Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls

My PS4 impressions so far

I got my PS4 a couple days ago. yaaaay. Had to wait a while These are my honest thoughts on the system. In short, meh.

I am quite frustrated by it. Firstly, the controller, which I bought a few days prior so I'd have two. I can't get on with it. How are you meant to hold this thing? I can't hold it comfortably at all. It's too small to hold with your palms (and I don't lke holding controllers like that anyway) but it's not the right shape to hold like a... you know, DualShock. The sticks are nice, triggers decent. little speaker and LED light are stupid gimmicks that I wish didn't exist. Especially the light, epic battery drain that serves no purpose? Awesome. I can't stand the PS4 up vertical like I want to, because it has serious heat problems then? Wtf Sony are you kidding me?

The user interface is alright but it's inferior to the XMB. Also can anyone tell me how to sign into my account without signing into PSN as well? I can't seem to find that in the settings. I have a few games but have spent hours downloading and installing them and haven't really had the time to play anything yet. As I type this BF4 is still installing. It already downloaded and installed then I started the game and it said hey bro I'm installing more. It's been doing that for over 3 hours now. Not exactly "instant" so far is it. Looks like I'll have to wait until tuesday to actually play anything. Nearly a week after buying it.

As a media player it's pretty $#@!. No excuse for this.

One last thing. The 'beep' from the PS3 is back. $#@! me. Are you trolling Sony? That beep was the bane of my existence. Bee bee beeep. And yes my PS4 has crashed already.

So yeah, bit of a rant. I hope the games win me over because the system itself isn't floating my boat atm. Please don't take this as mindless PS hate guys, my post history should show I'm not one of them. I'm just a bit disappointed right now

2. Likes 33x likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You know you only talked about the negatives right? You did not spend any time talking about what you like. This most likely will not sit well with the readers and you may get some negative replies from this. Just a heads up.

You basically created a thread to $#@! about the system.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I got my PS4 a couple days ago. yaaaay. Had to wait a while These are my honest thoughts on the system. In short, meh.

I am quite frustrated by it. Firstly, the controller, which I bought a few days prior so I'd have two. I can't get on with it. How are you meant to hold this thing? I can't hold it comfortably at all. It's too small to hold with your palms (and I don't lke holding controllers like that anyway) but it's not the right shape to hold like a... you know, DualShock. The sticks are nice, triggers decent. little speaker and LED light are stupid gimmicks that I wish didn't exist. Especially the light, epic battery drain that serves no purpose? Awesome. I can't stand the PS4 up vertical like I want to, because it has serious heat problems then? Wtf Sony are you kidding me?

The user interface is alright but it's inferior to the XMB. Also can anyone tell me how to sign into my account without signing into PSN as well? I can't seem to find that in the settings. I have a few games but have spent hours downloading and installing them and haven't really had the time to play anything yet. As I type this BF4 is still installing. It already downloaded and installed then I started the game and it said hey bro I'm installing more. It's been doing that for over 3 hours now. Not exactly "instant" so far is it. Looks like I'll have to wait until tuesday to actually play anything. Nearly a week after buying it.

One last thing. The 'beep' from the PS3 is back. $#@! me. Are you trolling Sony? That beep was the bane of my existence. Bee bee beeep. And yes my PS4 has crashed already.

So yeah, bit of a rant. I hope the games win me over because the system itself isn't floating my boat atm. Please don't take this as mindless PS hate guys, my post history should show I'm not one of them. I'm just a bit disappointed right now
    Pack it up.....take it back. That simple.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

5. Likes mistercrow, dondidit likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    You know you only talked about the negatives right? You did not spend any time talking about what you like. This most likely will not sit well with the readers and you may get some negative replies from this. Just a heads up.

You basically created a thread to $#@! about the system.
    Thanks for that commentary. i'm sure it was useful for those who didn't understand my post.

My experience so far has been broadly negative, what else am I going to say

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Thanks for that commentary. i'm sure it was useful for those who didn't understand my post.

My experience so far has been broadly negative, what else am I going to say
    You might as well return it, or sell it then. This system is clearly not for you.

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Well, it certainly won't please everyone. I am surprised that your games are taking a while to install though. I know everyone is saying you should return it, and maybe you should and get it when a game that interests you comes out?

You could also try the Xbox One instead and see if that works for ya.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-03-2014 at 02:52.

Forum Elder
    1. You can stand it up with the stand.

2. So you bought bf4 dig download. It installs the single player and then downloads the multiplayer which is about 27 more gigs.

3. I agree about the media player but it's coming and you got games to play.

4. I like the beep.

6. Maybe you will get used to ds4 I thought it was a very natural and welcome progression.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID
    hareyesm
    Sorry you don't like it I just picked mine up. While my friend also complained about it taking forever to install and update. For me upon first plugging it in it took 8 minutes to update and about 3 minutes to install killzone. Lucky maybe but it's miles ahead of my ps3. That took forever

Rockin my Note 3

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Pack it up.....take it back. That simple.
    This. And odd about the installs because mine are really quick. Anyway like Lethal already said the system just isnt for you. Get a refund and maybe get yourself an xbone instead. I mean that seriously, not being sarcastic.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Gotta ask, what's wrong with the beep?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Gotta ask, what's wrong with the beep?
    And btw.....what beep? The beep when you turn it on or off?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    And btw.....what beep? The beep when you turn it on or off?
    I guess? The OP has a problem with the beep and I'm curious what's so bad about it. I wish it was slightly different though

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    Just trade in your ps4. There are a LOT of people who need and deserve the ps4 than you. You just wasted a whole lot of nothing going off about nothing really no one cares about. It's a gaming machine not media lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Maybe your Internet connection is $hitty, my downloads were pretty quick from what I have experienced since launch. As for the ds4, I have pretty big hands and this baby feels great. Are your paws just too small to get a comfortable fit? The beep is the beep, hardly anything to trash the system for.

Finally, it sounds like you're in the market for an xbox one. But good luck with that controller, that thing is an awkward monster indeed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Maybe your Internet connection is $hitty, my downloads were pretty quick from what I have experienced since launch. As for the ds4, I have pretty big hands and this baby feels great. Are your paws just too small to get a comfortable fit? The beep is the beep, hardly anything to trash the system for. Finally, it sounds like you're in the market for an xbox one. But good luck with that controller, that thing is an awkward monster indeed. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I love the DS4 controller. That being said I loved the 360 controller as well and the xbone controller is pretty much the same so it should be a good controller as well. Nothing awkward about it imo. Hated the DS3 though. Anyway if hes that unhappy then he should just take it back. End of problem.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-03-2014 at 03:51.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    DS3 sucked, the DS4 on the other hand is better then the 360 in my opinion, the rest of your complaints are ridiculous, just trade it in and get an Xbone or something.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

It'll get better. Just get used to it, it'll take some time. I've had a PS3 since 2008, and I STILL can't be comfortable with the dual shock controller design. I use it mostly fine, just not comfortable with it. My son, on the other hand, he can use the PS3/4 controller just as good as the 360/One controllers. Some get it, some don't. I'm in the "don't" category unfortunately.

The UI. It's different. Again, get used to it.

Logging in...

Go to Settings > Login Settings > Log In To PS4 Automatically (uncheck this)

After that.. whenever you start the PS4, you'll choose the User you want to log in with. Just choose yours. That will log your profile only. You'll have to manually log in to the PSN.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    DS3 sucked, the DS4 on the other hand is better then the 360 in my opinion, the rest of your complaints are ridiculous, just trade it in and get an Xbone or something.
    Yeah the DS4 is just right. Huge improvement.

Super Elite
    I've got to side with the OP actually nothing for PS4 is actually screaming buy me while Sony is still supporting the PS3
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

23. Likes 33x likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    DS4 is godly, best controller I've ever held. As for the battery life its sufficient for me, could be longer but the console will now charge while powered off. I also sit close enough to the unit to plug in while playing.

I just hate the UI, I will always be an XMB kinda guy.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    DS4 is godly, best controller I've ever held. As for the battery life its sufficient for me, could be longer but the console will now charge while powered off. I also sit close enough to the unit to plug in while playing.

I love the XMB. Don't hate the new UI at all though. They had to change it up though. Otherwise, some folks would think it wasn't much different than the PS3. Silly, but true.

Edit: And yeah, the DS4 is awesome. I just shook my head at that comment, but to each their own.
    Last edited by Christopher; 02-03-2014 at 04:19.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post

Sounds stupid but I'd accept advice on how to hold the thing properly. I'm just not getting it. Like I said up top its like neither one thing or the other for me

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I love the XMB. Don't hate the new UI at all though. They had to change it up though. Otherwise, some folks would think it wasn't much different than the PS3. Silly, but true.
    I actually prefer the new UI. The xmb was kind of barren imo. I do hope Sony will implement themes again though.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It'll get better. Just get used to it, it'll take some time. I've had a PS3 since 2008, and I STILL can't be comfortable with the dual shock controller design. I use it mostly fine, just not comfortable with it. My son, on the other hand, he can use the PS3/4 controller just as good as the 360/One controllers. Some get it, some don't. I'm in the "don't" category unfortunately.

The UI. It's different. Again, get used to it.

Logging in...

Go to Settings > Login Settings > Log In To PS4 Automatically (uncheck this)

After that.. whenever you start the PS4, you'll choose the User you want to log in with. Just choose yours. That will log your profile only. You'll have to manually log in to the PSN.
    Thanks. As many prolly know I'm a big PS fan, I don't want to dislike this console, it's what we are stuck with for at least 5 years.

I have those settings already, my PSN auto signs in though

Forum Elder
    When you buy a disc based game it's installed extremely fast and finishes installing while you play and then downloads updates.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67954432.

Wasn't going for comparison but it's all that's out there when you search ps4 game install time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information