store in their area. Again, considering the sheer amount of coverage this thing has gotten and that ad being plastered in every single article, you would think MS would have come out and called the ad bull$#@!. But they haven't.
    Ok lol. It is real. Only one person claims to have the email, and hasn't posted the entire thing. Business Insider didn't claim to have taken that screen shot, that is just a picture labeled as such.

The post the sidebit, and link to the actual Microsoft store, instead of posting the email. Yeah, whatever lol. I swear the lows that people will go to.

edit:

Saw the "news article" on the homepage". smh ashamed.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-31-2014 at 14:25.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Ok lol. It is real. Only one person claims to have the email, and hasn't posted the entire thing. Business Insider didn't claim to have taken that screen shot, that is just a picture labeled as such.

The post the sidebit, and link to the actual Microsoft store, instead of posting the email. Yeah, whatever lol. I swear the lows that people will go to.

edit:

Saw the "news article" on the homepage". smh ashamed.
    You've raised some doubts so I'm not saying it is 100% real. Business Insider did not reference neogaf at all so either they have the email or that is just shoddy journalism.

lol.....why shouldn't PSU cover it? It is related to PlayStation.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    You've raised some doubts so I'm not saying it is 100% real. Business Insider did not reference neogaf at all so either they have the email or that is just shoddy journalism.

lol.....why shouldn't PSU cover it? It is related to PlayStation.
    I don't have a problem with them covering it. Just like you said though, shoddy journalism.

I've sent the thread creator over at gaf a PM. I asked him to reply with the entire contents of the email. No reply yet. It's only been an hour so I won't make any judgement on that. If he sends me the entire email, with the picture as posted, then I'll admit I'm wrong.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Considering the utter lack of evidence surrounding this story I am shocked at how many reputable news outlets are reporting it. *shakes head in disbelief*

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Another person in the thread claims to have the email, and it's titled about trading in the PS3. I PM'd him as well. If it's true, I'd be right on board the train of laughter that Microsoft would put it like that. So far, for me, not confirmed. However, ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Considering the utter lack of evidence surrounding this story I am shocked at how many reputable news outlets are reporting it. *shakes head in disbelief*
    The overall story is 100% accurate. The only question is the the legitimacy of the email ad that has been posted.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I dont care whether it is fake or not... i choose to believe its true!

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

11. Likes Omar likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    The overall story is 100% accurate. The only question is the the legitimacy of the email ad that has been posted.
    Yeah I've seen the other pic now with the "selected gaming consoles" bit in it. That to me sounds more legit.

I honestly don't know how MS could believe this will make a difference at all. I think someone said earlier - keep PS3 and get a PS4 for $100 less. Far more attractive option imo.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Super Elite
    Or you can simply keep your ps3 and still save 100 dollars by buying a ps4 lollll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Forum Overseer

Siding with F34R on this one. it seems like the source is not being explained clearly. sure, MS hasn't confirmed or denied it but they aren't required to. and yes, that makes things difficult. so we have to go to the source. the source is not clear.

Superior Member
    with what's coming to the IGC next week, there's no good reason to trade in your PS3 for what MS is offering.

Sony are the ones who are overdelivering on value here

16. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I received a reply. The thread creator said the picture is the only thing in the email, followed by the disclaimer; which is the same disclaimer on the web page.

So... I guess it's real??

edit:

Gimme a min. Talking with him now.

Forum Overseer

seems a little odd. why not post a picture of the actual email though? so we can see if it's legitimate? like the actual picture of the inbox with the email showing. you can't tamper with it if you are not replying to the message.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    We'll see. I asked him to screen shot the entire email. He said he ripped it straight from the email.

Forum Overseer

it all sounds fishy. if you're going to make a news headline out of it, you might as well give proper evidence.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well, I think Microsoft lost whatever class I thought they had... based on this.

Unless this guy put it together... he sent me the entire email. It has "Trade in your PS3 for $100 of in-store credit

Has the picture in the body, with the disclaimer under it.

I don't know any other way to verify it at this point. I'm working on it. So for now, confirmed.

Forum Overseer

post it here, i should be able to at least identify if it "seems" legit. it should be showing the email, date stamp, time stamp etc.

as for class, pfft, it's just a way to market. marketing is dirty sometimes. Sony is a japanese company, generally they seem to be about humility (except this generation and the last too lol). so they are probably taking it a little lighter but they did take pot shots at MS during E3. no biggie really, just clever.

Well, I think Microsoft lost whatever class I thought they had... based on this.

Unless this guy put it together... he sent me the entire email. It has "Trade in your PS3 for $100 of in-store credit

I don't know any other way to verify it at this point. I'm working on it. So for now, confirmed.
    Can you see the email header?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style

How could you possibly think that Microsoft had any class at all. Even before Xbox, while the software at that time was awesome, they were still bastards.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    MS and its funky overt subterfuge lol. Where ever I see this reported, the news comments are full of scorn, smhing, mocking and berating.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

They had class before? This honestly isn't surprising to me. Ads do this kind of stuff all the time. Hell, T Mobile commercials now are taking shots at AT&T. But as I said the value this is terrible. So doesn't really matter if it's true or.not. I don't expect many people to take advantage of this to get an X1.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer

oh right, this is the same company that wanted to "kill" google lol. except now they're probably friends...or maybe they were always friends.

MS and Google are both govt. agencies. but every time they get caught spying on us, they immediately blame the govt.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I'm still waiting for the "but Sony does this too!" response.

Thread Information