• XBONE XBOX LIVE

3 8.57%
  • UNDECIDED

3 8.57%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    PS Plus gives you just as many games if not more, and they're sometimes new (like ones on PS4 right nwo).

Resogun, Outlast, Don't Starve, Warframe starter pack so far.
    I'm well aware of what is available. Resogun is the only one that I've liked so far. Ps+ is needed for me to be able to play my games online, so I have it.

Forum Overseer
    oh i see. i misunderstood your comment.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    For me, the primary value of PS+ still lies with the PS3 games. So while the OP says "We know XBOX360 had the better service to PS3".....nah, just isn't true for me at all. Having said that, the PS4 games released so far have been worth the price of admission, imo.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    yeah, PS+ on PS3 combined with PS4 is more than worth the price. PS+ may be the only exciting thing left on the PS3 for me at this point.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    That doesn't make any difference at all. This is his thread, if you want to make a thread then title it how you would title it. Stop trying to hijack the thread in what you would say or whatever else. pure nonsense on your part.
    lol..look at the thread title.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    If you want to debate thread titles....take it to PM. Back on topic please.

Thanks.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    I think XBLive on 360 definitely deserved the money for its early access to in-game XMB, unified profile, better achievement support, x-game chat and x-game invites etc. i can see why it would be a better experience. i'm always chatting with my friend before i even join the game. or even if i'm messing around on live streams. just having a friend to talk to while you're on there makes the console worth it.

I know others don't like to talk all the time but this is my friend from 12 years of friendship...and we talk about all kinds of stuff.

i didn't have the same thoughts when i first got the PS3 and that was because we only played SOCOM and Sony failed to deliver that so by the end of the console cycle, I started to understand the reason for Live's success...thus 360's success.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-10-2014 at 20:12.

Friendship is Carrots
    I don't own either system, but from what I've read PS+ sounds like the victor. There's less paywalls, the 'free' (they're not actually free, guys) games, and it's cheaper.

I think XBLive on 360 definitely deserved the money for its early access to in-game XMB, unified profile, better achievement support, x-game chat and x-game invites etc. i can see why it would be a better experience. i'm always chatting with my friend before i even join the game. or even if i'm messing around on live streams. just having a friend to talk to while you're on there makes the console worth it.
    The Xbox 360 with its integrated OS and system features, plus Xbox Live, was really ahead of its time. It was incredibly convenient to go play music during any game, or start a party chat with a friend(s) and casually chat while playing different games, or go explore the demo marketplace for pieces of the latest game. It was wonderful.

Its value naturally decreased as PSN caught up though.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

10. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    yeah i totally agree. not only that, if it weren't for MS, Sony would not have come out with what they have now. PS4 is a hybrid of 360 and PS1 with the x86 thrown in the mix.

I'm getting used to the controller now but i was totally caught off guard...it feels like an Xbox console from the features and controller (about 40% I'd say).

basically Sony is learning from MS about online part. Sony is clever to give its torch to the western developers/designers in order to compete with a western company. Japanese are still much too nerdy to understand social aspect of gaming.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    For me, the "free" games are free enough. If you subbed in January it's pretty much already paid for itself. (To buy Metro, Outlast, and Remember Me would cost you $100+)

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

13. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    For me, the "free" games are free enough. If you subbed in January it's pretty much already paid for itself. (To buy Metro, Outlast, and Remember Me would cost you $100+)
    I'm just stating that they're not actually free, just incredibly cheap. You still have to pay money to access them.

In regards to PS+, do you get these games for just the month they release, or do you have permanent access (as long as you're still subbed to PS+ of course)? If the latter, how do those developers make any real money on the system?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    I do like that I can keep them as long as I have the service, they never expire...even if i leave PS+ and come back later...that is an attractive feature. had i known earlier in detail, i would have gotten it earlier.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I wonder how the gamers that didn't want PS+ feel about it. Like, you didn't have PS+ but now you do because the online play you're used to having as free, isn't free anymore.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Why is live better for online play right now? I never understood this, people some how magically think there is no lag just because it's Xbox live. lol whatever

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I wonder how the gamers that didn't want PS+ feel about it. Like, you didn't have PS+ but now you do because the online play you're used to having as free, isn't free anymore.
    the way i look at it, i still would not pay for online on PS3 but with PS4, it makes sense due to high quality servers that are required for this generation.

PS+ as a service by itself would be worth it to me still because i did not know up until now that you could keep all the content that was given to you (except trials of course).

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Why is live better for online play right now? I never understood this, people some how magically think there is no lag just because it's Xbox live. lol whatever
    I can't speak for anyone else, but can provide a decision based on my own experience. I'm not sure where you're getting that people are some how magically thinking there is no lag because it's XBL. Has anyone said that? Which service has been better for you?
    the way i look at it, i still would not pay for online on PS3 but with PS4, it makes sense due to high quality servers that are required for this generation.

PS+ as a service by itself would be worth it to me still because i did not know up until now that you could keep all the content that was given to you (except trials of course).
    High quality servers? Where did that info come from? Who is providing those? Is that for every game that has online?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm sure they wish it was free but if theyre into online mp they will grumble a bit then they will pay. Just like Xbox Live users have been doing for years now since the 360 launch.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2014 at 21:51.

Forum Overseer
    I can't speak for anyone else, but can provide a decision based on my own experience. I'm not sure where you're getting that people are some how magically thinking there is no lag because it's XBL. Has anyone said that? Which service has been better for you?

High quality servers? Where did that info come from? Who is providing those? Is that for every game that has online?
    by high quality i mean dedicated servers...i'm just tired of saying dedicated servers in every post lol. dedicated servers. why can't we come up with an acronym for dedicated servers? that's retarded. people don't realize how difficult it is to write dedicated servers in online forum discussions.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I'm sure they wish it was free but if theyre into online mp they will grumble a bit then they will pay. Just like Xbox Live users have been doing for years now since the 360 launch.
    Well, I'm not sure when 360 people were grumbling... it's been a paid service since Xbox. Meh. Not really relevant to what I asked. Yes, a lot of PS4 people are online MP gamers. Hence the 2.1 million increase on PS+. I wouldn't think for even a fraction of a second that anyone, beyond a small group, bought PS+ with PS4 for free games, so far.
    by high quality i mean dedicated servers...i'm just tired of saying dedicated servers in every post lol. dedicated servers. why can't we come up with an acronym for dedicated servers? that's retarded. people don't realize how difficult it is to write dedicated servers in online forum discussions.
    Ok, where are the dedicated servers coming into play here? How is PS4 online MP going to be different than PS3?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well, I'm not sure when 360 people were grumbling... it's been a paid service since Xbox. Meh. Not really relevant to what I asked. Yes, a lot of PS4 people are online MP gamers. Hence the 2.1 million increase on PS+. I wouldn't think for even a fraction of a second that anyone, beyond a small group, bought PS+ with PS4 for free games, so far. Ok, where are the dedicated servers coming into play here? How is PS4 online MP going to be different than PS3?
    You honestly think nobody grumbled about having to pay to play mp on their games on Live? Doesn't matter if they always had to. Smh. lol And what I said has everything to do with what you asked. Its very relevant.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2014 at 22:24.

They will probably learn to love it like the rest of us when they realize that it is a service that pays for itself with free games. Like I said.....free games win.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    They will probably learn to love it like the rest of us when they realize that it is a service that pays for itself with free games. Like I said.....free games win.
    Yep exactly. Plus being a paid service is how PSN gets improved features like cross game chat for example which alot of people wanted.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I guess the free games can offset the cost, as long as it's content someone wants. Makes sense.

I would have paid because of the online. Besides Resogun, PS+ hasn't paid itself off yet lol. I would have bought Resogun for sure. Hopefully I'll pay off my PS+ dept.

Forum Overseer
    Ok, where are the dedicated servers coming into play here? How is PS4 online MP going to be different than PS3?
    it's going to be different in bandwidth. You don't need to get a player to host servers like you did on the PS3 or the 360.

some games might still be P2P but i think a good chunk of games, that would need these servers, such as COD Ghosts (especially), would benefit from it. and Ghosts, if i recall correctly, does use them.

not only that means no lag at all (except in the case of BF4 but that's unusual and should not happen) but also you are able to sport higher count of players...without these servers, massive games would not be possible such ass MMOs. a good chunk of this generation is going to focus on MMOs that aren't quite the same as they used to be. they will not be based on subscription but they will still be massive.

this is precisely why PS+ isn't required for MMOs that will end up asking for money for their servers anyway because they do more than just have quality servers...so they are now asking for it in ways of free-to-play sort of pay mechanics.

but otherwise, these servers per developer basis, per game basis would be expensive. it makes sense to me why Sony trashed SOCOM servers because those are dedicated ones. they cost a lot of money.

Forum Overseer
    @crow. Sony wouldn't charge for x-game chat, we know this because they're not charging for it on the Vita. it's just there. also well, i should've said first that PS4 has it as default anyway.

i'm sure it costs Sony money but it's likely not that high.

Thread Information