Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well tbh what else would he say about the CEO? lol Anyway I'm sure everything will be fine as will the xbox brand.
    Maybe because its actually true. he was one of the guys who made xbox live what it is today, so why wouldn't he support the xbox brand.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Maybe because its actually true. he was one of the guys who made xbox live what it is today, so why wouldn't he support the xbox brand.
    Where are you seeing this stuff with Xbox in this guy's history at MS?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Or maybe he would like to keep his job. lol You really think hes going to publicly say negative things about his boss?

Elite Sage
    Or maybe he would like to keep his job. lol You really think hes going to publicly say negative things about his boss?
    What are you talking about? The guy was always one of the top people at MS.

Super Elite
    I do not see how this will make a difference with Xbox One and Windows.

1. Xbox One has already been released.

2.Windows 8 was released for tablets and nobody liked it on the desktop. So the only thing Microsoft can do inevitably is to go to it's roots and make an OS like Windows 7

Unless the CEO has fresh ideas and talent to make up something new, I just see these 2 guys as slot fillers for the job.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Windows on the desktop taking a huge step backwards as far as MS and their priorities in the next few years. Especially with Nadella at the helm. Software as a service is really the future for companies like MS. Operating systems are becoming more and more irrelevant. Agile companies are making software that work on any platform. Not saying Windows is going away or anything crazy like that, but I don't think it will be the flagship product long term. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

As far as Xbox....who knows? I still don't see anything about Nadella that suggests he is either pro/con Xbox. Doesn't really matter. As long as it makes money.....Xbox will be fine. big duh there....lol
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Windows on the desktop taking a huge step backwards as far as MS and their priorities in the next few years. Especially with Nadella at the helm. Software as a service is really the future for companies like MS. Operating systems are becoming more and more irrelevant. Agile companies are making software that work on any platform. Not saying Windows is going away or anything crazy like that, but I don't think it will be the flagship product long term. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

As far as Xbox....who knows? I still don't see anything about Nadella that suggests he is either pro/con Xbox. Doesn't really matter. As long as it makes money.....Xbox will be fine. big duh there....lol
    No need to speculate, it's already happening.

If you count the amount of devices there are, based on Linux/Unix (like PS3/PS4/Wii/WiiU/iOS/Andriod etc.), they likely outnumber Windows-based devices. well maybe not but the trend is likely towards Linux/Unix than Windows.

Linux isn't going to be dominating the desktop anytime soon or ever but they are already dominating every other category, hence why Windows 8 came out and $#@!ed up even more. It was their attempt to combine everything...you don't make an OS for a phone and then add it to the regular desktop Windows.

Elite Sage

why would they select someone who is against xbox. Spend all that money on the thing and then select a CEO who doesn't support it. That wouldn't make any sense.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What are you talking about? The guy was always one of the top people at MS.
    Irrelevant Whether the guy is top people or not an employee of MS isnt going to publicly speak negatively about the CEO. How hard is that to understand?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2014 at 21:22.

why would they select someone who is against xbox. Spend all that money on the thing and then select a CEO who doesn't support it. That wouldn't make any sense.
    Never said he was against xbox. I'm saying I don't see anything that says he has anything to do with it. I asked you about that....but no reply.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Never said he was against xbox. I'm saying I don't see anything that says he has anything to do with it. I asked you about that....but no reply.
    Yeah I was wondering what hes basing that conclusion on as well.

Elite Sage
    he's was the guy who pushed the start of services like xbl and azure.

Irrelevant Whether the guy is top people or not an employee of MS isnt going to publicly speak negatively about the CEO. How hard is that to understand?
    he was one of the guys who help start xbox services and supported it from the beginning so why would he speak negatively about the person he is replacing . You don't make someone a ceo without knowing them.Thats like saying the person who replaced Steve jobs supports the Iphone but doesn't like apps. MS isn't just about xbox.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-10-2014 at 22:13.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    he's was the guy who pushed the start of services like xbl and azure. he was one of the guys who help start xbox services and supported it from the beginning so why would he speak negatively about the person he is replacing . You don't make someone a ceo without knowing them.Thats like saying the person who replaced Steve jobs supports the Iphone but doesn't like apps. MS isn't just about xbox.
    My point still stands. He wouldn't ever say anything negative about his boss regardless.

Elite Sage
    My point still stands. He wouldn't ever say anything negative about his boss regardless.
    Why would he? What is he gonna say? "I'm looking forward to my duties as CEO, and by the way , Ballmer was a crappy CEO"....lol

Forum Overseer

lol oh we're talking about steve ballmer. yeah, everyone probably thinks he's an a-hole. would not be surprised if bill did too...but you know, they go way back. i will say that steve was very enthusiastic and i guess that sells...but that's where it ends with steve...pretty sure MS would be in a better situation today with Windows, phones/tablets if it weren't for that idiot who still lives in the 90s.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Why would he? What is he gonna say? "I'm looking forward to my duties as CEO, and by the way , Ballmer was a crappy CEO"....lol
    Exactly. What else is he going to say crappy CEO or not? lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    You talk as if Xbox is bigger than windows. It's not, deal with it. lmfao

18. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    You talk as if Xbox is bigger than windows. It's not, deal with it. lmfao
    lol...does it matter? Both are successful and have been coexisting for years now. I know there is hope of him killing xbox but it isn't gonna happen. Not before the year 2023 anyway.By then there may not be a need for it anymore. They aren't losing money so there isnt a need to worry.

he's was the guy who pushed the start of services like xbl and azure.
    Azure...yes. XBL.....link?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol...does it matter? Both are successful and have been coexisting for years now. I know there is hope of him killing xbox but it isn't gonna happen. Not before the year 2023 anyway.By then there may not be a need for it anymore. They aren't losing money so there isnt a need to worry.
    Who's hoping that he kills the Xbox?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    What are we discussing? I know none of these people, so I have no way of knowing what they are thinking personally, or fiscally as a company.
    Last I looked, MS makes money on XBOX, I think that will be the final line.
    Do we make money?
    Yes.
    Well keep the $#@!ing thing then.
    /thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    What are we discussing? I know none of these people, so I have no way of knowing what they are thinking personally, or fiscally as a company. Last I looked, MS makes money on XBOX, I think that will be the final line. Do we make money? Yes. Well keep the $#@!ing thing then. /thread
    Bingo. Why sell off something thats making your company money?

Elite Sage
    Azure...yes. XBL.....link?
    Azure, Bing, skype, xbox live, skydive all fall under the online services division in which he was senior VP of. He was one of the one's behind the engineering of those services. He is one of the guys we can thank for xbl being what it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    What are we discussing? I know none of these people, so I have no way of knowing what they are thinking personally, or fiscally as a company.
    Last I looked, MS makes money on XBOX, I think that will be the final line.
    Do we make money?
    Yes.
    Well keep the $#@!ing thing then.
    /thread
    yea, i know. It would be crazy for them to make that move. Keep it going as long as you can. make that money.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-11-2014 at 00:18.

Forum Overseer

actually no, companies don't always keep stuff they make money off.

like activision, they can axe projects that they know won't make them "as much" money as their other projects.

but this has nothing to do with the xbox discussion because like SCE, Xbox division ain't going nowhere because they make their respective companies a lot of money plus brand image and tons of leverage for other product lines.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    actually no, companies don't always keep stuff they make money off.

like activision, they can axe projects that they know won't make them "as much" money as their other projects.

but this has nothing to do with the xbox discussion because like SCE, Xbox division ain't going nowhere because they make their respective companies a lot of money plus brand image and tons of leverage for other product lines.
    SCE hasn't made a lot of money for a long time, but that's changing now , and also a topic for another thread.

Thread Information