Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol what? so why refute my point by saying this: "Yawn..keep it coming your not a dev"
    Err you responded to my comment saying "wake me up when a dev talks?"

I wasnt refuting any point by saying that, YOU responded to me remember?
    <sheesh> people are hyper sensitive aorund here sometimes..joke are NOT permitted apparently.
    when nothing you quoted refuted me and nothing you said now did either...where am i wrong?
    Uhh you quoted me first, I was simply responding.
    You asked me if "you think that 68GB/s is going to catch up to 176 sustained with a 32MB cache? lol ok."

I responded to that by saying it wasn't designed to.
    yes, you know that it will never catch up, my comment was to people that obvious don't get that.
    Err no it was directed directly at me was it not?
    so again, why refute when i'm not wrong lol. you should be saying that to those that are questioning it.
    Im not refuting anything you asked me "you think that 68GB/s is going to catch up to 176 sustained with a 32MB cache? lol ok."
    Remember?
    EDIT: read my first comment in this thread. I didn't even respond to it because we've known this since feb 2013. my comment to this topic was "captain obvious-dodd." it's obvious, it's not news.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Err you responded to my comment saying "wake me up when a dev talks?"

I wasnt refuting any point by saying that, YOU responded to me remember?
    < sheesh> people are hyper sensitive aorund here sometimes..joke are NOT permitted apparently.

Uhh you quoted me first, I was simply responding.
    You asked me if "you think that 68GB/s is going to catch up to 176 sustained with a 32MB cache? lol ok."

I responded to that by saying it wasn't designed to.

Err no it was directed directly at me was it not?

Im not refuting anything you asked me "you think that 68GB/s is going to catch up to 176 sustained with a 32MB cache? lol ok."
    Remember?
    I'm not mad lol. i just get a little heated. i was thinking you were arguing against the article when you wrote,
    Yawn, wake me up when a dev talks to us....
    which is why I asked how that's going to change the facts. so now i'm wondering, what did you mean by that?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I'm not mad lol. i just get a little heated. i was thinking you were arguing against the article when you wrote,

which is why I asked how that's going to change the facts. so now i'm wondering, what did you mean by that?
    Maybe I should have said "yawn...wait..your not a dev...?" Does that make more sense.
    I asked for a dev, because they would at least show you (not "you" but the people who keep banging on about it) what the esram is for vs what it isnt for.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Extreme Poster
    Maybe I should have said "yawn...wait..your not a dev...?" Does that make more sense.
    I asked for a dev, because they would at least show you (not "you" but the people who keep banging on about it) what the esram is for vs what it isnt for.
    i'm still confused but no harm done.

EDIT: right, i get it. my point wasn't what to do with it exactly, my point was to show the general reason behind ESRAM. this was definitely a confusion from the beginning.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    You guys can't make me stop loving both. I can't. I wont. Bastards! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    You guys can't make me stop loving both. I can't. I wont. Bastards! Lol Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    No reason for you not to. Besides you get to play Forza 5. Just ask mynd how much of a big Forza fan I am. lol I used to play Forza 4 on 360 for hours on end.

Extreme Poster
    You guys can't make me stop loving both. I can't. I wont. Bastards! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    only nerds play Xbox One.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    No reason for you not to. Besides you get to play Forza 5. Just ask mynd how much of a big Forza fan I am. lol I used to play Forza 4 on 360 for hours on end.
    Car games are MC's crack cocaine...the boy is a junkie.
    Speaking of which, Driveclub must be taunting you something wicked lol.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-06-2014 at 22:16.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Racing games aren't really my thing. I used to love Gran Turismo, but I got burnt out. Driveclub may get me back into the genre again though.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Cars games are MC's crack cocaine...the boy is a junkie. Speaking of which, Driveclub must be taunting you something wicked lol.
    Yeah thats some bs right there. I'm seriously wondering if its going to be cancelled. Might be the automotive equivalent of Agent. lol And yeah I know Sony claims that development is going well blah blah blah but I would rather they show me then tell me. Talk is cheap. Put up or shutup Sony. Ok, I feel better now. Rant over.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Racing games aren't really my thing. I used to love Gran Turismo, but I got burnt out. Driveclub may get me back into the genre again though.
    If it ever comes out. lol Yeah I hope PD rejuvenates the GT series because they really fell from grace with GT5. GT4 on PS2 was brilliant.

Extreme Poster
    in GT5, they focused too much on physics and car models and not enough on what makes a game more fun too.

it's a car simulation more than a game.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    in GT5, they focused too much on physics and car models and not enough on what makes a game more fun too. it's a car simulation more than a game.
    Less tracks too. And dont even get me started on that standard vs premium cars crap. With how long that game was in development theres no excuse for putting all those PS2 cars in there.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Less tracks too. And dont even get me started on that standard vs premium cars crap. With how long that game was in development theres no excuse for putting all those PS2 cars in there.
    the excuse is that it takes so long to make those cars. their problem was their focus. it was wrong. they are very hard working, just that they're a little nerdy and need to understand that it's not always about perfection.

it's like Ken Kutaragi, he wanted a perfect machine that could do a lot of things at once. it didn't work.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    the excuse is that it takes so long to make those cars. their problem was their focus. it was wrong. they are very hard working, just that they're a little nerdy and need to understand that it's not always about perfection. it's like Ken Kutaragi, he wanted a perfect machine that could do a lot of things at once. it didn't work.
    Well we'll see when GT7 comes out. I dont want to hear any excuses from PD this time because there are none.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    The thread title is completely accurate...nothing wrong with it the ESRAM is and always has been a bandaid solution to the deficiencies of DDR3 in comparison to GDDR5...

its got a great theoretical bandwidth but there simply isnt enough of it...it can be worked around, and is more flexible than the setup in the 360, but the problems cant be cured...Xbone exclusives (Ryse for instance) can do things to work around it because their code can be completely tailored to the architecture...

but games looking for a 1080p native resolution are ALWAYS going to struggle on the Xbone because the framebuffers become too big...and if you overrun the 32MB of ESRAM you spill over into the DDR3 and then your bandwidth starved...

the simple solution is to slash resolutions and then you fight nicely...

HOWEVER...its not the size of the ESRAM pool that is truly the biggest problem for the Xbone...the true issue is how much of the silicon budget it eats up...to place that large pool of ESRAM on die cuts into the available space for the rest of the APU's components...what is one of the reasons Xbone have a weaker GPU than the PS4? because there isnt enough space on die for the PS4's GPU without increasing the size/complexity of the already huge (size and complexity) APU in the Xbone...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Thread Information