Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Norwegian prisoner demands PS3 and computer

Though prison seems an unlikely place for (relatively) modern gaming consoles, petitions for devices have grown in recent time. Last year, an Australian inmate took legal action in an attempt to score a computer and an in-cell PlayStation 3. Now Norwegian Anders Breivik has done similar, kicking up a ruckus and threatening to hunger strike if his PS2 isn't upgraded.
    Anders Breivik is serving a 21 year sentence for the murder of 77 people during a shooting spree and bombing in the summer of 2011. This past November, he sent a list containing a dozen demands to the relevant prison authorities, calling his prison conditions "torture" and decrying his current video game options, among other things.
    The list, which was acquired by the AFP today, demanded among other things an update to his PlayStation 2, wanting instead a newer PlayStation 3 with a better choice of games. In particular, he wants to choose the games he gets to play, and he wants "access to more adult games", complaining that he has been given things like Rayman Revolution, "a game aimed at three year olds."
    Another complaint is against the "worthless typewriter with technology dating back to 1873" that he has been given access to. Instead, Breivik wants access to a PC. He goes on to threaten to hunger strike if his demands aren't meant, saying that he has been "put in hell" and that he is being tortured to death as a result of his current situation.
    VIA: ars technica
    SOURCE: AFP
    http://www.slashgear.com/norwegian-p...uter-14317065/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Elite Member
    Anders Breivik is serving a 21 year sentence for the murder of 77 people during a shooting spree and bombing in the summer of 2011.
    Why is he not executed yet?

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Super Elite
    Give him a shotgun to blow his brains out with.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    well, damn. why stop with a PS3? give the guy a lambo, crown, and pet tiger while you're at it.

must've been real hard work killing those 77 people.

i think a 5 course meal every night would suit his current dwelling too.

/sarcasm

Authorities should remove his PS2 for such a brazen display of audacity. Trash shouldn't even be allowed daylight. let alone a TV, or PS2!

This $#@! ticks me off. Prison is a place to avoid, it's not meant to be a break from the hardship of life. This swine should be thrown in solitary for even thinking he's entitled to anything.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    I second Fiji. The dude killed 77 people, many of which teenage children with there whole lives ahead of them. This piece of $#@! was caught, and sentenced to jail.
    Jail is a punishment for $#@!s sake, this guys living the high life. Regardless of the 'quality' of the games he's playing. He's still playing, when he should be rotting.
    Take it all away from him otherwise you're just glorifying him, giving him the spotlight and control.
    Let him strike, like a spoilt little child.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    A bed, a toilet, 3 small meals a day, a table and chair with a few books...that's what he'd get from me.

9. Likes K2D , claud3 likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    good let the $#@!er hunger strike and die

11. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    77 murdered?

I'd hire a psych evaluator. Extensive interviews - fin out what makes him tick - fears, vulnerabilities, likes/dislikes.

Then exploit those fears until he pleads for "peace".

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    He deserves 77 latches every morning for his crimes not a goddamn video game!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

14. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    well, damn. why stop with a PS3? give the guy a lambo, crown, and pet tiger while you're at it.

must've been real hard work killing those 77 people.

i think a 5 course meal every night would suit his current dwelling too.

/sarcasm

Authorities should remove his PS2 for such a brazen display of audacity. Trash shouldn't even be allowed daylight. let alone a TV, or PS2!

This $#@! ticks me off. Prison is a place to avoid, it's not meant to be a break from the hardship of life. This swine should be thrown in solitary for even thinking he's entitled to anything.
    You joke. But us prisons are pretty close to that.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Norwegian prisoner demands PS3 and computer

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    You joke. But us prisons are pretty close to that.
    What do you mean, it's not like the movies?

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    What do you mean, it's not like the movies?

On the move with Tapatalk
    There are gangs yes and violence but they have the.luxuries like free health care, free dental, free internet, tv, etc, now there are the blue collar jails with very little violence with everything ie the Pensacola federal prison on the beach.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Friendship is Carrots
    It's one thing if he demands for it. It's another if they give it to them. This many doesn't deserve anything for what he did, much less additional luxuries.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's ridiculous how people live better when they go to jail. Things they didn't have on the outside, they get on the inside, paid for by the very citizens that are victims. smh

20. Likes K2D likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I don't think prisoners have had it tough for a long time now, even when the Nuremburg trials were going on they had to provide entertainment for the Nazi prisoners because they believed it stopped them going mad or killing themselves. These were people responsible for war crimes and genocide but were given hospitality when they showed non to millions of people.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Give him death
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Give him a brand new xbox one with no way to download the day 1 update so it can actually be used for anything.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Upgrade his PS2 to the amazing Commodore 64...with one floppy disk...that has a text adventure on it.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    What does he expect a gaming PC so he can play the latest COD all day?!
    Alot of people on this planet would be more then happy if they had a PS2.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Give him the entire Final fantasy series and make him try and put them in order

Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    To everyone asking; why hasn't he been sentenced to death yet? Because we who live there believe humans shouldn't govern over other people's life and death. Because we believe anyone can change. Our system does it's best to prevent miscarriage of justice.

Rest assured though, ABB will never see the light of day.

When you allow for one prisoner to be sentenced to death.. torture, violence (physical or psychological) it becomes. A. Slippery. Slope.. and sooner or later someone wrongfully accused pays the price.

The greatest penalty you can give a murderer is to allow him to wake up every day face his crimes.
    Last edited by K2D; 02-17-2014 at 13:25.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

28. Likes Valefor likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    To everyone asking; why hasn't he been sentenced to death yet? Because we who live there believe humans shouldn't govern over other people's life and death. Because we believe anyone can change. Our system does it's best to prevent miscarriage of justice.

When you allow for one prisoner to be sentenced to death.. torture, violence (physical or psychological) it becomes. A. Slippery. Slope.. and sooner or later someone wrongfully accused pays the price.
    Norway is an extremely progressive nation that the rest of the world really should pay more attention to. You guys (and the Scandinavian region in general) are a fine example of what happens when a country gets its $#@! together and actually thinks.

The notion of a reformation system (instead of a punishment system) is a great one. The fact is that the justice and prison system are not filled with people like Anders Breivik, most of its prisoners are completely sane people with far, far lesser crimes who actually have a chance to turn their lives around and rejoin society as beneficial members, instead of remaining parasites on the taxpayer's dollar by remaining a prisoner. That's the whole point, and Norway's method of handling things has shown to be much more effective at eliminating repeat offenders.

That's something a lot of people should remember when thinking of this article. Anders Breivik is simply a rare flaw in an otherwise superior system. The mass-murderer may see some unjustified luxuries, but its in retrospect to a larger scheme that operates for a greater benefit.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

30. Likes Valefor likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456

The greatest penalty you can give a murderer is to allow him to wake up every day face his crimes.

I don't agree with the death penalty but my point was that this man is responsible for 77 deaths, yet he is threatening his own life because he thinks he deserves a more leisurely experience than he is already receiving now, personally I find it hard to justify any kind of humanity to such an individual. I understand that they need activities and need to be occupied so they don't all go insane and kill themselves but they're in there for a reason.

Apprentice
    Look at prison life here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpSRU1aMsg
    Last edited by MLG221; 02-17-2014 at 22:45.

Elite Member
    Obviously it not working because he's still having murderous intention, just this time it towards himself.

What's next, a rapist demanding hookers while in prison after raping 77 women? LOL

34. Likes Beast of Bourbon likes this post

Thread Information