Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103
  1. #51
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,835
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,698 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't think Xbox will ever catch up. Aside from the fact that PS4 will also improve its innards via firmware updates, Sony has the likes of ND, GG, PD, SP and many other talented studios who share development tips and tricks. That's 16 internal studios that helped shape the tech and will be sharing info between themselves. Then there's ICE.

    For those who don't know what ICE is:
    In addition, Naughty Dog is home to the ICE Team, one of Sony's World Wide Studios central technology groups. The term ICE originally stands for Initiative for a Common Enginewhich describes the original purpose of the studio.[9] The ICE Team focuses on creating core graphics technologies for Sony's worldwide first party published titles, including low level game engine components, graphics processing pipelines, supporting tools, and graphics profiling and debugging tools. The ICE Team also supports third party developers with a suite of engine components, and a graphics analysis, profiling, and debugging tool for the RSX. Both enable developers to get better performance out of PlayStationhardwares.[10][11]
    IMHO Sony is simply better prepared and set up for there to be parity this gen.

  2. #52
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    1. Is there a recent source confirming the details of Drive Club?
    is it confirmed to be anything else than 30fps?

    2. Have you read anything? We know all the consoles in the last 10 years can do 1080p. The problem is the Xbox One is struggling to do it.
    So does that mean ps4 has a problem with 60fps because killzone or no other exclusive title released runs in 1080p 60 fps? Should we assume that it does?

  3. #53
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,643
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,030 (0 Banked)
    Lol. They should have had an ICE team in the early days of PS3. Actually Sony didn't know how to program it either lol..

    Hardware guys handed it to the software guys and said "it's fast now do something with it"

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #54
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,542
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    81,736 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    is it confirmed to be anything else than 30fps?
    So you have no source. I have a source that says Drive Club can not be confirmed to run in 30fps or 60fps at this time. So no, nothing is confirmed.

  5. #55
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    So you have no source. I have a source that says Drive Club can not be confirmed to run in 30fps or 60fps at this time. So no, nothing is confirmed.
    No nothing is confirmed. We know what we know. Now what about the questions i asked in the last post?

  6. #56
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,542
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    81,736 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No nothing is confirmed. We know what we know. Now what about the questions i asked in the last post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So does that mean ps4 has a problem with 60fps because killzone or no other exclusive title released runs in 1080p 60 fps? Should we assume that it does?
    No other title? I listed like 5 other exclusives that run in 1080p @60fps. Come on man, stop reading only what you want to read.

    Tomb Raider = 60fps on PS4
    Tomb Raider = 30fps on XB1

    Now decipher that one please.
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-09-2014 at 17:52.

  7. #57
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    So you have no source. I have a source that says Drive Club can not be confirmed to run in 30fps or 60fps at this time. So no, nothing is confirmed.
    no nothing is confirmed . we know what we know. Now what about the questions i asked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    No other title? I listed like 5 other exclusives that run in 1080p @60fps. Come on man, stop reading only what you want to read.
    What 5. name them. Why are you ignoring my questions about the order and KZ.

    Tomb Raider = 60fps on PS4
    Tomb Raider = 30fps on XB1
    yes tomb raider on ps4 is the better version. It hits those framerates on both but doesn't maintain them. Now why is it ok to give credit to tomb raider that uses a last gen engine which turns out to run better on ps4, but try to take away the fact that forza hits 1080p 60 fps on which some claim to be a last gen engine. Its ok if ps4 benefits but not ok if xb1 does?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-09-2014 at 17:59.

  8. #58
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,059
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    23,665 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS4 will always be ahead even if Xbox One eventually does get to 1080P/30fps, PS4 will just add in sharper textures, more lighting effects, etc.

    They are almost identical chips, Xbox lucked out by using CPU space for eSRAM while Mr. Mark Cerny went with more graphics cores and GDDR5.

    The performance difference is pretty darn clear, I wonder what the **** the Xbox team were thinking with the Xbox One and what were they even doing those past 6 years?
    Last edited by mickice; 02-09-2014 at 17:58.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  9. #59
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,542
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    81,736 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    no nothing is confirmed . we know what we know. Now what about the questions i asked?
    You need to read. Your question was answered a long time ago.


    Resogun is also 1080p @60fps.
    Knack is 1080p @30-60fps.
    Diablo 3 is 1080p @60fps (confirmed)
    Trine 2 as well.
    Killzone MP @60fps
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-09-2014 at 18:29.

  10. #60
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,787
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    37,929 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Um does 1080p@60fps forza 5 have whether system? Or night racing? Or any effects than can be considered next gen or taxing? It's definitely a 360 game with higher geometry count and bumped up resolution....better yet just a TR definitive edition sort of thing (enhancements), only difference is the 360 version never made it out

  11. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  12. #61
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,875
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,510 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What is this "catching up" bs? Are people assuming devs won't also learn to tap more out of the PS4 as well?

    IGN has a list of games with their resolution on both systems.

    http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS...and_Framerates
    Last edited by Serinous; 02-09-2014 at 18:13.




  13. #62
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,787
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    37,929 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Um does 1080p@60fps forza 5 have whether system? Or night racing? Or any effects than can be considered next gen or taxing? It's definitely a 360 game with higher geometry count and bumped up resolution....better yet just a TR definitive edition sort of thing (enhancements), only difference is the 360 version never made it out

  14. #63
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,542
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    81,736 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Server Errors are pissing me off..... I can not post or view a damn thing right now.

  15. Likes keefy likes this post
  16. #64
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    You need to read. Your question was answered a long time ago.


    Resogun is also 1080p @60fps.
    Knack is 1080p @30-60fps.
    Diablo 3 is 1080p @60fps (confirmed)
    Trine 2 as well.
    Killzone MP @60fps
    Knack isn't 60 fps.It goes above 30 and below that at times, and and KZ hits 60 but doesn't maintain it. Ive played these games. Knack alo doesn't have a lot going on onscreen. The others as you guys would say "doesn't push the hardware". Now why do people give credit when the ps4 does that but not when xbox-one does it? Why when a game like Max the Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault hits 1080p 60 fps its because they aren't pushing the hardware. A game like KZ and drive club isn't 60fps, and The order isn't 1080p on ps4 is Ok. But if its a game on xb1 the same game would be considered inferior. I'm trying to see why are there all these double standards.

  17. #65
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,875
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,510 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Knack isn't 60 fps.It goes above 30 and below that at times, and and KZ hits 60 but doesn't maintain it. Ive played these games. Knack alo doesn't have a lot going on onscreen. The others as you guys would say "doesn't push the hardware". Now why do people give credit when the ps4 does that but not when xbox-one does it? Why when a game like Max the Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault hits 1080p 60 fps its because they aren't pushing the hardware. A game like KZ and drive club isn't 60fps, and The order isn't 1080p on ps4 is Ok. But if its a game on xb1 the same game would be considered inferior. I'm trying to see why are there all these double standards.
    but u do acknowledge that the x1 is the weaker system?




  18. #66
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,643
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,030 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    but u do acknowledge that the x1 is the weaker system?
    He will not acknowledge that. I think he's one of those people from reddit4

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #67
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    but u do acknowledge that the x1 is the weaker system?
    It has nothing to do with what im saying. I'm saying why all the hypocrisy. Why is 30fps cool on ps4 but not xb1? Why is it ok if KZ fame rate dips and its not ok if Dead rising does it?

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    He will not acknowledge that. I think he's one of those people from reddit4

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    It has nothing to do with that. Its more about people ignoring the title of the thread being totally false,and not wanting to admit it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-09-2014 at 19:07.

  20. #68
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,344 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    but u do acknowledge that the x1 is the weaker system?
    I don't think there is any debate in regards to specs on paper.




  21. #69
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,478
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    70,957 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It has nothing to do with what im saying. I'm saying why all the hypocrisy. Why is 30fps cool on ps4 but not xb1? Why is it ok if KZ fame rate dips and its not ok if Dead rising does it?



    It has nothing to do with that. Its more about people ignoring the title of the thread being totally false,and not wanting to admit it.
    There is no hypocrisy. You're just comparing apples and oranges because you are making up an argument as you go and it doesn't make a lick of sense.

    And there is nothing wrong with the title....

    the only problem is…Part of the problem is that it’s just a little bit too small to output 1080p within that size.
    Unless you are saying the "Will Catch Up to PS4" is totally false. In that case, you might be right.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  22. #70
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    There is no hypocrisy. You're just comparing apples and oranges because you are making up an argument as you go and it doesn't make a lick of sense.
    There is plenty of it. I'm not saying everyone does it but there is certainly a double standard with some. I have given examples of it.


    And there is nothing wrong with the title....
    I disagree. if there were no 1080p titles then i would .

  23. #71
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,478
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    70,957 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There is plenty of it. I'm not saying everyone does it but there is certainly a double standard with some. I have given examples of it.
    So why isn't every X1 game 1080p/60 fps? Forza is. So every X1 game should be.

    I disagree. if there were no 1080p titles then i would .
    The guy is saying that have to work harder to get it to 1080p because the eSRAM is too small

    “It means you have to do it in chunks or using tricks, tiling it and so on.
    Title reflects what he is saying....thus correct.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  24. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
  25. #72
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,344 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There is plenty of it. I'm not saying everyone does it but there is certainly a double standard with some. I have given examples of it.



    I disagree. if there were no 1080p titles then i would .
    If the title is taken in the proper context, it's just fine.

    This dev says that the esram is too small for them to output 1080p from the esram.




  26. #73
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,092
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    63,876 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    There is no hypocrisy. You're just comparing apples and oranges because you are making up an argument as you go and it doesn't make a lick of sense.
    I'm not saying everyone does it but there is certainly a double standard with some. People contradict themselves about this stuff. Maybe they don't realize it but they do.


    And there is nothing wrong with the title....
    Are there games that use ESRAM on xbox-one that are in 1080p?


    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    So why isn't every X1 game 1080p/60 fps? Forza is. So every X1 game should be.
    probably the same reason that all games on ps4 aren't 1080p/60fps. the problem is that its only considered a problem when its xb1 not doing it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-09-2014 at 20:38.

  27. #74
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,478
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    70,957 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm not saying everyone does it but there is certainly a double standard with some. People contradict themselves about this stuff. Maybe they don't realize it but they do.




    Are there games that use ESRAM on xbox-one that are in 1080p?

    if you answer that question yes, then I wouldn't call that title a fact.
    See F34R's post above. He explains it better.

    You relied to the same post twice. I'll ask again...why isn't every game on X1 1080p/60 fps if Forza is?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  28. #75
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,542
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    81,736 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Knack isn't 60 fps.It goes above 30 and below that at times, and and KZ hits 60 but doesn't maintain it. Ive played these games. Knack alo doesn't have a lot going on onscreen. The others as you guys would say "doesn't push the hardware". Now why do people give credit when the ps4 does that but not when xbox-one does it? Why when a game like Max the Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault hits 1080p 60 fps its because they aren't pushing the hardware. A game like KZ and drive club isn't 60fps, and The order isn't 1080p on ps4 is Ok. But if its a game on xb1 the same game would be considered inferior. I'm trying to see why are there all these double standards.
    I am trying to figure out if you are in denial, or are just not understanding this.

    Bottom line is this. All PS4 games are in 1080p. XB1 is struggling to achieve 1080p. It is that plain and simple.

    You can toss a blanket over the situation all you want. I can put a picture over a hole in my wall. But that does not fix the hole in my wall lol

  29. Likes sainraja likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.