Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No one should be shocked about the resolution news, but the deception certainly is. Maybe this is what Major Nelson was referring to when he said that people will find out the truth. Maybe now people will stop judging games based on the resolution alone.....or maybe not.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No one should be shocked about the resolution news, but the deception certainly is. Maybe this is what Major Nelson was referring to when he said that people will find out the truth. Maybe now people will stop judging games based on the resolution alone.....or maybe not.
    The resolution is not the point, surely you know this? Or are you deflecting from the issue again?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    i'm not, i expect 1080p with 60fps.

speaking of deception, penello and nelson should take the cake on that one.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Is that tomorrow? Awesome. Free maps are good. lol
    Yeah right here. http://realgamernewz.com/29558/get-r...s-week-and-dlc

Download on 4th.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    mynd, could you explain that a bit more? when you say blend to give you 1920 x 1080. what two resolutions they're blending together?
    960x1080? so it's two of 960x1080 to give you 1920 x 1080? if i'm doing that correctly, that doesn't make sense to me. would like clarification.

i don't get it.
    2 half frames.

So its the frame before and this new frame.

So
    frame1=960x1080
    frame2=960x1080
    frame3=960x1080

end result

frame 1=frame1 and 2
    frame 2=frame 2 and 3 etc etc.

Its similar to interlacing.
    Its updating half the screen at 1/60 a frame.
    multiplats, i can see fluctuations and i can definitely see 1080p + 30fps being a standard somewhat but i think developers are going to reduce visual quality in order to keep the 60fps and 1080p.

though, yes, i think multiplats are not going to look as good as exclusives or perform in every way possible.
    Well lets look at it this way, last gen they could hit 30fps or 60fps with visual hit, which did they opt for?
    There are always games that stake 60fps as their claim to fame, (mostly multiplayer games), but for the majority they would rather 30fps and give you a bit of extra graphical flare.
    That wont change.

From and exclusive point of view, take the next Killzone.
    Its highly likely they will gain efficiencies from simply learning more about the console, I think we can all agree games get better as coders get to grips with newer machines and learn the ins and out over time.

Option 1: Same graphics as SF, but improve the framerate.
    Option 2: Improve graphics keep framerate the same.

Devs will plumb for option 2 every-time, because you as a gamer see the impact of the next version straight away. You'll be like "holy $#@! it looks way better". Your not going to say "holy $#@! its the same but at 60fps!"

I understand why multiplayer shooter and car game target 60fps, but not all car games will.
    Assassins creed, Darksiders, RPG's etc etc they will all target 30fps this gen.
    As I say unless its an indie/light on resources type game (consider sports games), or they staple their left nut to the 60fps flagpole (COD) devs will target 30 fps.

If 1080p/30 on the PS4 becomes the standard (and I think it will), then I expect the XBO version to be 900p/30 to be their target on the XBO. Thats of course over time, we are already starting to see evidence people want to push up from 720 to 900p on the XBO, but I wouldn't call it a standard just yet on the XBO.

edit fixed typo 960 not 920
    Last edited by mynd; 03-03-2014 at 22:12.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Somebody look up my old posts from like 3 months ago. I KNEW that the MP looked blurry! I even asked if I made a mistake with my video settings for the PS4.

This is the biggest reason I don't play it actually. It's such a fuzzfest with my big HD monitor that I can't stand it.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    2 half frames.

So its the frame before and this new frame.

So
    frame1=920x1080
    frame2=920x1080
    frame3=920x1080

end result

frame 1=frame1 and 2
    frame 2=frame 2 and 3 etc etc.

Its similar to interlacing.
    Its updating half the screen at 1/60 a frame.
    so when you say that it's still 1080p...how is that? are you saying that it's not really 720p technically? meaning, we can't just take 920 x 1080 and multiply it to see that the pixels are close to 720p...that's not the case? that's what i'm getting from your post but i'm not sure how it isn't.

Well lets look at it this way, last gen they could hit 30fps or 60fps with visual hit, which did they opt for?
    There are always games that stake 60fps as their claim to fame, (mostly multiplayer games), but for the majority they would rather 30fps and give you a bit of extra graphical flare.
    That wont change.

From and exclusive point of view, take the next Killzone.
    Its highly likely they will gain efficiencies from simply learning more about the console, I think we can all agree games get better as coders get to grips with newer machines and learn the ins and out over time.

Option 1: Same graphics as SF, but improve the framerate.
    Option 2: Improve graphics keep framerate the same.

Devs will plumb for option 2 every-time, because you as a gamer see the impact of the next version straight away. You'll be like "holy $#@! it looks way better". Your not going to say "holy $#@! its the same but at 60fps!"

I understand why multiplayer shooter and car game target 60fps, but not all car games will.
    Assassins creed, Darksiders, RPG's etc etc they will all target 30fps this gen.
    As I say unless its an indie/light on resources type game (consider sports games), or they staple their left nut to the 60fps flagpole (COD) devs will target 30 fps.

If 1080p/30 on the PS4 becomes the standard (and I think it will), then I expect the XBO version to be 900p/30 to be their target on the XBO. Thats of course over time, we are already starting to see evidence people want to push up from 720 to 900p on the XBO, but I wouldn't call it a standard just yet on the XBO.
    i understand you perfectly there. though i think that will happen much later. simply because 60fps is becoming the new norm. i think we might start seeing 900p 60fps mutiplats on PS4 later down the line first, may even have some 900p 30fps much much later down the line (rare I'd say) with those that are pushing the consoles to their max (within the unoptimized multiplat code of course lol),

but i think the frame rate will likely be looked at first, until they just absolutely have no choice but to reduce it.

before we even get to 900p and 60fps on PS4, developers will opt to lower the graphics for the first couple of years or so because there's no need to push the graphics that hard and they will need to make a successful IP first.

let's not forget that a lot of people are going to get used to 1080p and they will be able to tell what 60fps is. i think people will start asking for these things. maybe games like COD or BF may not but i think for most other games, developers will reduce image quality first.

right around 4th to 5th year, we will start seeing more and more games that will target a lower res (900p) with 60fps or as you suggest 1080p 30fps, it certainly will happen with certain sort of games and like you said, has happened.

(wouldn't be surprised that a game or two are 900p at 30fps) but that will not become the trend me thinks. or maybe it will be some sort of a secondary trend, i think it would still be more valuable for them to go for 900p at 60fps and maybe take a little hit in visual quality. but yes, for games that may not need the fps, 1080p 30fps will become the norm but i figure this will happen much much later...say 5th year or more.

option 2 that you had suggested, would only happen with big publishers this generation because you need big budget for something like this too. and with indies, it's becoming more apparent that developers understand that we need to go back to the core when it was all about gameplay first, then storyline, then graphics, then voice overs, then motion capture, then FMVs etc.

so i think 1080p 60fps will still be prevelant, just that we will see some trends with 1080p and 900p both at 60fps and very very few at 900p and 30fps. i would be shocked if any of them are 720p at 30fps...it better be a next-gen game lol.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-03-2014 at 20:46.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Somebody look up my old posts from like 3 months ago. I KNEW that the MP looked blurry! I even asked if I made a mistake with my video settings for the PS4.

This is the biggest reason I don't play it actually. It's such a fuzzfest with my big HD monitor that I can't stand it.
    Nothing wrong with your eyes.

so when you say that it's still 1080p...how is that? are you saying that it's not really 720p technically? meaning, we can't just take 920 x 1080 and multiply it to see that the pixels are close to 720p...that's not the case? that's what i'm getting from your post but i'm not sure how it isn't.
    Its technically still rendering 1920x1080 pixels on the sceen. When you satnd perfectly still it will look like 960x1080. When you move slowly it will look like 1920x1080 but slightly fuzzy.
    When you move fact it will look like aforementioned fuzz fest.

i understand you perfectly there. though i think that will happen much later. simply because 60fps is becoming the new norm.
    Is it though, take a look at what has hit 60fps, two major releases that staked their testicles to it (COD/BF4), a few indie titles and a PS3 port.

AC4=30 fps
    Theif==30 fps

What up and coming titles have been confirmed as 60 fps?

i think we might start seeing 900p 60fps mutiplats on PS4 later down the line first, may even have some 900p 30fps much much later down the line (rare I'd say) with those that are pushing the consoles to their max (within the unoptimized multiplat code of course lol),

but i think the frame rate will likely be looked at first, until they just absolutely have no choice but to reduce it.

before we even get to 900p and 60fps on PS4, developers will opt to lower the graphics for the first couple of years or so because there's no need to push the graphics that hard and they will need to make a successful IP first.

let's not forget that a lot of people are going to get used to 1080p and they will be able to tell what 60fps is. i think people will start asking for these things. maybe games like COD or BF may not but i think for most other games, developers will reduce image quality first.

right around 4th to 5th year, we will start seeing more and more games that will target a lower res (900p) with 60fps or as you suggest 1080p 30fps, it certainly will happen with certain sort of games and like you said, has happened.

(wouldn't be surprised that a game or two are 900p at 30fps) but that will not become the trend me thinks. or maybe it will be some sort of a secondary trend, i think it would still be more valuable for them to go for 900p at 60fps and maybe take a little hit in visual quality. but yes, for games that may not need the fps, 1080p 30fps will become the norm but i figure this will happen much much later...say 5th year or more.

option 2 that you had suggested, would only happen with big publishers this generation because you need big budget for something like this too. and with indies, it's becoming more apparent that developers understand that we need to go back to the core when it was all about gameplay first, then storyline, then graphics, then voice overs, then motion capture, then FMVs etc.

so i think 1080p 60fps will still be prevelant, just that we will see some trends with 1080p and 900p both at 60fps and very very few at 900p and 30fps. i would be shocked if any of them are 720p at 30fps...it better be a next-gen game lol.
    I don't get why you think devs will focus on 60fps. I really don't they won't and never have in the past, only BF4 and COD pushed it (BF4 mainly cause it wants to compete with COD), and the few sports titles.

Infamous:SS, The Order are both 30 fps.
    Driveclub is likely 30fps.

Games like Watch Dogs, Destiny etc I expect to be 30fps.

Yes there will always be the odd port (Tomb Raider/MGS:GZ) that will make a few graphical tweaks and up the frame-rate). But if you look at those titles, outside of the texture res and few effects the actual assets look the same as last gen, there isn't more polys on display in say in Snake vs last gen.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-03-2014 at 21:16.

Forum Overseer
    Nothing wrong with your eyes.

Its technically still rendering 1920x1080 pixels on the sceen. When you satnd perfectly still it will look like 960x1080. When you move slowly it will look like 1920x1080 but slightly fuzzy.
    When you move fact it will look like aforementioned fuzz fest.
    I get it. so from a scale of 1-10, and true native 1080p is at 10, where do you put this and where do you put 900p?

Is it though, take a look at what has hit 60fps, two major releases that staked their testicles to it (COD/BF4), a few indie titles and a PS3 port.

AC4=30 fps
    Theif==30 fps

What up and coming titles have been confirmed as 60 fps?

I don't get why you think devs will focus on 60fps. I really don't they won't and never have in the past, only BF4 and COD pushed it (BF4 mainly cause it wants to compete with COD), and the few sports titles.

Infamous:SS, The Order are both 30 fps.
    Driveclub is likely 30fps.

Games like Watch Dogs, Destiny etc I expect to be 30fps.

Yes there will always be the odd port (Tomb Raider/MGS:GZ) that will make a few graphical tweaks and up the frame-rate). But if you look at those titles, outside of the texture res and few effects the actual assets look the same as last gen, there isn't more polys on display in say in Snake vs last gen.
    BF was less than 30fps last gen. hmm i did not know that Order and SS were 30fps, you might be right and you do present a good point. i think unless it's an MP game, 60fps will likely not be prioritized because you don't need the response time in SP that you need iN MP.

and i think maybe we might get very few 900p games at 30fps in the much latter part of the generation.

1080p 30fps might be the sweet spot for sure. though i think we will continue to see MP games that are 1080p 60fps or 900p 60fps.

i wouldn't mind 30fps even if the game was MP. in fact, i would rather take 30fps than a 720p game at 60fps...however maybe a 900p at 60fps but then i suppose they would also reduce the graphics because 1080p to 900p is a smaller jump than 30fps to 60fps is from what i've noticed in the PC arena.

anyway, seems plausible. but i think we might still see 1080p 60fps for games that may still look gorgeous but not necessarily pushing the system.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    @Mynd- Calling TR just a PS3 port is like calling a Ferrari just a car. A "few graphical tweaks?" You should try actually playing the next gen version instead of talking out of your ass about a next gen version that you have never even played. That was the advice given to me when I was talking about Forza 5 based on videos. Same should apply to you. The rest of your post I agree with.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2014 at 21:34.

Forum Overseer
    @Mynd- Calling TR just a PS3 port is like calling a Ferrari just a car. A few graphical tweaks? You should try actually playing the next gen version so you will at least know what youre talking about. The rest of your post I agree with.
    you're right but what he's saying isn't wrong either. you're looking at it now but 5 years down the road, you will not believe how $#@!ty TR is going to look compared to what they will have then.

it is a cross-gen title, there is only so much you can do with it. trust in me when i say this. you will be blown away over and over again this generation.

so like i said, i don't disagree with you and i don't disagree with mynd either. you are both right, just from different contexts.

@forza 5, someone didn't know what they were talking about then that game was severely rushed.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-03-2014 at 21:36.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    you're right but what he's saying isn't wrong either. you're looking at it now but 5 years down the road, you will not believe how $#@!ty TR is going to look compared to what they will have then. it is a cross-gen title, there is only so much you can do with it. trust in me when i say this. you will be blown away over and over again this generation. so like i said, i don't disagree with you and i don't disagree with mynd either. you are both right, just from different contexts.
    I'm not talking about 5yrs in the future so of course I'm talking about right now. Why talk about something that hasnt happened yet? The PS4 version of TR is leagues above the last gen version graphically. The reviews and comparisons back me up on that. And unlike mynd I've played both versions. So no, hes not right.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2014 at 21:44.

Forum Overseer
    I'm not talking about 5yrs in the future I'm talking about right now. The PS4 version of TR is leagues above the last gen version graphically. Unlike mynd I've played both. So no, hes not right.
    it doesn't matter if it looks leagues better, the point is that it's still a cross-gen title. theoretically if another team had been working on a TR (had the final kits 3 years ago) and the game came out this year, it would've looked leagues better than the TR we have on next-gen consoles now.

from that perspective, he is correct. those are just simple texture/visual updates. they're not generational differences. they're not different from the core.

just like how i know BF4 could be a lot better if they had not targetted PS3/360. because they can't make a game that won't fit on those consoles...so we get, for the lack of a better word, basically upscaled games...they're not meant to be for next-gen. so while BF4 on my PS4 is "miles" better than the PS3 version that I played to death as well, i know that it's just a simple visual update. it's not a true next-gen title.

but like i said, you're right in what you're saying, it might be a pretty big change and you may be talking about "right now". but he's not talking about right now. his comment is completely valid imo.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The cleverness of the 1080p solution used by GG in KZ is amazing to me. They render alternating halves of the screen for each frame and then use the info from the previous frame to overlay it afaik. The blur is probably caused by the doubling of the FXAA on each frame maybe (not sure if the filter is applied to each frame)

Forum Overseer
    so why didn't DF explain this in detail and just left the res out there for most people to get confused by.

hits I suppose.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    it doesn't matter if it looks leagues better, the point is that it's still a cross-gen title. theoretically if another team had been working on a TR (had the final kits 3 years ago) and the game came out this year, it would've looked leagues better than the TR we have on next-gen consoles now. from that perspective, he is correct. those are just simple texture/visual updates. they're not generational differences. they're not different from the core. just like how i know BF4 could be a lot better if they had not targetted PS3/360. because they can't make a game that won't fit on those consoles...so we get, for the lack of a better word, basically upscaled games...they're not meant to be for next-gen. so while BF4 on my PS4 is "miles" better than the PS3 version that I played to death as well, i know that it's just a simple visual update. it's not a true next-gen title. but like i said, you're right in what you're saying, it might be a pretty big change and you may be talking about "right now". but he's not talking about right now. his comment is completely valid imo.
    He said it only had "a few graphical tweeks." Thats the part that I'm addressing. You just agreed that it look leagues better so that would put you in disagreement with mynds comment about "a few graphical tweeks." And in that statement he IS talking about right now. As for the future, I already said I agreed with his posts about the future. Did you miss that part?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2014 at 21:50.

Forum Overseer
    He said it only had "a few graphical tweeks." Thats the part that I'm addressing. You just agreed that it look leagues better so that would put you in disagreement with mynds comment about "a few graphical tweeks." And in that statement he IS talking about right now. As for the future, I already said I agreed with his posts about the future. Did you miss that part?
    EDIT: well that's just the thing, his entire post is about the future. not now. from the base of it, he's accurate in what he's saying. that doesn't mean that those games don't look far better. he didn't say that. maybe you thought he implied that but i don't see it that way.

those few graphical tweaks may make a large difference. i think you're misunderstanding his post, most of what we got this generation is just that, just a few tweaks and viola, it's a next-gen port. what was Burnout Revenge on 360? a next-gen port, it only had a few tweaks. the game was essentially the same.

it's the same argument PC elites make, oh PCs are generations ahead...yeah, well where are those generations ahead games? Heck, now PCs haven't been closer to consoles forever...but moving forward, the differences will grow larger and PCs will start getting more details, eventually being the difference you saw from PS3/360 to PS4. but the games are still essentially the same with a few upgrades. it was still built for PS3/360 just like the future games will be built with PS4/X1 in mind and so PC versions will not be generations ahead. just better res with texture/fps updates etc.

mynd said, "Yes there will always be the odd port (Tomb Raider/MGS:GZ) that will make a few graphical tweaks and up the frame-rate). But if you look at those titles, outside of the texture res and few effects the actual assets look the same as last gen, there isn't more polys on display in say in Snake vs last gen."

more or less i agree with him. he's pretty much accurate about it. there isn't much else going on in those games besides textural and effects updates.

I'd even go so far as SS and Order to say that they're still likely not doing much more than last gen, and we'll see that in the next few years...right now they look sweet to us.

It's amazing how a huge game like Destiny can look like that it does...it really makes you wonder what these smaller games should be achieving, given the right developer and the right skills.

but again, i want to reiterate that i don't disagree with either of you, just that you are speaking from a different context than him. yes, there is definitely a large difference but it's still essentially the same game with better textures and effects. they didn't have to make the game from scratch.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-03-2014 at 22:00.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    EDIT: well that's just the thing, his entire post is about the future. not now. from the base of it, he's accurate in what he's saying. that doesn't mean that those games don't look far better. he didn't say that. maybe you thought he implied that but i don't see it that way. those few graphical tweaks may make a large difference. i think you're misunderstanding his post, most of what we got this generation is just that, just a few tweaks and viola, it's a next-gen port. what was Burnout Revenge on 360? a next-gen port, it only had a few tweaks. the game was essentially the same. mynd said, "Yes there will always be the odd port (Tomb Raider/MGS:GZ) that will make a few graphical tweaks and up the frame-rate). But if you look at those titles, outside of the texture res and few effects the actual assets look the same as last gen, there isn't more polys on display in say in Snake vs last gen." more or less i agree with him. he's pretty much accurate about it. there isn't much else going on in those games besides textural and effects updates. I'd even go so far as SS and Order to say that they're still likely not doing much more than last gen, and we'll see that in the next few years...right now they look sweet to us. It's amazing how a huge game like Destiny can look like that it does...it really makes you wonder what these smaller games should be achieving, given the right developer and the right skills. but again, i want to reiterate that i don't disagree with either of you, just that you are speaking from a different context than him. yes, there is definitely a large difference but it's still essentially the same game with better textures and effects. they didn't have to make the game from scratch.
    Not much going on in TR? Lmao. Seriously? Have you even played it? Sounds to me like you haven't. And no, his whole post wasnt about the future. The difference between TR versions is about right now not 5yrs from now. And lets pretend nothing much is going on in TR (laughable but lets pretend ) it still wouldn't change my point that the PS4 version looks leagues better and is therefore more than just "a few graphical tweeks." That was the only point I was addressing. I already said I agreed with his opinion about the future and have had to remind you of that twice now. This discussion is becoming pointless now because youre either not listening to what I've said or youre just not comprehending it for some reason. Dont know I can make it any clearer. Anyway this isnt about TR and I was just trying to quickly address one point. I did that already so I'm out. Carryon.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2014 at 22:11.

Forum Overseer
    Not much going on in TR? Lmao. Seriously? Have you even played it? Sounds to me like you haven't. And no, his whole post wasnt about the future. The difference between TR versions is about right now not 5yrs from now. And lets pretend nothing much is going on in TR (laughable but lets pretend ) it still wouldn't change my point that the PS4 version looks leagues better and is therefore more than just "a few graphical tweeks." That was the only point I was addressing. I already said I agreed with his opinion about the future and have had to remind you of that twice now.
    it has nothing to do with that you agree with the rest of his post about the future.

you're misinterpreting what he said. 1) he said more than just "a few graphical tweaks". 2) please tell us what is TR doing that last gen did not have.

I know about the new way they made the hair...so what? PC had it too. it's slightly improved, big deal. it's a next-gen feature and it's great that it's there but it's a cross-gen title, you have some leg room for extra features. what else is it doing other than a texture/fps and effects upgrade?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    it has nothing to do with that you agree with the rest of his post about the future. you're misinterpreting what he said. 1) he said more than just "a few graphical tweaks". 2) please tell us what is TR doing that last gen did not have. I know about the new way they made the hair...so what? PC had it too. it's slightly improved, big deal. it's a next-gen feature and it's great that it's there but it's a cross-gen title, you have some leg room for extra features. what else is it doing other than a texture/fps and effects upgrade?
    Lmao. Read the edit in my post above you sufi. GRAPHICS was the ONLY thing I was talking about. I didnt say ANYTHING about FEATURES. Dude, you just dont listen and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over. Any questions then read my post slowly this time and see if it sinks in. If it doesn't then I dont know what to say to you. Its just pointless. I'm out.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2014 at 22:20.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I'm not talking about 5yrs in the future so of course I'm talking about right now. Why talk about something that hasnt happened yet? The PS4 version of TR is leagues above the last gen version graphically. The reviews and comparisons back me up on that. And unlike mynd I've played both versions. So no, hes not right.
    Yes the modeled her face but thats about it.
    Did they change the level design or remodel the levels? No.

Did they push more polys on screen? No (outside of her face)
    Did they add some graphical effects, sure did, did they add some more bush sure did.
    Did they up the texture res? Yes.
    The fundamentals of the assets did not change one jot however.

No one said it wasn't graphically better than last gen version, but it sure as hell is not built for this gen.

Forum Overseer
    Lmao. Read the edit in my post above you sufi. GRAPHICS was the ONLY thing I was talking about. I didnt say ANYTHING about FEATURES. Dude, you just dont listen and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over. Any questions then read my post slowly this time and see if it sinks in. If it doesn't then I dont know what to say to you. Its just pointless. I'm out.
    i don't think you understand that mynd was speaking about "graphical" features. you're repeating yourself over and over again but you're not understanding what is being said from my side.

if you read my posts correctly, i stated clearly that his post does not mean that there aren't differences that are worth noticing or whatever you want to call it, next-gen port worthy. that's not the point, the point is that the differences aren't different from the core.

it's still the same game with a next-gen face lift. that's all there is to it.

let me explain it to you this way, do you think Destiny would've been possible on PS3 and 360? that is more than just a facelift, that is something that's not possible.

that's what he's talking about. it's just a visual upgrade, nothing more.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yes the modeled her face but thats about it. Did they change the level design or remodel the levels? No. Did they push more polys on screen? No (outside of her face) Did they add some graphical effects, sure did, did they add some more bush sure did. Did they up the texture res? The fundamentals of the assets did not change one jot. No one said it wasn't graphically better than last gen version, but it sure as hell is not built for this gen.
    Never said that it was now did I? The explosions, upgraded textures, upgraded facial models all running in 1080p at 60fps. How is that just "a few graphical tweeks." You were sure impressed with Halo anniversary and its graphics upgrade yet youre trying to downplay this? I know you dont want to go next gen and youre always trying to validate sticking with 360 but dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining. I've played both versions unlike you. When you have done the same then come talk to me. Until then youre just talking out of your ass. Anyway like I said I'm out. Going round and round with you is pointless since your viewpoints are always extremely selective and/or biased. Which is why I usually dont waste my time trying to have an objective discussion with you. So again I really am done now. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2014 at 22:37.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Never said that it was now did I? The explosions, upgraded textures, upgraded facial models all running in 1080p at 60fps. How is that just "a few graphical tweeks."
    Err because they are graphical tweaks, they are taking whats already there and adding to it.
    Not sure why that an offensive word to you.
    I know you dont want to go next gen and youre always trying to validate sticking with 360 but dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining. I've played both versions unlike you. When you have then come talk to me. Until then youre just talking out of your ass. Anyway like I said I'm out. Going round and round with you is pointless since your viewpoints are always extremely selective and/or biased. Which is why I usually don't waste my time trying to have an objective discussion with you. So again I really am done now. lol
    Dude, you need to take a chill pill, no one ever said the game is not an improvement, but thats what they are improvements, not rebuilds. Do you really think TR would look like that if it was built from the ground up for next gen?
    Fark, Uncharted 4 is going to piss on your Tomb Raider: DE.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Err because they are graphical tweaks, they are taking whats already there and adding to it.
    Not sure why that an offensive word to you.

Dude, you need to take a chill pill, no one ever said the game is not an improvement, but thats what they are improvements, not rebuilds. Do you really think TR would look like that if it was built from the ground up for next gen?
    Fark, Uncharted 4 is going to piss on your Tomb Raider: DE.
    May very well, but TR: DE looks every bit a current gen game in comparison to any other game on the market right now. Call it a facelift or whatever. Doesn't matter. Was it rebuilt from the ground up? Who cares? The game looks and plays like it was built just for the PS4.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

26. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information