• XBONE XBOX LIVE

3 8.57%
  • UNDECIDED

3 8.57%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Even the map pack?s, ah brother you's just to rich

Stop rushing out and buying shiny things when they first arrive.
    I can't help it. If it is there, and I want it, I buy it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Does the xbox one store do the digital upgrade on certain titles, like PSN?
    OK after some research, yes they do, on some titles.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Umm, tell us what that is, and maybe we can tell you.
    Where if you had certain games on the PS3, you could pay to upgrade to the PS4 version

http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Where if you had certain games on the PS3, you could pay to upgrade to the PS4 version

http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/
    Apparently Ghosts was the only one so far that MS has done it on.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    PS+ is a paid subscription service that offers many features, one of which is the volatile access to certain games. The access to them is dependent purely on you paying for it. Thus you are renting them for use.

A rental subscription service, obviously.

You guys seem to think that if it's digital or continuously accessible then it's somehow not renting. That doesn't make any sense. It's something contingent upon you paying for its use. That's what renting means.
    no it's very clear what the issue is here. i think my last reply should clear that up.

i'm curious though, why is it a rental subscription service and not just a subscription service or a rental service. what would be the difference and why are you using both terms at once?

Friendship is Carrots
    All rental services are subscription services, but not all subscription services are rental services. PS+ is a paid subscription service with pay-dependent access (renting) to these certain games. It is both. I don't understand why this is so difficult.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    All rental services are subscription services, but not all subscription services are rental services. PS+ is a paid subscription service with pay-dependent access (renting) to these certain games. It is both. I don't understand why this is so difficult.
    i do understand fully. did you read my last post about the subject (it was a general post after I replied to you). it answers your question specifically.

I was speaking about Netflix. As to why you had referred to it as a "rental subscription" service...why both words and not one or the other?

EDIT: also I'm curious about this statement: "PS+ is a paid subscription service with pay-dependent access (renting) to these certain games."

Do you see why that's redundant? you said it's paid sub. but then you mentioned "pay-dependent access". why use that twice when we don't pay for the games separately.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-11-2014 at 22:21.

Power Member
    Items User name style

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i do understand fully. did you read my last post about the subject (it was a general post after I replied to you). it answers your question specifically.

I was speaking about Netflix. As to why you had referred to it as a "rental subscription" service...why both words and not one or the other?

EDIT: also I'm curious about this statement: "PS+ is a paid subscription service with pay-dependent access (renting) to these certain games."

Do you see why that's redundant? you said it's paid sub. but then you mentioned "pay-dependent access". why use that twice when we don't pay for the games separately.
    I think what he means by that is the games you have access to through PS+ are dependent on the subscription fee that you have to pay for PS+ (which is the case, I am just trying to clarify, if I understood what he is saying.)

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    You don't subscribe to rent. You subscribe to maintain access. Distinct difference. There are no rentals in PS+. That would be a separate transaction if that was the case
    PS+ has had rentals too with 1hr game trials. The entire game for 1hr.

24:2, white wash.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Cuz it is wrong, dude. First, saying "all rental services are subscription services" is incorrect. I can rent a video from a video store and not subscribe to anything. You used an apartment as an example earlier. Bad example. You are not renting an apartment "service" where you can use one and then another at will. Just doesn't happen. "Pay-dependent access" is not renting. You subscribe to the service and you get access to the benefits. You do not further engage in separate transactions (renting) to play games. It is simply a subscription. That is it. Saying "rent" is just a confused and inaccurate term. You wouldn't use it to describe Netflix. You wouldn't say you were renting Internet Explorer by subscribing to Xbox Live Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Did you pay a separate fee for that 1 hr trial?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

12. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post

24:2, white wash.
    1 undecided. It's a turning vote.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Cuz it is wrong, dude. First, saying "all rental services are subscription services" is incorrect. I can rent a video from a video store and not subscribe to anything. You used an apartment as an example earlier. Bad example. You are not renting an apartment "service" where you can use one and then another at will. Just doesn't happen. "Pay-dependent access" is not renting. You subscribe to the service and you get access to the benefits. You do not further engage in separate transactions (renting) to play games. It is simply a subscription. That is it. Saying "rent" is just a confused and inaccurate term. You wouldn't use it to describe Netflix. You wouldn't say you were renting Internet Explorer by subscribing to Xbox Live Gold.
    I've amply demonstrated otherwise multiple times. It's fine if you disagree, but it just means you're ignoring definitions for personal interpretation.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    doesn't white wash mean something else in the states?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I've amply demonstrated otherwise multiple times. It's fine if you disagree, but it just means you're ignoring definitions for personal interpretation.
    I'm not going to rehash what you think you have "amply demonstrated". And by the way, you could have just left it at "It's fine if you disagree" and cut out the snarky bull$#@!.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    It's more like leasing rather than renting.

Anyway, look at that, 24 to 2 TSSSSSSssssss

Extreme Poster
    but words like leasing, renting, subscribing are interchangeable words. which is why this conversation keeps going lol. we're all right in some sense or another.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    It's more like leasing rather than renting.

Anyway, look at that, 24 to 2 TSSSSSSssssss
    Would you think that the numbers would be different on a playstation site? lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Would you think that the numbers would be different on a playstation site? lol
    you said that before, I tend to usually ignore those. We can certainly go into the history of this site if you would like even though it's a playstation site but that is another topic. Also, saying something like that and I know, I know, you own both, but really though, that comment comes off as nothing more than sour grapes, no matter how fair you try to put it. However, vote poll numbers like this aren't anything new and all of the votes on other sites pretty much came up the same way with Sony taking quite a big lead anyway.

21. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    you said that before, I tend to usually ignore those. We can certainly go into the history of this site if you would like even though it's a playstation site but that is another topic. Also, saying something like that and I know, I know, you own both, but really though, that comment comes off as nothing more than sour grapes, no matter how fair you try to put it. However, vote poll numbers like this aren't anything new and all of the votes on other sites pretty much came up the same way with Sony taking quite a big lead anyway.
    It was a serious question....

Any question that is asked about Sony is sour grapes. Unless I cheer for Sony, I'm biased, sour grapes, or God knows what else... Can't ask a freakin' question without the accusal police trampling along?

I asked a simple question. Would you think the numbers would be different on a playstation site? Either answer it, or just ignore it. No psyco-babble bs on how you THINK I am. Jesus.
    Last edited by F34R; 02-12-2014 at 02:46.

Forum Sage
    No, he's right. That's a very clichéd statement and this isn't the first time you are posting on this forum.

If you don't agree with it (the results), just say so....it's not a big deal. We all know this is a PlayStation site so it is a bit silly to ask that kind of question -- to point that out, do you really believe people don't know what site this is? So, how serious of a question was that really?

Anyway, the poll is just that, a poll. It does represent the opinion of this community. People's opinion that follow (explaining why) are more interesting anyway since there is something to discuss (or argue over -- you get the point.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-12-2014 at 03:02.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    No, he's right. That's a very clichéd statement and this isn't the first time you are posting on this forum.

If you don't agree with it (the results), just say so....it's not a big deal. We all know this is a PlayStation site so it is a bit silly to ask that kind of question -- to point that out, do you really believe people don't know what site this is? So, how serious of a question was that really?

Anyway, the poll is just that, a poll. It does represent the opinion of this community. People's opinion that follow (explaining why) are more interesting anyway since there is something to discuss (or argue over -- you get the point.)
    It's equally cliché to "brag" over the same thing. It isn't the first time it happened. Everything you said applies straight forward of the "landslide" victory dances.

How serious... $#@!, I asked the damned question. I wanted to see an answer. Otherwise, ignore it. That is all. No need to carry on about it. I'm out.

Forum Sage
    lol, I am not counting the results. I don't really care. There was no point to that question. You were pointing out the obvious.....and you know why you were. Come on.

EDIT

I am bit confused by this statement:

Everything you said applies straight forward of the "landslide" victory dances.
    What do you mean by that?

Also, what kind of answers were you expecting? You know what the answer was going to be.....everyone knows what site this is...
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-12-2014 at 03:14.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Whatever. I swear.. I asked it the same reason you're asking me... take it or leave it. Let's leave it there. If you don't want to answer the question, then don't. No need to take a question into an entire discussion. Just ignore it. Done.

Forum Sage
    Whatever. I swear.. I asked it the same reason you're asking me... take it or leave it. Let's leave it there. If you don't want to answer the question, then don't. No need to take a question into an entire discussion. Just ignore it. Done.
    It's a PlayStation site. The results are going to be reflective of the community.

There. I've answered the question. Now, you don't really believe people don't know what site this is, so what was your point in asking?

EDIT

You were quick to fire back earlier in response to demi with the following:

Any question that is asked about Sony is sour grapes. Unless I cheer for Sony, I'm biased, sour grapes, or God knows what else... Can't ask a freakin' question without the accusal police trampling along?
    You feel that way....and yet you took no issue with labeling the entire community as that? (since the community is PlayStation based, the results are going to be "biased" in favor of PlayStation.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-12-2014 at 03:22.

Thread Information