Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53
  1. #26
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,243
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    67,075 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep theres a reason its number one. And I agree that the nicely upgraded graphics really ratches up the immersion factor on the PS4 version. I love the frequent gunfights and getting to upgrade your weapons. Also the seat of your pants moments and running across burning rooftops with amazing fire and particle effects and explosions was just wow. Definitley an amazing game worth every cent.
    Exactly. And it has just enough "tomb raiding" to break up the action. In Lethal's review thread I said it wasn't quite at the Naughty Dog level, but pretty damn close. That is some high praise, but I think this game is worthy of it. It borrows a lot from Last of Us and Uncharted (which ironic since Uncharted borrowed the TR theme entirely) with scavenging, action sequences, and overall cinematic presentation. A game like this doesn't come around very often.

    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    How far are you through it out of curiosity?
    Over half way I think
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  2. #27
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Exactly. And it has just enough "tomb raiding" to break up the action. In Lethal's review thread I said it wasn't quite at the Naughty Dog level, but pretty damn close. That is some high praise, but I think this game is worthy of it. It borrows a lot from Last of Us and Uncharted (which ironic since Uncharted borrowed the TR theme entirely) with scavenging, action sequences, and overall cinematic presentation. A game like this doesn't come around very often. Over half way I think
    Yep I love the Uncharted vibe from this game while still being a Tomb Raider game. A true gem.

  3. #28
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Man, you guys make the last gen version sound like a dog.
    But you know it's you dollars, if you feel slapping a few extra visual effects and higher bump maps from the PC version is worthy of you money, that's your choice.
    But don't try and tell me it changes the gameplay in anyway.
    I still feel this game tries to be jack of all trades and master of none,it doesn't do exploration particularly well, it doesn't do stealth very well, and it does an ok job of shooting. Im pretty sure I played it on the hardest difficulty, and didn't find it challenging, but thats just my opinion, to each his own.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-04-2014 at 00:22.

  4. #29
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,239
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    31,214 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not making the mistake of buying a cross gen title again (bf4, my first and last). I played the game on ps3 and finished it, definitely not worth it for me to play it again

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  5. #30
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Not making the mistake of buying a cross gen title again (bf4, my first and last). I played the game on ps3 and finished it, definitely not worth it for me to play it again

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    To be honest, that's why I'm waiting at least a year before I look at next gen, too many games I can just buy on the current gen.
    I was thinking about it the other day, and suddenly realized s it is going to take something like a next gen only of Mass Effect to get my blood pumping for next gen.

  6. #31
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Man, you guys make the last gen version sound like a dog. But you know it's you dollars, if you feel slapping a few extra visual effects and higher bump maps from the PC version is worthy of you money, that's your choice. But don't try and tell me it changes the gameplay in anyway. I still feel this game tries to be jack of all trades and master of none,it doesn't do exploration particularly well, it doesn't do stealth very well, and it does an ok job of shooting. Im pretty sure I played it on the hardest difficulty, and didn't find it challenging, but thats just my opinion, to each his own.
    Top of the sales charts so alot of people obviously disagree with you. But like you said to each his own. Your loss imo. Speaking of loss the topic of this thread sure got lost. PS4 version kicking the $#@! out of the xbone version in sales.That was originally the topic anyway . Mynd steered us all away from that one. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-04-2014 at 00:33.

  7. #32
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,243
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    67,075 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Man, you guys make the last gen version sound like a dog.
    lol....and you've been so nice to the current gen version.

    But you know it's you dollars, if you feel slapping a few extra visual effects and higher bump maps from the PC version is worthy of you money, that's your choice.
    But don't try and tell me it changes the gameplay in anyway.
    I still feel this game tries to be jack of all trades and master of none,it doesn't do exploration particularly well, it doesn't do stealth very well, and it does an ok job of shooting. Im pretty sure I played it on the hardest difficulty, and didn't find it challenging, but thats just my opinion, to each his own.
    Did I say it changed the gameplay? Nope. I think it makes the game much more enjoyable. You don't like it as much.....geez, we get it!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  8. #33
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    lol....and you've been so nice to the current gen version. Did I say it changed the gameplay? Nope. I think it makes the game much more enjoyable. You don't like it as much.....geez, we get it!
    Yep and the last gen version IS a dog compared to the next gen one.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-04-2014 at 00:38.

  9. #34
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Top of the sales charts so alot of people obviously disagree with you. But like you said to each his own. Your loss imo. Speaking of loss the topic of this thread sure got lost. PS4 version kicking the $#@! out of the xbone version in sales.That was originally the topic anyway . Mynd steered us all away from that one. lol
    Yeah but 69% of what though?
    I heard the other day that PS+ membership have now quadrupled for Sony.
    That doesn't say much for where they started however. Percentages always sound better than numbers.

  10. #35
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yeah but 69% of what though? I heard the other day that PS+ membership have now quadrupled for Sony. That doesn't say much for where they started however. Percentages always sound better than numbers.
    69 percent of copies sold in UK obviously. Well over half.

  11. #36
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    69 percent of copies sold in UK obviously. Well over half.
    And what were we expecting, doesn't the PS4 outsell the Xbox 1.5:1 at the moment in the UK?
    Which would mean a 60/40 split.
    I guess you could get buzzed for the extra 9%? But this is well within were you would expect number to be isn't it?

  12. #37
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And what were we expecting, doesn't the PS4 outsell the Xbox 1.5:1 at the moment in the UK? Which would mean a 60/40 split. I guess you could get buzzed for the extra 9%? But this is well within were you would expect number to be isn't it?
    Lol So either way is good news for Sony and the PS4. Awesome. Ok now, wrestling is coming on in about 5 minutes so gotta go. Dont wanna miss the story. lol Been alot of fun. See ya.

  13. #38
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,243
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    67,075 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And what were we expecting, doesn't the PS4 outsell the Xbox 1.5:1 at the moment in the UK?
    Which would mean a 60/40 split.
    I guess you could get buzzed for the extra 9%? But this is well within were you would expect number to be isn't it?
    PS4 version selling 9 points over the console ratio. X1 selling 9 points under the console ratio. 18 point swing.

    Edit: Wait.....wouldn't 1.5:1 be a 66/33 split?
    Last edited by Christopher; 02-04-2014 at 00:59.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  14. #39
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,239
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    31,214 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And what were we expecting, doesn't the PS4 outsell the Xbox 1.5:1 at the moment in the UK?
    Which would mean a 60/40 split.
    I guess you could get buzzed for the extra 9%? But this is well within were you would expect number to be isn't it?
    But you where making a big deal about American xb1 owners buying more games than ps4 owners...so why should this be irrelevant?

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  15. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  16. #40
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    PS4 version selling 9 points over the console ratio. X1 selling 9 points under the console ratio. 18 point swing.
    And what does that point to?
    More Xbox owners traditionally owning the game on a previous version?
    Xbox owners playing other stuff?
    Xbox owners are tight bastards?

    Meh, it doesn't really mean anything, a re-released game doesn't tell you anything.

  17. #41
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,766
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,367 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yeah but 69% of what though?
    I heard the other day that PS+ membership have now quadrupled for Sony.
    That doesn't say much for where they started however. Percentages always sound better than numbers.
    Thats what i said. It doesn't say how many copies the game sold. I enjoyed the heck out of the game on PC, but I don't see myself buying it again for consoles. Definitely not at that price.

  18. #42
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    But you where making a big deal about American xb1 owners buying more games than ps4 owners...so why should this be irrelevant?

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Because that is a generic/flat stat, on all new games/systems tie in ratio?
    This is a stat that doesn't mean anything, its not a tie in ratio, for all we know 5,000 copies were sold, its not ratiod to anything.

  19. #43
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,243
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    67,075 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And what does that point to?
    More Xbox owners traditionally owning the game on a previous version?
    Xbox owners playing other stuff?
    Xbox owners are tight bastards?

    Meh, it doesn't really mean anything, a re-released game doesn't tell you anything.
    Uh....no. It points to the fact that PS4 games are outselling X1 games. Pretty much across the board if I'm reading that list correctly. But you are right......as expected.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  20. #44
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Uh....no. It points to the fact that PS4 games are outselling X1 games. Pretty much across the board if I'm reading that list correctly.
    And thats a fact.

  21. #45
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    And thats a fact.
    Indeed.

  22. #46
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,920
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    21,394 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    These next gen systems are really quite cheap this time round, if you have one I don't see any logical reason why you'd buy a ugly PS3 version over a beautiful PS4.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  23. #47
    Veteran
    Pong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,408
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    4,071 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And what does that point to?
    More Xbox owners traditionally owning the game on a previous version?
    Xbox owners playing other stuff?
    Xbox owners are tight bastards?

    Meh, it doesn't really mean anything, a re-released game doesn't tell you anything.
    Could also be:

    Xbox owners don't like the low FPS performance in the new version?

    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    These next gen systems are really quite cheap this time round, if you have one I don't see any logical reason why you'd buy a ugly PS3 version over a beautiful PS4.
    If I didn't already have a PS3, I wouldn't be in the market for one right now... that is for sure. I have one more game to play before I'm ready to replace my PS3 with a PS4
    Last edited by Pong; 02-05-2014 at 21:09.

  24. #48
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,147
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    102,271 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And what does that point to?
    More Xbox owners traditionally owning the game on a previous version?
    Xbox owners playing other stuff?
    Xbox owners are tight bastards?

    Meh, it doesn't really mean anything, a re-released game doesn't tell you anything.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that the X1 version isn't equal in performance and quality and the overall better sales of the PS4.

    because the PS3 version sold more or equal to the 360 version. so no, it can't be that they already own the game any more than the PS3 users.

  25. #49
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    TR only lasted at #1 for one week; has dropped to 4th place.




  26. #50
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,147
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    102,271 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i bet the top games are BF/COD or one of the sports games.

  27. Likes F34R likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.