Hybrid View

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Review: captivating thriller guilty of magnificence

http://www.psu.com/a022469/Danganron...f-magnificence

Summary
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is easily one of the PlayStation Vita's niche gems with rock solid presentation and a gripping story that doesn't let you go till the end.
    Dude gave it a 9. Ernest never gives out scores like that according to Lasombra (reviews manager). Gonna have to check it out. Love the look of the game.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    This is a really fun game. Definitely has a 999 or Virtue's Last Reward vibe to it, but with Ace Attorney style gameplay (as mentioned in the review). Highly recommend folks try out this game.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Definitely sounds interesting, I loved the Ace Attorney games, I want to play it now actually haha

It is kinda crazy. lol. Takes some time to get to the actual "trials", but builds it up nicely. Really enjoying it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Good review, had mine pre ordered for a while. Aussie release is in a few days

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I saw one of them in the series played by someone on the subway in Japan. It looked fun so I'm glad its actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I saw one of them in the series played by someone on the subway in Japan. It looked fun so I'm glad its actually good.
    Yeah man...it is a damn good game. Great story, interesting quirky characters, lots of mystery about what is going on. And the sequel is coming out this year from what I understand to the PS4.

4 weeks later and a ton of hours.....I finished it. $#@!ing hell.....that is one awesome game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I am dieing to play this game, virtue's last reward is my fav vita game, I am sure this game will leave the same taste in my month. But I gave vita to my bro for a few month:(
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    How long did it take you?

I bought it day 1 as i said above but still haven't had the time to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I am dieing to play this game, virtue's last reward is my fav vita game, I am sure this game will leave the same taste in my month. But I gave vita to my bro for a few month:(
    I haven't finished Virtue's Last Reward yet, but I did finish 999. So far, I'd say danganronpa is better than both.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    How long did it take you?

I bought it day 1 as i said above but still haven't had the time to try it
    About 30 hours on the harder setting. It is a pretty long game. Some of the controls take a little while to get used to as do some of the class trial mini-games, but after a little while you don't even notice. The story is pure Spike Chunsoft. Weird, mysterious, and...yeah...weird. The characters are awesome and probably the most memorable characterizations I've seen from Chunsoft so far (also played 999 and Zero Escape).

So ready for the sequel.
    Last edited by Christopher; 03-16-2014 at 10:22.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    how does difficulty works?
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

how does difficulty works?
    There are three modes: gentle, kind, and mean. Not really that much difference. Mean adds some more obstacles. For example, in the "Make your argument" segment of the class trials, you have "bullets" with arguments associated with them. You use these bullets to shoot down statements made by others when there is a contradiction. So the other characters will saying stuff and some of their words will be highlighted in yellow. If you have a bullet that contradicts the statement in yellow then you tap on the yellow words and shoot the bullet which serves as a Phoenix Wright "Objection!" mechanism. On "Mean", there will also be lines of text in purple that get in the way of your bullets. You have to pop those off using the touchpad on the back of the Vita in order to get a clear shot of the yellow text.

There are a few other disadvantages that are thrown in like there are times when you can slow stuff down, but on mean it is limited. There are other things that the tutorial for each mini-game point out that don't apply to "kind" settings, but I can't remember them all. I played on mean and it wasn't very difficult and it only really applies to the mini-games.

The rest of the game is more narrative and investigation. There are "free time" segments where you can choose to spend time with other characters (very much like Persona 3). Doing this help build up advantages that are applied in the mini-games (such as extra bullets, steadier aim, etc.). You also get a trophy for completing each character's "report card" which is basically spending time with them and finding out everything there is to know about them. After you finish the game, you can go back and replay segments to fill in parts you may have missed the first go and get the trophy. I'm anything but a trophy $#@!, but I fill compelled to Platinum this game!

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Only just noticed this. Sounds like a must-buy then!

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Thanks man, as far as I understand, hard is not mean alot to me. I am dieing to see plot twists , interesting chars and mind blowing ending of it D:
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Thanks man, as far as I understand, hard is not mean alot to me. I am dieing to see plot twists , interesting chars and mind blowing ending of it D:
    Sounds like this game is right up your alley, bro.

Thread Information