Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Kojima still makes me chuckle, that scene in MGS2 when you become naked Radian.
    Oh he likes to take the piss.
    I have the HD collection but have yet to play Peacewalker.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-20-2014 at 23:00.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I want to play MGSV and GZ so badly but I've never played MGS games and I hear not even kojima knows what's going on with the story (lol) so I dunno what to do (no I can't play all the past games)
    If you've still got a PS3 there was a free app called the Metal Gear Solid database on the PS store. I'm not sure if it's still there but if it is and you're interested in catching up on the back story, it's all there..

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I wonder if he will remake 4 for next gen. I vaguely recall something about it.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Kojima still makes me chuckle, that scene in MGS2 when you become naked Radian.
    Oh he likes to take the piss.
    I have the HD collection but have yet to play Peacewalker.
    In spite of how many people I know who are from across the pond and use this expression, I have never really understood it.

Extreme Poster
    i think it means that someone is $#@!ing around.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Taking the piss = making fun of people, getting a rise out of them, yanking their chain, pulling their leg, ripping the $#@!, etc..

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    In spite of how many people I know who are from across the pond and use this expression, I have never really understood it.
    Means to make a mickey out of them, or lampoon.mock or make fun of.
    In the case of Kojima, he mocked the game player in that particular scene because he made us very self-aware we were playing a game.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Taking the piss = making fun of people, getting a rise out of them, yanking their chain, pulling their leg, ripping the $#@!, etc..
    ..or it can mean taking advantage of someone. Say your boss gives you an hour for lunch and you take and hour and a half? You're taking the piss out of him! Then you'd be labelled a piss taker!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm shocked at how well the lighting is on the previous generation systems. But the game is gorgeous.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Nothing literal about this one, you will be pleased to hear. It's usually said that the phrase derives from an older one, piss-proud, which refers to having an erection when waking up in the morning, which is usually attributed to a full bladder (proud here being an obvious pun on its senses of something raised or projecting and of something in which one may take satisfaction).

It's first recorded, as so many such indecorous expressions are, in Francis Grose's A Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue; in the second edition of 1788 he wrote: "Piss-proud, having a false erection. That old fellow thought he had an erection, but his -- was only piss-proud; said of any old fellow who marries a young wife".

This developed into a figurative sense of somebody who had an exaggerated idea of his own importance. So to take the piss is to deflate somebody, to disabuse them of their mistaken belief that they are special. It's not recorded before the beginning of the twentieth century.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I remember when I first moved to the States... Ugh. People just didn't understand $#@! I was saying lol.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Nothing literal about this one, you will be pleased to hear...unless it's me of course, I love the stuff and drink it with cookies. Say...you don't have any lying around do you...I'm parched
    Hmmmm...

OT Been reading more on this game and FOX...I have a feeling ole Kojima's about to open pandoras box on the industry again.

13. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Means to make a mickey out of them, or lampoon.mock or make fun of.
    In the case of Kojima, he mocked the game player in that particular scene because he made us very self-aware we were playing a game.
    wat.

But no seriously the rest of this post and the others from Malt, Sufi, Shafty and co helped clear it up. Thanks for helping out guys! I'm just a yank so it's hard sometimes to keep up with you gentlemen.

15. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    wat.

But no seriously the rest of this post and the others from Malt, Sufi, Shafty and co helped clear it up. Thanks for helping out guys! I'm just a yank so it's hard sometimes to keep up with you gentlemen.
    Make a mickey out of them? Same as taking the Micky.

Take the Mickey out of
    This phrase is not new; the full phrase is "to take the Mickey (out of someone)"
    Britons have been using this figure of speech for decades, if not centuries. A "Mickey" of course, is a "Mick": a pejorative, racist term for an Irishman (so nicknamed because so many Irish surnames begin with Mc- or Mac-) It is a common stereotype, in both the UK and USA, that Irish men have volatile tempers, like to brawl, and make good boxers. So, To "take the Mickey (out of someone)" means to take the fight, the vigor, the gravity, the self-importance out of them, by mocking them, usually in a very subtle way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hmmmm...

OT Been reading more on this game and FOX...I have a feeling ole Kojima's about to open pandoras box on the industry again.

Do tell, or at least give us the link. I'm skeptical of anything we are ever told about Japanese game engines, they often amount to a lot of bluster (see Crystal tools by SE).

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Meh phantom pain will be the looker. If people are going googoogaga over GZ, PP will blow minds. Too bad it's not coming till next year

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Information