Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Minmatar Perfection - Combat Rifle

Look at this...

The Minmatar Combat Rifle, or the $#@! Rifle as I like to call it due to the soft purr it makes as you fire off it's 3 round bursts into your enemy. The CR is a projectile weapon and is thus proficient in the destruction of armor. It comes in both burst fire scoped and fully auto iron sights varieties and is the go-to rifle when massive stopping power, CQC worthy hipfire and accurate suppression at range is what you want in a weapon. On top of all these traits, it just looks badass in design. There are no flowery designs or cold plating on this bad boy, just all the needed parts assembled the Matari way to create one of the best balanced rifles on the field.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Her Empress is displeased with this development.

We shall reclaim the minmatar again, once more!

Sig courtesy of the_jim

3. Likes Unaidedhipo5 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha I'll permit your trolling! So long as you get dem damn shop items done so we can display our allegiance!!

But yeah, I $#@!ing LOVE the look of this rifle. I know it's not traditionally riflely looking but something about how the stock connects to the fore-grip just makes me want to cuddle kittens in pink fluffly clouds of cotton candy with sprinkles.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Mmmmm cotton candy flavored $#@! rifles

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Haha I'll permit your trolling! So long as you get dem damn shop items done so we can display our allegiance!!
    Pft, what's this allegiance talk?

PSU supports the Amarr cause!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Pft, what's this allegiance talk?

PSU supports the Amarr cause!
    I don't understand what relevance the cause of Pennsylvania State University has to this discussion.

PlayStation Universe however is all about the Minmatar, as clearly illustrated by the community manager's av.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Her highness shall not forget this indiscretion.

*hastily scribbles down artwork and sends off to HQ*

PSU shall hear from her soon!

was this rilfe added in 1.7 or is it coming with the 1.8 update?

oh, regarding Dust and its engine (the one engine to fail them all) Warframe uses a heavily modified Unreal Engine (though heavily re-written) and it still has sticky animations, so much so that they're going to re-write the whole system sometime this year.

relevance to dust: CCP need to re-write their damn animation system! supersoldiers failing to step over kerbs is unacceptable
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

9. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha Combat Rifle came in 1.7 IIRC...or was it 1.6...but yeah it'sin already. I made an alt, COVERT SUBTERFUGE, to be my Minmatar RP character, only using Matari suits and weapons..and he rocks it 24/7. It's a badass rifle but I suspect the range is in for a nerf come 1.8. It's an all purpose rifle.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I made an alt, COVERT SUBTERFUGE, to be my Minmatar RP character, only using Matari suits and weapons..and he rocks it 24/7.
    I was wondering who that was that I kept seeing on the Dust forums that I didn't recognize.

Anyway, I recently logged on just to see what's up with Dust and I really liked the CR too. It will probably be my main weapon if I ever come back full time, which most likely still won't be for a while. Not sure how I would spend all my saved up SP, though. I have about 4.6 million right now. It's such a nice big number I'd almost rather not use any of it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hey dude. Yeah that forum has made me into a bit of an ass lol. It was a part of natural evolution from being in that environment. haha

Chances are you'll come back to a fully refunded SP pool and more of the balancing will have been done. What are your thoughts on 1.8 and the game in general atm? Is your absence down to circumstance or boredom?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I'm pretty busy with school, and most of my gaming free time is spent on the PS4 (or PS3 PS+ games now that I have a subscription). As for the game itself, I think it's coming along, I just feel like it is still missing too many features. I commend CCP for trying to get the balance right, but it seems like they keep making a lot of mistakes and up end just having to do it all over again, which ultimately takes away time from working on things like PvE, game modes, improving PC/the Eve connection,NPE, maps/weapons/suits, etc.

Getting racial parity is a good step though, I just can't believe it's taken this long. Hopefully they get AV-V sorted out with 1.8 too. I'm interested in hearing from the new EP, though. I'm guessing we probably won't hear much until FF, but I'm interested to see what direction (if any) he'll be taking the game and if that will finally translate to being more open with the community.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    I'm pretty busy with school, and most of my gaming free time is spent on the PS4 (or PS3 PS+ games now that I have a subscription). As for the game itself, I think it's coming along, I just feel like it is still missing too many features. I commend CCP for trying to get the balance right, but it seems like they keep making a lot of mistakes and up end just having to do it all over again, which ultimately takes away time from working on things like PvE, game modes, improving PC/the Eve connection,NPE, maps/weapons/suits, etc.

Getting racial parity is a good step though, I just can't believe it's taken this long. Hopefully they get AV-V sorted out with 1.8 too. I'm interested in hearing from the new EP, though. I'm guessing we probably won't hear much until FF, but I'm interested to see what direction (if any) he'll be taking the game and if that will finally translate to being more open with the community.
    That's one of my largest gripes with Dust too.

I expected racial parity not long after Uprising, yet a year later, we're starting to get signs that they're finally coming.
    Take a look at any other F2P game and look at the development they manage.

Digital extremes implemented PvP, numerous Warframes, New Tilesets, Many many weapons, Brand new UI, Specialized bosses.....you get the picture - and there is more coming (hub worlds, Clan region control etc.). CCP have done very little in that same time frame. Hell, The game of Warframe at the time of Uprising's launch looks nothing like The current Warframe, It's practically Warframe 2 - to give some idea of the lax development on CCP's side. If that wasn't enough, DE's roadmap actually pegs this year as being Warframe's "Warframe 2" year.
    The roadmap from CCP has only just begun to materialize a whole year later.

I really look forward to PvE, and those portably deployable defence sphere's though. despite my agitation, i enjoy the game. Wish the devs actually enjoyed developing it....or at least, gave some sense that they did.

I'm being hard on CCP, i know, but they've said themselves the engine can't really do the things they want....more fool them for running with UE3.
    Cryengine matches their infantry gameplay goals like a glove.
    Frostbyte matches their vehicular and base infantry goals much better.
    Even Source has better mechanics if titanfall is anything to go by.

UE struggles on the PS3, that's a proven case. perhaps then, they should expedite development on the PS4. I don't get their upper management at times.
    they do everything wrong. EVE seems to work. it's like they assume that because EVE is working, Dust will magically work. Giant interstellar Space ships function a little different to wee todd spitball standing planetside. I can't cripple the ingame economy from a single planet like the giant ships in EVE can, ccp!

Urgh....Someone at ccp with some vision needs to coup Dust away from whoever currently has the reigns.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 02-16-2014 at 06:48.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

15. Likes Unaidedhipo5 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think the problem with D514's development is based upon turbulent conditions within the company that started around the time of Uprising. There was mixed reaction from the community, game issues and the replacement of the EP shows that everything wasn't rosey at CCP. I'm hoping that the new EP is responsible for the push to get the suits out and that the content for weapons and vehicles is next. At EVE Vegas they said that PvE is set for 2014 sometime...I guess we just wait for FF to see where things are really at but I have a feeling that the game will be in a better place come the end of this year...we should have all racial content, open market and PvE. 1.8 is a solid step forward though.

I agree that the "laser focus on PS3" is hurting the game's potential and they should just move on over already...but if they choose to stay on PS3...well you make your bed and lay in it...

Thread Information