Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 88
  1. #51
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,875
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,812,637 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ewwww Ghost! why!
    I know few here give a toss about D514 but it is in many respects a lot better than most other shooters out there. Well, that is if deep customisation and tactics is something you appreciate in a sci-fi FPS. I know that many roll their eyes when I bring the game up but it is making huge progress month by month and is more than worthy of mention.

  2. #52
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,618
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,466 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ..

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  3. #53
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeah $#@!in watch out is all i'm saying you brits lol.

  4. #54
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,297
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    32,619 (0 Banked)
    A year down the road from the original release and Titanfall will likely be competing with some pretty big hitters. In short, though I'd like to play it at the moment; I'm not convinced I'll feel that way in 2015 - Destiny and Division are 2 that I'll be much more hyped for.

  5. #55
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,471 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    I don't know why, but I'm not excited for the console version of this game.. Something about narrow streets, the fast pace, parkour and it being fps-game on top of that.

    The game on its own I find interesting. I might get it on PC if I'm not bothered by the fact that it's on origin.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  6. #56
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    It has alot to prove in my eyes. 50/50 for me.


  7. #57
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,618
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,466 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thus far it just looks like an Acrobatic CoD with mechs and I had my fill of CoD a long time ago. Assuming it'll have a beta/demo/free weekend on steam I'll of course check it out on PC but I don't give it much hope for being anything more.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  8. #58
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    it just had to be you didn't it One post before I go out.

    *ahem*
    Good news, I've also played shooters since Doom was released (without mouse look. Urgh) so between us we have many good years experience with shooters.

    I completely disagree. If a game is designed around 12 players, then that's how it should be played. I don't look at a game and think "Oh gee, if that had 64+ players it would be awesome". I don't need every game to have big player counts. It doesn't really increase the competition as you say, it just gives you more targets to shoot at. Not the same as increasing competition. You've only just got your PS4 so 64 player matches are (probably) new to you and probably still have that new car smell. I've never once thought BF4 was great because of the player count. I thought it was great the way it was designed. If it was the same game but designed around 24 players would I still enjoy it? $#@! yes.
    No I'm saying, it does increase the competition. I played BF4 on PS3 and then I was tired of how limited the gameplay was (not to mention the maps were smaller), half of the perk system did not work and most of the maps areas were not utilized well. you never had back up, you always had to do everything on the PS3 version because you were given a huge map with a small player count.

    and as far as game being designed for certain amounts of players...if you design it well, the more the player count, the better. that is where the future is. you're thinking inside the box, not outside. yes, you can have a game like DayZ that has a lower player count and has smaller maps, yeah, you wouldn't want massive players there, you'd call that game L4D. I'm trying to make a point here. I know L4D is nothing like DayZ but one of the attractive features of the game are that it is massive. L4D3 would not likely bring in as many people as DayZ is right now because while they both may be created for their respective player count, DayZ is likely going to still be more popular because that game is just made for more interaction and more random events.

    the trend is towards massive games. so while it's fine that a game like this has 6v6, i'm not saying they should go ahead and make it 32v32...because i'm sure the maps aren't that big...the point is that maybe if they had, from the core design, built a game that was designed for 32v32...at least...you'd probably see a lot more excitement towards it. i can't fathom why people so far have so much hype for a game that is 6v6...i don't get it. it's not a tactical shooter...it's not one of those games where you are tightly knitted. this is COD with acrobats and mechs! it's not going to have strategy or depth! not nearly as much as BF games.

    so yes, I don't think 6v6 was a good idea. imagine being on a vast battlefield with tons of mechs and war machines, and then you had the ability to be a badass soldier who can run around the battlefield by doing all of these acrobats and taking out these big mechs with skill...it would be a totally different game and probably would have more potential. you have to think outside the box.

    But Halo was never designed to be an MMO. It was designed to be a competitive team shooter, which it excels at.
    you're telling me that bloodgulch wouldn't be $#@!ing fun as hell with at least 32 players? hell naw man. Halo was amazing for its time and it did well with 4v4 because we were still at a very early stages for multiplayer consoles. also, i really meant to say that the game with massive maps and massive battles was what i wanted out of the sequels. it never happened. that's what Planet Side 2 is to me. a massive Halo game. i have wanted a good massive shooter since PS3 was launched. not necessarily a sci-fi but it will do for now.

    If people want more out of multiplayer games then why are competitive games always having such a low player count? Not a FPS but LoL and to a lesser extent DoTA2 two of THE most competitive games out right now... why are they only 5v5? Tell me of a single competitive game that has above 20 players? Go on... I'll wait.
    that's because they didn't have the technology or means to charge people for the higher count. nor did they have the processing power to do so. you'd need dedicated servers for higher player count. tell me one game that does 64+ players without dedicated servers. no one wants to make a game for consoles that can't run without dedicated servers (until now anyway) because they would have to charge you for it. it's expensive and the game would be difficult to make with a higher count.

    I'll take a game designed around 6v6 than a game shoehorning in tens of multiples of players 'just because'.
    i wouldn't either lol but i never said that.

    You can disagree all you like, that is the beauty of opinions.
    i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm trying to show you my point of view. we're not really talking about the same things here. i actually agree with what you are saying. when i think of 6v6, i think...ok, unless it's a tactical shooter, you really should have at least 12v12...for next-gen...even in a twitchy game like titanfall/COD. even COD made their count 9v9 from 6v6. even COD on previous gen had a 9v9 mode.

    unless it's a corridor shooter, i think they just cheaped out on this. they probably wanted to keep the costs low. that's all i can think of. the maps look big enough to me. but yeah, i'm not saying they should just increase the count to 64 players...but i would have loved the game if they had designed around more players...because yes, i would say that would be a lot more fun.

    because then you would have the ability to have transporters, different classes, ranks amongst soldiers...a commander...so much potential there. i just don't care for that little of a count. not unless it's Rainbow Six. but like i was saying, if they designed it well, they could easily make a 24 player tactical shooter and likely above. you just have to design it well. yes, it is "more" difficult to make a game that is massive like that but that's why we progress in the industry. we push the boundaries. it's those games that should win the awards. not the ones that are doing the tried and true and throwing a little new mix in there. that's nothing amazing.

    Games that are desgined to be massive might be the future. I think it's very naive to think all games need to go massive though. As i've said multiple times. Competitive games thrive of small teams. Not big ones. There's a time and place for big games and yes I love them, but they aren't the be all and end all to me. Why have I only put several hours into PS2 yet that game is colossal? It's got thousands of players, surely that should be the best game ever... no?
    i wouldn't say "competitive" games...i'd say more like tactical games. competitive games are more challenging as the player count rises and the game design with it.

    i think what it really boils down to is that you like games that are more tightly knitted. i can understand that. yes, not all massive games are great. you can sometimes lose the point of the game. i agree with that. but that's just because the game is badly designed. I did try to demo PS2 on my laptop, granted it ran $#@!ty but i actually wasn't that impressed. i didn't like how it didn't feel like an MMO but more like a massive shooter game. i wanted it to have more personality...have towns and maybe a storyline. so far i don't see it. but i'd rather take that than a 6v6 so we may just have a different preference but i'm sick and tired of small ass games.

    FYI when I play DayZ I tend to stick to servers with only 52 players rather than go on the ones with 100+ players. So no, your logic really doesn't work well with DayZ. So DayZ is actually very far from what I consider massive. Would GTA V be better with more people? Probably because it has such a big map. But that doesn't work for all games.
    maybe DayZ isn't designed for many players...what i'm saying is that it has to be designed well for a higher player count.

    what my point in all of this is, would you like DayZ if the game was redesigned to be much smaller than it is and then reduce the player count to 4? ok sure, you may...do you think others would still care about the game? i would think not. the reason it's popular is because it's a massive game. it may be the hottest game out on PC right now, as far as trending goes. the trend is towards bigger games with more players. smaller games will still have a niche but i don't think they will appeal to the broader`12qwedfvb

    Oh... JC2 is an amazing experience with thousands of players. $#@! it's good fun just playing it multiplayer. But there is a time and a place for it. I don't want every game I play to be a cluster$#@! of players. If I want to play with thousands of players I'll just load up Guild Wars 2 or SWTOR.

    I disagree that anything less than 24 is too low for a shooter. It's all about how a game is designed.

    As I keep brining it up - There are reasons why competitive shooters have low player counts. CS:S supports up 32 players per server yet 5v5 is still the go to mode. Why is that?
    does it really? i don't remember ever playing 5v5 on CS... but again, CS is a tactical shooter, that's a whole different ball game, i never disagreed there.

  9. #59
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    BF4 is designed for PC/PS4 and they scaled it down to fit the older gen consoles. Just like scaling COD or counter strike up to 64 player $#@!s it up.

    The games are designed with a player number in mind and deviations from that more or less will result in a lacklustre gameplay.

    Imagine trying to organise a clan war 32v32.All your 32 man team needs to be online and same for the other team, its logistical nightmare.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-05-2014 at 03:51.

  10. #60
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    oh yea i know. i also think they should have at least done 32 players...it just doesn't feel right with 24. BF3 somewhat felt fine. my point earlier was that even if the game is designed to be a 6v6, which i don't get why it is (considering the sort of game it is), it would've still been cooler if they had designed the game from the ground for a much higher player count...like 32 players or more.

  11. #61
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    91,984 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    From the amount of likes you received for this post doesn't look like it. I for one don't really care. Didn't really intrigue me much from the beginning. I'm just not too much on MP only games.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  12. #62
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    From the amount of likes you received for this post doesn't look like it. I for one don't really care. Didn't really intrigue me much from the beginning. I'm just not too much on MP only games.
    fear not, my sixth sense is telling me that we're going to see more single player games this generation than the last. due to several reasons i can think of.

  13. #63
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,372
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    7,054 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    Same here friend and I don't care about this garbage game.


    CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

  14. #64
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,665
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    34,302 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Am I the only one who actually doesn't really care if Titanfall comes to PS4 or not lol?
    I love you Duff!!!!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  15. #65
    Veteran
    bobtheduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,897
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    4,697 (0 Banked)
    I don't care if it comes to PS4 for myself, but if it did,it would mean more people buying PS4, which means more games overall, so it's a win for me. I HATE sports games, but if EA sports decided to go Xbone only, it would suck because it would have a cascade effect that would hurt my gaming experience in the long run.

  16. #66
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    91,984 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    fear not, my sixth sense is telling me that we're going to see more single player games this generation than the last. due to several reasons i can think of.
    I hope your senses are accurate because the popularity of MP within the dev community was sickening last gen. I'm a sucker for a good story.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  17. Likes Malt likes this post
  18. #67
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I hope your senses are accurate because the popularity of MP within the dev community was sickening last gen. I'm a sucker for a good story.
    about 7 years ago, i said that SP games will become more popular last generation...and i was more or less wrong. my reasoning was that we will see changes in A.I. which we didn't, i thought we were going to see more co-op rather than multiplayer, which more or less did not take over...it is more difficult to make good SP stories and even more difficult to make good co-op games with a campaign.

    however, the multiplayer market is saturated right now so we're going to see more focus on SP and maybe even co-op. also since PS4 is cheaper to develop for and now we have indies...we're likely going to see a lot more of it. not to mention, the amount of power inside the PS4 is perfect for massive online games so that's more than plenty for SP games. which will be beneficial.

  19. #68
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    33
    Points
    15,898 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Big companies go all out with MP, when you are saying this Sufi. I don't agree with you. I am not saying all big franchises will come with MP , but they will definitely at least be more "social" even if they have not MP.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList

    Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

  20. #69
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Big companies go all out with MP, when you are saying this Sufi. I don't agree with you. I am not saying all big franchises will come with MP , but they will definitely at least be more "social" even if they have not MP.
    you're not disagreeing with me. more social would mean co-op right

    all i'm saying is this, MP is not for everyone and i'm sure companies realize that. also MP means more money spent in the long run. they will probably try and push games that are either just massive (so they don't need to come out with one every couple of years - elder's scroll online anyone?) or they might just focus on SP and deliver in the sense that you will have more to enjoy because the time/resources of the developer AND the console's own resources are not being wasted for the MP portion.

    console's resources meaning...i'm sure if you're going to make the MP portion in a game, you would probably need to design the engine so that it works well in both SP and MP, so you're likely going to can some things that were otherwise only possible in SP...BECAUSE developers like to keep things consistent or people will go like, "well, i can do this in SP, why not MP?!"

    so we're going to see some amazing $#@! with SP this generation because the tech is there now, the resources are there to make the difference. games like bioshock/mass effect might scrap online altogether next-gen. same goes for games like dead space. they know MP isn't where it's at always.

    but yes, we will see more socializing features if they are possible and make sense. i just think tacked on MP will go away.

  21. #70
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    91,984 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    about 7 years ago, i said that SP games will become more popular last generation...and i was more or less wrong. my reasoning was that we will see changes in A.I. which we didn't, i thought we were going to see more co-op rather than multiplayer, which more or less did not take over...it is more difficult to make good SP stories and even more difficult to make good co-op games with a campaign.

    however, the multiplayer market is saturated right now so we're going to see more focus on SP and maybe even co-op. also since PS4 is cheaper to develop for and now we have indies...we're likely going to see a lot more of it. not to mention, the amount of power inside the PS4 is perfect for massive online games so that's more than plenty for SP games. which will be beneficial.
    You make a very valid point. I think the possibilities are more than they were last gen. Also like you said, the development cost from last gen probably put a bunch off of groundbreaking SP. I don't have a problem with a MP focused game here and there but last gen they just want to shovel it down your throat. I hope those days are gone.

    Titanfall looks like they did a good job with the game but it has a cool premise but making it MP only just kills the interest for me. That could have a potentially very good story. I'm just not sure why they went the MP only route. Laziness? Know how people perceive shooters? Idk but I'm not one of those people that boots up a shooter and jump straight into MP. Guess I'm just weird.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  22. #71
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    You make a very valid point. I think the possibilities are more than they were last gen. Also like you said, the development cost from last gen probably put a bunch off of groundbreaking SP. I don't have a problem with a MP focused game here and there but last gen they just want to shovel it down your throat. I hope those days are gone.

    Titanfall looks like they did a good job with the game but it has a cool premise but making it MP only just kills the interest for me. That could have a potentially very good story. I'm just not sure why they went the MP only route. Laziness? Know how people perceive shooters? Idk but I'm not one of those people that boots up a shooter and jump straight into MP. Guess I'm just weird.
    well, their focus was to cut costs (titanfall dev), they mentioned that long time ago. that's another reason they went exclusive to MS. they were saving money. also i'm sure they must have received funding for making it for them.

    MP because really no one plays SP in COD games, so again their idea is to make it as cheap as possible. 6v6 imo is another cost-cutting idea. less bandwidth being used.

    basically it's a dollar menu COD game but it does bring some things COD does not so it's an idea that might just work.

    I don't have a problem with it, i get what they're trying to do. honestly, i would rather see MP games be completely MP (but add training mode or something where you can test out weapons...when you're tired of MP part of it) because that would mean more things added to MP.

    i would also rather see SP games be completely SP but maybe co-op if they want to. we're just going to see more focused games this generation. there was a pressure on practically all SP games to include MP and people usually would get disappointed.

    now that we have plenty of MP games, there's no need for MP unless it was really well made. there's less market space for more. forgot the actual term lol but it's there. we're actually going to see the tacked on MPs shrink and more focus on SP...the same with tacked on SPs that will go away or i hope they do.

    bigger companies will have the money to keep these things, they know people will buy the games for their tacked on SP or MP but the overall trend will be towards shrinking it and put more of that into the actual games so that people can enjoy a more focused and better product. it's going to happen. i don't know yet if it will dominate but it will become more popular. i hope it does dominate though.

  23. Likes Shingo likes this post
  24. #72
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,665
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    34,302 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I know few here give a toss about D514 but it is in many respects a lot better than most other shooters out there. Well, that is if deep customisation and tactics is something you appreciate in a sci-fi FPS. I know that many roll their eyes when I bring the game up but it is making huge progress month by month and is more than worthy of mention.
    Ghosts obligatory dust comment!
    Last edited by 33x; 02-05-2014 at 21:08.

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  25. Likes Omar likes this post
  26. #73
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,275
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,153 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    we all know he's paid lol.

  27. #74
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    33
    Points
    15,898 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you're not disagreeing with me. more social would mean co-op right

    all i'm saying is this, MP is not for everyone and i'm sure companies realize that. also MP means more money spent in the long run. they will probably try and push games that are either just massive (so they don't need to come out with one every couple of years - elder's scroll online anyone?) or they might just focus on SP and deliver in the sense that you will have more to enjoy because the time/resources of the developer AND the console's own resources are not being wasted for the MP portion.

    console's resources meaning...i'm sure if you're going to make the MP portion in a game, you would probably need to design the engine so that it works well in both SP and MP, so you're likely going to can some things that were otherwise only possible in SP...BECAUSE developers like to keep things consistent or people will go like, "well, i can do this in SP, why not MP?!"

    so we're going to see some amazing $#@! with SP this generation because the tech is there now, the resources are there to make the difference. games like bioshock/mass effect might scrap online altogether next-gen. same goes for games like dead space. they know MP isn't where it's at always.

    but yes, we will see more socializing features if they are possible and make sense. i just think tacked on MP will go away.
    I only hope you are right, bro. I miss the moments like beating Poseidon like a fish

    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList

    Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

  28. #75
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,795
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    6,997 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    do not want.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.