Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: EA are fu**ers

  1. #1
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    EA are fu**ers

    Before I continue, I want to say that DICE has done a wonderful job with the BF series, overall. I somewhat liked BF:BC when it first came out but the engine (frostbite) seemed broken at first. The game was full of glitches and unfinished gun mechanics and gameplay itself.

    Overall it seemed like they were trying to make a watered down BF game on consoles (which it was). Back then, I really just wanted a BF2 port.

    Let’s fast forward to BF3 for a sec. This was another amazing game. It felt great, they fixed all the things that was wrong with the series…for the most part, you know good enough to play. Then they came out with this service called Premium.

    I never cared for it and honestly it didn’t even matter. All it gave you were a couple of new weapons that were more or less insignificant in value but later I found that they did offer new play style once I did get Premium on sale. Overall, it didn’t matter to me because the game felt complete without it. It was cool to check out the newer maps but you know, wasn’t a big deal to me. There were good enough maps already.

    Now with BF4, they finally fixed just about everything wrong with BF3. There are more weapons, they are all distinct. The attachments actually matter now and they’re difficult to choose. Yes, there is lag but that is likely temporary. The game itself has been pretty good.

    So my friend told me that he had the China Rising expansion and I figured I’d get the Premium service again. My son kept asking me to unlock weapons that only unlock with Premium so figured I’d make the jump. I already had $50 on my PSN wallet.

    Once I did, I realized how much content there was in there. I was quite happy with my purchase. You get 5 expansions that will come with their own weapons, maps, likely vehicles and new equipment and you get all the extra goodies and stuff like different sort of knives/camo. Overall it felt good spending $50 on it. Right away I had more weapons that the BF3 Premium did and we’re still in the first expansion! There were also additional equipment that you could have as different classes.

    Firstly the new maps are amazing, they’re way more expansive than the ones you get with the game. The game really feels more complete and the maps give reason for you to use half of the guns you did not feel, that it would be worthwhile to use…like the very very long ranged weapons. So that was like, wow…very cool, now I can play it in a completely different way. Well worth it!

    With the Support class you get this new gadget called the UCAV and it’s sort of like a missile that shoots like a mortar but you have control over it. It’s very easy to control it and it’s extremely powerful. I was getting one hit kills on vehicles of all kinds. I was blown away. Wow…this is going to change the way I play this game. Totally, completely. This is so helpful and important. Nice.

    But then I started thinking about it…and I thought…wait a second…so…what they’re saying is…that, in order for me to get complete enjoyment out of this game and to fully utilize the potential of the guns/equipment/vehicles…I need to buy the Premium? …

    Boom.

    Wow. And then it came to me, “EA are fu**ers…” So basically you’re buying a starter pack for $60. And then if you want to continue playing it after a couple of months…yes, a couple of months. You need to pay another $50 or you’re going to be playing a piece of $#@! for the next however many months or years you play. What a bunch of greedy ass motherfu**ers. And what a great way to swindle people.

    Correct, there’s a lot of value there but the problem isn’t content, the problem is potential. BF4 is an unfinished product if you just want to play vanilla (just the game you bought). I do feel that BF3 felt a lot more complete from the beginning because they had not thought of Premium until later or close to launch. They made BF3 with the premise that it would last you a couple of years and it did for me.

    BF4 starts out good but you clearly will start to notice that some weapons, equipment AND vehicles do not have enough area to operate in an efficient way. They are overkill. You do not need these things for the default/vanilla maps. I had China Rising on PS3, but now after playing it again, I completely see how some of the items in the game are a lot more useful because the original maps are somewhat small. Smaller than BF3 maps even. Why did they do that? Because EA wants to sell you an incomplete game so they can charge you more for it once you realize how complete the game is with Premium.

    Sure, it’s great, now that I’m waiting for the expansions and extra goodies. But honestly, it feels like $60 full games are done whether we like it or not. It doesn’t matter if we didn’t allow them to raise the prices, they will just give us a lesser product. It’s like when food businesses lower the amount of ingredients or the overall amount of food itself rather than raising the price. This is what EA likely is going forward with this generation. It’s like I love DICE for making a great shooter but yet we have to sign a deal with the devil.

    I want there to be a new shooter that can take its place but I feel like it will never happen (never say never lol I know) and I hope someone like Codemasters finally make a good Operation Flashpoint game that people want to play but DICE is too far into this game at this point and they have gotten a lot of things right. It's a behemoth franchise at this point and I just don't see how anything would stand a chance for a number of years. I feel like I honestly don’t have a choice. I can't just stop playing it too because I need my online competitive fix and no other game has it right now.

    Bottom line, it’s a great game but I’m still unhappy about their practices. I hope people realize this sooner than later…because it’s going to get worse moving forward.

  2. #2
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,369
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    6,566 (0 Banked)
    Yes EA are greedy but there are not enough developers who make modern warfare games apart from Infinity Ward and Codemasters. They are to scared of a dominant wipeout.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  3. #3
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I really hope PS4 changes this but they are going to $#@! us over this entire generation.

    I might have to start buying their games once they go down in price like I have been with COD games. Though I still buy COD games. I might or might not skip Ghosts but I have skipped a couple of COD games in the past altogether.

    As long as something else can provide a good experience, I might start to boycott EA games.

  4. #4
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Varsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    W-s-M
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,815
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    24,563 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    This has started since the testing waters of DLC, people constantly purchase micro-DLC in order to add to the game on day 1 that was already in there in the first place just to unlock. If people didn't purchase this DLC then there wouldn't be such ludicrous micro-DLC and day 1 unlocks in the first place. This went on for so long and successfully that the publishers started trying it out with premium packs (like what you've described Sufi), Capcom are also the offenders here. They bring out a game and decide to stick a "premium" tag onto it to justify the extra price when all you're getting is an invisible unlock code for the DLC that's already in the game, or simply put it's a day 1 expansion pack!

    If developers want to make an expansion pack then fine that's ok, I think it's perfectly fine to sell an expansion pack and that's how it used to be, but setting it as a premium is extortion. Premium or Collector's Edition releases I feel should mean something special to the player and that's what I feel has been lost over the last few years, these CEs are now nothing more than wrapped up DLC that's used in game, whatever happened to my map that I could look at in my hand, the figurine that I can display in my cabinet, the mini board games that I can play on a table, plus various other stuff. Rome II: Total War, BioShock Infinite and Guild Wars 2 are what Collector's or Premium Editions should be, hell in the Rome II CE I had to create my own replica Onager, I mean seriously how cool is that?!

    If the game is digital only then I don't mind if the premium edition is DLC (as it has to be) however if the content is separate and does not require the game then, and only then, is it a proper Premium Edition. Star Citizen for instance is giving those that have paid a fair bit on Kickstarter T-Shirts, a special Squadron 42 card (physical), Modding manuals (physical or digital), and many other things - you can buy them separately too (other than the card) - now why can't Capcom or EA do this? Ok I have to admit that Capcom do add figurines to their special editions which I did get for SF4 at first release.

  5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
  6. #5
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good points Varsh.

    My argument about the Day 1 DLC is that...if the game is worth $60 to you as it is, then I don't care about Day 1 DLC. Because to me, it's not about being there on the disc already but more to do with what is already there.

    Because I know content costs money to the developer. That's extra work for them. I know they have a specific budget to work with. They could easily just not make more content and put it out as DLC because we wouldn't complain about something that's not there to begin with.

    They can wrap up two games in one and charge us $120 for it if it's worth it...that's fine...(however won't ever happen due to marketing issues with that).

    I also don't mind expansions...I remember when expansions meant that the game was "expanding", not "now complete" or "getting there".

    BF4 has a new mode or two but unlike COD, it lacks modes. Without modes, the game feels incomplete.

    Basically the games aren't $60 anymore. They're around $90 now. That's basically what it means. Oh, also, with the BF3 Premium, you would get the original game with it...the new Premium is digital only...which means that now they have full control over how much they charge for it and it will never go down in price...not until next year or maybe two...

    so you're stuck with an incomplete game and OK maps.

    and it would be ok if i had something else to move on to but instead i just paid to get one game for the price of two. this is the new future.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-10-2014 at 17:33.

  7. #6
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,742
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    60,834 (0 Banked)
    Sufi you are correct about EA being what you say they are, but I don't mean to sound like jerk but where have you been these last few years? Most game developers and publishers have been giving us half baked games since the beginning of the last generation, making us pay for extra content as if games were getting cheaper and they had to somehow gives us not full games and charges for the little extra things.


  8. #7
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Sufi you are correct about EA being what you say they are, but I don't mean to sound like jerk but where have you been these last few years? Most game developers and publishers have been giving us half baked games since the beginning of the last generation, making us pay for extra content as if games were getting cheaper and they had to somehow gives us not full games and charges for the little extra things.
    you are correct and i have yet to buy any single one of them. i guess the only reason i speak here is because i generally play online games more and i have more vested interest in this.

    i have skipped just about all DLCs for my previous purchases because I generally just end up selling the game. I still haven't used my GTA 5 blimp DLC that came with the game because I know I'm gonna sell it one day and I don't care about having a blimp.

    You are right though because there are times I have been tempted to buy DLC...but generally these are single player games or games I would not care to keep playing online...so it doesn't get to me as much.

    BF and COD are really the only two franchises right now where you can go and play online competitive matches. SOCOM 4 (while I despise it) is an option but not anymore since the servers went down. Same with SOCOM: Confrontation. Also they're on PS3.

    I have no other choice but to stick with EA games right now because I can't stand COD after a little while lol.

    EA buys awesome developers and then $#@!s you over by hiding behind these talented people. It's difficult to boycott a good game. I would call it "almost" one of the best games ever if the Premium content was already on the disc...actually that's unfair...i'd say even if the game felt "complete" I would say it was one of the best ever.

    Right now, it feels like they added all that extra content, weapons, vehicles to make you "think" it's a game with robust content but technically it's not when you don't need half of it. I never needed the GLA until the new maps. I never could see the use of SRR sniper (that has an insane range) until the new maps were shown. Same with just about half of the engineer's equipment. and let's not even talk about the support LMGs that are pointless up close and Assault class that plays better with carbines (lol). The maps aren't big enough to justify half the ARs!

    It's just ridiculous. I remember when BF3 first came out and just about had all sorts of maps. Most were huge...and our first expansion (one of the best ones) was free!

  9. #8
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,743
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    14,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You are rather late on this one, Sufi. EA is one of those companies which love to screw customers up. I recommend reading about their newest move, Dungeon Keeper for iOS.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  10. #9
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    You are rather late on this one, Sufi. EA is one of those companies which love to screw customers up. I recommend reading about their newest move, Dungeon Keeper for iOS.
    Oh I know this has been going on for a while but I didn't know that it would come down to where they're literally selling you half games! I remember last gen when DLC was additional but if you thought the game was worth it then you didn't care for it.

    I couldn't figure out why I wasn't using half the weapons in BF4 until I started playing on the bigger maps. To me, that's a huge problem. I'm going to be careful about their games from now on. If no other shooter comes out, I might take a break because the series is getting stale even if they keep adding stuff to it.

    I want a full scale war game. Like an MMO. Will wait for Planet Side 2, not into sci-fi but not against it either.

    P.S. Will check out what Dungeon Keeper is about. Thanks. It's good to stay informed.

  11. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
  12. #10
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,181
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    18,063 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Here comes a rant........


    But is it really Ea fault? Early in the gen DLC was mostly cosmetic stuff. Then pre-order bonuses started to come out more than PS2 era. We all laughed, and even gringed at the stuff. Yet here companies are making it and it is growing to the point console games are starting to be like ios games. Ea, Activision, Capcom, you name the company they are all doing some test runs to see if this is something they can do, get away with, and profit on.

    And you know what.....so far it is making profit but is the company the true evil ones? No

    We the consumers are. We brought all of this on to ourselves. Sure there is some people who are completely against all this, so much so to the point that they out right refuse to buy the game but has it mattered? No it has not mattered one bit because, statistically speaking, the majority of those players who complain about it still spend the money to get it. I am guilty of it, Sufi is guilty, I am sure others are, and yes I gringe when I do it but really what choice do I have? Not buy it and have a bunch of stuff, most good, locked away from me? Do I gimp myself because I think this is a bs move? No, much like a person who keeps going back to an abusive relationship knowing the outcome I do it and so do others.

    We where all able to come together as gamers and stand up for online passes yet we can not join in against content being locked behind a paywall. It is getting worse to. Elder Scrolls Online locks an entire race behind a pay wall, not to mention you pre-order you can choose any race to any faction thus breaking the lore. This marks the first time a sub based MMO is trying to pull this so time will tell if it works. God help us if it does.

    Now lets look at this gem of a game Batman Origins. http://www.psu.com/a022446/Batman--A...g-on-DLC-no-pa
    They regonize bugs, some preventing from people completing game, yet they are ignoring them for the DLC. Bet if the dlc sells good they will fix bugs.

    So console gaming is at a big cross roads. The left path is the test are successful so now almost every game by these big devs will have content locked behind a paywall. Wanna play this arena in Madden well you need the madden pass. Want to get this gun well you need this pass. This is very scary as anyone who plays those ios games know it can suck your money away. Sure you paid $60 for the game, but wait you need to drop another $60 for the super awesome stuff.

    The right path is we the gamers stand up and refuse to buy games that do this. Which will NEVER happen. Look at Madden, look at COD, these games are rehashed pieces of $#@! with little to no difference between this year and next yet people buy them in the millions. So you may not like it and you are not alone in it, but this is happening and when it gets as bad as ios games, which it will, I am $#@!ing done with consoles. Long live idie game devs who don't do this $#@!.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 02-10-2014 at 18:36.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  13. #11
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,974
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,881,957 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There's a reason EA has been voted the worst company in America the past few years.

  14. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
  15. #12
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,181
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    18,063 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    There's a reason EA has been voted the worst company in America the past few years.
    Yet other do it and are way worse and people praise those companies. Also those votes are a joke, EA worse than PETA lol, I mean LOL
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  16. #13
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    EA reminds me of the government in that, while the president is a problem, the other problem is the congress (board). I don't know if anything with EA's Andrew Wilson is taking effect yet but this year will certainly determine if Andrew Wilson is running EA or if he's a puppet to the board of directors. Right now I'm starting to think the main problem in EA is the board of directors.

  17. #14
    Apprentice
    OregonViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific NW
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Age
    23
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    4,867 (0 Banked)
    Sony should man up & make Mag 2 as a Battlefield killer. PS4 Exclusive. Your reasons as to why you must have a premium account are why I am avoiding BF4 completely. Pay to win is an ugly look, EA. I truly respect WarFrame's developers, while you must grind if you want good items as F2P player at least the items are obtainable. I'd much rather support a small studio like Warframe's that have worked their ass off & buy some platinum than support EA's monopoly.

    As a big sports game fan, they have long screwed over Madden lovers like me with mere roster updates & removing features only to add them a few years later again as "new features". I know I am one of millions who would love to see 2k get a chance to make another NFL game, or even NCAA. I'd support them fully. However supporters of this years 2k basketball game will be sad to know that they seem to have went the way of EA in terms of paying for a full experience If possible, I try to avoid EA games entirely. Haven't buckled on Madden 25 as many said its a port with minor improvements. Though I will probably get the next one this August.

  18. #15
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^Good point. I would give MAG 2 a try if it ever came out. Anything from Sony I might give it a try but Sony is guilty too with their online passes, which I suppose are going away this generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Here comes a rant........


    But is it really Ea fault? Early in the gen DLC was mostly cosmetic stuff. Then pre-order bonuses started to come out more than PS2 era. We all laughed, and even gringed at the stuff. Yet here companies are making it and it is growing to the point console games are starting to be like ios games. Ea, Activision, Capcom, you name the company they are all doing some test runs to see if this is something they can do, get away with, and profit on.

    And you know what.....so far it is making profit but is the company the true evil ones? No

    We the consumers are. We brought all of this on to ourselves. Sure there is some people who are completely against all this, so much so to the point that they out right refuse to buy the game but has it mattered? No it has not mattered one bit because, statistically speaking, the majority of those players who complain about it still spend the money to get it. I am guilty of it, Sufi is guilty, I am sure others are, and yes I gringe when I do it but really what choice do I have? Not buy it and have a bunch of stuff, most good, locked away from me? Do I gimp myself because I think this is a bs move? No, much like a person who keeps going back to an abusive relationship knowing the outcome I do it and so do others.

    We where all able to come together as gamers and stand up for online passes yet we can not join in against content being locked behind a paywall. It is getting worse to. Elder Scrolls Online locks an entire race behind a pay wall, not to mention you pre-order you can choose any race to any faction thus breaking the lore. This marks the first time a sub based MMO is trying to pull this so time will tell if it works. God help us if it does.

    Now lets look at this gem of a game Batman Origins. http://www.psu.com/a022446/Batman--A...g-on-DLC-no-pa
    They regonize bugs, some preventing from people completing game, yet they are ignoring them for the DLC. Bet if the dlc sells good they will fix bugs.

    So console gaming is at a big cross roads. The left path is the test are successful so now almost every game by these big devs will have content locked behind a paywall. Wanna play this arena in Madden well you need the madden pass. Want to get this gun well you need this pass. This is very scary as anyone who plays those ios games know it can suck your money away. Sure you paid $60 for the game, but wait you need to drop another $60 for the super awesome stuff.

    The right path is we the gamers stand up and refuse to buy games that do this. Which will NEVER happen. Look at Madden, look at COD, these games are rehashed pieces of $#@! with little to no difference between this year and next yet people buy them in the millions. So you may not like it and you are not alone in it, but this is happening and when it gets as bad as ios games, which it will, I am $#@!ing done with consoles. Long live idie game devs who don't do this $#@!.
    I get your point. That's true, it's also the consumer's fault but it's really heir fault first and then the sheeple buys in. We, core gamers, can't stop this from happening, yes.

    Although I am guilty, I was very successful at keeping DLC off me last generation and it didn't bother me much. Now it's happening in sort of games that I like to play constantly. So given the amount of play I get out of it, I figured it was fair...especially since my son loves this series. but either way, I'm still going to be ignoring DLC. I will not pay for that.

    For some reason, I don't care about Single Player DLC...I can still play the game, finish it and never look back. Only reason I single out EA is because I deal with them in this sort of thing, I know this is happening though I don't know of many other publishers (including Activision) that go this far.

    COD is a balanced game, it doesn't need the extra stuff from DLC...I don't know about Ghosts but Black Ops 2 only had one additional gun from DLC. I couldn't care less about that. The game felt complete otherwise.

  19. #16
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    3,406 (0 Banked)
    I agree about EA.

  20. #17
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,742
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    60,834 (0 Banked)
    Unfortunately that's our gaming reality, tbh is not that I support EA but I do love the BF franchise since BF3 and EA is to blame for such a horrible launch for BF4 since they rushed DICE to release it. But hey, I guess there's not much we can do but try to enjoy the games.


  21. #18
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,411
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    29,481 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Sufi you are correct about EA being what you say they are, but I don't mean to sound like jerk but where have you been these last few years? Most game developers and publishers have been giving us half baked games since the beginning of the last generation, making us pay for extra content as if games were getting cheaper and they had to somehow gives us not full games and charges for the little extra things.
    Not $50 dollars for additional content. You can't really equate the two.
    --
    Activision is doing this too, with Call of Duty. Maybe not as bad, but they are close enough.

  22. #19
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,812
    Rep Power
    199
    Points
    139,571 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    thing is though, $50 is not bad for what they offer. There are 5 expansion packs. That's about 4 maps per expansion. that's 20 extra maps. then you have the extra guns and such...so it's worth the money. just that they designed the game so that once you look at the other maps or likely equipment/weapons/vehicles, you will feel that you need to get it in order to fully experience the game...actually, now that i think about it, other than a few guns, most guns are the same we already had, just that we have new gun mechanics.

    so really, they didn't even give much for what they already charged for.

  23. #20
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,743
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    14,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Last time I bought something from EA was SSX (PS3) and even then I was disappointed.
    I'm not going to buy Battlefront 3, Titanfall or Mirror's Edge 2. I have zero trust on EA.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  24. Likes HellsJester likes this post
  25. #21
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,498
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    47,987 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm old school hatin EA.

    Have been mostly avoiding them since they closed off my favourite studio back in 2001.
    Bullfrog.

  26. Likes Mael Duin, HellsJester likes this post
  27. #22
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,763 (0 Banked)
    My biggest gripe with EA is that they totally killed off their EA Big! Division and are doing nothing with those titles and the damn nfl license

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  28. #23
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I'm sorry that it took you until BF4 to realize this.

    The only EA game I buy anymore is Fifa. Thankfully it is one of their last titles that are actually of good quality.


  29. #24
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,540
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    54,115 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah EA have always been knobs but unfortunately for me they publish games I want to play. I said I would boycott their Origin service but it had games I wanted to play so I gave in and have a few games on it. I never buy directly through Origin though as I always use CDKey websites.

    Until the stop publishing decent games I'll always be part of the problem.

  30. #25
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    thing is though, $50 is not bad for what they offer. There are 5 expansion packs. That's about 4 maps per expansion. that's 20 extra maps. then you have the extra guns and such...so it's worth the money. just that they designed the game so that once you look at the other maps or likely equipment/weapons/vehicles, you will feel that you need to get it in order to fully experience the game...actually, now that i think about it, other than a few guns, most guns are the same we already had, just that we have new gun mechanics.

    so really, they didn't even give much for what they already charged for.
    yea but EA is the company that was also ragging on Activision for pricing their map packs at $15 while EA is doing the same thing now. LOL

    What I really hate though is the fact that in the end, I for some reason keep buying their games pre-order. I try not to, but I will say that EA are professionals to getting people to buy their games even if previous games ran like crap. They sure know how to hype of the gamers. Even if I always end up trading in the game a few months later.

    One thing is certain though, which I'm glad I didn't buy the premium. I played the heck out of BF4 when it launched on the PS4 so I did technically get $60 worth of enjoyment.


    This also comes down to why do I always buy The Sims when knowing damn well I'm going to be forking over, over $100 for that game. I'll tell you why, EA does have good games potentially and they know this and they know how to market the hell out of their games to expand that hype into everything including impulse purchases.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 02-11-2014 at 14:06.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.