Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    It's CoD with mechs...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I don't see a lot of similarities outside of both being FPS. You definitely can't play this one the same way as COD and even though it's multiplayer it has a single player feel to it. I do find it funny that you aren't impressed but you will buy it just to play along with your friends. Makes no sense.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Ya know, I don't even play COD the same between versions, so not sure what this is about lol.
    Ghosts I play completely differently to Black Ops 2 for example. BO2 is more a twitch shooter with some godlike weapons mods.
    Ghosts is far less about weapon mods.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Ya know, I don't even play COD the same between versions, so not sure what this is about lol.
    Ghosts I play completely differently to Black Ops 2 for example. BO2 is more a twitch shooter with some godlike weapons mods.
    Ghosts is far less about weapon mods.
    I think Titan Fal is the type of game that can get people who usually don't like the multiplayer experience to jump right into it and just have a lot of fun. i thought the additions of the titans would leave it a bit unbalanced, but it works well. I just wish i could give the 360 version a try too.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Sounds fun, I'll pick this up for my 360 probably.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Sounds fun, I'll pick this up for my 360 probably.
    Yeah me too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    It's CoD with mechs...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Unless their is a Call of Duty Future Warfare game or something you're comparing to, I don't see the similarity at all.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I think Titan Fal is the type of game that can get people who usually don't like the multiplayer experience to jump right into it and just have a lot of fun. i thought the additions of the titans would leave it a bit unbalanced, but it works well. I just wish i could give the 360 version a try too.
    Ok, now that statement I can agree with from what I've seen. It does seem like a MP game that SP type people might enjoy. Like you said it looks like something you can just jump into and have at it. I like games like that.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I do not think this is anything like Call of Duty. Unless you mean it is like CoD because it is a first person shooter with some guns. Then sure, it is like Call of Duty. But then every single fps game with guns is.

Titanfall brings something to the table that I have never seen. I love the feel of this game, and it may be the first online multiplayer game I have purchased in a very long time. At no point did I feel overwhelmed and confused. I really like how I can spawn my own Titan and $#@! $#@! up!!!

I had a good time playing last night, and the game surpassed my expectations. I did set them low, but at the end of the night, I had fun, lots of fun.
    Titanfall, before they showed the mech gameplay, reminded me a lot of Call of Duty. The way I'd explain is this....entirely based on gameplay videos, the look & feel, the movement -- specifically ground movement -- is very reminiscent of Call of Duty.

It is different from Call of Duty because it has mechs, wall running, etc. So it's like Call of Duty and it isn't.

But I wouldn't simply say it's only like COD because it's an FPS -- I mean when they first showed it that was the first thing that came to my mind and it was surprising because the leaked screenshot on Respawn's website was very "colorful" very unlike the game they showed which we now know as TitanFall.

If anything, it's probably what they would have with Call of Duty if they were still in charge. Nah, probably not...
    --
    I get the feeling that some people are taking the comment "...it's like Call of Duty..." to be a bad thing?

How can that be bad? COD has addictive gameplay (for a lot of people) and has been the one consistently well selling game of this generation.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-17-2014 at 02:06.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I've been watching some videos and i think Microsoft wanted their own Killzone with the CoD feel, But from what i've seen Titanfall looks more interesting. Personally i don't Have Xbone but still have my 360(Haven't used it for like a year) Maybe i will grab it for my 360 if it turned out having no problems or lag on it, Problem is that i will also need to subscribe for Gold !

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't see a lot of similarities outside of both being FPS. You definitely can't play this one the same way as COD and even though it's multiplayer it has a single player feel to it. I do find it funny that you aren't impressed but you will buy it just to play along with your friends. Makes no sense.
    I just fail to see how some aren't feeling that this is a CoD game. Ooh it's got parkour. Big deal, you can run on walls and climb. This is CoD through and through plain and simple. And sorry but the bots don't make up for this game only being 6v6. Most matches you don't see anyone until a few minutes in, and then by the end of the match everyone is in a Titan. And don't worry, no way in hell am I buying this turd. My buddys are on their own with this one. I'll stick to Battlefield 4 as broken as it is, it's still leaps and bounds better than this ugly game.

Forum Sage
    Can't wait to load this bad boy up when I get home this evening. I hope it's as good as I've Been hoping it will be.

Anyone that has played it. Are there many different classes of weapons available? Do they effect your maneuver ability?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I get the feeling that some people are taking the comment "...it's like Call of Duty..." to be a bad thing?

How can that be bad? COD has addictive gameplay (for a lot of people) and has been the one consistently well selling game of this generation.
    I guess if you like CoD it's a good thing, but if you're like me and detest the series then it's not. And as blind as some of you wanna be, TF is CoD to me. And how in the hell does this game not look better than it does? The Xbone can do BF4 pretty well, so wtf happened with this steaming pile? It looks like a 360 game. BLOPS 2 looks about as good.

Forum Sage
    It does look like CoD but I don't know how similar to CoD it'll feel. The vertical element to the maps should make it play and flow differently from most other current games

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Loving this game!!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I just fail to see how some aren't feeling that this is a CoD game. Ooh it's got parkour. Big deal, you can run on walls and climb.
    I'll stick to Battlefield 4 as broken as it is,
    Game also features mechs, and that alone makes this game feel nothing like Call of Duty.

Enjoy Battlefield though, because that is nothing like Call of Duty.....

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Game also features mechs, and that alone makes this game feel nothing like Call of Duty.

This has been a blast, and it's just the beta. Can't wait for the full release.

Forum Sage
    Downloading the PC beta now Can't wait. Tempted to shadowplay a game but it takes so damn long to upload

12gb. Danm

edit: Installing it now. Gonna play it after gym
    Last edited by BBK..; 02-17-2014 at 17:23.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Downloading the PC version now.

Forum Sage
    Had a couple of games. Was just as i was expecting. I love the manoeuvrability your character has you can find some fun paths. I can understand how people say it looks like CoD but it really doesn't feel like it at all. My anticipation is still high. This could be one of the most fun recent shooters.

My only negative is that i could only have my FOV up to 90 whereas I like it around 120 usually.

Last edited by BBK..; 02-17-2014 at 20:22.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Had a couple of games. Was just as i was expecting. I love the manoeuvrability your character has you can find some fun paths. I can understand how people say it looks like CoD but it really doesn't feel like it at all. My anticipation is still high. This could be one of the most fun recent shooters.

My only negative is that i could only have my FOV up to 90 whereas I like it around 120 usually.

That screenshot Looks way more than 120 degrees to me

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...755C6D58793BC/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...6E409FE5C2590/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/...5FDCE395186D0/
    Last edited by keefy; 02-17-2014 at 20:43.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Will properly get it for PC. But not for 60€. Waiting for some decent price drops. Still looks hell of fun and im jealous that i cannot play it on my PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE

Oh hell no you didn't lol. Don't insult my beloved BF4 like that. Let me know when CoD offers vehicles, destruction, and the overall flexibility that the Battlefield series is known for. CoD...ugh. I WANTED to like TF, but I just couldn't. The hype this game has gotten since E3 is incredibly undeserved in my book. I got rid of Ryse, TF sucks balls IMO, and there's literally nothing coming down the pipe that I'm really looking forward to for the xbone. Maybe Quantum Break will be good?
    Last edited by N0REGARD4LIFE; 02-18-2014 at 07:07.

Friendship is Carrots
    I'm so jealous of everyone that got into the beta. This was the only 'next-gen' shooter that I cared about.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm so jealous of everyone that got into the beta. This was the only 'next-gen' shooter that I cared about.
    It'll be worth the wait. Just feels fun running around

Forum Sage
    I guess if you like CoD it's a good thing, but if you're like me and detest the series then it's not. And as blind as some of you wanna be, TF is CoD to me. And how in the hell does this game not look better than it does? The Xbone can do BF4 pretty well, so wtf happened with this steaming pile? It looks like a 360 game. BLOPS 2 looks about as good.
    Okay, I can see that.

I have played the beta as of now and I do feel that it has stuff in common in COD -- but that doesn't mean it's a clone of COD. It is doing plenty of things that make it different in a sense.

As I was saying before, if Vince & Zampella were still in-charge of Infinity Ward under Activision, this could have definitely been a natural progression of Call of Duty. It could be Call of Duty: TitanFall

I can see why people are enjoying this....I'll play a couple more rounds tonight but I'll most likely be skipping it. I never played Call of Duty all that much (even though I bought them, lol.)

I am just surprised how different the blurry screenshot Respawn showed was color-wise than this.

EDIT

I take that back, my memory didn't serve me well. I thought the screenshot was very colorful, but after looking it up again....it's not that much. It could very well have been from this version....
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-18-2014 at 15:50.

Thread Information