Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Bungie are idiots

Or maybe Iím an idiot. I canít say at this point. They are idiots for putting out a gameplay reveal video at E3 that did not really represent the game in a good way, graphics or gameplay. You donít start out that way especially if you are well known to be an industry legend (Rockstar would never show us anything crap about GTA).

And I guess Iím an idiot for going by the reveal videos but come on, thatís not my fault. I donít have time to follow every game; they need to present it to us in a way that grabs our attention. anyway I saw the videos on the store and I was pretty much blown awayÖthis game is going to be legendary and itís going to blow away Planet Side 2 and probably every other MMO shooter.

The only complain I have is my own preference, I donít prefer sci-fi shooters and would have been far more interested in a war sim MMO of sorts. But Iíll take what I can get. War sim would be difficult to do in an MMO setting anyway.

But yes, once they had explained the mechanics and especially the scope of this game, I was pretty much blown away. The only thing Iím skeptical about is how the towns will look like. But Iím sure it will look good.

The only true next-gen game so far it seems. Graphics were better than regular shooters we have now!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Destiny is probably my most anticipated game so far.

3. Likes N0REGARD4LIFE, PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    will it be free to play?

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Destiny is probably my most anticipated game so far.
    Is it bad that I've not paid any attention to this game?

Seriously, I don't know anything about it.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    You won't have to pay extra monthly, but you buy the game.. So not f2p like Blacklight and others where you pay nothing for the game, just for extras.
    I think it's going to be great, and too, probably the game I'm most interested in.

They are idiots for putting out a gameplay reveal video at E3 that did not really represent the game in a good way, graphics or gameplay.
    What makes you say that? I thought it looked good from the reveal.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Is it bad that I've not paid any attention to this game?

Seriously, I don't know anything about it.
    if you have the PS4, go to the store now and watch the videos. i'm sure they might have it on the web too but i don't know the names of them.

up until now, i didn't care for it either but i think it's going to be bigger than Halo and bigger than any MMO shooter out there.

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    You won't have to pay extra monthly, but you buy the game.. So not f2p like Blacklight and others where you pay nothing for the game, just for extras.
    I think it's going to be great, and too, probably the game I'm most interested in.
    not bad...i guess this way they have more money to spend on content. you'll be getting a better MMO experience this way than your typical F2P games.
    not only it looked washed out, it looked kinda boring. the only thing i liked were the gun models and the background...but the backgrounds even looked kinda washed out.

almost look like off-screen vids compared to what i saw.

Master Guru

Originally Posted by darky89
    not bad...i guess this way they have more money to spend on content. you'll be getting a better MMO experience this way than your typical F2P games.
    Definitely, f2p games are just fine. But for a proper experience I much prefer the normal retail way. F2p tends to feel like you're missing something or it's just a light experience if that makes sense.

not only it looked washed out, it looked kinda boring. the only thing i liked were the gun models and the background...but the backgrounds even looked kinda washed out.
    Fair enough. I'm really looking forward to it because I played Defiance, which I enjoyed, and this is the same sort of deal... but I have faith it will be soooo much better.
    Last edited by darky89; 02-17-2014 at 18:40.

Forum Overseer
    we know bungie are very talented, we know they didn't want to continue with the halo series and they were being held back. and we know this is their baby so i'm sure it's going to exceed our expectations and i would not be surprised if it turns out to be the best game of the past decade for sci-fi shooters.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    This may be the first time I have seen anything negative about Destiny so far.

Master Guru
    Just watched this, give it a gander.

Forum Overseer
    that's one of the ones i saw. there are more.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    this is my most anticipated game also. right there with the order.

what catches my eye is the multiplayer ability. i have 2 friends that i game with and we are always looking for great multiplayer games to play.

day 1 buy for me

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    this is my most anticipated game also. right there with the order.

what catches my eye is the multiplayer ability. i have 2 friends that i game with and we are always looking for great multiplayer games to play.

day 1 buy for me

Forum Overseer
    my only concern is that it's going to be very much expansion driven and i hate games (including WoW) that force these on you...also this splits the user base.

so i'm a bit skeptical. will have to wait and see how this goes.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    Yeah really I cannot get excited for this game really. Just don't see anything that gets me into the world or care about what I would be doing. Is there any sort of SP type of thing to this.

Forum Overseer
    yes, i think i'm still somewhat concerned about the worlds it has but so far the storyline is neat, albiet cliche but we can't expect much from game developers with that.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    Have they had a storyline trailer or anything? I haven't seen anything on it.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Shot View Post
    Have they had a storyline trailer or anything? I haven't seen anything on it.
    they have one on the PS4 store.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    This is one of my most anticipated games of the year too, already have it on pre order so it's a day one for me! Can't wait to hopefully see some more gameplay videos soon!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    At this point, I don't care for these online-focused MP shooters. I know they're trying to emulate Borderlands, but to me, there was something about Borderlands that I liked and could play alone.

Destiny, The Division etc? Not really.

It's a shame because they look fun/gorgeous. But not enough of an incentive to play (at least from what we know so far) - lack of a campaign/SP mode.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Overseer
    yeah, at this point, my biggest issue is that it's actually not a F2P game. reason being, if i do get the game and say if i get addicted to it, i'm reeled in for the next umpteenth expansion....that's one reason I despised WoW and ultimately left it.

next issue with that, if it's not free for everyone then you're splitting your base. i like as many people as possible. big problem with me.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    we know bungie are very talented, we know they didn't want to continue with the halo series and they were being held back. and we know this is their baby so i'm sure it's going to exceed our expectations and i would not be surprised if it turns out to be the best game of the past decade for sci-fi shooters.
    ...you could be setting yourself up for disappointment (even if the game turns out to be good); the way you're talking about it right now sounds almost as if there is nothing they can do to disappoint you.

24. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    ...you could be setting yourself up for disappointment (even if the game turns out to be good); the way you're talking about it right now sounds almost as if there is nothing they can do to disappoint you.
    exactly, it's a new thought. i don't know if i like the paid option for those particular reasons, but i understand that it would be a better deal starting out.

Finally You Are Free
    Yes, Sufi, don't set yourself up for disaster.

Not every upcoming game can be perfect like Dark Souls 2.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Yes, Sufi, don't set yourself up for disaster.

Not every upcoming game can be perfect like Dark Souls 2.
    lol actually as much as i loved Dark Souls 2 even over Demons Souls...i still haven't finished it, i think i'm not even half way. but i can't sell that game for some reason, i know it will be a mistake. and yet i haven't played it in 2 years.

the problem with expansions in games like these are that the gamers are forced to buy the expansions, you can't skip them or you will be missing out majorly and might as well stop playing. not only you will gain higher levels, which you have to keep in order to be on top of the food chain, you have newer armor that will be given crazy stats.

that's exactly what WoW creators did. and i don't have a problem with that even...because if the content is good, who cares right?

well my problem was that the more maps they added, the less people frequented the older spots...naturally because the population was static...it didn't grow, in fact, it was getting lower. so the only way i'd be OK with a bigger and bigger world is if the population also grew with it.

i'm positive they can fix this issue moving forward but who knows, maybe we'll still have player count issues. e.g. WoW servers can only have 50k (which is a huge number) and my server had 3k people and the server was never merged...even if you had 50k people, how many of them do you think even played?

so ultimately that was a fail for me because i felt like if i didn't frequent the newer maps, it was pointless and everything else started to feel barren. that is the single biggest issue i have with growing MMO games.

it's not just splitting the base but also spreading the players too thin.

i would much rather take F2P for that reason. but i realize that spreading the user base thin would still be an issue. but at least everyone can access the content.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-18-2014 at 00:18.

Thread Information