Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Britain is far worse, as soon as a snow flake hits the deck trains are cancelled, people ring in work to say they are snowed in and then they all go mad and buy loads of petrol, food and stuff from Tesco causing a mad panic. ITs really quite embarrassing.
    Also most people here do not clear their driveways or pathways, if we all did our bit in front of our houses the whole street would be cleared. ITs why the council give us a big yellow bin full of grit at the top of my road, I live on a hill you see.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-14-2014 at 13:34.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah this is a place that is over 100 degrees in the summer with 90-100 percent humidity. This is simply something we don't see. The most I've ever seen in my life was 7 inches of snow here about 5 years ago. If this would have been a shot of Minnesota or New York then you might have something. Nice try on making Canada seem better than the US though dj.
    Misleading thread title is misleading.

Should be:

This is what happens when the south gets 1" of snow on TOP of 3" of damn ice.
    He should get his facts straight.

Got snow chains where you live? Good..cause we dont. If we want 'em, we have to order them from 'up north'....not like we're all equipped with chains and snow plows to delve away the snow when it falls (seeing as how it falls only once every 4-5 years).

Got below-ground power lines to residences? Good..cause we dont. We got wooden sticks holding up power lines, which ice forms on (go figure)...and hence, causes power outages when the weight becomes too much.

I don't really worry much about snow, my ATV does fine, and the winch allows me to help people who don't know how to drive on snow...but putting people down because of the climatic differences in regions of the world...and saying "wow, look at how they handle this stuff that we see 295 days a year"...well, that's sorta childish if you ask me. How bout come drive around in some of our red mud...I for one would get a good laugh at some Yan...I mean, northerners trying to traverse a skidder hole that's 4' deep with mud and water. "hey, what do we do with spinning tires, hey?"

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Same here Keefy. Last year when we had a stupendous amount of snow for months on end the whole neighbourhood brought out grit and gritted the road up to the main road. The road I live on (cul-de-sac and steep hill) has a good half of us being 60+ so us youngsters did the whole street enough for 2 tyres tracks up and down. It was still a little skiddish getting in and out of the driveway but at least we all could move.

I might live close to the top of the hill but in this town everyone helps out which is nice.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

This whats happens when Merica gets 1 inch of snow

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Misleading thread title is misleading.

Should be:

This is what happens when the south gets 1" of snow on TOP of 3" of damn ice.
    He should get his facts straight.

Got snow chains where you live? Good..cause we dont. If we want 'em, we have to order them from 'up north'....not like we're all equipped with chains and snow plows to delve away the snow when it falls (seeing as how it falls only once every 4-5 years).

Got below-ground power lines to residences? Good..cause we dont. We got wooden sticks holding up power lines, which ice forms on (go figure)...and hence, causes power outages when the weight becomes too much.

I don't really worry much about snow, my ATV does fine, and the winch allows me to help people who don't know how to drive on snow...but putting people down because of the climatic differences in regions of the world...and saying "wow, look at how they handle this stuff that we see 295 days a year"...well, that's sorta childish if you ask me. How bout come drive around in some of our red mud...I for one would get a good laugh at some Yan...I mean, northerners trying to traverse a skidder hole that's 4' deep with mud and water. "hey, what do we do with spinning tires, hey?"
    The south is still part of Merica so title is not misleading at all

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by -Dj-; 02-14-2014 at 14:24.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm sure we have vending machines, accessible to the public, so they can smoke crack. What the $#@!? Can you tell me what weed you smoke, I want some.
    Lol look it up I'm not lying they cost 25 cents

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thread Information