Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Ni no Kuni is great. The battle system does have a bit of depth with it, but is let down by poor AI. The cut scenes are utterly superb and I loved the dialogue between all the characters. Drippy is hilarious and Oliver is a fine hero. The Wizard's Book is utterly gorgeous and has so much attention to detail.

What lets it down a little is that at about the 15 hour mark (after you leave Tee Hee Tee, which is the best place name in any game) cut scenes and voice overs are completely removed from the game for the next 10 hours or so. Which is a shame, since after that 10 hours or so they mysteriously reappear!

And the story is pretty deep. It shows how a little boy tries to cope with the loss of his mother.. whether that's through an actual magical world or

Just because it isn't as epic with as much violence and destruction as other RPGs doesn't mean it's for children or that the story is simple bad. I would even argue it's a lot more mature than the likes of Mass Effect and most other RPGs of the last few years.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    NO.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

3. Likes Julz likes this post
    PSN ID
    James21291
    yes

PSN ID
    LK3185
    Got Ni no Kuni for $5 and don't regret it at that price. three hours or so in and I'm annoyed at the combat because switching out character is tedious and messes me up a little bit going from moving forward to the dpad. That's where I get hit the most.

Beautiful game but I would say a bit overrated.

Forum Overseer
    ^yeah, same problem. for a game that requires such quickness in execution, it does not give you an easy way to do things. you have to go through the stupid dial to do anything. and then the dial resets, it doesn't remember the last position.

i really want to get the game again, i'm still thinking. it's dirt cheap at $5 until this friday. my problem is, will i just get bored again and it'll just sit there forever?

are the locales fun enough to visit? i was only 10 hours or so in. the game seems small and doesn't seem to give you much boost later in the game (judging from youtube videos), you're always vulnerable to die with a few hits. kind of hate that, especially since it's a real-time strategy game and not turn based.

would love it if it were turn-based.

Forum Overseer

...i bought the game. those ****ing japanese. mind controlling me with their ****.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Almost any game for $5 is a steal!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I enjoyed playing it. Leveling system was time consuming and annoying at times but otherwise a good game for me.

Forum Overseer
    i'm just playing the game at easy. i don't have time to configure everything because i'm not 20 anymore, i get like an hour at best each day. so the lower difficulty level is definitely helping. i think i judged the game too quick, it definitely has something for me that i can't have otherwise. the visuals are just beautiful.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It's just funny how most other JRPGs didn't just stick with this traditional system which is why the hype level was through the roof. If we had this style in 2006 onwards like a traditional JRPG should instead of all this other fancy $#@! this game probably wouldve been just another JRPG. It's still an awesome game though and amazing cell shaded graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'm just playing the game at easy. i don't have time to configure everything because i'm not 20 anymore, i get like an hour at best each day. so the lower difficulty level is definitely helping. i think i judged the game too quick, it definitely has something for me that i can't have otherwise. the visuals are just beautiful.
    Hopefully you'll get to enjoy the game more so this time.

I put in over 100 hours and completed all side missions so I had a blast with it. To me it was very memorable. I think it's got a lot of charm to it.

Thread Information