Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

PS2 save file to PS3 help

What's good, fellas? I need help. Don't know what I'm doing wrong and its driving me nuts. Ard, here is the situation!

Last night I purchased Capcom vs. SNK 2 off of the PS store. (I also still own the disc version) Already on the PS3 slim, I have saved data of Capcom vs. SNK 2 from when I transferred all of my stuff from my fat PS3 to the slim PS3 I'm using now. For some reason, the digital version isn't reading the PS2 save I already have for the game. Is this because that save was made for the original copy and I'm trying to use it for the digital version?

That's one scenario I thought of. So with that happening, I went to Gamefaqs and downloaded a save file for the "virtual memory" digital version. It's a .PSV save file. Cool. So I then created a folder called "PS3" then another named "EXPORT" and the last folder named "PSV". I put the PSV save file in the PSV folder. Took my flash drive, went to Save Data Utility for the PS2, but the file still isn't showing up. What am I doing wrong here? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated it.

I'd really like to get the gamefaqs file working so I won't have to unlock everything again. It's a little frustrating I tell you! Good lookin' out fam!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Are you talking about PS2 classics on PSN Store?

PSN PS2 classics games do not use the same "memory card" system as software/hardware backward compatible PS3 did.

PSN Downloaded PS2 games use a separate Save Data Utility that doesn't interface with the Virtual Memory cards.... basically PS2 classics have their own memory cards in which game saves are LOCKED to a single console (you can't copy save data to USB nor can it be backed up to the cloud)

Super Elite
    Did you forget to press triangle to "display all"
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I know what is your problem. Any PS1 or PS2 games that you have downloaded from the PSN stor are in different format and not as the PS2 format. Your PS2 disc games will never read any PS2 game saves from PSN version even though its the same game. Sony always convert the file to a different format for example, all PS1 games that are at the PSN store are in PVD format and if you will try to copy the save to your PS1 system. The game won't read the game save even though its the same game. I just got a PS1 game called A Bug's Life and on my PS3 I downloaded the game and I got to level 6. I copied the save to my PS1 via the PS transfer USB and my PS1 disc of the game didn't read it and gave me invalid format. Hope that will clear your issue for you.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Thanks for the help guys. It made sense after I pressed the PS button and it didn't have an option to select a memory card or anything. Appreciate the help homies. I'm just going to have to replay Arcade mode and manually unlock stuff. Good lookin' out!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Thread Information