Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92

Ever hacked on MP?

Just a question that came to my mind...
    Was wondering if there are people here who ever hacked/cheated on a multiplayer game. If so, why?

Personally I never did that though I know where to get them, but I don't see the fun of it.. Not even trying it out seems like fun..
    I've been playing cod4 since it's releaseyear and have even played competitive for a while.
    Apparently I play too good sometimes..

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    No I haven't. Always kind of wanted to try it just to see how it works, but not worth the chance of getting my steam or whatever account banned.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica

Ever hacked on MP?

I've never done it myself however;
    I played COD4 absolutely RELIGIOUSLY like, to this day it's probably my favourite MP game ever, but once it got to the stage where every lobby had 'God Mode' and aimbots I completely stopped playing; the whole experience threw me right off!

One other occasion where I will admit to cheating is early in the MW2 days I was playing as normal when I randomly entered a hacked lobby unintentionally.
    The screen was all different colours with various sentences spread about the screen with names of the hackers etc.
    During spawn there where prompts to hit the d-pad for various bonuses.
    I was in complete disbelief, I was fairly young and naively I hit right a bunch of times which was * 100,000 EXP. Purely because it was completely new to me.
    I got back into the lobby and I was level 55 of the current prestige being prompted to prestige.
    I couldn't believe it actually worked. I did it a bunch of times and then left the lobby when I was maximum level.

Soon after I felt kinda $#@!ty about the whole thing so I made a new account and started again from scratch, legitimately.

I would never purposefully go out to cheat, I guess the curiosity of being in a hacked lobby got the better of me that day!

EDIT: because of Tapatalk I paid no attention to which forum this was in, and my answer was in relation to a console experience.
    I do apologise but that being said hacking is a kind of linear experience so I guess it contributes.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I've made cheats for counter-strike back in the day. At first I didn't cheat, I was quite good too, but then I tried one of them and played on actual cheating servers with everyone using aimbots, and stuff like that. I made my own with my own aim vectors, wallhacks, and speedhacks. Never once did I get busted by punkbuster or any other cheat detection they had on their server.

now I don't do any of that stuff, but with counter-strike it was quite fun.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't cheat.
    Got some accusations over the years though, but not any more, these days players just leave the server.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-15-2014 at 23:20.

Forum Sage
    I've never 'cheated' but I've used exploits in some games. I find them boring though.

Nothing worse than getting hackusations in an online game when you are innocent

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Exploits are different, they are unpredicted behaviour the devs didn't plan on but sometimes they do make a game more fun and give it depth.

Bunny hopping in Quake. (not an exploit in Quake 2 3 4 or Live)
    Grav nading and fast orbs in Half life 2 death match
    stake grenades in Pain killer (hard to do)

Thread Information