Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: YouTube on PS4

PSN ID
    nervegas_ds

YouTube on PS4

i see a lot of people asking for a youtube app on the ps4. thing is, you don't really need one. just go to the web browser and enter the url www.youtube.com/tv and it will bring up the "tv friendly" version of youtube. it looks, and works, exactly the same as the ps3 app.

here is a screen shot taken from my ps4.

all the videos work. just press square to make the browser fullscreen and make sure the pointer is over the video you want to view, and the on-screen buttons you want to press. i hope this helps those of you wanting to watch youtube on your ps4.

2. Likes OregonViking likes this post
    Apprentice
    Items PS3 Fat
    I don't really feel the need for an app for the ps4 at all. It's quicker to search videos on my phone and play them through the tv, you can queue up a playlist and control everything from the phone. Gives the ps4 a bit of a break as well.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Handy to know, especially as YouTube videos are slow to work on my phone so I mainly use the Vita but still cool!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

PS4 should have the option to upload videos with share to youtube directly , not only to Facebook

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix7G7 View Post
    PS4 should have the option to upload videos with share to youtube directly , not only to Facebook
    That's been touted for a while, it'll be coming methinks.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeah, just like we don't need "apps" when we can access "programs" from the profile files folder

PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    that would be nice, but youtube's content id system is really screwing with how people post lets plays and reviews. i'm sure sony has been working with youtube on some sort of deal. but partnering with twitch, ustream, facebook, and twitter, is much easier seeing how they don't have so many arbitrary rules regarding "fair use" copyright law. most of the youtuber's that i subscribe to are just playing free games, indie titles, and minecraft. i haven't seen a ps4 or xbox one game in a while now.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Yes. We need this.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    What I've found with the web based YouTube is that some of the buttons and functions that would have worked with the previous YouTube app don't work the same or as easily. For instance, to select a video to watch from one of the horizontal menus, you have to move the 'mouse cursor' over the video box and then hit X to select it. The previous app would allow you to use the analog sticks to move from vid box to vid box which to me seems more fluid.

Also, I find trying to go back to the main YouTube menu screen is sometimes tricky if you're in the middle of watching a full screen vid clip...IMO, I think having a dedicated App would just make more sense. I'd love to see a Pandora app as well, but that's probably asking too much..heh

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Extreme Poster
    fairly sure at this point that youtube did not want Sony to let PS4 stream and save stuff to youtube. could be various reasons, first that comes to my mind is clutter. second is breaking rules (nudity etc.).

i think eventually we will get it once everything is sorted out and Sony has more control over how we stream.

Thread Information