Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Good to have you back Wolf! I checked my PSU mail and I had one of those mailer daemon mails that you get when you mail an inactive account. I didn't see it because...well my PSU mailbox gets gangbanged on a daily basis. Was your mail down at any time? Anyway, I'm sorry it took a prolonged amount of time to get you back on board.

Now, my tip for you is don't use your PSU password on all those adult sites you visit...people will suss you out and make a bee line straight to this site!!!
    The sites I look at are so dirty you don't have to have a password . . .

I'm just joking!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    And Ghost, thank you for forgiving me.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    And Ghost, thank you for forgiving me.
    There's no forgiveness necessary Black, I'm just sorry that such a trivial and fast process turned into a prolonged fuss and glad that all is now sorted.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Hey, glad to see you back. Sorry your issues weren't resolved.

We now have Chris C looking after our technical stuff so we'll make sure your issues are addressed.

Welcome back!
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    So.... what about that "Better PSU"

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Hey, glad to see you back. Sorry your issues weren't resolved.

We now have Chris C looking after our technical stuff so we'll make sure your issues are addressed.

Welcome back!
    TBW sent me a PM about her remaining issues. I will get them resolved tonight.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Welcome back! The NFL thread is happy to have you again! (That bloody counting thread are our main rivals..must do something about those fools...soon....)

Also regarding Trolls: "We will destroy, we will rebuild..."

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Welcome back, TBW! Hope to see you writing again, miss seeing your reviews

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    This forum <3 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

10. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    too many good feelings make me want to kill a kitten.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You suck. You're a moron. I hate your guts.

<kitten saved>
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Extreme Poster
    good point.

14. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm kinda the same, but for me too many good feelings make me wanna bang a $#@!.

16. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    i do bang pussies when i'm mad.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm kinda the same, but for me too many good feelings make me wanna bang a $#@!.
    i do bang pussies when i'm mad.
    Lol..

Sufi I would have thought having kids would have cured you of that lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    lol i could not like that comment (button missing).

you're right, this kid rules my life :S

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Well i understand OP. Have the same feelings. This forum seems to go downhills. Just a rude and unprofessional behavior from everyone (me included), scary stories about mods and staffs who abusing their power, dumb console wars and flames in almost every topic. This forum was something special in the beginning of PS3 era. Now it feels like an average gaming forum where console warriors just fight each other. Maybe im wrong and its just my nostalgia but i hope we get back to those old days. Even more so when you considering that some reps from Sony and maybe even MS lurking around here to get a glimpse of what the fanbase thinks about specific topics. PSU should be proud of their topics and posts not ashamed.
    Last edited by bariton1; 02-17-2014 at 21:17.

21. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Well i understand OP. Have the same feelings. This forum seems to go downhills. Just a rude and unprofessional behavior from everyone (me included), scary stories about mods and staffs who abusing their power, dumb console wars and flames in almost every topic. This forum was something special in the beginning of PS3 era. Now it feels like an average gaming forum where console warriors just fight each other. Maybe im wrong and its just my nostalgia but i hope we get back to those old days. Even more so when you considering that some reps from Sony and maybe even MS lurking around here to get a glimpse of what the fanbase thinks about specific topics. PSU should be proud of their topics and posts not ashamed.
    That's actually pretty accurate .

Extreme Poster
    let's be honest, while the owner(s) may care about the website and may be trying their best, it is just not enough, not nearly. we should work to fix the forums first and then move on to other things. forums should be priority. more people, more money.

then they should venture into PSU and whatever else they want to. fix the base first, the foundation. and to me, it doesn't seem like they're either interested or have the investment or want to invest.

you can't fix it without spending some amount of money. there's no way possible that they don't make any money on this website that they could possibly reinvest back into it and get it fixed up. oh all the writers are taking up the money? (that is if they're not already working for free) or podcast/vlog/episodes taking up money? Ok, then put that on hold and fix the forums first.

i can guarantee that one good programmer could turn this around for everyone, it doesn't need a dozen people's ideas on how to fix it, it needs the right ideas.

we have spoken over years and while some things are heard and fixed, many aren't. so i'm just going to assume that they're happy with where they're at and don't care to further the website into something it could be. opportunity cost is an important concept and i'm positive that if everyone understood this concept from the core, we wouldn't have as many failed or mediocre businesses.

someone needs to take charge and get to the bottom of all issues, no, it can be done, stop making excuses, it's just a damn forum lol. not rocket science.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    let's be honest, while the owner(s) may care about the website and may be trying their best, it is just not enough, not nearly. we should work to fix the forums first and then move on to other things. forums should be priority. more people, more money.

then they should venture into PSU and whatever else they want to. fix the base first, the foundation. and to me, it doesn't seem like they're either interested or have the investment or want to invest.

you can't fix it without spending some amount of money. there's no way possible that they don't make any money on this website that they could possibly reinvest back into it and get it fixed up. oh all the writers are taking up the money? (that is if they're not already working for free) or podcast/vlog/episodes taking up money? Ok, then put that on hold and fix the forums first.

i can guarantee that one good programmer could turn this around for everyone, it doesn't need a dozen people's ideas on how to fix it, it needs the right ideas.

we have spoken over years and while some things are heard and fixed, many aren't. so i'm just going to assume that they're happy with where they're at and don't care to further the website into something it could be. opportunity cost is an important concept and i'm positive that if everyone understood this concept from the core, we wouldn't have as many failed or mediocre businesses.

someone needs to take charge and get to the bottom of all issues, no, it can be done, stop making excuses, it's just a damn forum lol. not rocket science.
    The forums are like a small speck compared to the actual PSU site, when it comes to, well, just about every aspect of visitors, finances, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The forums are like a small speck compared to the actual PSU site, when it comes to, well, just about every aspect of visitors, finances, etc.
    How long ago was it that PS lifestyle dropped their forums?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    How long ago was it that PS lifestyle dropped their forums?
    I dunno. I'm not what your point is lol. Help me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I dunno. I'm not what your point is lol. Help me!!!
    lol....sorry for being cryptic, dude. I was trying to reinforce the point you made.

Thankful PSU sees more from our community than just dollar signs. That is the impression I get anyway.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    lol....sorry for being cryptic, dude. I was trying to reinforce the point you made.

Thankful PSU sees more from our community than just dollar signs. That is the impression I get anyway.
    Oh ok, lol. I was confused, and banging my head to figure out what you meant lol. I'm not a big "make money" kinda guy, so forums have always been my thing. I could have made a few thousand a month when irshell.org was going good... I didn't want to do it because I hate ads lol. So... I didn't do it. I lived. Any money I made from pspf and tvg, was put back in to the site with give-a-ways, etc.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

The sad truth is that the forums only generate a marginal amount of money for the site and as has been previously discussed elsewhere, they are becoming an antiquated form of community engagement given the rise of social media. Most of our money comes from the front page and the even sadder truth is that most of the members at this forum who want growth don't care in the slightest about the side of this site that makes money. Hardly anyone gets behind the content we make or supports us in any way. The podcast, our Youtube channel are ignored for the most part and people give other sites money by linking their articles instead of ours. We aren't rolling in money and in fact some who were getting paid are now not. ALL of our writers and editors work for free and always have. PSU is the underdog in the gaming website world that is powered 98% by people who do it for the love of it.

Anyone in the community who wants an improved forum experience can help most by taking more of an interest in the content we produce and by getting it out there via whatever social media they're on, by linking to and discussing our articles and so on cause that's where the money is going to come from. More article views = more $$$ and more $$$ = reinvestment in the site.

People have taken charge and are getting to the bottom of all the issues. Chris is in the process of making us a new homepage and it looks amazing. It's a modern, mobile friendly, responsive site and is the next bastion of hope for us climbing out of the rut we're in and moving upward.

But yeah, that's the state of it...PSU is a small website without the backing of larger syndicated sites with a community that is awesome and unique but almost completely indifferent about supporting the site's sole source of income but there are a group of people working damn hard,for free, to try and change our current predicament and 2014 is looking to be a time of big change for us.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-18-2014 at 04:57.

30. Likes Christopher likes this post

Thread Information