Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 135
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,155
    Rep Power
    152
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

    Outlast - (Free for PS+ members)

    This game comes out Tuesday, and this looks like a creepy ass game.






    Best of all, it is free for PS+ members.

  2. #2
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,669
    Rep Power
    96
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Yeah, I can't wait. Been holding off buying it on PC cause I knew it was coming to PS+.

    Now if only I can beat Episode 5 of TWD on Vita, Episode 1 of TWD2 - AND - AC4 before it comes out I can move on without feeling ashamed. Sadly that won't happen..

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    Batman:ArkhamKnightUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  3. #3
    Community and Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,395
    Rep Power
    120
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Wow.....looks like fun! Can't wait to download this.








  4. #4
    Newbie
    Bakemono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    PSN ID
    Serpent_Mage36
    Age
    35
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    10
    I enjoyed watching the Theradbrad's walkthrough of the PC version on Youtube, I might have to join PS+ just so that I can play it.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,186
    Rep Power
    170
    Reminds me of a next gen version of the first Condemned game except that you run away from your enemies and dont get to fight them.

  6. #6
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    31,205
    Rep Power
    200
    looks ok. wish it had guns lol.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,186
    Rep Power
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    looks ok. wish it had guns lol.
    Me too, or at least melee weapons that you can pick up. And thats the thing. You dont ever get to fight your enemy. Youre required to run and hide from all enemy encounters. And that kind of puts me off from this game. But I'll try it since its free.

  8. Likes Malt likes this post
  9. #8
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    31,205
    Rep Power
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Me too, or at least melee weapons that you can pick up. And thats the thing. You dont ever get to fight your enemy. Youre required to run and hide from all enemy encounters. And that kind of puts me off from this game. But I'll try it since its free.
    lol yeah i figured. not surprised. this would've been amazing on the PS3 because i donno, i guess there was still room for games like F.E.A.R. (without weapons of course) but this is a little shallow for my taste. maybe put some depth into it you know?

    it's a neat idea and nothing new but would've been nice if they had done more than "sound effects" and "semi-next-gen graphics", just saying.

  10. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,186
    Rep Power
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol yeah i figured. not surprised. this would've been amazing on the PS3 because i donno, i guess there was still room for games like F.E.A.R. (without weapons of course) but this is a little shallow for my taste. maybe put some depth into it you know? it's a neat idea and nothing new but would've been nice if they had done more than "sound effects" and "semi-next-gen graphics", just saying.
    I agree. Seems kind of shallow and would propably get pretty boring after an hour or so. Heard it runs on Unreal 3 so yeah its a last gen engine. Would've liked it to be more along the lines of the original Condemned game on the 360 gameplay wise.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-03-2014 at 03:57.

  11. #10
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,698
    Rep Power
    99
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    im ready for a horror game




  12. #11
    Superior Member
    Joe Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    53
    I think it looks pretty good and a nice change of pace for the genre. It isn't a very long game to begin with so as long as its free I definitely be checking it out.

    As for Condemned, now that's a series that needs a new sequel. I loved those games.

  13. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
  14. #12
    Selected Members Council
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,613
    Rep Power
    50
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Looks interesting, look forward to giving it a go especially as it's free!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming


  15. #13
    Newbie
    Bakemono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    PSN ID
    Serpent_Mage36
    Age
    35
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    looks ok. wish it had guns lol.
    At the start of the game, it makes it very clear that your character is not a fighter, so you must rely on hiding and evasion.
    Your character goes into it thinking that he is just investigating an abandoned asylum, so its not like he is a zombie hunter or anything.
    I actually think its kind of a cool concept because instead of running through and just killing everything, you have to be smart and figure a way around or through the darkness without getting caught.

  16. #14
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    57
    Not much into horror games, survival on the other hand.....

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  17. #15
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    575
    Rep Power
    14
    Will give it a go seeing as it's free and all.. Like others have said, not sure if I'll be able to take to it with no way to at least defend yourself but I'll give it a try.

  18. #16
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    21
    Items User name style
    This is one of those games that you play late at night. At the same time it will have a good amount of suspense.

  19. #17
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    31,205
    Rep Power
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I agree. Seems kind of shallow and would propably get pretty boring after an hour or so. Heard it runs on Unreal 3 so yeah its a last gen engine. Would've liked it to be more along the lines of the original Condemned game on the 360 gameplay wise.
    ahhh lol i'm so good at that. i could tell it just looked like something PC had for the past few years now. but yea, it's free lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
    At the start of the game, it makes it very clear that your character is not a fighter, so you must rely on hiding and evasion.
    Your character goes into it thinking that he is just investigating an abandoned asylum, so its not like he is a zombie hunter or anything.
    I actually think its kind of a cool concept because instead of running through and just killing everything, you have to be smart and figure a way around or through the darkness without getting caught.
    it's definitely a cool concept...just something is missing. i can't put my finger on it. also the gameplay was very "scripted", so I doubt it will be exactly like that. unless they have cutscenes built-in or something.

  20. #18
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    57
    I'm more interested in Metro:last Light.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  21. #19
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    31,205
    Rep Power
    200
    ^ will that be free for PS+ members?

  22. #20
    Newbie
    Bakemono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    PSN ID
    Serpent_Mage36
    Age
    35
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ahhh lol i'm so good at that. i could tell it just looked like something PC had for the past few years now. but yea, it's free lol.

    it's definitely a cool concept...just something is missing. i can't put my finger on it. also the gameplay was very "scripted", so I doubt it will be exactly like that. unless they have cutscenes built-in or something.
    Theres some cutscenes but I believe theyre all in first person, if its just like the PC version.

  23. #21
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ^ will that be free for PS+ members?
    Yup ! PS3
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...s/?sf1682477=1

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  24. Likes Omar likes this post
  25. #22
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    31,205
    Rep Power
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
    Theres some cutscenes but I believe theyre all in first person, if its just like the PC version.
    seems like a very script-driven game then. can you confirm?

  26. #23
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,752
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Me too, or at least melee weapons that you can pick up. And thats the thing. You dont ever get to fight your enemy. Youre required to run and hide from all enemy encounters. And that kind of puts me off from this game. But I'll try it since its free.
    Then I guess Survival Horror games are not your type, because this is the real Survival Horror kinda game not RE or any other 'Horror' games with guns involved.


  27. #24
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,691
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
    I enjoyed watching the Theradbrad's walkthrough of the PC version on Youtube, I might have to join PS+ just so that I can play it.
    I love Brad's commentaries lol

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  28. #25
    Apprentice
    Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mt. Olympus (North Carolina)
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    15
    I'm pretty sure it comes out on the 5th (Wednesday).

    But I can't wait. Gonna start playing Friday night so I can have no interrupted game time.

    I think guns or weapons would throw the game off for me, anyway.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.