Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103
  1. #26
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Drive Club isnt even done yet so why drag that game into this? And at least that game runs on a next gen graphics engine that already looks better than Forza 5. And it does matter that Forza 5 runs on a last gen engine with mostly barren tracks. Why doesnt the other x1 exclusives run at 1080p? Why are the multiplats all inferior on X1?
    Well, ps4 is mentioned in the topic which is sort of misleading IMO, and lethal listed a whole list of xb1 tiles so whats the issue with me bringing up those? Titanfall isnt finished either so why is it ok to mention that one? Xb1 does have other games that run in 1080p. Why are the multiplats on it not stacking up to the ps4? That could be for a number of reasons. I do find it interesting that you avoided answering my questions about the ps4 games that don't hit 1080p or 60fps. Should we say that PS4 can't do 1080p or 60fps because those games don't hit it? No, because we know it can but when xb1 does people seem to want to ignore it.

    I don't think it comes down to it being far less powerful like this dev stated.

    Now it seems like everything has reversed but it doesn’t mean it’s far less powerful – it’s just a pain in the ass to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Dude, you know racing games are the easiest to achieve 1080p @60fps. There just isn't much to render. It is not like having to render an open world, or an area with particle effects out the ass. Come on man lol

    Racing games should not even be mentioned as an example lol

    And I believe the track detail is straight from Forza 4 if I am not mistaken. 360 also ran Forza 4 at 60fps..
    It doesn't matter. you are making excuses as to why xb1 is hitting it but not when ps4 doesn't. If racing games are the easiest then why is drive club still not 1080 60fp according to the devs. Is that why it got delayed again. Is it because they are trying to hit that?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-09-2014 at 17:28.

  2. #27
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,706
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    74,170 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    C'mon.. the visuals with Forza 5 are top notch. "it doesn't matter" was most likely referring to mistercrows belittling of Forza 5 for being on a an enhanced Forza 4 engine, with barren tracks. lol.
    Sure....and my point is that you just can't throw at any game and say "look! 1080p/60fps!" Forza has become the poster-child for dismissing resolution-gate game after game after game. But you're just not gonna equate Forza with all the other games out there as if they have the same stuff going on.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  3. #28
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Dude, you know racing games are the easiest to achieve 1080p @60fps. There just isn't much to render. It is not like having to render an open world, or an area with particle effects out the ass. Come on man lol Racing games should not even be mentioned as an example lol And I believe the track detail is straight from Forza 4 if I am not mistaken. 360 also ran Forza 4 at 60fps..
    Yep it is. You can still see some of those ugly looking last gen trees on alot of tracks (not all though) for example. They cleaned the game up nice but you can still tell that its running off the old Forza 4 engine. And 90 percent of the tracks are pretty barren without much being rendered onscreen.

  4. #29
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Titanfall isnt finished either so why is it ok to mention that one?
    Because it is confirmed....


    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep it is. You can see some the ugly looking last gen trees on alot of tracks (not all though) for example. They cleaned the game up nice but you can still tell that its running off the old Forza 4 engine. And 90 percent of the tracks are pretty barren without much being rendered onscreen.
    So it would make sense for Forza 4.5 to still run at 60fps.

    Before anyone thinks I am trolling Forza 5. Let me say this. I absolutely love this game. But the facts are the facts. I also love Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. But they would be better in 1080p. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-09-2014 at 17:30.

  5. Likes sainraja , Christopher likes this post
  6. #30
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Well, ps4 is mentioned in the topic which is sort of misleading IMO, and lethal listed a whole list of xb1 tiles so whats the issue with me bringing up those? Titanfall isnt finished either so why is it ok to mention that one? Xb1 does have other games that run in 1080p. Why are the multiplats on it not stacking up to the ps4? That could be for a number of reasons. I do find it interesting that you avoided answering my questions about the ps4 games that don't hit 1080p or 60fps. Should we say that PS4 can't do 1080p or 60fps because those games don't hit it? No, because we know it can but when xb1 does people seem to want to ignore it. I don't think it comes down to it being far less powerful like this dev stated. It doesn't matter. you are making excuses as to why xb1 is hitting it but not when ps4 doesn't. If racing games are the easiest then why is drive club still not 1080 60fp according to the devs. Is that why it got delayed again. Is it because they are trying to hit that?
    Drive Club was unfinished and was never going to make the launch date thats why. Even the press who had hands on said the code looked unfinished. And you disagree with the developer who says X1 is less powerful? Didnt you say in other threads that you didnt have enough knowledge on the subject to even argue it? Now you do? lol

  7. #31
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,648
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,367 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Well, ps4 is mentioned in the topic which is sort of misleading IMO, and lethal listed a whole list of xb1 tiles so whats the issue with me bringing up those? Titanfall isnt finished either so why is it ok to mention that one? Xb1 does have other games that run in 1080p. Why are the multiplats on it not stacking up to the ps4? That could be for a number of reasons. I do find it interesting that you avoided answering my questions about the ps4 games that don't hit 1080p or 60fps. Should we say that PS4 can't do 1080p or 60fps because those games don't hit it? No, because we know it can but when xb1 does people seem to want to ignore it.

    I don't think it comes down to it being far less powerful like this dev stated.
    COD, AssCreed, are where the comparisons are being drawn. apples to apples.

    If the XB1 were able, those games would hit the same target as their PS4 counterparts. As lethal said, all PS4 games are running @1080p.

    XB1 is pushing out 720p games. It has exclusives that run @720p too.

    Also, PS3 and 360 can output 1080p. it's not that hard a feat. the point being made is that XB1 struggles to maintain visual parity with ps4 @1080p
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  8. Likes Christopher , Lethal likes this post
  9. #32
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    COD, AssCreed, are where the comparisons are being drawn. apples to apples.

    If the XB1 were able, those games would hit the same target as their PS4 counterparts. As lethal said, all PS4 games are running @1080p.

    XB1 is pushing out 720p games. It has exclusives that run @720p too.

    Also, PS3 and 360 can output 1080p. it's not that hard a feat. the point being made is that XB1 struggles to maintain visual parity with ps4 @1080p
    Somebody dump some water on him. Because HE'S ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #33
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Because it is confirmed.... So it would make sense for Forza 4.5 to still run at 60fps. Before anyone thinks I am trolling Forza 5. Let me say this. I absolutely love this game. But the facts are the facts. I also love Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. But they would be better in 1080p. Just sayin.
    Yep I think Forza 5 is the king of racing sims right now but like you said facts are facts. Its not me just trying to "belittle" Forza. I've said time and again that its a brilliant racing series. But that doesnt change what I said regarding the other stuff.

  11. #34
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    COD, AssCreed, are where the comparisons are being drawn. apples to apples. If the XB1 were able, those games would hit the same target as their PS4 counterparts. As lethal said, all PS4 games are running @1080p. XB1 is pushing out 720p games. It has exclusives that run @720p too. Also, PS3 and 360 can output 1080p. it's not that hard a feat. the point being made is that XB1 struggles to maintain visual parity with ps4 @1080p
    Thats an accurate summary right there.

  12. #35
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    LMAO! Nothing belittling about it. Its a fact. Barren tracks like Laguna Seca and others-check, graphically enhanced Forza 4 engine - check. You can even see some of the old assets. Racing games are the easiest to achieve this anyway. Thats why Forza 5 is the only 1080p X1 exclusive. And almost all the multiplats on it are only 720p. Smh.
    You should probably learn more about a game before talking about it.

    Here is a Leguna Seca, real vs FM5. Put that "fact" to rest. If you're going to call Leguna Seca a barren track, it doesn't have $#@! to do with XB1/FM5.
    Enhcanced FM4 engine? Where the heck did you pull that from? I'd love to see a source.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Dude, you know racing games are the easiest to achieve 1080p @60fps. There just isn't much to render. It is not like having to render an open world, or an area with particle effects out the ass. Come on man lol

    Racing games should not even be mentioned as an example lol

    And I believe the track detail is straight from Forza 4 if I am not mistaken. 360 also ran Forza 4 at 60fps..
    Yes, you're mistaken, and FM4 ran at 720p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sure....and my point is that you just can't throw at any game and say "look! 1080p/60fps!" Forza has become the poster-child for dismissing resolution-gate game after game after game. But you're just not gonna equate Forza with all the other games out there as if they have the same stuff going on.
    Oh, I agree with comparing FM5 to KZ:SF... I was just hinting to what I thought he meant by "doesn't matter".
    Last edited by F34R; 02-09-2014 at 17:46.




  13. #36
    Power Member
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    111,037 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If xbox-one didn't have 1 game that was 1080p i could see how this would be an issue, but we know it does 1080p. Don't forget forza is the only 1080 60fps exclusive out there.
    This stat doesn't really mean anything. There were technically 1080p games on the PS3, and (iirc) 1280x720p titles on the original Xbox.

    What matters is what all is going on in the game at that resolution. Is it pushing next gen effects or do they have to tear away huge chunks out it from a technical level to hit the resolution?

    In this case the Xbox One is having to make concessions in order to stay afloat at heightened resolutions. Tombraider, for instance, the Xbox One is at a drastically reduced framerate and with considerably lessened effects.

    The Xbox One will never catch up to the PS4 because it will always be a considerably weaker machine.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-09-2014 at 17:48.


  14. #37
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    13,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The PS3 managed 1080p@60fps at launch with Ridge Racer, its not about if it can reach 1080p/60fps with anything, the Xbox 360 can manage it too, thats not the achievement
    it's what is being displayed at 1080p/60fps or even 30fps
    Both can throw graphics out at 1080p/60fps but the PS4 can throw out better graphics at 1080p/60fps while the X1 can not
    People mention Forza 5, but that is basically Ridge Racer and anything more graphically demanding isn't gonna happen.

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  15. #38
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Because it is confirmed....
    So its ok to mention Titan Fall because its confirmed 720 but it's not ok to mentioned driveclub because it's confirmed to be 30fps.


    So it would make sense for Forza 4.5 to still run at 60fps.

    Before anyone thinks I am trolling Forza 5. Let me say this. I absolutely love this game. But the facts are the facts. I also love Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. But they would be better in 1080p. Just sayin.

    So xbox1 having games that run1080p is not a fact? Why are you ignoring that?

    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Drive Club was unfinished and was never going to make the launch date thats why.
    So if Driveclub releases at only 30fps what will be the excuse then? Should we assume that ps4 is struggling to hit 60fps and 1080p because two games don't hit that target?

    Even the press who had hands on said the code looked unfinished. And you disagree with the developer who says X1 is less powerful? Didnt you say in other threads that you didnt have enough knowledge on the subject to even argue it? Now you do? lol
    First, i never said anything about not having knowledge about the games resolution and framerate. My lack of knowledge was about the architecture and game coding and how it all works. This is about the games are 1080p on both.


    Ps4 has more games running at 1080p....fact
    Xbox-one has games running in 1080p..... fact
    All games on ps4 aren't 60fps......fact
    All games on xbox-one aren't 60FPS...fact
    Xb1 has more games running in 60fps right now...fact
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-09-2014 at 18:09.

  16. #39
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    This stat doesn't really mean anything. There were technically 1080p games on the PS3, and (iirc) 1280x720p titles on the original Xbox.
    I wonder if they were native 720p, or just "supported" by being up-scaled. There are a handful that "support" 1080i on the original xbox.




  17. #40
    Power Member
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    111,037 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So its ok to mention Titan Fall because its confirmed 720 but it's not ok to mentioned driveclub because it's confirmed to be 30fps.




    So xbox1 having games that run1080p is not a fact? Why are you ignoring that?
    1080p is a useless milestone if you have to sacrifice a ton relative to the competition to hit it.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-09-2014 at 18:08.


  18. #41
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Developers are smart. Some will find methods to equalize the performance of the machines in some regards. But that's all it really means. The PS4 still has that lead over the Xbox One, and developers will tap into it about as well as the XB1.

  19. Likes sainraja likes this post
  20. #42
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You should probably learn more about a game before talking about it. Here is a Leguna Seca, real vs FM5. Put that "fact" to rest. If you're going to call Leguna Seca a barren track, it doesn't have $#@! to do with XB1/FM5. Enhcanced FM4 engine? Where the heck did you pull that from? I'd love to see a source. Yes, you're mistaken, and FM4 ran at 720p. Oh, I agree with comparing FM5 to KZ:SF... I was just hinting to what I thought he meant by "doesn't matter".
    Why are you always so defensive and offended when it comes to X1? And you say youre not biased. BS. lol I know all about Forza. I've been following the series since day one. And just because Laguna Seca is a real world track that is barren doesnt change the fact that barren tracks in the game will use less resources and improve performance. Why isnt DR3 and Ryse 1080p? Why are most of the multiplats on X1 720p? I think Fijonce (spelled wrong ) and Vulgotha explained it best.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2014 at 17:55.

  21. #43
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    29,450 (0 Banked)
    Every generation is the same as before....how unfortunate. =/

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Developers are smart. Some will find methods to equalize the performance of the machines in some regards. But that's all it really means. The PS4 still has that lead over the Xbox One, and developers will tap into it about as well as the XB1.
    Well said.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-09-2014 at 17:57.

  22. #44
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So its ok to mention Titan Fall because its confirmed 720 but it's not ok to mentioned driveclub because it's confirmed to be 30fps.

    So xbox1 having games that run1080p is not a fact? Why are you ignoring that?
    1. Is there a recent source confirming the details of Drive Club?

    2. Have you read anything? We know all the consoles in the last 10 years can do 1080p. The problem is the Xbox One is struggling to do it.

  23. #45
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Why so offended when it comes to X1? And you say youre not biased. lol I know all about Forza. I've been following the series since day one. And just because Laguna Seca is a real world track that is barren doesnt change the fact that barren tracks in the game will use less resources and improve performance. Why isnt DR3 and Ryse 1080p? Why are most of the multiplats on X1 720p? I think Fijonce (spelled wrong ) explained it best.
    I'm not offended at all. I'm just posting accurate information. How about I post inaccurate information about something, and you correct me on that? That doesn't mean you're offended or biased, does it? This $#@! isn't about me at all. It's about someone posting something that isn't accurate and tries to portray it as a fact; when indeed it isn't. No where did you say anything about Legauna Seca being a barren track, and it increases performance. That's just bs.

    Why isn't DR3/Ryse 1080p, $#@! if I know. Why don't you explain it?




  24. #46
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

    Why isn't DR3/Ryse 1080p, $#@! if I know. Why don't you explain it?
    That is part of this issue here. Why are those games running under 1080p? Why are 80% of the XB1 library running under 1080p?

  25. #47
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm not offended at all. I'm just posting accurate information. How about I post inaccurate information about something, and you correct me on that? That doesn't mean you're offended or biased, does it? This $#@! isn't about me at all. It's about someone posting something that isn't accurate and tries to portray it as a fact; when indeed it isn't. No where did you say anything about Legauna Seca being a barren track, and it increases performance. That's just bs. Why isn't DR3/Ryse 1080p, $#@! if I know. Why don't you explain it?
    You sound offended because you come across really snarky. As for the other exclusives not being 1080p I think its because the X1 cant run the graphical fidelity with effect, lots of stuff rendered onscreen, etc. at full 1080p resolution. Same reason multiplats suffer on it. And theres nothing non-factual about what I said regarding Forza 5. And you think its bs that barren environments and less stuff onscreen helps performance? So having resources freed up doesnt help performance? Talk about bs. Lethal has Forza 5 and is saying the same thing. Is he full of crap too? Smh.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2014 at 18:09.

  26. #48
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The thing about racing games is this. Why the hell would the scenery look outstanding in the middle of the track? Especially an area where you should be flying by at 100mph? The devs know you will not see anything, and the detail is obviously going to be trimmed down.

    I noticed this a lot in Forza 5 when I was trying to take cool pictures of my cars. I would notice the trees looked like $#@! and I would have to drive around looking for a nice detailed spot. The starting line obviously has the most detail as you start there at 0mph. Racing games are just a $#@!ty example to prove anything. Only real detail is in the cars and the pavement.

    UNLESS! It is an open world racing title. 2 totally different types of games.

  27. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  28. #49
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    The thing about racing games is this. Why the hell would the scenery look outstanding in the middle of the track? Especially an area where you should be flying by at 100mph? The devs know you will not see anything, and the detail is obviously going to be trimmed down. I noticed this a lot in Forza 5 when I was trying to take cool pictures of my cars. I would notice the trees looked like $#@! and I would have to drive around looking for a nice detailed spot. The starting line obviously has the most detail as you start there at 0mph. Racing games are just a $#@!ty example to prove anything. Only real detail is in the cars and the pavement. UNLESS! It is an open world racing title. 2 totally different types of games.
    Yeah the trees on alot of the tracks is one of the more noticeable leftover Forza 4 assets.

  29. #50
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


    I have no doubt in my mind that the XBone software may improve to be comparable to launch PS4 title quality. The question is whether or not people are willing to bet the PS4 is just going to stand still while it happens and how long it will take.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.