PSU Live Streamer

Hideo Kojima Praises The Power Of The PS4

source

"Between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best."

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has praised the power of the PS4, saying it's able to render 1080p at 60fps "with room to spare".
    The video game veteran made the comments in an interview with Famitsu (via DualShockers), explaining that the console allows him to get closer to photorealism than ever before.

"I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best," he said. "Its also excellent for graphics, being able to render 1080p at 60fps with room to spare. Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. Its the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at."
    It's worth noting that Kojima does make reference to the console being the best out of those available in the Japanese domestic market, thereby not comparing it to Microsoft's Xbox One, which is set to release in Japan some time later this year.
    Yesterday Kojima revealed that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was developed with an 80's movie filter effect placed over the graphics, though it had to be removed as it proved to be too much of a drain on the system's resources.

The next Metal Gear fix we'll get will be Ground Zeroes, which is essentially the prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The full version of Metal Gear Solid V being split into two games has been explained by Kojima as being a result of the release of PlayStation 4.
    While the release date for Ground Zeroes was recently announced, Kojima has warned fans against expecting Phantom Pain any time soon, as there's apparently still a good deal of work that needs to be done.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    1080/60fps confirmed then?

Other things he said about the game

Here are a the most relevant new points made by Kojima-san during the interview:
    • You can play each mission a number of different times, since there are a variety of routes and possibilities available. It’s comparable to NES games of the old days in terms of replayability and longevity.
    • Thanks to the PS4′s memory it’s possible to load the map in the background without the loading times that were necessary for instance in the first Metal Gear Solid when you moved from room to room. This creates a challenging “game of hide-and-seek.” Kojima-san wanted to develop the first Metal Gear like this on MSX2, but couldn’t because of hardware limitations.
    • The voice from the iDROID is played from the built-in speaker of the DualShock 4.
    • The game looks even more beautiful on the screen of the PS Vita via Remote play.
    • Kojima-san’s aim with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes was to create a photorealistic game, that looked like an actual picture.
    • He actually didn’t try to convey the sensation of what you see the naked eye, but he attempted to imitate something seen through the lenses of a camera, especially thanks to the real-time lighting techniques used.
    • The game is displayed almost completely within a single camera shot from the opening to the ending, following the “one world” philosophy. Gameplay transitions into cutscenes dynamically and without cuts. This is very easy to explain, but it was very hard to achieve in practice.
    • Kojima thinks that while everyone says that it was difficult to develop with PS1, PS2 and PS3, he actially liked that, as he liked the challenge. Now the times have changed and multi-device, multi-platform, multi generation development has become commonplace. It’s easy to port to PS4 from a PC environment, and that allows for the release of a wide variety of titles, though he wants to make games different from what others developers create. That said, He loves the PS3 and it has a special place in his heart.
    • Kojima-san feels that the biggest challenge for the future is to create games with high degrees of freedom, but still being able to tell a compelling story, and that’s what Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are all about.
    • Originally he felt that Metal Gear Solid V was best enjoyed as a full package, but he heard calls from people that wanted to play it earlier, and also wanted to help celebrate the opening of the new generation of hardware, and that’s why Ground Zeroes is being released by itself.
    • Most importantly, he wants to convey the idea that “the future of gaming is fun.” There was a time in which games where enjoyed together with friends, but he doesn’t see that anymore now. Thanks to the PS4 and its social features, he feels that it’s possible to return to that kind of fun.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/...-photorealism/
    Last edited by Serinous; 02-13-2014 at 15:09.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I know it's going to be short but still looking forward to Ground Zero's!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I know it's going to be short but still looking forward to Ground Zero's!
    Apparently if you only do the main mission, it lasts 2 hours, but only about 8% to 10% of the game. I like collectibles, side missions, and stuff, so I'm excited now.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think there will be a lot of side missions type stuff that will get you familiar with many of the mechanics of V. Should be good to see what comes of it upon release.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Apparently if you only do the main mission, it lasts 2 hours, but only about 8% to 10% of the game. I like collectibles, side missions, and stuff, so I'm excited now.
    In that case I would propably play straight through on the first run and then replay it doing every side mission.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Basically a VR mission...Meh only going to get this because I'm not feeling infamous

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    In that case I would propably play straight through on the first run and then replay it doing every side mission.

Yup. Same here. It's gonna be fun for a trophy $#@! like myself. Let's hope the trophies incentivizes me to complete everything (100%).

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Only a few devs CAN state their honest opinion about a console these days, good job Kojima

Yup. Same here. It's gonna be fun for a trophy $#@! like myself. Let's hope the trophies incentivizes me to complete everything (100%).
    Lol for a game from Japan ? It won't be easy
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Only a few devs CAN state their honest opinion about a console these days, good job Kojima

Lol for a game from Japan ? It won't be easy
    True.

Super Elite
    Same here!, It was great getting that big boss emblem on mgs4.

Master Guru
    Kojima will always be a PlayStation guy. Are we supposed to be surprised by this?

Thread Information