Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Removed some posts to clean up the discussion. Lets discuss the topic please. Heads will fly if this goes south again. Oh they will fly!
    well i love getting head on my south pole

2. Likes MacP likes this post
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Correction, the laptop business is dying because most people used laptops back in the day for a device to use out and about, smartphones and tablets have now become so sophisticated and powerful that there is no need in having a laptop at all. Sony have been completely off the pace in this regards and I have yet to see a decent Sony tablet in the UK, they're mostly Lenovos, Samsungs, and Apples. They're even slow to the Smartphone table but at least they're finally starting to catch up in these regards.

Their TV division though has been garbage for a long time now, for starters they're still more expensive than Samsungs, I mean seriously?! LG Philips even have much better displays now which is probably why they're ranked second and their TVs are cheap but higher quality than Sonys.
    I meant laptops pc's and the Xperia Tablet Z is considered the best android tablet available at release and the first serious android contender to the iPad, I know I read enough reviews before buying it and they all said the same.
    And thats bs about being expensive, my Samsung cost £70 more then the original Sony TV I was going to buy, and it was 2inches smaller and didn't have 3D! Even Sonys New range is cheaper then what I paid for my Samy AND they are better TV's according to the reviews
    I'm sure people compare the lowest price Samsung's to Sony's, when doing them feature to feature, spec to spec they aren't cheaper, but they do offer more budget TV's then Sony does and that's what people go for, which Sony don't do.
    And the W9 series was reviewed by many as one of the best HDTV's of 2013 following Sony successful multi-award winning*HX853*series which funny enough everyone but tech site, experts & AVS forums seem to remember.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1149989/review
    Even in that review they say its direct rival is a Samy that's £100 more.
    So I don't know where you getting ya info from Vash cuz its not added up
    And LG aren't good untill you go into there high end range, the sub £1000's arent as good as any other makers.

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TGO; 02-07-2014 at 04:41.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Removed some posts to clean up the discussion. Lets discuss the topic please. Heads will fly if this goes south again. Oh they will fly!
    Who died and made you sheriff?

On topic: I fail to understand what the bad news is (except for the layoffs of course).

This is the much needed change I was waiting for! Separating the TV business, selling the PC branch, streamlining the operational flow - this is pure business at its heart. Just give it time and see for yourselves.

We're finally headed towards quality over quantity.
    Last edited by Wrath; 02-07-2014 at 07:49.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    guess we wait ant see it Sony makes up for the loss.Seems to me with PS4s selling so well they might.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    guess we wait ant see it Sony makes up for the loss.Seems to me with PS4s selling so well they might.
    Getting rid of the pc sector and PS4 success is going to help a lot but that's just the start of the battle. Long way to go but they can get back up.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I meant laptops pc's and the Xperia Tablet Z is considered the best android tablet available at release and the first serious android contender to the iPad, I know I read enough reviews before buying it and they all said the same.
    And thats bs about being expensive, my Samsung cost £70 more then the original Sony TV I was going to buy, and it was 2inches smaller and didn't have 3D! Even Sonys New range is cheaper then what I paid for my Samy AND they are better TV's according to the reviews
    I'm sure people compare the lowest price Samsung's to Sony's, when doing them feature to feature, spec to spec they aren't cheaper, but they do offer more budget TV's then Sony does and that's what people go for, which Sony don't do.
    And the W9 series was reviewed by many as one of the best HDTV's of 2013 following Sony successful multi-award winning*HX853*series which funny enough everyone but tech site, experts & AVS forums seem to remember.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1149989/review
    Even in that review they say its direct rival is a Samy that's £100 more.
    So I don't know where you getting ya info from Vash cuz its not added up
    And LG aren't good untill you go into there high end range, the sub £1000's arent as good as any other makers.

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk
    Perhaps you should fully re-read what I wrote then, I said that they're "recently starting to catch up", products within the year is recent. I know their latest smartphone and tablet are amazing but everything else before them? Not very good at all. Also I said their TVs have been "garbage for a long time", let me quote the two words again "long time". Their newest TVs (particularly the one with the massive speakers on the side) is amazing, even the sound is amazing, but that's what, a single TV. Sure there's a couple other TVs recently that are at the top but let's face it, all of their other TVs are not even worth going for because they're simply not value for money.

Again you're talking about within the last year, I'm talking about for over the last 10 years. Why have Sony been having these problems? Because they haven't been adapting to the market and selling purely on brand name alone. With today's tech-savy consumer that's a no go.

8. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Perhaps you should fully re-read what I wrote then, I said that they're "recently starting to catch up", products within the year is recent. I know their latest smartphone and tablet are amazing but everything else before them? Not very good at all. Also I said their TVs have been "garbage for a long time", let me quote the two words again "long time". Their newest TVs (particularly the one with the massive speakers on the side) is amazing, even the sound is amazing, but that's what, a single TV. Sure there's a couple other TVs recently that are at the top but let's face it, all of their other TVs are not even worth going for because they're simply not value for money.

Again you're talking about within the last year, I'm talking about for over the last 10 years. Why have Sony been having these problems? Because they haven't been adapting to the market and selling purely on brand name alone. With today's tech-savy consumer that's a no go.
    Btf it did sound and says their phones have recently catched up in ya post, but I agree

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    well i love getting head on my south pole
    I lol'd hard!
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Thread Information