Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    remember Mass Effect? (hehe ME2 and 3 were published by EA), First one was XBOX exclusive, 2 and 3 were on PS3 and ME1 was released on PS3 too.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Not even sure if this is real. The twitter page doesn't exist anymore.
    I'm just guessing here but I don't think they would be allowed to say that, so I could see it being taken down quickly.

This is a big xb1 game so any hint of sony getting it wouldn't be good.

I imagine that person that tweeted that is answering some uncomfortable questions today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it's 6v6? O_O

see, i would give this game or any shooter a try if it were massive...i can't go lower than 32 players on next-gen. 32 should be the minimum and if the shooter has smaller maps. 6v6 was ok for Search & Destroy on COD because it had small maps and it was a tactical mode...otherwise, we had 8v8 back in 2001...i can't see why they can't go over that.

especially since we have dedicated servers now and didn't they already state that they couldn't do this game except on azure servers? lol. you'd think it was an MMOFPS...6v6 lol.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Titanfall. Meh 6 v 6. That's so ps2 days.
    And only 720p despite running on an old engine (Source engine ).

Extreme Poster
    i guess it really is 6v6. never knew that.

"What about high player counts makes that more fun, though? I honestly want to know,
    What? LOL. newb comment. i guess most developers going massive next-gen are idiots. i guess there's no need for dedicated servers.

because this kind of stuff is super important and we obsess over it every day," McCoy said in response. "None of us are deluded enough to think we're making a game that fits every gamer. We're making a game we think is badass, and hope other people do it.
    yeah, good luck with that. but you know what, i'll give it benefit of the doubt because COD was 6v6 if i recall correctly and is now 9v9 next-gen.

i guess most people don't care about the player count. i do.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    The more I learn of the game the more unimpressed I am.

It's a full priced game that's somehow online only. No singleplayer story. $#@! that. It's not like this is some MMORPG that's going to give you thousands of hours of content over the years. This is an FPS whose player base will shrink greatly after a year or less once a new Battlefield of Duty hits the market.

And its 6 vs 6 tops, with graphics that are average for next gen to boot.

And on a more personal, subjective note I'm not a fan of the primitive mech designs either, but that's just me.

Planetside 2 impresses me a lot more, and its free to play too.

7. Likes Christopher , mistercrow, Demi_God likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    so this game won awards based on what? acrobats? i think we need an overhaul in the system of judging a game. they are awarding a game that does not have next-gen features, it just has an innovative way to play. that's all they got the awards for? they must not have had much competition during E3.

9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i guess most people don't care about the player count. i do.
    Yeah, 6v6 is very sad. And this game had so much hype in the beginning. I mean really, The vita could handle 6v6

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Yeah, 6v6 is very sad. And this game had so much hype in the beginning. I mean really, The vita could handle 6v6
    I'm positive the Vita could handle 32 players. PS2 had a 32 player game. In theory, the Vita could also handle an MMO...it's really a server-side issue. do we have enough bandwidth? 6v6 is a developer issue.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    so this game won awards based on what? acrobats? i think we need an overhaul in the system of judging a game. they are awarding a game that does not have next-gen features, it just has an innovative way to play. that's all they got the awards for? they must not have had much competition during E3.
    Lots of hype and a cool name.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    Same here.

But why do I get the feeling there's going to be accusations of "but it's only because it's XBox exclusive yadda yadda"? Oh right because it's happened here before already...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda

I do care about it...

Playstation can use more sci-fi shooters, Kill Zone is just average at best. One of Xbox Strengths is the great sci-fi shooters like Gears of War and Halo, if Sony cant find people to make good sci-fi FPS, they need to get on board with 3rd parties that make them.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Same here. But why do I get the feeling there's going to be accusations of "but it's only because it's XBox exclusive yadda yadda"? Oh right because it's happened here before already...
    Definitley. Anybody that doesnt jump aboard the hype train will be labelled a hater and a Sony fanboy. Like you said it already happened in another Titanfall thread.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by funkybudda View Post
    Playstation can use more sci-fi shooters, Kill Zone is just average at best. One of Xbox Strengths is the great sci-fi shooters like Gears of War and Halo, if Sony cant find people to make good sci-fi FPS, they need to get on board with 3rd parties that make them.
    that's an excellent point. Titanfall still has a niche there. though very surprised it got all the awards when it's showing something new but nothing game-changing and 6v6 is unbelieveable.

Sony will be getting Planet Side 2, which is going to be more than awesome for me as it is an MMO and it plays somewhat like Halo from the looks of it. Halo 1, not the other ones :S

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Subjective. I really enjoy the KZ series. It has its faults but still solid imo. Gears series totally hit a wall. The first two were great but the last two suffered from IP fatigue. So I wouldn't use Gears as an example of a great sci fi shooter. Halo I'll agree with though. Theres still alot of ways to go with that one.

Extreme Poster
    Basically for me, Planet Side 2 is going to be what I wanted Halo to be after the first. That's what Bungie should've done...not a fan of Destiny yet.

I always say this and it doesn't turn out true (so and so game will fill up the Halo gap for me lol) so hopefully PS2 will. i have played a bit of it...the only gripe i have is that it "seems" as though there are no towns...it's just a big battleground, i'd love to be proven wrong here though...but i haven't so far seen normal towns in the game. just hubs that do not look like towns.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Wow really? I think Destiny looks pretty cool and it might be my first multiplayer focused game I buy for more than $10.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Extreme Poster
    So far they haven't shown anything out of the ordinary. I don't get what the hype is all about.

Forum Sage

Seems this game is getting a lot of hate for only being 6v6!?

Personally, Big games are great. I've been playing BF with 64 players for the last 3 years, I've tried Planetside 2 and i've played on games where the player count is upto 1000 players - not including MMOs. If a game is built around 6v6 I have no problem with it. Having a large number for players doesn't instantly increase the joy from the game.

Perhaps some of you are new to the big online games and haven't played enough of them yet, i don't know.

If you look at any game that has a very strong competitive element than you'd see that most of those games have a low player count. What was Halo, 4v4 on standard TDM? Counter strike, probably one of the most competitive games ever is locked to 5v5 and Quake is locked at 4v4 maximum for really competitive games if not 1v1. go look at any real competitive shooter and tell me which one has more than 6 players a side.

I actually like the idea that it is only 6v6, I wish it didn't include computer AI at all. With small games you have a much bigger chance to have a bigger impact on how your team plays. How many times have you played a game of BF3/4 and been in the top squad yet you still lose because the rest of your team is filled with $#@!ing clowns?

This to me seems like if you're playing with friends you can have a really good organised game and take down unorganised teams with ease. More players =/= Better game.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Seems this game is getting a lot of hate for only being 6v6!?

Personally, Big games are great. I've been playing BF with 64 players for the last 3 years, I've tried Planetside 2 and i've played on games where the player count is upto 1000 players - not including MMOs. If a game is built around 6v6 I have no problem with it. Having a large number for players doesn't instantly increase the joy from the game.

Perhaps some of you are new to the big online games and haven't played enough of them yet, i don't know.

If you look at any game that has a very strong competitive element than you'd see that most of those games have a low player count. What was Halo, 4v4 on standard TDM? Counter strike, probably one of the most competitive games ever is locked to 5v5 and Quake is locked at 4v4 maximum for really competitive games if not 1v1. go look at any real competitive shooter and tell me which one has more than 6 players a side.

I actually like the idea that it is only 6v6, I wish it didn't include computer AI at all. With small games you have a much bigger chance to have a bigger impact on how your team plays. How many times have you played a game of BF3/4 and been in the top squad yet you still lose because the rest of your team is filled with $#@!ing clowns?

This to me seems like if you're playing with friends you can have a really good organised game and take down unorganised teams with ease. More players =/= Better game.
    I'm sorry but that's a load of BS, with all due respect. I've played shooters my entire life and I have played MMOs. One can argue that they are different sort of games, yes but increasing the number "does" increase fun instantly imo. Yes, you don't want 64 players on COD maps (although i would love to try that) but having a larger amount of players ALSO increases the competition. BF4 is hell of a lot more challenging as a 64 player game than it was as a 24 player game.

Halo 4v4 was great but it would be immensely amazing if it were an MMO or a 64 player game. Halo nowadays would not work as well at 4v4 because people want more out of online games. it worked for its time but that's also because it had an amazing gameplay, it was evolutionary for its time. Is Titanfall evolutionary? I wouldn't even call it revolutionary. It's innovative at best. COD was revolutionary, Titanfall goes a bit beyond it, it's innovative.

I respectfully disagree. this is coming from a person who has just about played all kinds of shooters out there with all kinds of player count.

Massive games are the future whether you agree or not. DayZ would be $#@! if it were anything less than massive. The Division would not have garnered my attention and I'm sure a lot of others' if it weren't massive. GTA 5 would "immensely" be better with 64 players or more.

You yourself talked about Just Cause 2 being awesome due to a 2000 player count. Don't turn your statement now

I guess I can understand a low player count in some situations...tactical games maybe but even then...that's arguable now that we have the ability to provide bigger games with higher player count...i could see tactical games getting away with 32 players but i donno anything less than 24...that's just too low for a shooter.

now, for a different genre, i won't go there because that's per genre basis or per game basis. would i want GT games to be massive? hell yeah. that's just me though. hell, i was expecting Motorstorm 1 (2007) to be massive and it was only 16 players lol...from the target video, they gave an impression that it was going to be...yeah, last-gen was somewhat a disappointment overall for me and why i decided to make a PC for gaming after watching Planet Side 2 preview on this forum.

Forum Sage

I'm sorry but that's a load of BS, with all due respect. I've played shooters my entire life and I have played MMOs. One can argue that they are different sort of games, yes but increasing the number "does" increase fun instantly imo. Yes, you don't want 64 players on COD maps (although i would love to try that) but having a larger amount of players ALSO increases the competition. BF4 is hell of a lot more challenging as a 64 player game than it was as a 24 player game.

Halo 4v4 was great but it would be immensely amazing if it were an MMO or a 64 player game. Halo nowadays would not work as well at 4v4 because people want more out of online games. it worked for its time but that's also because it had an amazing gameplay, it was evolutionary for its time. Is Titanfall evolutionary? I wouldn't even call it revolutionary. It's innovative at best. COD was revolutionary, Titanfall goes a bit beyond it, it's innovative.

I respectfully disagree. this is coming from a person who has just about played all kinds of shooters out there with all kinds of player count.

Massive games are the future whether you agree or not. DayZ would be $#@! if it were anything less than massive. The Division would not have garnered my attention and I'm sure a lot of others' if it weren't massive. GTA 5 would "immensely" be better with 64 players or more.

You yourself talked about Just Cause 2 being awesome due to a 2000 player count. Don't turn your statement now

I guess I can understand a low player count in some situations...tactical games maybe but even then...that's arguable now that we have the ability to provide bigger games with higher player count...i could see tactical games getting away with 32 players but i donno anything less than 24...that's just too low for a shooter.

now, for a different genre, i won't go there because that's per genre basis or per game basis. would i want GT games to be massive? hell yeah. that's just me though. hell, i was expecting Motorstorm 1 (2007) to be massive and it was only 16 players lol...from the target video, they gave an impression that it was going to be...yeah, last-gen was somewhat a disappointment overall for me and why i decided to make a PC for gaming after watching Planet Side 2 preview on this forum.
    it just had to be you didn't it One post before I go out.

*ahem*
    Good news, I've also played shooters since Doom was released (without mouse look. Urgh) so between us we have many good years experience with shooters.

I completely disagree. If a game is designed around 12 players, then that's how it should be played. I don't look at a game and think "Oh gee, if that had 64+ players it would be awesome". I don't need every game to have big player counts. It doesn't really increase the competition as you say, it just gives you more targets to shoot at. Not the same as increasing competition. You've only just got your PS4 so 64 player matches are (probably) new to you and probably still have that new car smell. I've never once thought BF4 was great because of the player count. I thought it was great the way it was designed. If it was the same game but designed around 24 players would I still enjoy it? $#@! yes.

But Halo was never designed to be an MMO. It was designed to be a competitive team shooter, which it excels at.
    If people want more out of multiplayer games then why are competitive games always having such a low player count? Not a FPS but LoL and to a lesser extent DoTA2 two of THE most competitive games out right now... why are they only 5v5? Tell me of a single competitive game that has above 20 players? Go on... I'll wait.

I'll take a game designed around 6v6 than a game shoehorning in tens of multiples of players 'just because'.

You can disagree all you like, that is the beauty of opinions.

Games that are desgined to be massive might be the future. I think it's very naive to think all games need to go massive though. As i've said multiple times. Competitive games thrive of small teams. Not big ones. There's a time and place for big games and yes I love them, but they aren't the be all and end all to me. Why have I only put several hours into PS2 yet that game is colossal? It's got thousands of players, surely that should be the best game ever... no?

FYI when I play DayZ I tend to stick to servers with only 52 players rather than go on the ones with 100+ players. So no, your logic really doesn't work well with DayZ. So DayZ is actually very far from what I consider massive. Would GTA V be better with more people? Probably because it has such a big map. But that doesn't work for all games.

Oh... JC2 is an amazing experience with thousands of players. $#@! it's good fun just playing it multiplayer. But there is a time and a place for it. I don't want every game I play to be a cluster$#@! of players. If I want to play with thousands of players I'll just load up Guild Wars 2 or SWTOR.

I disagree that anything less than 24 is too low for a shooter. It's all about how a game is designed.

As I keep brining it up - There are reasons why competitive shooters have low player counts. CS:S supports up 32 players per server yet 5v5 is still the go to mode. Why is that?

25. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    I will be responding to that once i come home.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sony already has one of the best sci-fi shooter on any platform.

I'm basically a DUSTpedia and have been playing/following the game since closed beta so I can say with authoritah that while the newer current gen shooters have flashier graphics (for now), the underlaying basis and foundation of D514 $#@!s all over them. That's even before you take into account that it's set in the sci-fi goldmine that is EVE Online.

Extreme Poster
    ewwww Ghost! why!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I am of the opinion that more doesn't necessarily always mean better.

I have played COD 2 CTF with 64 players and its a cluster $#@!, a mess, no way of actually winning its just spawn die spawn, die, spawn die. Futile.

I have played Counter strike with 32 players and again its a mess with no real strategy or fun element.

Half life 2 death match with any more than 16 players is a mess too, weapons and ammo are practically non existent because someone is always picking it up meaning you run out of ammo fast and stuck with the weapons you spawn with.

These problems occur because the games were not designed with that many players in mind The maps are too small, maybe if they were larger it could work better but still the base game, health, ammo, damage per second and etc are finely tweaked for the default amoutn of players, 16 (8v8) for HL2, 10 (5v5) for CS and COD I am not sure but it certainly isn't 32v32.

I will be responding to that once i come home.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-04-2014 at 21:26.

Thread Information