Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Before I choose my shooter a few questions.

Going to get either COD or BF today for my PS4 but have some questions.

1. Does COD actually look like a next gen game or just a last gen game?
    2. Has the issues with BF4 been fixed, or mostly fixed?
    3. Do people in BF4, specifically engineers, still refuse to actually kill tanks with rockets and instead use them on people thus having vehicles dominate?
    4. How is the 32 vs 32 on BF4? Still able to rank up the points, or being an average player will I struggle?
    5. How is the player base on both games?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post

3. Do people in BF4, specifically engineers, still refuse to actually kill tanks with rockets and instead use them on people thus having vehicles dominate?
    4. How is the 32 vs 32 on BF4? Still able to rank up the points, or being an average player will I struggle?
    1. Cod looks ok but when u factor in bf4's environmental destructibility that should be a no-brainer.
    2. The majority of the issues people were having with bf4 I never experienced. MAYBE 1 or 2 of them but not consistently. That being said, some of the problems are supposed to be fixed.
    3. I have been in lobbies were engineers actually do their job and I've been in lobbies where they don't do their job. It all depends on who you're playing with. There will always be dipshits that play shooters.
    4. Yes you can rank up. However, if you've ever played a bf game before you know its a lot slower ranking than cod. That being said, you can earn massive xp if you learn how to fly a chopper and all airplanes and go play conquest.
    5. Cod is typical. Numerous kids that sound like they're not even in highschool yet running around with a shotgun. Bf4 has shotguns, but they're used far less and as usual with battlefield the players tend to be a but older because its not an "arcade" dgooter.
    I've played both, BF4 is the better game hands down IMO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post

I played both, so...

1. COD looks just fine in single player. Multiplayer is pretty bland. BF looks great in both areas.
    2. I played BF after it received over a dozen patches. I've experienced only 1 crash during the campaign. For multiplayer after a 1-2 matches I can sometimes start experiencing rubber banding in my character movement. Changing servers fixes that until it happens again, rinse/repeat.
    3. You may find it difficult to stay alive in tanks and planes because of how many engineers I see removing them from the battlefield.
    4. 32v32 levels up just fine as far as I'm concerned. Just keep in mind it's not just about kills. It's about being a team player and playing the objective. You can have a k/d of 4/24 and have more points than a person 30/2 if you heal players and capture flags.
    5. Both are well populated still.

In the end I stuck with BF4 regardless of it's trainwreck launch. I prefer the chaos of a complete interactive warzone over a small map that you run circles around looking for kills. Just my thing. It's why I loved MAG and Planetside.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Not enjoying BlackLight Retribution? :P Just my opinion but as a launch member I try to stay away from shooters for at least a year to get kinks ironed out. If they don't have a true new shooter by then these games should be down to 20-30$/

Forum Elder
    BF4 is an amazing shooter. Most problems seem to be fixed. I agree pretty much with knotgamer and shepard.

This is the first multiplayer I have gotten into. Well this and Killzone on ps4.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    A little bit off topic but I haven't seen much people interested in Killzone, Is it that bad ?
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Elder
    Killzone is the best looking graphics wise, and smooth at 60fps. You should check out youtube.

It has no aim assist, which I like but probably turns some off. I mostly play bf4 because people I know are into it but KZ is fantastic and I have as much fun with it as battlefield.

So IMO it's great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    A little bit off topic but I haven't seen much people interested in Killzone, Is it that bad ?
    It's has solid multiplayer, but i think being exclusive doesn't make it very popular even among those who own ps4. Not much people talking about it.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking

Thumbs down

The colors have always been(and seem will always be) too damn bland for me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Killzone is the best looking graphics wise, and smooth at 60fps. You should check out youtube. It has no aim assist, which I like but probably turns some off. I mostly play bf4 because people I know are into it but KZ is fantastic and I have as much fun with it as battlefield. So IMO it's great. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I really enjoy Killzone. This forum has alot of haters as far as Killzone goes but to each their own.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Agreed. I really enjoy Killzone. This forum has alot of haters as far as Killzone goes but to each their own.
    Sheeple, lol..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Killzone isn't bad. The single player is awesone, amazing graphics. The mp has good graphics as well. However I just really don't like the mp because it feels "heavy" to me.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Thanks for replies. Went with BF4.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    count me as a hater, it's probably the worst $60 I spent on a launch game in a while.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I really like it, loved the single player and the multi player is definitely solid.

Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    Killzone isn't bad. The single player is awesone, amazing graphics. The mp has good graphics as well. However I just really don't like the mp because it feels "heavy" to me.

It's the "heavy" part that makes it better than certain other mp games, like CoD or Blackligt, IMO. Those games feels like they almost don't have any physics at all. I like the "heavy" feel of Killzone and BF, it doesn't feel like you're just floating around without physical laws. But it's just a matter of taste.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    I really like it, loved the single player and the multi player is definitely solid.

It's the "heavy" part that makes it better than certain other mp games, like CoD or Blackligt, IMO. Those games feels like they almost don't have any physics at all. I like the "heavy" feel of Killzone and BF, it doesn't feel like you're just floating around without physical laws. But it's just a matter of taste.
    I agree. It comes from my YEARS of playing cod I know but its still engrained in meh lol

Miqo'te Bard
    I looked at cod meta and man every where being ripped apart by fans. With three year dev time let's see if anything changes. I'll prob get new one next year after I see reaction.but you know that fish ai lol

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I typically really like CoD games. They're amazing at what they are supposed to be. That said CoD: Ghosts has had less than an hour of my time whereas BF4 has had best part of 120hours

Thread Information