Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The name change was something fun that was never meant to be permanent. At least that is what I believe. And the section could easily be removed as it is probably the least favorite section among the site staff. But the section is still intact because we know there are members that use it for actual comparisons, instead of dumbass fanboy wars. But that still does not mean the section can't *poof away.

Forum Overseer
    i don't get the point of the section. unless i could cuss people out (which I would btw ), without getting an infraction.

i have never paid attention if i'm replying to threads from this section or the other.

though sometimes i look in this section for comparison stuff.

i just wish we had an easier way to see which threads are being viewed the most or is trending...trending is very important, especially with a small user base.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i don't get the point of the section. unless i could cuss people out (which I would btw ), without getting an infraction.

i have never paid attention if i'm replying to threads from this section or the other.

i just wish we had an easier way to see which threads are being viewed the most or is trending...trending is very important, especially with a small user base.
    Some also do not understand why we have Xbox forums here either. But we do because we are accommodating the members that do have Xbox's and such. And I actually do like the comparison section when it is used properly. I do enjoy seeing comparisons because I want to see what games look and run best on which console. I am a multi console owner.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style

Erm...Chris?!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Erm...Chris?!
    Yeah....not sure. will have to look into it. Like the idea though.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    There should already a way to view those types of statistics.

Forum Overseer
    @Lethal, oh i love those and i'm not even a multi console owner. i still need to know what sort of deal i'm getting into. if it weren't due to the comparisons last gen, i would not have even thought about giving up my PS3 and i would not have held Sony to a higher standard than they had set last gen.

yeah, that's really the only reason i go in that section anymore. i don't intend to change my posting style just for that section. and i'm used to being nice to people so it doesn't bother me

@Chris. it's only been like the umpteenth time i've mentioned it lol. that is the only reason i was for consolidating the forums like the NEOGAF but i understand the reason to keep it this way. we just need an easier navigation...i promise you guys, it will help the forums tremendously. i honestly think our biggest problem is organization than anything.

8. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    So, after 8 years of the same old $#@! from the other side of the coin, our forum staff gets in a tizzy over a few months of steam-letting? That seems a bit odd.
    The name change was 100% me. The staff had nothing to do with it and in all honesty it isn't something I intended to keep longer than a few days. I was in a smart ass mood and came up with it after a random staff discussion. Please don't read into it passed your friendly and slightly bizarre CM having a bit of fun. FYI it wasn't aimed at either side, more the culture in general.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Sufi,

There are some stats for likes, hot threads and such here.

Probably not as detailed as you want though.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sufi,

There are some stats for likes, hot threads and such here.

Probably not as detailed as you want though.
    oh yeah, i've seen those. i think what i mean is, something that shows which threads are gaining popularity in those categories.

those seem like the all-time stats.

this way we can keep track of which threads are gaining traction.

there have been countless times that the drama had already gone for 2-3 days and i wasn't in it. it fills me up with emotions and feelings. no one cares about comments on a thread after 2-3 days, it's a tragedy.

EDIT: What's New takes care of that a bit but it still does not give you a good idea and it also has posts that are made on general threads that have been there for a while. i wish i could clearly see which thread is getting the most replies or which has gotten the highest views in the past day or so.

EDIT: In other words, i want your life to be harder than it is.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-12-2014 at 15:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    This is the only forum I know of that even has a section like this.
    I also dont really understand what you said. Other side of coin? Steam-letting?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    In Gamespot, their biggest forum section is System Wars lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The name change was 100% me. The staff had nothing to do with it and in all honesty it isn't something I intended to keep longer than a few days. I was in a smart ass mood and came up with it after a random staff discussion. Please don't read into it passed your friendly and slightly bizarre CM having a bit of fun. FYI it wasn't aimed at either side, more the culture in general.

Sent from my GT-I9000
    Oh, it's just funny to me. I think a year from now, people will get bored with the cross-platform title comparisons. The whole "power of the cloud" or 'hidden GPU' and "but but bu tha ESRAM" stuff coming from Team X kind of brought about a prolonging on the pain, though.

In my honest opinion, MS should have just stuck to their guns about the general entertainment stuff and planted their flag on that. Ever since E3, they've changed their messaging on that because the gaming community has been crucifying them though. Rather than everyone chilling out, it has given people a reason to continue the onslaught. Oh well.
    Last edited by Lefein; 02-12-2014 at 16:09.

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    oh yeah, i've seen those. i think what i mean is, something that shows which threads are gaining popularity in those categories.

those seem like the all-time stats.

this way we can keep track of which threads are gaining traction.

there have been countless times that the drama had already gone for 2-3 days and i wasn't in it. it fills me up with emotions and feelings. no one cares about comments on a thread after 2-3 days, it's a tragedy.

EDIT: What's New takes care of that a bit but it still does not give you a good idea and it also has posts that are made on general threads that have been there for a while. i wish i could clearly see which thread is getting the most replies or which has gotten the highest views in the past day or so.

EDIT: In other words, i want your life to be harder than it is.
    Without going into too much work, you can kinda see that on the first page of each section I guess.

Writing some code that tracks what you're saying and displays them in a section... well, doable. I did it with irshell.org. I'll see if I can find a back up and see how much code would have to be changed to fit this site.

Forum Overseer
    well, sex...err i mean, system wars sell.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    In Gamespot, their biggest forum section is System Wars lol
    Gamespot also has a terrible reputation.

Ultimate Veteran
    Hey, things HAVE to be good if admonishing the Playstation fanbase on a Playstation forum is the thing to do.

18. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Without going into too much work, you can kinda see that on the first page of each section I guess.

Writing some code that tracks what you're saying and displays them in a section... well, doable. I did it with irshell.org. I'll see if I can find a back up and see how much code would have to be changed to fit this site.
    that's what i do now but i can easily miss threads that i haven't check or were missed.

whereas this sort of trending thing would somewhat work like a news feed or a passive notification system.

sometimes it's very important for threads to gain traction within minutes or hours. if you miss a day, it might not be so hot anymore.

i wish we had a way to track all of this, including new threads. new posts somewhat helps but you'd have to constantly check it and interpret the information (such as, you'd have to know if the post is being made in a new thread or an old thread...and even then you don't know if the thread is gaining traction or not).

just a few of these (i'm assuming difficult to program for) stats will help the traffic flow better.

you know, sort of like, coding to the metal kinda thing. we keep it tight, convenience wins every time.

EDIT: It's kinda like the live from PS streaming channel. i go in there once in a while and immediately i know which channels are popular. i don't waste time. if i had to look at the entire list (still easier than looking for hot threads on these forums), i would likely not go in there as much.

i go in for a few secs...i'm curious as to what is hot right now and why. convenience = profit.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-12-2014 at 16:20.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    let me interpret. he's saying that after all the pixel-counting circle jerking that happened when 360 had better-looking multiplats, the mods did not react, up until now...after a few months of Xbox users letting out steam, now that PS4 has better-looking multiplats. i think it's somewhat true but whatever. i think it's a combination of things, we're as a forum have decided to trivialize the wars, which is good, i'm always up for making fun of it...but it also happens to be around the time where imo Xbox users feel frustrated due to all the negative news surrounding the X1. primarily now with the comparison threads, which have been entertaining I'm not going to lie lol. it's funny to see how humans will cling on to anything when the ship is going down. incidently, this is precisely why i made a comment in one of the sales thread where i started that once PS4 starts to really sell as much as it should be (if it had stock), which will happen in the coming months, Xbox users will suddenly be less interested in sales. soon the mantra will be changed to "it's games that matter." that Xbox would likely not have and that's what PS3 users said when the PS3 wasn't doing so well...except they were right about the games part. so yeah, good wars, i thought the section title was funny. though i can certainly see that it's being directed towards the PS4 users. i mean, let's be honest, it's embarrassing watching the X1 in the ring lol...like i said earlier, balls deep :P
    Good points. Although I think the name change is funny what you and Lefein have said is actually true. I've already noticed the double standards of the gaming press that made such a big deal about inferior multiplats and sales on PS3 suddenly downplay these things now that the tables have turned but I never expected to see those same double standards here on a PlayStation site. Sometimes it seems like out of fear of being viewed as a "fanboy" site the powers that be are apologizing for this being a PlayStation forum. lol A PlayStation site that admonishes the PlayStation community for being PlayStation fans. Go figure. And now that the tables are turned and the Xbox fans here are getting upset and frustrated the staff is suddenly considering getting rid of this section? Its not the elimination of the section (if it happens ) I mind its the reason for it. Just seems like a double standard to me.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-12-2014 at 18:13.

Forum Overseer
    but they make money!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    so yeah, good wars, i thought the section title was funny. though i can certainly see that it's being directed towards the PS4 users. i mean, let's be honest, it's embarrassing watching the X1 in the ring lol...like i said earlier, balls deep :P
    lol It really isn't. People have read entirely too much into this. It was literally 100% on a whim without any planning or consultation with the team. I just made the joke about the forum name in a discussion then did it because I could. I didn't have PS or XB people in mind as I went into adminCP...it was done in the spirit of satire; a playful dig at pixel counting in general.

Forum Overseer
    i see what you mean. actually, i worded that wrong. what i meant to say was that it "seems" like that it is directed towards them which is why i stated that it's a very lop-sided comparison section right now...it would give the impression of that...hence why i think some people are criticising. I'm not.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    So, after 8 years of the same old $#@! from the other side of the coin, our forum staff gets in a tizzy over a few months of steam-letting? That seems a bit odd.
    lol no. You're acting like we're reacting based on some whiny fanboy cried that the big bad PS guys are making fun of him.

It's not as 'measured' as that, I assure you.

Instead of complaining that you don't get to "make fun of people" - like admittedly, some smug members did when the PS3 wasn't so hot, just man up and play your games.

No need for "revenge" - irrational, close-minded, bullheaded people will be the way they'll be anyway.
    Last edited by Admartian; 02-12-2014 at 19:22.
    I am the oncoming storm.

25. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Veteran
    I literally LOL'd when I saw this section title. This thread though, LOL at the serious responses to this.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    lol no. You're acting like we're reacting based on some whiny fanboy cried that the big bad PS guys are making fun of him.

It's not as 'measured' as that, I assure you.

Instead of complaining that you don't get to "make fun of people" - like admittedly, some smug members did when the PS3 wasn't so hot, just man up and play your games.

No need for "revenge" - irrational, close-minded, bullheaded people will be the way they'll be anyway.
    Irrational and closed-minded.. I reserve that term for the people that can't see that the difference between these two machines goes beyond a few pixels or the brand labels on them. It's sad when a New York Times journalist can put it better than anyone else..
    A philosophical war is being waged in the world of video game consoles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/te...on-4.html?_r=0

So, please excuse me if I don't exactly fit into the box with the rest of the rabble throwing spears from upon high horses. Marginalize, defend and hurl any platitude you want. There's no good guy badge for being a "real gamer" these days.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 02-16-2014 at 16:30.

Ultimate Veteran
    We have a term for those boys.......fan.

I do like the comparison side of section though. Owning all major consoles, I like to see which console is running the game the best. Then I can decide which platform to buy it on. Nobody should care if I think the PS4 is better than the Xbox One, or vice versa. Some people actually think they gave birth to baby Xbox's or Playstations, or something.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the concept. And you know I'm all for discussing various platforms, not just PlayStation. It keeps things interesting.

It's when the "winning team" feels the need to take revenge on the "losing team" (in this case it seems like Sony is winning), despite the more modest approach to games they had with the PS3 when it was struggling in the first couple years. I can tell who will take sides and defend their newest console -- especially when they aren't shy of proclaiming an early console war victory in their signature.

Of course there are fanboys on both sides but I feel like ignoring the bull$#@!, whether someone is undermining Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo, is better than reacting to it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-13-2014 at 01:49.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

29. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    This thread is more funny then the name change!

31. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post

Thread Information